Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gaining Groudon! (373)

I concern here. Steven and Wallace were so connected to the Groudon/Kyorge story in the games. Yet they were nowhere to be seen in this story and were replaced with Lance. Again, don't the writers bother to play the games a little to understand the basic plot?

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

I bet the reason why they didn't use Steven in this plot is because he doesn't have a pokemon that can swim... but then again, Wallace does and he doesn't even appear in the anime at all :\
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Now that I thought about it, this would have made more sense if Steven or even Wallace appeared instead of Lance (I would of loved to have that). But I guess it's alright, I like Lance too.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Saw the ep.

The good stuff:
    ~Archie's and Maxie's voice.
    ~Posessed Pika.
    ~Lance,and whatnot.
    ~I guess that's it,I have to remember more,and crap,I just watched it,I should've remembered it all.
    The bad:
    ~Mudkip is good againt Plusle and Minun?! WTF

Mudkip is good againt Plusle and Minun?! WTF
    Probably just to get us in the spirit for next weeks episode in Japan.

If you remember your types, Mudkip is part Ground, so of course it would beat Plusle and Minun

Mudkip is only water = /. It doesn't turn part ground till it evolves.
    Anyways I really enjoyed this episode. It was probably the best Pokemon episode I've seen in a while. Only problem for me was the lazy dialogue going around to explain why the teams wanted to possess these Legendaries. It hardly went into detail about any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingRuby
    If you remember your types, Mudkip is part Ground, so of course it would beat Plusle and Minun
    like the above poster said, Mudki doesn't gain it's ground typeness till it becomes a marshtomp....... then again if you can amke that mistake I know why 4kids made it...... they are dummer then you!

UK should be getting this ep, and part 2 next week if toonami stay to the plan....

be back here next tuesday
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

This eposide was interesting. I give it a 9/10.Maxie's voice was just freaky.

Great dub, good animation...that's basically all I want to say, because all my other views have already been stated several times.

Why didn't Maxie keep his Wishmaker voice? There's nothing wrong with the new one, but...

I wish Groudon had gotten some action in the well animated-portion of the saga. All we see of him is with the crappy animation.

Oh, and did 4Kids change anything in the scene with Shelly knocking out the two Magma guards? They usually cover up punches and the likes.

Cheers!
    ~Bulby
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Finally, I've been waiting for this episode forever. Pardon my absence in the past few episode reviews (namely, the first Pokemon Advanced Battle ones).

Okay, voices. I imagined the leaders to sound somewhat like that. I noticed that Maxie sounded almost exactly like Hanson, too, but it's a pretty good voice. I can tell 4Kids were trying to make them sound special, Archie and Maxie, and that's good. And it's obvious Sean Schemmel played Archie (good thing it wasn't that deep Yami Yugi voice... that would have been terrible). Sean did Archie well, with the rough-raspiness and everything. The only problem I had with his voice was that Sean gave it that same big-oafiness that he seems to give every dub character he has except Goku. O_o Whatever, it's a unique voice, and I like it.

Okay, voices aside, now. I agree it might have been better to have the anime a little closer to the games and have the long-forgotten Steven come back with Wallace (who I thought was a really cool guy in the games). Don't get me wrong, I love seeing Lance again, but they could have put him somewhere else. Or why not have all three of them here together? XD

Anyway, Team Aqua has always been my favorite of the two teams, so it amused me how Team Aqua dominated the episode. Kaiogre destroyed everything! Cool. Strange, though, how it was so easy to capture the Pokemon. And how about telling us how and where they got the legendary Pokemon in the first place, eh? Harland (or Tabitha, bleah, still has that female name) and Shelly were looking for them before. Remember? "G-signals" and "K-signals". Meh.

I liked seeing all the old characters again, like Team Aqua and Magma and Lance, his red Gyaradoes, everyone. And evil Pikachu's on the loose! Well, I hope the end of this two-parter isn't as bad as some people are saying. I'll rate this episode a... should I rate it 8 or 9? I guess 8/10 will do. ^^

Okay. I'm sorry to the fans, but this episode was not as good as I thought it would be. Sure, I'm glad I didn't miss it, as Team Magma and Aqua are my favorite *coughfakecough* villans, but some of the things in the episode were just inexcusably horrid.

Cons:
    First of all, there were the voice actors for teh Matsubusa and Aogiri. Matsubusa's voice was horridly nasal and hard to listen to for thirty minutes, and Aogiri sounded too much like Yami Yugi. Okay, so it was Yami's voice actor, but they still could have done better.

And then there was the leaders' actions. I'll start my rant on with Matsubusa. Satoshi-dan (translation: Team Ash) was sitting on a comfy couch with Mightyenas surrounding them while Matsubusa sat at his desk and revealed his entire frickin' plan to them. Not to mention the Blue Orb was right on Matsubusa's desk where Satoshi-dan could reach it. Sure, the Mightyenas were ugly and all, but Satoshi has that despicable 00ber Pikachu that could have whooped them in three seconds flat, allowing Satoshi to take the Orb. It's happened before, neh? *shot for using Battleschool slang*

And Aogiri? Ugh...He just stood in front of Matsubusa, blabbering his head off for no apparent reason. And he practically waved the Red Orb right under Matsubusa's nose. What kind of villan is he to do that? Sure, he was able to capture Homura and some meaningless grunt, but he insulted (well, I'd harldy call it an insult *cough*) Matsubusa about sending them in to get Groudon when he did the same with Izumi. The wacko hypocrite. And, to top it all off...Was Izumi flirting with him?! O__________O;;;

Now to rant about Ash. As usual, he was intimidated by the dumb ol' Mightyenas and was acting as his usual, reckless self even though his friends were in danger. Well, not really, but they made it seem like they were in danger. *cough* Remember when Pikachu was possessed by the Blue Orb and was going crazy inside that storage container? Ash hugged Pikachu and said "You're gonna be okay!" How does he know Pikachu's going to be okay?! Normally his being naive is amusing, but in this episode it was just unneccesary. TOTALLY unneccesary.

Pros:
    I'll start off this pitifully short list with the scene where Izumi was trying to steal Kyogre. No, Izumi didn't get in by trying to fight them with t3h ugly Carvanna or any of that crud. She knocked them out cold with her bare fists. That's the most awesome thing I think I've ever seen in this show: uncut, non-Pokemon-induced violence from someone in Team Magma or Aqua. Aqua in this case, of course. So they have one one-third evil person on the show, but 'tis enough for me. I practically jumped off my couch when I saw that. Spread da luff. <3

Secondly and lastly, I thought it was a nice twist for the writers to posess Pikachu. I had expected it to be something more along the lines of the video games, but this is actually pretty good. Hmm, maybe the writers actually do have some sense in their heads...

So, that finalizes my rants. Tune in next time for my comments about Kyogre vs. Groudon Part II! *refuses to say the dub name*

Oh, wait. One last thing:
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Pokemon Master
    "G-signals" and "K-signals". Meh.
    Don't remind me. Please. ;__;

You scare me. Aogiri and Matsubusa, but no Magma-Dan and Aqua-Dan? Choose something and stick with it!

Also, Archie was voice by none other than Goku himself.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    You scare me. Aogiri and Matsubusa, but no Magma-Dan and Aqua-Dan? Choose something and stick with it!
    *with an air of injured innocence* It's just a habit to say Team Aqua and Team Magma. I just use the Japanese names of the characters whose Japanese names I know. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Pokemon Master
    Strange, though, how it was so easy to capture the Pokemon. And how about telling us how and where they got the legendary Pokemon in the first place, eh? Harland (or Tabitha, bleah, still has that female name) and Shelly were looking for them before. Remember? "G-signals" and "K-signals". Meh.
    It seems the creatures were dormant, hence why once found they could be easily captured (the games pokedex entries say that after a fierce battle Kyogre and Groudon retreated deep within the earth and went dormant). That they were unconscious to start with is shown in how easily Kyogre breaks its restraints once it wakes up.

Well, I hope the end of this two-parter isn't as bad as some people are saying. I'll rate this episode a... should I rate it 8 or 9? I guess 8/10 will do. ^^
    I don't think it is so bad, it just had worse animation compared to this episode and a lot of fans wanted something more epic, even though the games have a similarly short ending to the whole Magma/Aqua ordeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerie
    And then there was the leaders' actions. I'll start my rant on with Matsubusa. Satoshi-dan (translation: Team Ash) was sitting on a comfy couch with Mightyenas surrounding them while Matsubusa sat at his desk and revealed his entire frickin' plan to them. Not to mention the Blue Orb was right on Matsubusa's desk where Satoshi-dan could reach it. Sure, the Mightyenas were ugly and all, but Satoshi has that despicable 00ber Pikachu that could have whooped them in three seconds flat, allowing Satoshi to take the Orb. It's happened before, neh? *shot for using Battleschool slang*
    Matsubusa/Maxie wanted to convince the group his actions were righteous, so of course he told them everything. Magma is an extremist group and extremist groups love to tell others their philosophy. Plus, at the time, he knew there was no where they could run even if they tried to grab the orb. Then of course their ship started to get Hyper Beamed.

And Aogiri? Ugh...He just stood in front of Matsubusa, blabbering his head off for no apparent reason. And he practically waved the Red Orb right under Matsubusa's nose. What kind of villan is he to do that?
    Maxie doesn't seem all that quick. Besides he had his bodyguards all around him, there would have been no point in rushing for the orb.

Now to rant about Ash. As usual, he was intimidated by the dumb ol' Mightyenas and was acting as his usual, reckless self even though his friends were in danger. Well, not really, but they made it seem like they were in danger.
    Ash didn't seem all that intimidated by Mightyena, the others were.

*cough* Remember when Pikachu was possessed by the Blue Orb and was going crazy inside that storage container? Ash hugged Pikachu and said "You're gonna be okay!" How does he know Pikachu's going to be okay?! Normally his being naive is amusing, but in this episode it was just unneccesary. TOTALLY unneccesary.
    How on earth could anyone find this upsetting? Pikachu was in a lot of trauma, he had to reassure it and himself. Telling a person in trouble they will be okay is a perfectly normal thing to do. There wouldn't be much reason for someone hurt to try to survive if everyone around them is telling them they'll die. It need not even be a promise, just a hope to give. It seemed a perfectly realistic thing for him to say, and hardly naive.

It was pretty good. Best one since a long time. I liked Archie and Maxie's voices and Kyogre and Groundon were cool too. I would rather have Steven or Wallace in it instead of Lance, but he's still okay. Igive this ep a 9.05/10
    -
    My future team (?)

Blaziken
    Weavile
    Gengar/Glaceon
    PorygonZ
    Milotic
    Smeargle

Progress of creation: 0%

Copied from BMGf, which was compied from my LJ. Lazyness 8D

You know the drill. Typed as I watched.

-Maxie sounds...not like I was expecting. At least I don't think I've heard his voice before.
    -Use ancient Pokemon to do "bad stuff"? @_@
    -Wow, Maxie's voice works. :O
    -Remind me again why a GUY is named Tabitha? I thought that was a girl's name...
    -At least they didn't make Kyogre say its name instead of roaring. :P
    -Is it just me, or is Lance's voice different? (It WAS just me :P)
    -And now Pikachu's possesed by the orb. Thus begins one of the worst plot devices in Pokemon...
    -Archie doesn't sound like a pirate? GASP!
    -Lance remembers Ash. Of course.
    -The Mightyena attacked Ash...Team Magma actually seems threatening! O:
    -Mudkip is best against Plusle and Minun? WTF?
    -TEAM ROCKET! 8D Too bad they won't really DO anything...
    -RED GYARADOS!!! 8D
    -OMG! The characters have memories now! :O
    -Not that I mind "ancient" Pokemon, but I want to hear "legendary" at least once :x
    -It's 00ber Pikachu! ...er, 00ber-00ber Pikachu.
    -Bonded with the orb? Eh... ("Bonded with the orb" doesn't sound very cool D8 What's wrong with "fused" or something like that?)
    -Diguising themselves as a wall? TR are ninjas! XD
    -Oh wait, JJ&M were the ones who released Kyogre. Forgot that...
    -This two-parter LOOKS like it'll be amazing. I know better than that.
    -Of COURSE KWB is pimping out the next ep. Why wouldn't they when it's a "major" event? -_-

Am I the only one who hates possessed Pikachu with a passion? It's so...out of place. And it only serves to make the rat important in an arc where it really shouldn't be. I didn't mind Lance too much - it's nice to see old characters come back, and it proves that the memebers of the main case DO have memories! 8D
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Proffesor Pikachu Guest

They showed it today at 2:00pm.Seeing Pikachu zap Ash again makes me think of the 1st episode of Pokemon.The episode when Ash gets his starter Pikachu,I mean.

Geki Guest

Really cool episode, I enjoyed it a lot, but I still think the second half is better. Maxie and Archie's dub voice's were good, and at least Lance kept the same one. But wasn't that Tabitha guy from Team Magma named Harley? I thought they called him it in the secret base episode... Posessed Pikachu is awesome, I enjoyed seeing that. Trainer's Choice was wrong like usual, but the little stuck up nOOb kids won't know the difference. I give it

5/5
    Last edited by Geki; 17th October 2005 at 2:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geki
    Really cool episode, I enjoyed it a lot, but I still think the second half is better. Maxie and Archie's dub voice's were good, and at least Lance kept the same one. But wasn't that Tabitha guy from Team Magma named Harley?
    Harland. Tabitha used to be called Harland and Shelly used to be called Isabelle. That's because rather than going off of the in-game names, 4Kids! instead used English names that were closely tied to their Japanese names (something they often do with most other characters).

Some prefer the old ones. Some are the glad the actual names in use. I'm just happy that they decided to stick with one set, even if Tabitha is pretty uncommon for a man's name.
    V | Faction

Proffesor Pikachu Guest

EVIL 4KIDS!!!They destroyed a lot of animes.

Wait, hold up. Put it into Reverse. Back it up.

Where did you pull that crud from? It better have not been my post. And evil? 4Kids! is about as evil as your momma's casserole.
    V | Faction

Well.

I liked that Maxie and Archie had unique voices. I thought they were o.k, but as BPM said, Sean Schemmel's Archie voice sounded sort of like a big mindless lug.

Like a lot of people said, it would have been cooler and made more sense if Steven and Wallace were there.

This episode seemed sort of rushed, and the Pikachu fusing with the orb did seem sort of out place.

4Kids certainly didn't "destroy" Pokemon.

8/10

Go Team Magma!
    Yeah!

Hey, this was a pretty good episode. Kyogre is so cool! ^o^ Lance is awesome. I never realized before how cool he is. *overuse of the word "cool"* Glad we got to see Red Gyrados. And personally, I'm glad that they gave the Admins their game names. (even if Tabitha is a weird name for a guy) And I'm also glad they didn't use the "Rose and Indigo orbs" junk. It just doesn't sound right.

9/10. Can't wait for the next part. (I really do say that a lot.)

This lovely banner was made by Faerie.
    My Devaintart gallery
    Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
    trouble remembering how to fly
    Oh, and I claimed Sora from the Kingdom Hearts games in the bishie thread. ^^

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast