Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Evolutionary War (371)

Default The Evolutionary War (371)

The Evolutionary War!

On the next Island, Ash & Co. meet up with Prof. Birch and learn that on the island, the boys and girls are divided by which evolution of Clamperl they think is best. They meet with a boy and girl who both want to evolve their Clamperls but need help. Ash & Co decide to help them, but Team Rocket have their eyes set on the Gorebyss and Huntail on the island. Can they be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Tate+Liza Guest

They CAN be stopped, just put a stone in their path and they will stop!(Note: Liza is in the washroom, so it is just you and me, Mommy)

Dub Title: Clamperl Up!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Who agrees that this was one of the worst fillers in the whole advanced series? I almost slept during this episode.

vulpix Guest

i agree with ya.

Yeah, this one and the relicanth episode were very weak...-.-
    The most episodes between the 6. and the 7. badge were crappy...even the second groudon VS Kyogre episode...
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

the episode was ok........... wasn't so interesting but it was good to see Clamperl and Gorebyss^^;
    6/10

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

Today's episode wasn't too bad, but it wasn't too good either. Just some random ho-hum filler. And the ABC islands looked nothing like A,B, and C's.

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen of Mana
    Today's episode wasn't too bad, but it wasn't too good either. Just some random ho-hum filler. And the ABC islands looked nothing like A,B, and C's.
    THAT'S because there are "ABC" Islands in real life. Curacao,Aruba and one I forgot(theese Islands were used for oil in WW2) seems cool they named it that.
    Was an ok filler.
    wow this place really dropped off in activity huh.

Xero Guest

The episode was decent, pretty nice filler. I liked how they had Birch return, we haven't seen since Ash won his Balance Badge.

4/5

" So he's professor Birch? Up until now I never even knew his name. Just thought he was some guy who loved Pokemon. "

Not an exact quote but...did anyone besides me find this funny/odd? I mean...Joi's suppose to be running a school, yet she just lets some stranger roam around the children and pool without even asking his name?! What if he was a pedophile? o-o;

Maybe I just think too much though...*sweatdrops*

Either way, not a bad episode. A lot more interesting than what's been happening in Japan, that's for sure. <<
    || The stars rule men, but God rules the stars. ||

OWNER OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE
    Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

It was another standard branched evolution episode. Not that I cared much for the episode, but lots of other stuff I found interesting.

Nurse Joy's new voice actress has greatly improved. She now sounds almost the same as the original. The Trainer Choices have all been very good this season, did 4kids finally hire a guy who knows what he's doing? Let's hope this keeps up the rest of the season. It's also upsetting that a filler like this has excellent animation which they could have used for the second Groudon/Kyorge episode instead.

Another perfect oppurtunity for May to strip into a bikini and she didn't do it. What a wasted opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Another perfect oppurtunity for May to strip into a bikini and she didn't do it. What a wasted opportunity.
    Yes. So true.

Meh episode. Trainer's Choice was too easy, but it was right (thank god). Alright otherwise.

My score: 7/10
    TV.com Score: 9.2/10 (WTF?)
    If you need me for anything, you'd best contact me on Steam or AIM rather than by PM.

Spoiler:- Extra stuff:

I definitely liked this episode better than last week's. It dragged a bit in the middle while they were searching for the evolutionary material, but otherwise the episode was good. It was great to see Professor Birch again, and I love gorebyss. Team Rocket had two great lines in the episode too. I liked when they vowed that they'll get unstuck or they're not Team Rocket, then when they can't get out they said they should probably get new names. LOL I also liked James saying the infamous "Can you hear me now?" at the end. The two kids were interesting too.

7/10 for me.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Would you believe it, this episode bored me so much when it was first released in Japan that I purposely didn't watch it? I tuned in to about a minute of action (when Birch was being introduced) and then flipped the channel. If fans like me can't even get into it, I wonder how 4Kids! fairs in dubbing. Can you say numb brains?

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    The Trainer Choices have all been very good this season, did 4kids finally hire a guy who knows what he's doing?
    Well there's been about 3 so far? We shouldn't jump the gun. And speaking of which, what was this episode's TC?
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

One of the easiest ones ever, which Pokemon is good against Mudkip?

Mudkip, Treecko, or Torchic?

Treecko!

Well hey, they got 3 Trainer choices right in a row! Is that a record?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Well hey, they got 3 Trainer choices right in a row! Is that a record?
    Don't put too much into it...They are bound to screw up really soon...I can feel it!

As for the episode, it was an okay episode. I got to see Gorebyss, so I'm happy! That's one pokemon that should be shown more often!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Actually, this one wreaked of a rehash of the Bellossom/Vileplume episode. Even to the point that the Gorebyss island dweller wanted a Huntail and Huntail island dweller wanted a Gorebyss. Get creative writers.

The Verzion Plug was amusing I guess.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

This episode was ok.

It taught us trading with an item evolves Pokemon.I think.

I rate this 8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    Actually, this one wreaked of a rehash of the Bellossom/Vileplume episode. Even to the point that the Gorebyss island dweller wanted a Huntail and Huntail island dweller wanted a Gorebyss. Get creative writers.
    Holy crap! I forgot that entirely! (possibly because I never liked the Bellossom/Vileplume episode)

...But there's been episodes like this one where it is similar to another episode.

One example A Scare to Remember and Bound for Trouble (well it was IMO)

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

The episode was alright, kind of boring still. "Can you hear me now?" -lol - I mean hell, this reminded me of the Bellossom/Vileplume episode from a while back. Atleast it taught those "children" how to evolve Pokemon - unlike us Teens who are experts at the games. ^_^

7/10 for it being sorta like that Bellossom/Vileplume episode and for being sort of boring...

~Scott

3DS: 1590 4683 0583, Wii:1455 7087 4777 5760, PSN: MidnightScott

I love the Nintendo 3DS, games owned: 17
    Japanese Flare Red 3DS GET! 1891 1352 3198

♣Cianwood Kid♣ Guest

well, i actually loved this episode, i even recorded it on my tivo!, because i wanted to find out my uber cute little kid couples' english names! look at my siggy!
    Keith & Nancy are awesome!
    and i love the fact that birch had no shirt on! he's total hot, look at my siggy again!
    OMG, clamperl...huntail...gorebyss...birch...keith...na ncy...it was great!

Wait.

In the dub,was it just me,or was Ash's voice was deeper when he was using his Corphish?

If it weren't for Awesome TR battles, Prof. Birch involvement, Meowth's Boss Dream making sense and the fact that Nancy & Keith wanted the Pokemon they were supposed to be against, this episode would have been terrible. The "ABC Islands" made no sense and I hope that was just a dub name, either way it was stupid to call them that because those symbols looked nothing like ABC's.

After Grovyle's Bullet Seed didn't work.

Jessie: What you Seed is What you get!

Wow! BEST JOKE EVER! Thats Comedy Gold right there! Thats just what I want more of from 4Kids. [/sarcasm]

Prof. Brich thought that SALT water was delicious? Eeeeew. The only was Salt Water tastes good if its on an apple. Believe me I know what I'm saying.

After finding the Deep Sea Tooth in Cave #2 why did they expect something to happen to the Clampearl, I mean they just had a similar experience just 5 minutes ago.

7/10 for me.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast