Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lessons in Lilycove! (367)

Question Judge's voice former narrator?

Is it my imagination or did the judge on the left have the voice of the original opening narrator of the series? Sure did sound like him.
    Latias aways gets a little carried away when it involves love - or perhaps that would better describe Ash in this situation! ^_^

AltoShipping is Pikachu-approved! ^_^

Latios and Latias Fans - unite!!

That's because he is the same voice.

Geki Guest

This was by far my favorite contests besides the Fallarbor one. May and Kelly showed some cool moves, and May and Combusken owned with Sky Uppercut.

5/5

It was a good episode
    Jessie should have won, but combusken ruled
    8/10
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

This episode seemed a bit rushed, actually. It skipped several sections and a whole round of matches. Maybe just because Swellow and three appeals also needed putting in. To be honest, I'd rather have contests being two whole episodes long (with an optional pre-contest filler)
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Blaziken master Guest

What I thought was funny that grumpig's voice sometimes sounded like an opera singer

Cool, the best contest of all!

(Made by me)
    I love dragons... especially Dragonite.
        Spoiler:- Claims.-:

D·r·Ş·G·0·|\|·!·t·€

- Good for Spriters! - Join to This RPG! -

Just watched the ep and it was good. Knew who Kelly was as soon as I saw her cause people talk about her all the time on here. Too bad I missed her famous scene though. XD

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Is it just me or did Ash seem to really be impressed with Kelly? He seemed to notice and compliment her a lot.
    I noticed that as well.

Was anyone else annoyed how Team Rocket got blasted off for no reason? I mean, Swellow did it unintentionally but it was still stupid and unnecessary.

I've only seen part of it, but I like the final match-up alot: Combusken VS. Grumpig. Chicken VS. Pig. Farm animal VS. Farm animal. A good episode overall.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Jessie is such a moron. Not only did she use Chimecho with abusive force (to the extent of hurting other people's ears), she even told it to use Double Edge when James told her not to use that attack. Oh well, at least she didn't cheat.

Jessie cares not for anyone but herself. I'm surprised her violent selfish ego hasn't gotten Team Rocket in the big house more often.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

Quote Originally Posted by C.J. Ray View Post
    I'm surprised her violent selfish ego hasn't gotten Team Rocket in the big house more often.
    That's because they always fail no matter what they do to capture Pikachu.

I just have to comment on how absolutely impressive May's appeal was. She took a bad situation and turned it into a spectacular display of talent. It's a pity she got a fairly low score, but she definitely deserved to get in for that. It's this kind of thing that made me get into Contests in the first place.

I also liked how she used the tough Combusken, since Torchic before did not get contest spotlight, and initially I thought she was only going to use cutesy Pokemon for appeals. I have to say, this surprised me.
    Mostly lurking nowadays.

Eh i didn't like this one very much. I don't like contests. But Combusken was cool in this episode.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

it was a good episode especially combusken's moves were cool.
    Last edited by (s.i.e); 28th January 2009 at 11:36 AM.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

i like the episode, Combusken attacks looked so cool ^_^
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Great contest, one of my favorites in Hoenn.

May was very kind when she saved Grumpig, i loved this.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

So it's time for May to compete in her 5th Contest and she's using Combusken? I would've thought she'd go with something a little more, graceful to be honest. I thought it's fireball appeal was pretty good though, all the judges thought so. Even Ash, who was outside with Swellow practicing Aerial Ace was watching and was praising the performance so I guess it went better than I thought. The rival girl this time around seemed to be surprised.

The rival girl and her Grumpig put on a better show though. Their combination of Pokeblock and psychic was almost flawless in beauty. Grumpig had exellent control, able to manipulate them into any size it wanted. So of course the judges loved it. Swellowed continued training but wasn't able to hit the mark, too bad. Jessie and Chimecho were great. Chimecho's sound based attacks seemed to soothe the crowd, then it's Astonish made everyone cover their ears in pain! I loved the contrast between softness and loudness and so did the judges (even giving it a PERFECT score!).

Thye battle rounds were cool, though I was disappointed that May versus Jessie only lasted a few seconds. Combusken really defeated Chimecho swiftly, probably because James never let it battle much before. Swellow did well and was able to gain mastery of Aerial Ace. The final battle between Grumpig and Combusken was terrible since both were evenly matched. The best move was Combusken's fire attack being manipulated into a dragon by Grumpig's psychic move! I'm glad May won, she deserved it. 6/10 for the lovely Contest in Lilycove City; Where the land ends, and the sea begins.

...And May did it! Combusken pull it off. A c'mon judge, that's not fair!

Even more when you realize how lame Kelly was with her appeal :/ what is everyone hypnotized? Talking about terrible Jessie was .... no wait she got a perfect score o_o!

Hahaha James was really concerned about his Chimecho!

And that's all, May had one clever victory typical of her.

I will call it a day for now, in my advanced challenge marathon!
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

This isn't a bad contest episode really. I liked May's fireball and how it turned a potential disaster into a very interesting move, I don't agree with that last judge May did pretty good turning it around.
    It is odd that Jessie got a perfect score when she practically hurt Chimecho to do that, how May's score was lower I won't know. It was still good though James was funny poor guy really loves that Chimecho.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Grumpig is a strong pig but not strong enough to beat a powerfull pokemon like Combusken.
    I didn't understand how Combusken's appeal was good enough to make it to the battle rounds. It was a pretty awful appeal, maybe the worst in Hoenn.

This contest was rather enjoyable.

I liked the appeals and the Grumpig vs Combusken battle. I felt bad for Chimecho, it's just not built for battle.

Overall, this was a good episode.

This episode was good. It was great seeing Combusken and its moves in the contest, it's moves are really cool and strong. I'm glad May and Combusken didn't panic when things went wrong with Fire Spin. It was funny when Jessie told Chimecho to use Double-Edge after James specifically ordered her not to use the attack. That Astonish attack is really crazy sounding. The battle between Combusken and Grumpig was great. I'm glad may won the contest.

79/100

Worse contest match ever! This battle was aweful. Kelly should have put up more of a fight.

My ideal battle ever!

I couldn't think of a better thread to bring this up in, and it seemed to silly to make another thread for it, but I find it an odd inconsistency with the show that there doesn't seem to be a fixed rule about using objects in the appeal portion. Surely the Pokemon should solely be demonstrating its own powers? Or if objects are allowed, shouldn't it be a requirement? It seems trainers who use objects have an unfair advantage.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast