Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Judgement Day! (368)

Not that I know of, the gang would definitely mention Misty if they saw the Cascade badge.

Well I did enjoyed this epsiode I just wish it was better animated. ^^; There where some good points, but the animation wasn't up to par at all. I did like when Jimmy tries to save his Kanto starter Pokemon, Brock battled with Ash, May and Max mess up between Pokemon, Misty reference....yeah. Those were great, now if only the animation was great. Meh...7/10. Ends a good season nonethless. ^^
    goodbye~

P_B please forgive me.

I didn't really enjoy the episode. I did miss Beach Blankout Blastoise, so it was good to see an episode featuring Blastoise and Wartortle. I thought Jimmy's voice was too nasal sounding. Not what I pictured for him. At least he was a cutie though.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by Churly
    -Jimmy was a retard for not keeping the Magikarp. Of course he would'nt have Charmeleon if he kept it.
    .....and I'm sure he thinks the same of you. -___-; *not in the mood to see people calling her dear Jimmy a retard* Watch yer mouth if you wanna keep yer credibility.

I certainly wouldn't have wanted to keep a Magikarp, shiny or not. :x Boring li'l things, 'least til they evolve.

Purrrrrrr.

He didn't seem to make the connection that Magikarp was a shiny, which is why he traded it away so quickly. Apparently he didn't notice what was special about it.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilKeckleon
    (but this would fit well with a cartoon that uses old Hanna-Barbeara stuff, like ATHF)
    All of the animation for ATHF is made specifically for the series.

The only parts of the show that are recycled from old Hanna Barbera stuff are some of the backgrounds, which were taken from Swat Kats and Johnny Quest.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    He didn't seem to make the connection that Magikarp was a shiny, which is why he traded it away so quickly. Apparently he didn't notice what was special about it.
    The first thing you ever see is the colour. If he didn't notice that the Magikarp was gold and not normal red he must be colour blind or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_Bugsy
    .....and I'm sure he thinks the same of you. -___-; *not in the mood to see people calling her dear Jimmy a retard* Watch yer mouth if you wanna keep yer credibility.
    lol. I have credibility? Would you be just as ticked if I called him a retard for not keeping a shiny Mewtwo?
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Yep.

He probably just liked Charmeleon more, dudes. None of this OMG HE DINT KEAP A SHINEY!!!!!1 crap. It's preference, yo. And he's a 'retard' for having a preference?

Purrrrrrr.

Not that I know of, the gang would definitely mention Misty if they saw the Cascade badge.
    Actually, if I recall correctly, the gang didn't mention Misty at all in the Japanese version.

Thing is, trading away a Pokemon for something else which you might actually *like* isn't retarded. I'd trade a shiny Mewtwo away for a Nosepass or a Dustox, to be quite frank. Like Oos said, it's preference... Jimmy obviously has his own taste in Pokemon, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Churly, please watch what you say in future. Some people might be offended by you calling one of their favorite characters a retard. -_-
    Last edited by Alfonso; 12th September 2005 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Actually, if I recall correctly, the gang didn't mention Misty at all in the Japanese version.
    Typical.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_Bugsy
    He probably just liked Charmeleon more, dudes. None of this OMG HE DINT KEAP A SHINEY!!!!!1 crap. It's preference, yo. And he's a 'retard' for having a preference?
    If only he knew MY story. I must have hatched 100 Magikarp Duds in my Crystal using the Shiny Ditto Trick Breeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Churly, please watch what you say in future. Some people might be offended by you calling one of their favorite characters a retard. -_-
    When I called Jimmy a retard I wasn't being all that serious and I didn't know 'Oos' loved Jimmy then. What am I supposed to just know that she loved the Cotd?
    Last edited by Thriller; 12th September 2005 at 11:57 PM.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

GaryAshRichie Guest

The whole "shiny" concept doesn't seem to be that big of a deal in the anime...it's usually brought up then dropped just as quickly. He simply said it was oddly colored, or something to that effect, which indicates he didn't even know about it. Since people are always shocked by shinies in the anime, it's safe to assume a lot of people are unaware of the phenomenon.

I wonder if Jimmy will actually be training when we next run into him, or if we'll find him easily swayed into another suck job, like being a Nurse Joy's assistant or something equally mundane.

When I called Jimmy a retard I wasn't being all that serious and I didn't know 'Oos' loved Jimmy then. What am I supposed to just know that she loved the Cotd?
    Still, calling a character a retard is still character bashing. Which is against forum rules, so...

And the big rant in my sig, Jimmy pic, and big letter that say that I'm ****** 'cause I missed the Jimmy ep isn't enough of a clue....? o___0 And you were calling JIMMY blind?!

Purrrrrrr.

MayAsh1987 Guest

Wow, I didn't know the sandwich edited, I knew something fishy was going on, and they changed the title screen. The animation in this episode was horrible, I didn't really like it, but the episode was decent overall.

Holy sh*it, Brock and ASh battled. Now that one caught my attention, other then that it was okay.

This gets 6.9/10.

[SPOIL]-Why is it that the Cotd's Pokemon can just suddenly evolve but Pokemn like Ash's Corphish never do?
    Good question but in this case Squirtle was Jimmy's first Pokemon, and he's older than Ash. Therefore he has had Wartortle a lot longer than Ash has had Corphish.

-Was the few 'Misty' reference's 4Kids add-ons?
    I would like to see it confirmed that they didn't mention her. If so then how did they get on the topic of him not havign to battle to get the badge?

I liked this episode. Never really thought about where Pokemon judges came from, but then again, they were always random people the writers didn't focus on, all looking the same. Well, they weren't expecting to get into the background of them.

Nice to see the evolution of the starters. And Blastoise is my favorite Pokemon, so that was cool too.

That's all. 7/10.

Quote Originally Posted by MayAsh1987
    and they changed the title screen.
    They changed the theme?! O.O

*goes back to watch his recording again*

The next episode has a new title screen in the dub, 4kids used the old one for this ep.

Geki Guest

This was a pretty decent episode, I liked it for a filler. Jimmy was cool, he had all three Kanto Starters. Too bad Charmeleon and Ivysaur didn't evolve in the end like Wartortle, it would have been awesome.

4/5

Pretty good episode, BUT!!! Talk about Ash; Mr. Hypocrite!! 'You don't just run into Ivysaur and Charmeleon!' Why not? You ran into Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander!!

Anyway, like I said, pretty good episode, I liked it. Yay for Mudkip time!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Pretty good episode, BUT!!! Talk about Ash; Mr. Hypocrite!! 'You don't just run into Ivysaur and Charmeleon!' Why not? You ran into Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander!!
    Brock said that line so Ash wasn't being a hypocrite

Pretty good, Blastoise! *drools* XD But Mudkip got time and battled! ZOMG! Also its pretty good, Lombre kicked as* and Shiny Magikarp apprence was pretty cool.

But not too good as the last Challenge episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu
    Brock said that line so Ash wasn't being a hypocrite
    Ash agreed though, once again, making him a hypocrite. I believe he said: 'Yeah...' or something. But I know he's a hypocrite!

Jimmy's voice sounded nothing like I thought it would! And he didn't know that the shiny Magikarp was rare!!

it was nice seeing Wartortle, Charmeleon and Ivysaur again *cough*fireredleafgreenadvertising*cough*

It was great to see a shiny Magikarp, as well as Mudkip finally battling! it was a shame Brock didn't use forretress though.
    I loved seeing Blastoise again, I love that thing.
    It was cool to see the magikarp sub

The battle was good but it was a shame we didn't get to see the end of it.

Out of all I would rate this 8/10
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

THE SANDWICH!!! Could they of made it any worse? At one point, I think it went through a bit of Wartortles face. They should of just left it as is, instead of "making it better", as they call it.

it was a really cool episode XD,Cant wait for 3 episodes of advance battle soon
    IM BACK Everyone <3
    SPPF's NO 1 Ash ketchum Lover Forever <3 |Ash is My Bishie <3 * Holds Tight And Huggles
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/j9xzk4.jpg[/IMG]
    Soul Mate - Shikamaru | Banner - Katsu | Erica ~Still a Mudkip + Sceptile Lover
    The Mudkip | Torchic | Treecko Fan club | Ash Doll | Ash Club <3 | Emiline Ketchum - roleplay
    Pair - Flare | Penpals : Katsu Katsuko and Endless Summer
    Em*Katsu*Rubi*Hika*Kelly*Zino*Tama = The SatoQuintruplets
    Satochu Lover Twins - Pikagirl
    Ask me for my pearl code! | Diamond Friend Code - 3823 5121 4699
    No matter where you are Ash your always gonna be mine

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast