Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clamperl of Wisdom (369)

Geki Guest

It was a pretty good episode, I liked Spoink and Clamperl dilemma.

4/5

Please do not comment on the intro here. Thank you. Besides Mewtwo was briefly in the intro...that has been confirmed for months from the japanese intro that that clip was taken from

They mainly used the Battle Frontier stuff - they should of show the original 8th Season Opening, not the 9th Season -_-;

Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if they are already dubbing the 8th Movie right this moment- lets hope they dont give Rukario or Manyula some heterosexual name.

But yeah, the whole thing with Team Rocket & Clamperl was funny. How it blew Jessie into a tree with Water Gun XD - and her trying to open it and **** XD

I wish they would of just used the Japanese Opening instead of putting a straight theme song to it and mixing the 8th & 9th Season intro's...

I wouldn't be surprised if they have dubbed the entire season of Advanced Battle already...

~Scott

EDIT FROM DOGASU: Post fixed. Homophobic comments are not tolerated here.

3DS: 1590 4683 0583, Wii:1455 7087 4777 5760, PSN: MidnightScott

I love the Nintendo 3DS, games owned: 17
    Japanese Flare Red 3DS GET! 1891 1352 3198

Ooooh! AG Season 3 is going to prove that the future of Pokemon is Wild! I know that Advanced Battle will be an experiment in adventure! My waiting has finally payed off, Yay me!

I know I just pulled taglines from ads for Lunatics Unleashed, Johnny Test and Coconut Fred (who provided a great final countdown), but this really describes what Advanced Battle is going to be about. New stuff, new events, and new Pokemon too.

But how did this season begin, with a bang of course, of Pokeballs followed up by a Badge Case with one on it (gasp!) being our brand new title card! The new intro was excellent, read my post in the corrosponding thread for more about that.

Now, we've got an intresting plot today, and the return of Spoink (Yay Me!)! It's nice to see Spoink again after all this time, even though we are starting AG Season 3 (yep, AG numbering roxors my soxors!). The new professor guy was neat, I could tell he was the cousin of a rock star (hedley hint hint ).

Now for the NEW Trainers Choice, no more Arbok>Seviper problems, they've been studying haven't they? Ember is super-effective against pure grass types such as Seedot (not Ludicolo, he's part grass).

Clamperl had a unique voice, kinda sounded like Dory in a clam. Just like last time Spoink appeared,

James also flashed cards again, but this time the backs were blank and the fronts were not shown, was this an edit? If 4Kids could pull off a Sandwich edit, they could have painted away the backs and modified the fronts last time. But this was good though (was it like that originally?).

So, Season 8, this will be a most exciting season at that!

18/20

the episode was ok......... Clamperl seems cute......... and Torkoal jumping in the water was funny........ but weird..... and i'm not sure if Spoink is like Jigglypuff's replacement...... XP
    and Seviper was kewl in the battle with Torkoal........... it bad it still lost....
    and to me, the new opening seemed kewl but a little long........ XP
    8/10

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

A lot better than the first Spoink episode, that's for sure. Similarly, though, the best parts were the comedic value, and nothing much more. The Giovanni fantasy with Clamperl was one of the greatest fantasies ever, rivaling only the Bagon one. Even better yet was Meowth waving his *** in front of Clamperl, only to get it clamped, lawl. And the animation also whopped ***, unlike last week's episode...

You people are getting too optimistic over the slight twist of Trainer's Choice. They'll foul it up over the next few episodes. Trust me.
    Last edited by S.Suikun; 17th September 2005 at 6:47 PM.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Yes, I loved the Trainer's Choice. It could actually be quite tricky if you think about it. All of the Pokemon there would be weak to fire attacks if it weren't for Lapras and Ludicolo being part-water types.

Anyways... anyone find it extremly unrealisitic that the blue peral just happens to find its way to a Clamperl, knocking the pink peral is knocked out of the shell and straight onto Spoink's head? What was with that?

Anyways, forgot my rating. 8/10.

EDIT: Oh, and did anyone else notice James? "That's one shell of a shell!" XD I love it when 4Kids does funny puns that the kids won't get.

Quote Originally Posted by PokémonScott
    Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if they are already dubbing the 8th Movie right this moment- lets hope they dont give Rukario or Manyula some heterosexual name.
    4kids does NOT change the Pokemon names. That is all done by Nintendo of America. Thank you.

This episode was okay. Not much else to say on that. Spoink really bugs me now >_>

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

To start, the new entrance theme isn't too bad. Spoink-chan was its usual kawaii self...too bad we won't see the little guy again. If anyone's played Emerald, check both Spoink and Clamperl's entries. Cool, huh? Good that they planned this fact ahead of time.^_^ James' shell quote will be familiar to TMNT viewers, where that show's used that shell pun about a hundred times.

The Trainer's Choice v.2 isn't bad at all...let's hope they won't screw up at all this time around. And I squealed(in shock) when they showed the Wailmer on Spoink...how the heck can Spoink balance it on its head without using Psychic?!o_0;

Overall, 8/10. Great start to Advanced Battle.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Risk Alchemist Guest

i saw this epsisode today and it rocked! i liked the new theme song too!

~Deoxys Lover~

Clampearl... Why does clampearl look like a a weird, idiotic pokemon before it evolves??
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime. Give a man religion, he will starve praying for a fish. Give a man a poisoned fish, feed him for his lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxys Lover
    i saw this epsisode today and it rocked! i liked the new theme song too!

~Deoxys Lover~
    Oh man, the new theme song is good but I like the one before it ( Pokemon Advanced[ theme song]) better.
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime. Give a man religion, he will starve praying for a fish. Give a man a poisoned fish, feed him for his lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Brother
    EDIT: Oh, and did anyone else notice James? "That's one shell of a shell!" XD I love it when 4Kids does funny puns that the kids won't get.
    I HOPE that was sarcasm, because I pretty sure most children would've gotten that without even thinking. Ever watch the new Ninja Turtles? It's said a gazillion times, that it's not even hilariously funny anymore. Not that it ever was.

Anyway, after my hiatus of not even watching Pokemon for the past 8 weeks, I thought I might as well start watching again for the new season.
    I caught the new opening just as it opened, and spit my java at the TV screen.

OH MY GOD. OH MY DEAR GOD, NO.

Taking out a song that barely had lyrics in it? That was to be expected.
    But having the worst opening song to date cuts it for me.
    As the episode starts, I'm greeted to lame Pokemon voices and silliest episode to start a new season with. Pretty average episode really. Most of the plot was spoinks "blah" quest to find it's "blah" pearl. Not much going to for this episode.

Score: 5/10
    xNodame is my Bishoujo! MUKYA! >:3
    xCurrently playing: MinDeaD BlooD (PC), Dairantou Smash Bros. X (Wii), No More Heroes (Wii) [Lots of stuff]
    xCurrently watching: Nothin' [Playing too many games]
    xCurrently listening: Ayako Ono - [TWO OF US]
    <---

[ HAZUKASHII~!]

{----------------------------------------------------------------------------}
    | Anime List | Youtube Account | Website |

Didn't Serebii just say not to talk about the intro here? And what do you guys do? Geez...

And PokemonScot, homophobic comments won't be tolerated here. Do it again and you'll get a week-long ban.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

spoink is one of my fav pokes now
    9/10
    [IMG]http://i1.*******.com/sgmiwk.jpg[/IMG]

-Banner made by Saffire Persian.
    -I've claimed Jynx in the Bishie thread.

Anyone notice this is another episode where they gave a pokemon a gender? James refered to Spoink as "him" or "he" in the episode.

We never see the captain. Not once. Torkal jumps off the ship into the MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN. Wouldn't that cause the captain to come out of the cabin? It's not like it's a big ship...
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT
    And I squealed(in shock) when they showed the Wailmer on Spoink...how the heck can Spoink balance it on its head without using Psychic?!o_0;
    It does use Psychic (or Confusion) to balance things on its head, even without the pearl it has that power, they're just not as strong. The pearl doesn't give it power, it merely enhances the existing power.

It was a fairly average episode to me, the best part was Grovyle's awesome backflip dodge. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by umbreot
    Clampearl... Why does clampearl look like a a weird, idiotic pokemon before it evolves??
    Have you ever seen what the inside of a clam or oyster shell looks like? Basically its a bunch of muscle that can be used as a "foot" by some kinds. With what they had to work with they couldn't do a lot without making it all dark and mysterious like another Shellder/Cloyster.

At least this episode had me laughing throughout. It was great to see Team Rocket's entire lineup in the episode, the new credits, and the whole thing with spoink. My two cents:

-- The scene where Team Rocket kept trying to get clamperl to open up was ROFLOL hilarious. I liked James having Chimecho try to get it open, Jessie's head swelling in anger, and her breathing fire (Jessie breathing fire never fails to crack me up).
    -- The random chibi moment with Jessie was odd, but it was funny.
    -- Brock dragging Max away, thinking he was clamperl, was hilarious. I forget what other episode he did the same thing in before, though.
    -- I loved spoink putting all the various pokemon on his head. The part where he put wailmer on his head had to be the funniest.
    -- I wish we could have seen spoink again, it was a pretty funny two-time character.

8/10 for me, a strong season opener.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

It was a tad dull to me.

Quote Originally Posted by umbreot
    Would you rather it look like one of these? A slab or two of meat, perhaps with a pearl?

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut
    -- Brock dragging Max away, thinking he was clamperl, was hilarious. I forget what other episode he did the same thing in before, though.
    I Feel Skitty!

Quote Originally Posted by Kthleen

I Feel Skitty!
    Thanks! I was wracking my brains all weekend on that. I appreciate it.

Also, one other thing I liked about the episode is the usual boss fantasy turned around to being a bad thing. Now *that* was a welcome change. I know they'll do that a few more times this season.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    It was a fairly average episode to me, the best part was Grovyle's awesome backflip dodge. ^_^
    Yeah I loved that part too. Grovyle is easily the most athletic Pokemon Ash has ever had.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

WaluigiCubed Guest

This episode was pretty good, and it was a nice start to the 8th season of the series. Torkoal's kind-heartedness almost got him into trouble xD. Also, it was pretty funny to see Spoink put a Wailmer on its head. And the expressions on Team Rocket's faces when they were reading James' attack cards were pretty funny as well. So overall, it was a pretty funny episode.

Okay. Spoink is starting to become a total loser. I'm sorry, Spoink, but come on! It meets Ash and co., and doesn't keep track of its pearl for a few seconds. You'd think due to last time it would've learned a lesson in responsibility but nooooo. (Okay, so maybe I exaggerated a little bit.)

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut
    Also, one other thing I liked about the episode is the usual boss fantasy turned around to being a bad thing. Now *that* was a welcome change. I know they'll do that a few more times this season.
    Yeah, that was a funny part. I also liked the scene where Torkoal jumped into the water and basically ignored the fact that it was a fire type. I don't know which Spoink episode I like better, because I liked the Magikarp Salesman's appearance in the other one.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast