Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Evolutionary War (371)

Prof. Brich thought that SALT water was delicious? Eeeeew. The only was Salt Water tastes good if its on an apple. Believe me I know what I'm saying.
    Who said it was salt water? Just because they're on an island doesn't mean fresh water can't exist.
    || The stars rule men, but God rules the stars. ||

OWNER OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE
    Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

Surprisingly people pay through the nose for mineral water. Why don't they drink Michigan Tap water? We got the minerals you could possibly need.

Back on topic. The rocks on the islands were Japanese characters that the island was named after as an inside gag. 4Kids was too lazy to repaint them. So for the first time in YEARS Japanese characters escaped the digital painters to show where this show comes from.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Back on topic. The rocks on the islands were Japanese characters that the island was named after as an inside gag. 4Kids was too lazy to repaint them. So for the first time in YEARS Japanese characters escaped the digital painters to show where this show comes from.
    That wasn't the only thing that escaped 4kids, Midori's name did as well. Not that I'm complaining though...^^;
    || The stars rule men, but God rules the stars. ||

OWNER OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE
    Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

Heh, OK episode. Huntail and Gorebyss are both neat Pokemon. Anyone else get the feeling that we've been seeing too much of Clampearl lately?

And you're right, there really are ABC islands. Now, they're not actually called A, B, and C, that's just what their names start with. I think they're somewhere near Alaska.

This lovely banner was made by Faerie.
    My Devaintart gallery
    Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
    trouble remembering how to fly
    Oh, and I claimed Sora from the Kingdom Hearts games in the bishie thread. ^^

well, at least they explained about item evolution through having to give the item to the pokemon and have them hold it rather then simply comming into contact with it.

but I was kinda dissapointed about how they left out Goreabyss' somewhat gruesome feeding habits...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Oh here's a comment I forgot, I loved Huntail's dubbed voice.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

The Grand Finale Arc begins with Chapter 109.

Ash will capture this thing.
    Mark my words

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    Actually, this one wreaked of a rehash of the Bellossom/Vileplume episode. Even to the point that the Gorebyss island dweller wanted a Huntail and Huntail island dweller wanted a Gorebyss. Get creative writers.
    How is an episode about wild Bellossom and Vileplume warring over territory so similar to an episode about two islands whose people each prize a Pokemon their island is known for? It was similar to other episodes but not that similar to the Bellossom/Vileplume one except in that it concerned research into branched evolution.

The episode got quite boring around the middle but otherwise was fairly good/average. The Kingler mecha has to be one of the best TR mech's EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ[/quote
    This episode was ok.

It taught us trading with an item evolves Pokemon.I think.
    Actually it taught us again that anime Pokemon don't evolve by trading.

Of course, this means that the evolutions of Machamp, Golem and such will probably never be explained since their trade evolutions require no items.

Monetary_Unit Guest

The episode wasn't that bad.

7/10

I liked the episode! 10/10
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Risk Alchemist Guest

i like this epsidoe! WHY? i never knew Pro. Brich was so buff! i mean he rocks at bodybuilding!

~DL~

Yeah. Birch was hot. And here I thought that body was fat. ^_^

Bah, this episode was horrible. All the repeats of scenes... bah. 4/10.

It was okay. Much better than last weeks episode, that one was horrible. I wonder why it took awhile for them to evolve? At first, I thought they were going to trade. Anyways, I'd give it a 7.235754798640148/10.
    -
    My future team (?)

Blaziken
    Weavile
    Gengar/Glaceon
    PorygonZ
    Milotic
    Smeargle

Progress of creation: 0%

Sorry for the delay, but here's my rating even though this time I came to post about a very weird edit in this episode;
    16/20

Basically at the end when Huntail and Gorebyss were fighting Team Rocket, they changed the order of the attacks,

Dub: Confusion;Thunder;Screech
    Original: Confusion;Screech;Thunder

They did this so they could put in a Verizon pun?!

p.s. Huntail Rox!

I liked this episode

I like the fact the UK are getting training wrecks, Gaining Groudon and the Scuttle of legend next week

this ep was a tad boring, and Clamperl is annyoing

3/10
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

This was just a Johto filler masquerading in an eel-skin coat.
    The fact that scenes and explanations were needlessly repeated twice just to accomodate for the branched evolution really didn't help things either.

Have to say that I thought Gorebyss and Huntail's (pointless) dub voices were pretty neat though. And thats a good thing, because its hard to come across a pokémon with a decent dub voice these days...'IMO'

suavesky Guest

they really knew their pokemon's moves even though they came from diffrent islands

Geki Guest

Pretty cool episode, I liked it since Gorebyss appeared, it's one of my favorite water Pokemon. Nonetheless, a decent filler. I'm also glad I saw Birch again!

3/5

i liked this episode. at least it was better than the relicanth epidsode, i almost fell asleep. Gorebyss and Huntail were interesting and i liked how the clamperl evolved at the same time.( yes im amused by small things) 8/10

Actually it taught us again that anime Pokemon don't evolve by trading.
    While there were a couple of trades in the anime, the writers realized that it would be ridiculous to have Pokemon trade-evolve like in the games. Why? Because that would mean having to give your Pokemon to someone, and by doing this, what's they say they wouldn't take the Pokemon and run? The writers came up with an idea that using the Pokemon center teleport system would work like trading(they did this before, with Misty's Poliwhirl).

It makes sense, since the trade center remains in a Pokemon center.

While I admit that they could have had the two kids trade their Pokemon back and forth, the writers probably didn't want to use that(although they said that at the end that people were trading their Pokemon) so they used the shtick that Misty's Poliwhirl went through when it evolved to Politoed.

I did hear about the change of the attacks in the end of the second battle. Not that I am complaining - I'm getting sick and tired of Pikachu zapping Team Rocket until they are blown away with thunder attacks. Of course, I did see the edit a bit now that I heard about it.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

I enjoyed this episode and seeing Prof. Birch again is a nice treat since he is my favorite Prof. It's interesting to see how Clampearl aevole into Hntail and Gorebyss with the Deepsea Tooth and Scale, makes one wonder how Clampearl first evolved into Huntail and Gorebyss since it looks like the Scales and Teeth come from Huntail and Gorebyss themselves, perhaps it has something to do with the minerals in the water.
    Last edited by Battra; 18th December 2006 at 11:00 PM.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

This episode was really boring in my opinion, but at least Birch was in it.

Pretty good episode. The feud seemed rather pointless but made for an interesting plot device.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

the episode was a decent one, i've seen better 7/10.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

it was nice...not my favorite..but worth watching
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This wasn't a bad episode. I liked the way Clamperl's branch evolution was introduced.
    7/10

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast