Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lessons in Lilycove! (367)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulba the Great! View Post
    I couldn't think of a better thread to bring this up in, and it seemed to silly to make another thread for it, but I find it an odd inconsistency with the show that there doesn't seem to be a fixed rule about using objects in the appeal portion. Surely the Pokemon should solely be demonstrating its own powers? Or if objects are allowed, shouldn't it be a requirement? It seems trainers who use objects have an unfair advantage.
    I think the objects have been allowed, May had Skitty juggling balls in an earlier appeal. Not to mention in that very first Contest they had a Venemoth pouring tea into a cup or stuff like that.

I guess either by showing off a Pokemon or doing a skill with it counted as a decent appeal.

Also, Bulba the Great, feels kind of odd rewatching these episodes now that you're older, isn't it? You have the memories from when you were younger but you see them in a different light now that you've aged so many years since you last watched them.

Also, Bulba the Great, feels kind of odd rewatching these episodes now that you're older, isn't it? You have the memories from when you were younger but you see them in a different light now that you've aged so many years since you last watched them.
    It's so bizarre. But it's also absolutely wonderful. I can be cynical, but nothing will ruin the fond memories I have of growing up a part of the Advanced Generation. Especially knowing where the anime's headed from here...it's like fondly going back and re-reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Once upon a time, that was the latest book available. Now it's the midway point, in many ways the turning point of the series.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

It's so bizarre. But it's also absolutely wonderful. I can be cynical, but nothing will ruin the fond memories I have of growing up a part of the Advanced Generation. Especially knowing where the anime's headed from here...it's like fondly going back and re-reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Once upon a time, that was the latest book available. Now it's the midway point, in many ways the turning point of the series.
    Probably also because its the last saga 4kids dubbed. Just curious, what are you going to do when you get up to Battle Frontier?

Probably also because its the last saga 4kids dubbed. Just curious, what are you going to do when you get up to Battle Frontier?
    Likely continue through D/P. I can't say in full honesty that I agree with the voice cast change, and I certainly remember when Ms. Blaustein joined the message boards after the switch, and how much I fought to have 4Kids come back. But I don't loathe PUSA and I would like to find out what happened in the black hole of my memory that is D/P.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Likely continue through D/P. I can't say in full honesty that I agree with the voice cast change, and I certainly remember when Ms. Blaustein joined the message boards after the switch, and how much I fought to have 4Kids come back. But I don't loathe PUSA and I would like to find out what happened in the black hole of my memory that is D/P.
    Well DP was a good series overall, so you'll probably enjoy it. That being said Ash's voice does improve in the DP era, its really only pretty bad during most of Battle Frontier.

Bad final battle. So let me get this straight: Kelly couldn't use Grumpig's Psychic attack on Combusken's Flamethrower because it wasn't aimed directly at it? No writers. That was painful to watch for so many reasons. Also, I like how Combusken's indirect flames knocked Grumpig out before Grumpig's super-effective Psychic attack knocked out Combusken.

It must've been painful for the writers to focus on Swellow for two episodes considering the lack of focus it gets. Just to master Aerial Ace.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I loved how Jessie handled Chimecho and even got a perfect score with it. Seeing both Kelly and May during the contest was awesome and this is another good contests and I especially liked the battle with May and her Combusken. I also loved the small sub-plot with Ash trying to teach his Swellow Aerial Ace and doing it perfect at the end of the episode.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123