Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Scare To Remember! (365)

What a wasted plot device. I agree with most that they could have had Pikachu be with TR. They could have even had Pikahu enter the contest in Lilycove. Then Ash's training would be given a sense of urgancy. Alas, even the Japanese version of the show has been made so shallow that we'll never such a thing.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Well, although this episode was very similar to others like "Bound for Trouble", it was okay.

I actually thought the song was kinda sweet. Sure, the whole scene, not to mention the whole episode is kind of unoriginal, but not considering that, it wasn't too bad.

I don't mean to bring up this old rant again, but seriously, James' voice cuts all of his jokes' funniness in half. It's just very, very hard for me to enjoy his silliness as it currently is and has been since the middle of Johto. I'm reminded of the terrible voice change he got every single episode of Hoenn. :/ But I don't see him changing back anytime soon, so that's it for my complaining for now. >_>

Anyway, I sort of expected more out of this episode. 7/10.

This episode was actually quite enjoyable. Though I wish Pikachu's amnesia lasted longer...
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

MayAsh1987 Guest

I seen the Japanese episode first a month ago and I was happy it aired today. Some of the lines were crazy like.....

Jessie: YOu know JAmes, I never felt this close to you before.
    JAmes: I feel the same about you....

Jessie: Are you calling me fat?

Ouch!!!!!

I was surprised 4 Kids would put the song in the flashback scene. I thought they would something bogus soothing scene which they do a lot what I heard of. Also they changed the clips for that part too, so they aren't the same clips you see and compare.

Another surprise part is they kept the part where they grab their lower eye lids and stick their tongue, don't know what you guys call it but they kept it.

That was crazy how Meowth try to brainwash Pikachu sayin, "You been a Team Rocket member since you were a baby!"

And Team Rocket got the chance to do their revenge. Poor Ash getting shocked by the electric attacks from his own PIkachu, felt sorry but hey once in a while you have to see how Team Rocket went through.

My favorite part was when Ash and Pikachu got back together, it felt so emotional. I started to cry. (I'm a crybaby.)

This episode gets 10/10. I don't have any complaints, but it reminded me of something important which I could relate too.

Oh by the way, don't ever say forever. Because something bad happens. Always!!!!!!

I've always loved the touching episodes of Pokemon. They used to do a lot of them in the old series, but they stopped up until now. It was a lot better than I expected, and I'm glad I didn't miss it!

it was a good episode. Pikachu joining Team Rocket was cool but the mushy bit with Ash and Pikachu in the river SUCKED!

I still can't belive that was water!

8/10
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

It's been quite a while since I'm seen any episodes, the last one was 'Take this house and Shuppet!' but I decided to watch this one.

Just saw the episode about.....nearly 2 hours ago, and it was quite good. Good twist with Pikachu joining Team Rocket, and James' face when they were blasting of at the end was kawaii!

Mudkip got some screentime this ep, which is always good!

It's a useful episode, although I didn't like the way Pikachu finally, out of nowhere remembered Ash just like that.

The reunion was a bit mushy alright, "Pikachu's goodbye" was much better at demonstrating this IMO, but seeing Team Rocket actually use Pikachu on Ash was quite funny/odd I suppose. They probably should have made Team Rocket do more than Pikachu though. Otherwise decent-ish episode.

I forgot to mention; they actually kept the Bii-da thing that Team Rocket did! I thought 4Kids didn't like that!

MayAsh1987: I mentioned the name of that thing, they usually cut them but today was an exception.

it was a upsetting episode,i was worried when ash fell into the river

10/10
    IM BACK Everyone <3
    SPPF's NO 1 Ash ketchum Lover Forever <3 |Ash is My Bishie <3 * Holds Tight And Huggles
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/j9xzk4.jpg[/IMG]
    Soul Mate - Shikamaru | Banner - Katsu | Erica ~Still a Mudkip + Sceptile Lover
    The Mudkip | Torchic | Treecko Fan club | Ash Doll | Ash Club <3 | Emiline Ketchum - roleplay
    Pair - Flare | Penpals : Katsu Katsuko and Endless Summer
    Em*Katsu*Rubi*Hika*Kelly*Zino*Tama = The SatoQuintruplets
    Satochu Lover Twins - Pikagirl
    Ask me for my pearl code! | Diamond Friend Code - 3823 5121 4699
    No matter where you are Ash your always gonna be mine

It was a good episode, but sad. Pikachu being nice to Meowth and vise versa, good. Team Rocket using Pikachu against Ash, pretty awesome twist seeing Ash get beat by his own Pokemon, Ash and Pikachu drifting through the river, pretty sad, but when Pikachu remembered Ash right away, wasn't a good ending. Pikachu should've had his memory gone a little longer then after the river scene. 9/10
    Last edited by Opal Pikachu13; 4th September 2005 at 2:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkip Girl (Satoshi's Lover 4ever)
    it was a upsetting episode,i was worried when ash fell into the river

10/10
    I don't think you need to worry about that. The writers are big fat chickens, and would never forgive themselves if they did anything to their little Satoshi-chan. X__x;; I'm not bashing Satoshi, I'm just saying that the writers should be less protective of their characters and do something diffferent than favor them for a change. *coughkilloffMasatocough*

Kazaana Guest

I didn't like this episode that much at all. I dislike Pikachu greatly, and this episode was pretty much centered around it, so that's probably why.

This was also one of the few episodes that I enjoyed TR more than Ash (which is saying something =P). I hate when they keep on talking about Ash and Pikachu's friendship. You can only hear something so many times before it gets annoying. >/

And I agree that Pikachu should have had amnesia for a bit longer than it did. It would have made for a very interesting couple of episodes afterwards. =3

PokeTrainer7783 Guest

Oh for crying out loud all I gotta say is can we get over the "Ash and Pikachu" will always previal in the end episodes???? and I didn't care for the song much I thought it was just as cheesy as most of the songs they play are. Why they changed the flashbacks I'll never know. I will admit Pikachu attacking Ash was kind of sad but you knew it wouldn't last long. and why must their reunions get mushier and hugger??? ehh it's creepy sometimes!!! I mean I like Ash and Pikachu it's not that I can't stand them but their reunions and episodes are always the same. If your gonna make one completely on them find some way to twist it and surprise us once in a while.

This was half-good, half bad. Team Rocket were funny in this episode, especially Wobbuffet, but the Ash/Pikachu reunion sucked. This could've been a 2-parter, with a less mushy ending.

6/10.
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

PokeTrainer7783 Guest

I personally think Ash needs Pikachu then vice versa. He frigging has a cow anytime Pikachu is lost. By now I'd be like great now I gotta bale it out of trouble again.

that Epsiode was ok

8/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsoxpsyco
    Ok, I'm out, this is turning into a game of spin the bottle O_o.

Oo, I LOVED this episode. It was great to see Meowth and Pikachu being buddies for an episode, even if Meowth was leading him on. They were great together. It was also nice seeing Meowth do the same apple thing that Pikachu did with him in "Bound for Trouble". I do think Team Rocket did a little overkill frying Ash three times, but hey, at least once was great. While I'm in the middle of season four, when Team Rocket was often getting fried when they didn't deserve it, it's a treat to see them get a little revenge. I also loved the montage, it and the song were really beautiful. I watched the episode again last night, and it moved me far more than the montage in "Pikachu's Goodbye" did. I just wish they'd had flashbacks from farther back than "Hoenn Alone".

I also loved the part when Jessie, James, and Wobbuffet were flattened against the tree and were talking about being so close to each other. LOL

10/10

Edited because I'm stupid.
    Last edited by wobbanut; 8th September 2005 at 7:02 PM.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22 NEW!! 10/28
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

PokeTrainer7783 Guest

I personally would have given this episode higher credit if it had not been for the whole flashback song thingy. I don't think they had to make the episode that big of a deal. Sure it was sad that Pikachu lost it's memory but it wasn't the end of the world. Also since they were showing flashbacks they could've shown a little something from each season that would've made more of an impact on me instead of just showing the ones they've done recently. But if I have to scare it 7/10.

Shadowcat Guest

Funny and ok Episode. I love how Pikachu joined Team Rocket. Team Rocket finally strung up a good lie, but Ash broke their dreams as usual.

I thought that this was a wonderful epsiode. I loved how Ash and Pikachu got back together at the end. I got so scared when they fell in the river and I wanted to cry when they played the song in that flashback moment. I think it was only the Hoenn flashback because doing all other five seasons would take a long time. By the way, Pikachu probably got it's memory back while they were in the river or when they both landed on the side of the river. Anyway, this was wonderful to watch and I want to hear that song again.
    I am hidden, yet I am in front of you.
    Claims: Yami Yugi[Bishie Thread 2.0] Ashita Tenki ni Shite Okure[Favorite Anime Song Thread]

Tifa Guest

Aww i really loved the ending to this, and the song

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew
    I thought that this was a wonderful epsiode. I loved how Ash and Pikachu got back together at the end. I got so scared when they fell in the river and I wanted to cry when they played the song in that flashback moment. I think it was only the Hoenn flashback because doing all other five seasons would take a long time. By the way, Pikachu probably got it's memory back while they were in the river or when they both landed on the side of the river. Anyway, this was wonderful to watch and I want to hear that song again.
    I wish they would have at least had a flashback to the first episode, since Ash and Pikachu were swept down a river then too. That would have been an excellent memory trigger.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22 NEW!! 10/28
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

I kinda liked this episode......even though it was a filler....

PokeTrainer7783 Guest

Yeah we all like to see Ash squirm once in a while don't we? Okay actually he does that a lot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast