Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crazy As A Lunatone! (363)

I liked the argument, too. Except it got old fast near the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen of Mana
    It's strange... the PMC's Dexter sounded as if it was fed sugar so to make it hyper, making it talklikethis. O_o;
    Actually, I remember it sounding exactly like the way it sounded in today's episode back in Johto. It was a good feeling to hear, nostalgically.

Okay, nice to finally see another new episode. If I'm not mistaken, that was a dub voice they gave Lunatone? If it was, that's kind of disappointing; they let Solrock keep its interesting Japanese voice. :/

Nice to see the PMC again. Apparently the female half of the group had a voice change (maybe because her last VA was Megan Hollingshead?).

There's something I didn't quite get. What happened to all the townspeople? Did Lunatone hide them somewhere, or what?

Lol, Camerupt Point. Nice that they added that landmark in the episode, although it wasn't in the games.

I'll rate this episode 7/10. Okay filler, really.

Yay, I love the PMC. It's too bad they didn't team up with Team Rocket again like they did at the end of "Wish Upon a Star Shape", but it was great to see them again.

My two cents:

-- I loved the splitscreen fight between Ken and Jessie over who's weird. I always love splitscreen/popup fights, they are HILARIOUS. I can't remember how many episodes have them, but I know "Hello Pummelo", "The Totodile Duel", and "The Bicker the Better" do.
    -- And speaking of Orange Island episodes, just HOW does Brock have a picture of "The Joy of Pokemon" Nurse Joy, when he was with Professor Ivy at the time? Unless he got it from her sister in "The Ice Cave", maybe.
    -- Oo, Dextette *and* Dexter in the same episode. Rachel Lillis and Eric Stuart really got the voice work with this episode.
    -- ROFLOL at the PMC trying to pick up Lombre. Also at the twerps mistaking Team Rocket fighting for a space pokemon.
    -- It's so nice to have a scene with Team Rocket and Team Twerp not sniping at each other.

Overall, 9/10. It was a great way to get back to new episodes.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak
    That was about the only good part about it.

meh...that's all I say about the rest.
    True, true. But I only saw, like, a little more than half. I had an emergency (not bathroom, something else).
    If you need me for anything, you'd best contact me on Steam or AIM rather than by PM.

Spoiler:- Extra stuff:

Lol, it was funny when Team Rocket asked Ash & co. about Lunatone (or about the meteor, anyway), and they didn't know what they were talking about. Then Meowth said (by the way, this may not be the exact quote):
    Meowth: Who said what?

The way Meowth emphasized "Who" made the quote hilarious.

Personally, I thought this was a great filler. Great to see Ken and Mary again--their argument with TR was awesome.^_^ And nostalgia with the Cleffa episode in Johto; thank you 4Kids for remembering what they attempted to steal!

Lunatone's voice wasn't that bad IMO; if it is dubbed(sounded original to me; but then 4Kids have been known to sometimes do Pokémon voices that have the same name in Japan), this is one of their better ones. 8/10 for Crazy As A Lunatone.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

yeah, Brock had a pic of the tan, buff Nurse Joy from "The Joy of Pokemon". He wasn't around in the Orange Islands, so how does that work?

-Funny PMC.
    -Good voice for Lunatone.
    -Funny PMC-TR interaction.
    -Funny part with PMC & Lombre.
    -Dexter's voice returns.
    -Better filler.

I give it 8/10.

Okay, interesting episode we had here. We have now gotten a preview of Tate and Liza's Pokemon team now that we have seen Lunatone (which had a very strange voice, kinda sounds like Chimecho, chime chime!).

The flashlight motto was very funny, and the PMC dudes were just as good! We also got a revue of the original Dexter Pokedex (the one they have looks alot like a GBA SP, they should have cut it, like they painted over dolls and cut trading cards, and changed onigirl into a sandwich!

7/10

Nah, just another filler, next week on my pair of reviews, "The Garden of Eatin'" and "Pokeblock, Stock and Berry"!

I thought this was a good filler. PMC and Team Rocket was soo funny in this one. I thought I won't see the PMC again. I was shocked when I did see them. Totally funny. Also how Ash and everyone try to get Luntone some moonlight. It was great. ^^ 8/10.
    goodbye~

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiiest.Combusken
    [color=lightblue]- Brock says "I've heard theories that say Clefairy and Starmie are from outer space."
    It has precedent. In "Will the real Oak please stand up" a couple of remarks are made about speculation that Starmie (or Staryu, or both, can't remember) are related to aliens, communicating with them etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Flygon Prince
    yeah, Brock had a pic of the tan, buff Nurse Joy from "The Joy of Pokemon". He wasn't around in the Orange Islands, so how does that work?
    Brock was in the Orange Islands, just with Ivy and not Ash's group. He could very well have encountered the buff Nurse Joy. However, knowing Brock I would suspect he has "methods" of collecting info and pictures of the Nurse Joys in every region. For all we know there could be a book called "Nurse Joys of the World." ^_^

<><><>

The PMC's voice were way too boring and robotic for most of the episode, but they improved toward the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    ^_^
    DAI

[/tencharacterlimitfoo]
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Ok o_O Wierd episode.

Good Points:
    *The PMC have a Pokedex and it was funny when they had Lombre though.
    *Lunatone has a fitting voice.
    *Atleast Ash and Brock remembered the PMC and why they meet them when Brock said "You were after the Cleffa" which I didn't expect the writers to remember.
    *The fight about wierdness was funny. Also "I'm not wierd" "Chime chime" "Am i?" That bit was just wierd lol.
    *Also it was good that the PMC and Team Rocket remembered each other.
    *Beautifly!!!!!!!!!! First time in ages!

Bad Points:
    *The PMC were all like "Ashockwave" all in a robotic voices. Gah they should sound more human like they did last time. But they were ok at the end.
    *Nurse Joy colone?
    *"Not so Quick!" XD Gah that annoyed me.

Pretty good but PMC never come back that we know of so

Blaziken master Guest

Dis anyone besides me think that the japanese title was referring to Deoxys?It was after a while till I thought of lunatone.Silly me
    I just saw this ep.I actually thought it was okay,nothing spectacluar.Lunatone's voice was pretty weird,the female PMC had an annoying voice.I liked the pokedex voice:It was like a speeded up version of the old one.
    Last edited by Blaziken master; 12th September 2005 at 6:39 PM.

I find it hilarious how 4Kids decides to edit the time on the watch to a ridiculous hour, rather than converting it to the standard 12-hour time, and KEEPING the design of the watch despite them editing anything related to "Pokémon merchandise." Oh how the inconsistancies are rising.

After that episode, they decide to go back to editing stuff that isn't even accurate to the real things, like so:

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken master
    Dis anyone besides me think that the japanese title was referring to Deoxys?
    Nope. The little Kimori box on the official TV-Tokyo site mentions the fact that Lunatone comes from space, just like Deoxys.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Blaziken master Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    Nope. The little Kimori box on the official TV-Tokyo site mentions the fact that Lunatone comes from space, just like Deoxys.
    I would have realised this if I came to serebii forums earlier then I wouldn't have made that mistake

I like the part where Nurse Joy was hypnotized, revisited memories of Mewtwo Strikes Back.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

wow lunatone is a powerful pokemon if it can hipnotize an entire town. it was only an ok episode for me. 6/10

PMC are just two dumb kids who actually make Jessie and James decent adversaries for Ash and co., anyone with me on that?

Also, I think the reason they only have two members is that they're full of baloney.

I agree. Those guys are just as pathetic as they were in that Johto filler ep

And their crackpot theories; Snorlax create crop circles....

I like this episode. The PMC is refreshing compared to Team Rocket. But the idea of stealing Pokemon, however, is not.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

it was a good episode but i will never understand the logic about lunatones in the world of pokemon._.

a nice episode, Lunatone is kinda scary ^_^;
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Hmm, i loved to see Lunatone, a pokemon from the space.

And the new team, they were returned, great.

too bad they had no pokemon.

7/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Those PMC guys kept calling team rocket crazy. I guess they never looked in a mirror eh?

7.5/10

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast