Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Scuffle of Legends! (374)

Man, I just want them to air it. Being in Australia, we have to wait AGES for the english version to come out...I downloaded the Japanese Version, and its great, but its not the same...

So when the American one does come out, I'll be waiting. (evil grin)

-
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/5bxx86.png[/IMG]
    they see me rollin'
    they hatin'

I'm not gonna read the summaries because I don't want to spoil the episode, but it does sound really interesting. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine
    Update: Due to suggestive content, I suggest that this episode and the one before will probably be delayed due to Hurricane Katrina. Do you think this will be the case?
    WTF? "Suggestive content?" That sounds wrong, but I'm assuming you mean violence. No, I don't think it should be delayed. :x That would be evil.

Oh wow if that actually does happen, that would have meant I wasted all those weeks waiting for it. I want to also hear the voice of Archie.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerie
    I'm not gonna read the summaries because I don't want to spoil the episode, but it does sound really interesting. :3WTF? "Suggestive content?" That sounds wrong, but I'm assuming you mean violence. No, I don't think it should be delayed. :x That would be evil.
    eehhh actually,I read the summaries,and I still waiting patiently for when the f****** cartoon network air the episode...(here,cartoon network have pokemon,it´s better anyway,though)

They've made a contest out of this farce. Name the 00ber attacks that comes flying out of Groundon and Kyogre's pie holes and win Pokemon XD and Trading Cards. I think my intellegence was just insulted.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Hmm. I've looked at the pictures of this episode, and was thrown off by everyone's ignorant 'WTF' expressions. Expecially Izumi, who looked more like someone out of a Shakespearian play when Aogiri became possessed. >__>
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    They've made a contest out of this farce. Name the 00ber attacks that comes flying out of Groundon and Kyogre's pie holes and win Pokemon XD and Trading Cards. I think my intellegence was just insulted.
    Me too. ;__;

So you guys saw it? What were the dub voices for Maxie and Archie like? What did Kyogre and Groudon sound like? I've seen the jap version, but I'd like to hear about this one.

-
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/5bxx86.png[/IMG]
    they see me rollin'
    they hatin'

One question...

Spoiler:

You just answered your question. They disappeared.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Narrator: ..after witnessing one of the fierciest battles of all time, our heros etc..."

That one had me laughing.

This episode was just as bad a year after watching it the first time in japanese. 4Kids tried to spice it up using all their old 'dramatic' movie music heard in Mewtwo Strikes back and the like, but I honestly didn't feel it helped things that much.

And my god, I never realised how little animation was used during the ep. Every couple of seconds after a character moves, it would switch to about 4 or 5 still shots of an attack being launched, or characters just standing there. Even when they were actually moving it was still laughable.
    Also, I swear at one point Ash's fist was larger than his head *nods*

Is it just me, or was that Lugia's Theme playing at the end of the episode. This wasn't too bad, and I did actually enjoy this and its predecessor. The Legendaries were portryed as extremely strong, neutral Pokémon that can be turned evil in the wrong hands. I especially liked the part about Groudon asking Pikachu for help, it was a great show for these two Legendaries, and they wern't shafted in my opinion.

Hunter
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

I saw it yesturday, trainer's choice cut out again....

Groudon is fat!

I hate the fact that groudon was trying to help Ash and co. Groudon should have just wanted to kill kyogre.....

Maxie didn't even raise his voice when he found out who Lance was........ Maxie is to nice!

8/10
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

the episode was kewl........ i liked Groudon and Kyogre's battle...... Lance was a good help...... as well as Ash and the gang..... i'd say the episode is 8.5/10

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

Overall, this episode was fine. It could have been so much better, but that didn't make it bad, necessarily.

Still shot attacks were overused here, especially with Kyogre. Groudon's Solarbeam animation was the same the entire time, I think.

The voices, though, were great. Maxie's voice, though a bit nasal, was good, Archie's was great, and Kyogre and Groudon were decent.

Lance definitely looks cooler in AG Animation.

I doubt Groudon actually cared for them. More like, it cared for the island, because a) it was land in the sea Kyogre controlled and b) it lived there. Wish they'd elaborated on that.

Pikachu looked great(didn't see Gaining Groudon). And seeing Walreina nd Mightyena again was cool.

Overall rating:
    8.6 out of 10
    Could be better, could be worse, IMO. But when it comes to massive events like this, could be better is something you shouldn't be able to think ._.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

What in tarnation did James say. "I didn't think it would be nice taking it from behind!" HA.

I can't think of what the unnamed attacks were. Looked like Surf from Kyorge and Slash from Groudon, but I'm not positive. And you've got to love the Mud Shot from a legendary Pokemon. It looked like a stream of ****. Oh wow, could Groudon have learn Poot attack!?

I wanted more actual fighting. This DEFINITELY should've been a 3-parter, as we agreed on all the way back in it was first shown.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Wow, that is the only word I can use to talk about this arc, wow!!! This episode had it all, even unfortunatly still pictures, not very much animated stuff in this episode. The techno music they pulled during the first half was good...but the rest was...

Now, the storyline was good, but why did you use Lance?! This could have been the perfect situation for Wallace! Does anyone agree...do you do you do you?

After all that, the arc was still enjoyable, but I'd rather have more shivers watching the world premiere of the Barboach episode then this!

Pass X3

Overall Arc Rating:
    Pass X5

Attacks used for Contest:
    Hydro Pump
    Hyper Beam
    Mud Shot

If you win XD, thank me for the info if you weren't paying attention!

This was a fairly decent conclusion, but you know what this reminds me of?

The movies.

This 2 parter ended like almost all the movies do. The legendary Pokemon depart, and whoever the main villain of the movie was realize that they were wrong in trying to control the Pokemon.

In movie 1 Mewtwo realizes he was wrong and leaves. In Movie 2, Lawrence III realizes he was wrong as the 4 legendary birds leave. In movie 6 Butler realizes he made a fake Groudon that went out of control. In movie 7 Deoxys and Rayquaza battle was misunderstood as Deoxys was only searching for it's other Deoxys friend.

So really, if you watched any of the Pokemon movies, you would know what to expect from this episode.

Granted I really DID wish they made a movie out of this, as movie animation would look excellent with the attacks Groudon and Kyorge were making.

All in all it was a good episode. Kyorge and Groudon's powers were revealed just like the ones in the game, where Kyorge is suppossed to flood the world and Groudon is suppossed to dry up the sea and make new land.

This is also one of the few episodes where the main characters lives were really in danger. When the group was standing on the cliff as Kyorge launced a tsunami, even Brock said that if they were to higher ground it would be pointless. They could have been killed, and it's sort of bad timing with all the natural disasters happening in the real world at this time.

Also Archie/Kyorge probably would have attacked May, Max, and Brock on Gyarados had they not been distracted by Groudon.

My only gripe about these episodes is we really don't get to see what happens to Team Magma and Aqua. They see that they were unable to control the legendary Pokemon, but we're not quite sure where they go or what they do. I guess we have to believe they disband themselves like in the games?

I liked this episode, and this 2 parter as a whole, it's not nearly as bad as everyone made it sound. It just has the same kind of ending as the movies have, with the legends departing and with no real villain at the end. This is just the first time we've seen this type of ending in the series, as all the other legendary battles happen in the movies instead.
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 22nd October 2005 at 3:44 PM.

What was that attack that Groudon used when it smacked the water to hit Kyogre? Was that a Slash or possibly an Ancient Power?(PLEASE ANSWER!!!!!)

RaichuMaster Guest

I liked todays episode. It's only once in a long while that I get to see a new episode of Pokemon (I usually work on Saturday), and I'm glad that the one episode I get to see is the culmination to the Aqua/Magma conflict, which we've been building up to for a long time.

The still-frames that were used when pokemon attacked were somewhat annoying, but easy enough to ignore. I guess they were aiming for some sort of dramatic effect, but I would've preferred to see the attacks fully animated. Also, Kyogre and Groudon looked disproportionate, but that's nothing that hasn't already been said in the last couple pages.

Still, I liked these episodes. Despite their numerous flaws, these episodes may be on par with a couple of the movies, if only for the fact that the action was faster in these episodes. The ending to this episode was somewhat anti-climactic, considering the magnitude of what was taking place, but it's fitting nevertheless.

If this is how Pokemon Advance Battle starts out, I may feel inclined to see more episodes.
    Last edited by RaichuMaster; 22nd October 2005 at 3:57 PM.

Well I can see why people hated this episode, what with the unclonclusive ending, but one can assume that Magma & Aqua saw the error of their ways and just went on to have peaceful lives... man, that DOES suck! It would be better if they Archie & Maxie apologized to each other and to Ash's group, then annoucing the Teams have disbanded.

But this episode had its good points:

• Entertaining commentary from Team Rocket.
    • How long was Beautifly cooped up in its Pokéball thanks to Skitty and Bulbasaur?

But only two reasons, sheesh. X_x 8/10

Next episode: It's Still Rocket Roll To Me!

This should have been a movie, or at least a three part episode, with Rayquaza.

Part 1:
    Groudon & Kyogre awaken
    Start Fighting

Part 2:
    Groudon & Kyogre fight
    Group learns of Rayquaza ability to stop G&K

Part 3:
    Rayquaza awakens
    Rayquaza stops Groudon & Kyogre

See, isn't that better?
    Badges:

As a dedicated and passionate pupil of Marine Biology and Oceanography I am THOROGHLY dissapointed in how they painted Kyogre as the bad pokemon and Groudon as the good one.

The whole theme behind these episodes is the BALANCE of nature, how can they possibly support that by showing favoritism towards the terrestrial pokemon?

I liked 'Gaining Groudon' better . . .

*mumbles explitives under breath*

My Quote of the Week:

"The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants."
    ~ Johnny Depp

Credits: Mewtwo Banner; Me, Trainer Card; Rainbow★Latias, Doombuggies TagLink; Doombuggies.com

That was an awesome episode. I recorded it as I always do with the new episodes. I liked The Animation for this episode. I also liked Possessed Archie, Possessed Pikachu and Groudon vs. Kyogre.

Ash, Shelly, Lance and Maxie were great in this episode also. Overall I thought both episodes were great but this part was the best, IMO.

I hope Team Magma and Team Aqua come back. Both Teams are awesome, IMO.

10/10 for this episode.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that they brought back the Crayon thing on Meowth's plan! Nice to see something reused from the endless Johto season!

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard2007
    I liked The Animation for this episode.
    WHAT animation?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast