Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gaining Groudon! (373)

Quote Originally Posted by suavesky
    ash should get a legendary like rayquaza I mean he's met so many on his travels but he dosen't even try to catch any he's an idiot
    If he caught Groudon or Kyogre, the balance of the world would colapse and the Earth would be destoryed. ¬¬ And if he did catch them, it wouldn't be a good show anymore, because he would be trolling to Gym to Gym without a real challenge, and the show would get boring.

Seriously, I'm tired of explaining this to you nooblier-type people. -__-;
    Last edited by Satoshi; 13th October 2005 at 3:26 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Not to mention HOW would he catch them? He can't simply throw a Pokeball at Groudon and expect him to be captured.

And how could he even control them? If he couldn't even control a Charmeleon and a Charizard when he had the chance, he certainly couldn't control these.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

suavesky Guest

if only ash was the one gaining groudon

I don't know if the second part will tarnish this episode, but this one was great.

The dub voices for Maxie and Archie were good, they sounded like I would expect them too. Lance kept his dub voice, and I was surprised to see his Red Gyarados return as well.

For such strong legendary Pokemon, Team Magma/Aqua didn't have much trouble keeping them contained. The concept of a stalemate was interesting, with both sides having the opposing ball for the opposite Pokemon.

Wow, Shelly is a cutie. She looks better without that bandana in her hair. Is it just me, or did it look like Team Magma was getting owned in the entire episode? Kyorge completely blows up their submarine, and then Archie captures both legendary Pokemon.

If it weren't for Team Rocket setting Kyorge free, Team Aqua would have still had the upper hand.

I'm surprised that 4kids actually kept the scene with May, Max and Brock drowning in the ocean. The aftershock of the Hyperbeam could have sent May, Max and Brock to their deaths if Gyarados didn't come to rescue them.

Oh, and possessed Pikachu = Awesome.

Great episode, I hope the second part doesn't ruin this one too much.

Oh...My...God!

This gave me shivers of pain,misery,excitement, and pressure all at once! You thought seeing Naruto's group pass their tests last night was big, this was even bigger! Archie and Maxie sounded evil, and Groudon and Kyogre were obviousally not dubbed (also Mightyena). This was the most thrilling Pokemon episode ever and you know it. Doesn't seem like 4Kids ruined the excitement too much but editing Team Rocket is always good for us.

The whole "Team Rocket tries to get Kyogre" part was very funny, now I can offically say that Team Rocket are great button mashers. "Now you're pushing my buttons!", the only buttons they should be pressing are the self-destruct buttons on their mechas! It was also nice to see Lance again, but did they actually mention the Elite 4 by name in the original? Dogasu will be happy to figure it out right?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Poessed Pikachu rocks!

Next week: part 2 and a big contest, so if you want XD, jot down the attacks they use.

20/20!!!!!!!!!

My mental notes:

--Okay, here we go!
    --"Unbeatable"'s not THAT bad...
    --Is it me or does Brock sound older?
    --"Ash, I think you'd better listen to what they have to say!
    "Why?"
    ::Mightyenas growl::
    Max: THAT'S why!
    --Maxie reminds me of a slightly higher pitched Jafar...
    --Score one for Fierce Deity Pikachu!
    --Can't put my finger on who Archie sounds like...
    --Meanwhile, with Team Rocket...
    --Kyorge sounds more like a lion...
    --Shiny Gyarados to the rescue!
    --Tranier's Choice time...vs. Plusle and Minun you say? That would be Mudkip!
    --Yeah! I was right!
    --So now TR's trying to take Kyorge...
    --Funny how Wobbufett found the right button...
    --Yay! Lance is here!
    --more Fierce Deity Pikachu...
    --Cliffhanger! I can't wait for next Saturday!

As far as Episodes go for 4Kids!, this was fairly standard. But that's good. Good, voices, good dubbing, no mix-ups. The only reason you could honestly hate this episode is if you disliked Archie and Maxie's voices and the (now expected) changing of the music.

Trainer's Choice or whatever its called now was a little less pleasing. They must have it stuck in their heads that Mudkip is Water/Ground because of the attacks its learns and the Pokemon it evolves into. For shame.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Bah. The Trainer's Choice was wrong. Oh well, good things can never last.

Wobbuffet opening the door and then Cacnea PWNing those Team Aqua agents was awesome. Team Rocket in general was awesome this week. And yay, no motto. (I love the motto, but it would of been just silly to do it.)

Possesed Pikachu makes me laugh.

Ugh, do we have to have the narrator? Seriously, he adds absolutely nothing to the show besides telling the "Previously on Pokemon". The ending would of been a whole lot better without the crappy voice going on and on without what we already know. Gah, I hate him. <.<

The music sucked.

Um... why is Lance here? I'd much rather see him come back     Spoiler:

8/10.

The Narrator > Your Very Soul

Infact, all Narrators kick ***.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

You know now that I think about it:

Lance > Steven.

Lance is actually exciting, AND has awesome Pokemon. Steven for that one episode he was in was dull and uninteresting. OH MY NAME IS STEVEN AND I LIKE TO GO INTO CAVES AND STUDY ROCKS! Oh like we care!

Now Lance on the other hand works as a G-man (whatever the hell that is) and actually goes undercover to stop evil-doers around the world.

Lance is like a super hero! Everyone loves superheroes!

LANCE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Steven.

Steven can continue studying his rocks and setting sail on a raft boat in the ocean, Lance is the far more interesting character and was the better choice to bring back for this ep.
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 15th October 2005 at 4:55 PM.

WaterLover315 Guest

omg i just watched it AND THERE WAS A GYARADOS IN IT!!!! OMG IT WAS SO COOL!!! AND IT WAS A SHINY GYARADOS!!!! i love gyarados !!!

WL315

I love this episode! TR thought they could capture Kyogre with a net. LANCE IS SO ****ING HOT IN THAT MAGMA UNIFORM (although he'd look much better without it)!!!! Red Gyarados rocks, as always. Pikachu is going berserk, I like how they did that. TC sucked, no surprise there! They had Brock recognize Red Gyarados, unusual that they did that when they're in Kanto in Japan and.... ARG!!!!

Gaining Groudon = 9/10

This episode was handled nicely.

We got:
    • The return of Lance and Red Gyarados.
    • Good voices for Maxie and Archie.
    • Possessed 'Chu.
    • A stalemate.
    • Ash and Brock actually remembering Lance and Red Gyarados.
    • Possessed 'Chu.
    • TR pulling a Naruto.
    • The Mightyena using Intimidate on Max and May.
    • Did I mention Possessed 'Chu?

The mightyenas looked so scary. 9/10 Not a favorite, but it was not crap.
    [IMG]http://i1.*******.com/sgmiwk.jpg[/IMG]

-Banner made by Saffire Persian.
    -I've claimed Jynx in the Bishie thread.

i'd say the episode was awesome........ everything
    lance, Team Magma and Team Aqua, and everything else
    9/10

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

Another thing: Turn out I HAVE been pronouncing Kyogre right this whole time!

That was the best Advance Battle episode I've seen in a while... I loved it when Lance came back with his Red Gyrados and the evilpika. Team Magma and Aqua were both freakin awsome, and so were Kyogre and Groudon!

Ick. I hate Lance. At least the episode had some Ash x Brock onesided slashy moments. XD
    Artichan's PokePet

Arti the level 1 Articuno!

Arti's F@g-Hags: fanderichie, Fullmetal_Alchemist, lilineko, magnemite, Phantom_Bugsy, taitofan, The Incarnation Pokemon, and twilightespeon, Zino

The Incarnation Pokemon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    You know now that I think about it:

Lance > Steven.

Lance is actually exciting, AND has awesome Pokemon. Steven for that one episode he was in was dull and uninteresting. OH MY NAME IS STEVEN AND I LIKE TO GO INTO CAVES AND STUDY ROCKS! Oh like we care!

Now Lance on the other hand works as a G-man (whatever the hell that is) and actually goes undercover to stop evil-doers around the world.

Lance is like a super hero! Everyone loves superheroes!

LANCE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Steven.

Steven can continue studying his rocks and setting sail on a raft boat in the ocean, Lance is the far more interesting character and was the better choice to bring back for this ep.
    I...beg to differ. SEVERELY. Superheroes = Gary Stus (= male equivalent of Mary Sues, and hopefully you know what a Sue is) = Ash = cliché = awful. Of course, I know you and lots of others like Ash, so...*shrug*

But even assuming that you don't mind the type of character that Lance is, how can you (and all the other people who're like, "OMG LANCE YAY!") possibly be pleased that Lance appeared out of the blue in a region where HE OBVIOUSLY HAS NO BUSINESS BEING?! He's the KANTO/JOHTO region Champion, and THAT'S where his jurisdiction ought to lie as a G-man (which is a real word, it means government agent...and did I mention I hate government agents?). Just because he's popular, apparently the anime folks decide it's okay to have him push his nose into Hoenn and deal with a situation that's NONE OF HIS BUSINESS. This is HOENN. Which has TWO Champions already, without Lance showboating around. Speaking of which, there's another reason you should all be displeased about Lance's redundant appearance in these eps. Even if you're not that into Wallace, you have to admit that given what he does in the games (*cough*Guardian of the Cave of Origin*cough*), and the fact that he is Champion in Emerald (which is what the anime is following), HE should have made his debut in this two-parter. But NOOOOO, we get Mr. Redundant Bubblegum haired Superhero instead. And saddest of all, I don't think Wallace will *ever* show up now. I know you all don't care, but you should. You honestly should.

But then again, we couldn't have expected any better from the anime in which Ash always wins. >_>;;;

In short, folks, I think this ep was awful. But the next one's worse.

I always expected Maxie to sound deeper voice instead of sounding exactly like Hanson.

I also wish he could have gone on a monologue about he was helping the world. His twisted dream of using Groudon for make more farm land and places where people could live.

Ash and Lance annoyed me in this episode. "They're mistreating ancient Pokemon" was a pathetic excuse of a ralleying cry. Please, give them a better arguement than that. I so wish Pokemon wasn't a little kids show because that was just annoying.

Other than that, it was gold. Kyorge tore it up (litterally) and showed what an ancient Pokemon is capable of.

It's too bad this has such a horrible ending in part two.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Yay! Finally an episode this season that doesn't suck!

And more importantly LANCE! I'll be waiting to see Dragonite next week. Although the Trainer Choice got me bummed out. SOC (Same Old Crap)

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

i saw it already, it was great thogh i still hate pikachu and why didnt pika throw the orb to ash or something, jeeze...8/10 score

Quote Originally Posted by The Incarnation Pokemon
    I...beg to differ. SEVERELY. Superheroes = Gary Stus (= male equivalent of Mary Sues, and hopefully you know what a Sue is) = Ash = cliché = awful. Of course, I know you and lots of others like Ash, so...*shrug*

But even assuming that you don't mind the type of character that Lance is, how can you (and all the other people who're like, "OMG LANCE YAY!") possibly be pleased that Lance appeared out of the blue in a region where HE OBVIOUSLY HAS NO BUSINESS BEING?! He's the KANTO/JOHTO region Champion, and THAT'S where his jurisdiction ought to lie as a G-man (which is a real word, it means government agent...and did I mention I hate government agents?). Just because he's popular, apparently the anime folks decide it's okay to have him push his nose into Hoenn and deal with a situation that's NONE OF HIS BUSINESS. This is HOENN. Which has TWO Champions already, without Lance showboating around.
    Lance could very well be the Champion of Hoenn too in the anime, we don't even know if either Steven or Wallace ARE champions of Hoenn. Besides, Lance came to Hoenn because it was up to him to stop Archie/Maxie from sending forth Groudon. If Lance wasn't there, who was going to stop them? He had no idea that Ash was going to show up, and Steven probably has nothing to do with the G-men even though he was the one here in the games. Ah well.

But then again, we couldn't have expected any better from the anime in which Ash always wins. >_>;;;
    Yes, which is why Ash has lost every league he's entered.

In short, folks, I think this ep was awful. But the next one's worse.
    Steven and Wallace could still appear in the show sometime in the future, Lance was a better choice as they showed him do this kind of stuff in Johto. He was there to stop Team Rocket from using the Red Gyarados, and he was here to stop Team Magma/Aqua from taking over the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvair
    It was also nice to see Lance again, but did they actually mention the Elite 4 by name in the original? Dogasu will be happy to figure it out right?
    The Elite 4 were mentioned in the original as well, but the dub neglected to mention that Lance is the CHAMPION of the Elite 4.

And I agree with The Incarnation Pokemon...Wataru's appearance in this two-parter makes absolutely NO sense.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast