Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Garden of Eatin'! (364)

That Slakoth was probably the strongest. It might have been on the verge of evolving and realized this.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvair
    May's line "This is Bananas!" proves that 4Kids has been listening to "Hollaback Girl" too much!
    Wouldn't she have said "this (stuff) is bananas" then?
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    Wouldn't she have said "this (stuff) is bananas" then?
    Ha! We wish. Pokémon is probably one of the only shows that's getting more immature the longer it goes on.

Anyway, I liked this ep. Snorlax was always a favourite of mine. I would have liked a bit of Snorlax versus Snorlax action though. Them trying to hurt Snorlax reminded me of when they tried to wake it up for the Orange League match, blasting the crap out of it. Ah, the good old days...

The Vigoroth versus Snorlax thing was a bit of a sham to be honest. As K.C said, it's very funny how Pikachu (who's thunder does a hell of a lot of damage) didn't even phase the thing, and yet a newly evolved Vigoroth kicked it round the shop. Ah well, still a good ep. Nice to see Yawn and Rest acknowledged together.

I think this episode would have been a lot better if it wasn't for Marcel. He really got on my nerves during this episode and he was a big distraction. The episode otherwise was great, with a cameo by Ash's Snorlax and the fight between Vigoroth and Snorlax, but I wish Marcel hadn't been such a drag on the episode.

I also liked the final scene, with Team Rocket doing the motto in their sleep, and wearing great new clothes. That was awesome.

6/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

This episode reminded me a lot of the Orange Islands episode "Snack Attack!". Pretty much the same concept, other than this time pokemon were being affected by the food shortage.

The idea of Slakoth to evolve was pretty predictable I suppose given the nature of what needed to happen in order to stop Snorlax, but I liked the idea of trying to involve some battling into it anyway.

The Snorlax is now used in a health spa, but has anyone worked out how are they going to feed it?

Blaziken master Guest

Just saw this ep.The battles were pretty good and I'm glad just a little bit of torkoal was in it.

That fanged Slakoth with the large tuff didn't seem like your typical Slakoth. I wonder if that's how they'd all look and act when they're close to evolving...

They feed Snorlax that Pokeblock Oak made, the one that will be used by May to feed Munchlax much later.

Great episode, and I liked how that Slakoth with the weird hair wanted to evolve and kicked Ash's butt even though Norman(who has a lot more battle experience with his Slakoth) lost his Slakoth to Torkoal's flames.

BTW, why doesn't Slakoth and Slaking in the anime show off the Truant trait(where the Slak@@@ only attacks once in a while and loafs off every other time)? I know that would give the Slak@@@ a big disadvantage anime-wise, but come on! It's not like they were going to lose.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

I didn't like TR's "new" oufits in the end, even though it was a dream. In fact, they merely wore those outfits over their old ones.

I liked this episode a lot, May's, "This is bananas!" line was delivered perfectly that it was hilarious.

Man, it's times like this I miss Veronica Taylor. :/

I was kind of hoping for Ash's Snorlax to come and battle the other Snorlax, but it never happened. It's nice to see Proffesor Oak and Ash's Snorlax having a cameo anyway.

I thought it was okay, I loved those Slakoths though. The battle between Vigoroth and Snorlax was pretty good as well.

An okay episode. Pretty good Slakoth and Snorlax battle.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

lol i know somebody who looks exact the like a snorlax, anyway it was a good episode and it had a nice battle as well.

Slakoth is a really cute and funny Pokemon, i loved this episode
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

slakoth is one of the best pokemon ever im glad they got their garden back

Signature Stuff
        Spoiler:- undefined:

It was great to see Ash's Snorlax again.

And i loved all those Slakoths, they were funny...

7/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Well I was surprised Ash's Grovyle and Torkoal lost to Slakoth.
    Ash's Snorlax should have appeared with Ash, who should have returned it.

This episode was OK.

The only thing that saved it from being completely bad was the Vigoroth vs Snorlax battle, that was good.

But what would have been better is if Ash used his Snorlax to battle the other one, that could have made for an awesome sumo match.

Well this episode was unexpected. Ash and friends just so happened to find the Slakoth Banana Garden on their way to Lilycove City? How convenient. Anyway, I disliked that Ash and friends had to, once again, help a random trainer solve an issue since that's been done to death. What made things in this episode so much worse was the fact that, once again, Ash and friends had to stop a Snorlax from eating everything in sight! Wasn't that done in the Orange Islands already? Anyway, Marcel was an interesting character though since he was actually pretty good in battle with his Vigoroth. I was glad that he was able to finally capture Snorlax and put it to good use. It was nice that he was able to put an end to the issue himself. Pretty decent. 5/10.

This episode was ok... It was great to see a Slakoth again. It was cool to see Vigoroth's Vital Spirit ability explained and used for the 1st time. It was cool to see a Slakoth evolution into Vigoroth even though it really was rushed. I'm Glad Mariselle was able to catch the Snorlax after Vigoroth defeated it.

32/100

Well this episode was.. good. Not a fan of Slakoth nor Vigoroth as well as Snorlax, but I got a good laugh when May says, "Well this is bananas!" and the group is like, "Oh May!' ~_~
    I like how that dude (forgot his name XP) Speaks. French ^_^
    Good Episode ^_^
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Snorlax's battle with Vigoroth was pretty cool. But that's pretty much all that this episode had going for it. It was an above-average episode but nothing much happened about it.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

These episode was also quite reminiscent of previous episodes back in Kanto and the Orange Islands. The Giovanni fantasy was one of the most hilarious I've seen in a while and for the most part, the plot was alright but not to noteworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by saar View Post
    Well I was surprised Ash's Grovyle and Torkoal lost to Slakoth.
    Well, it was just supposed to be a battle to help Slakoth evolve...

Well, I have to say, there's more interesting episodes than this one, since it was just a rehash of "Snack Attack" from the OI saga.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12