Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Scuffle of Legends! (374)

Anyone else notice Ash called Pikachu a "he" in this episode?
    They usually try to avoid that. oo';

Anyway, I liked this episode alright, though you can tell the ending was slapped together at the last second.

I'm kind of split on this episode. Things just don't add up for me (let's leave it as that). One good thing I can say about this episode is that I got to see one of my favorite pokemon (Dragonite).

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by Corvair
    Attacks used for Contest:
    Hydro Pump
    Hyper Beam
    Mud Shot

If you win XD, thank me for the info if you weren't paying attention!
    You forgot Solar beam! XD
    Last edited by shining-Celebi; 22nd October 2005 at 4:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CM
    Anyone else notice Ash called Pikachu a "he" in this episode?
    They did? That's pretty nice. I mean I'm sure 95% of people who watch the anime have always considered Pikachu to be male anyway, but it's nice to see 4kids say something, even if it is obvious.

No one really needs to guess the attacks b/c once again we have Max fill his only role by saying 'Groudon used mud shot' and 'that's a hydro pump'.
    [IMG]http://i1.*******.com/sgmiwk.jpg[/IMG]

-Banner made by Saffire Persian.
    -I've claimed Jynx in the Bishie thread.

this episode turn out alot better then people were saying... though it would have been better if it was made into a movie rather then just a 2-parter...

I guess the 2nd movie music was okay... :\

I also liked how Archie went mad with power, you don't usually see that often in pokemon...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Masato's and Haruka's (More importantly Haruka...) eyes were quite noticable in some parts.

Monetary_Unit Guest

I liked this episode
    better than some previous ones...

If they had gotten the Trainer Choice wrong I would have laughed for a while

This was a great episode. I don't like it that they favoured one beast over another, but at least it was my favorite!

During the part where the Orbs were being destroyed, I loved the "Lugia's Song" from Movie 2 as the background music.

I give it 9/10.

Hey, this was a cool episode. It satisfied me, and wasn't as horrible as everyone said it was. I liked it. 9/10. It could have been better, but it was good. I don't like how they seemed to make Kyogre the bad guy here. ;_; Then again, it would have drowned them all. But it's not like it's Kyogre's fault. Archie was controlling it. LOL at the crayon drawings when Meowth was talking. That was funny.
    Some parts of this episode vaguely reminded me of something on a certain other show, but that's beside the point.
    Pikachu looked cool, I guess. I'm still freaked out by the whole thing with the Orbs, though. You know, I never noticed this before, but Lance is kinda hot. ^^
    Enough of that. So yeah, this was a good episode. (I'm sure someone came up with a shipping between Shelly and Archie. Some people always are on the watch for potential shippings.) I do wish Rayquaza had made an appearence. But then again, Emerald wasn't out yet when this was shown. Or was it? I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Silver Ryu; 22nd October 2005 at 6:49 PM.

This lovely banner was made by Faerie.
    My Devaintart gallery
    Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
    trouble remembering how to fly
    Oh, and I claimed Sora from the Kingdom Hearts games in the bishie thread. ^^

This episode was okay, but they should've made the two-parter an arc. --;

The episode was good in general, and 4kids actually managed to keep Archie insane like in the original. LOL But here are the my two cents:

• It should've been more like in the games, where the Red Orb actually corrupts Kyogre and Archie loses control of it.
    • The episode should've took after Satoshi-tachi gets the Mossdeep badge, that would've been, a great chance to take the gang to Sootopolis with something to do there, other than beating the Gym Leader and leaving.
    --;

Although all of that, this was still a pretty good episode, I give it a 6/10.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

E-S-P-E-O-N Guest

I think that they could have done so much more with the fighting scenes. For me it was rather kind of boring. Just my opinion though.

The Incarnation Pokemon Guest

Four reasons why this arc was lousy:
    No Rayquaza.
    No Sky Pillar.
    No Cave of Origin.
    And worst of all...No Wallace.

Odd thing is, I heard that the CoO was mentioned in some previous ep, but was it EVER mentioned in this arc? Dun think so...Maybe I just missed it?

And I guess the anime folks didn't want to shatter the image of their perfect cliché superhero as a Dragon Master by having Wallace come in with Rayquaza. Pity, as that would've been so much more thrilling than "OMG DRAGONITE HYPER BEAM!11!!" (Plus, we might have gotten a chance to see a Milotic use its powers in a truly dangerous situation. Even the Sootopolis Gym Battle wouldn't have compared, since fending off a Pikachu =/= fending off a Legendary.)

And personally, I don't believe any of that crap Lance is spouting about coming to Hoenn to stop TM and TA. This ep proved that he obviously came to Hoenn to stalk Ash. Yes, of course Ash would like a ride back to shore on your Dragonite...two feet away from you in midair with nowhere to run... *rolls eyes*

E-S-P-E-O-N Guest

And personally, I don't believe any of that crap Lance is spouting about coming to Hoenn to stop TM and TA. This ep proved that he obviously came to Hoenn to stalk Ash. Yes, of course Ash would like a ride back to shore on your Dragonite...two feet away from you in midair with nowhere to run... *rolls eyes*
    LoL that's really funny!

Yes, the artwork and animation was lousy. But I can't help but really like this episode. Not only does it feature the tag team of two of my favorite Pokémon(Pikachu and Groudon); most of the BGM was either really good for 4Kids, or they kept it from the original(which I watched last year). The dub also had a better place to go to commercial, as we wonder if Pikachu's alright(the Japanese version went to the eyecatches just as Groudon appeared, and they had to replay the scene over). Trainer's Choice was fine, as well as damn easy. Absolutely loved Archie's acting after he fused with the Red Orb(maniacal laughing was top notch), and Maxie's wasn't too bad either(I like him better...shut up-_-; ). Overall, 9.5/10.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

This episode was good and bad at the same time.

First of all, they shouldn't have one-sided the battle, making Groudon and Maxie seem like heroes while Kyogre and Archie were the villians. Second, the possessed Pikachu thing was cool and all, but I think that was just to make the two-parter more interesting. There really wasn't a need for Pikachu to be in that situation. And I thought the red orb controlled Groudon while the blue one did Kyogre. Also, I thing the drawing was at its worst in the scene when Max first noticed the tidal wave, and it would've been better if Lance didn't come. This should've occured after Ash and May got all their badges and ribbons, and it should've been longer. Plus, it should've affected all of Hoenn, not just that area.

On the bright side, at least there was a Groudon VS Kyogre battle, and at least some of it was cool. It's not really surprising to me that one Pokemon didn't beat the other, because that would really one-side the story, which would one-side the Ruby and Sapphire games, as well.

(Compares the size of the pros paragraph to the size of the cons paragraph, which really shows something...)
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

If only there were many other people,such as Wallace,Steven and maybe even Rayquaza not to mention some Team Rocket going on,that'd be interesting.

Proffesor Pikachu Guest

I watched it today.It was good.Pikachu's gone nuts.Sometimes the signal's gone cockoo.But it was better once you changed the channel.

I can safely say some parts of this episode were already screwed up as it is, so I'm going to try to mainly point out what 4kids did to the episode instead (based on what my sister said, since I didn't catch it this morning):

: Harlan is still called Tabitha.... WTF.

: Ash's stupid comment of, "Why are those orbs dancing?"

: Archie sounds like even more of a maniac than in the original...

: Instead of saying "Pikachu's run out of energy," they say "Pikachu's falling!" Feh. Pretty silly to say something that's already happening. D:

Original's score: 7.0/10

4kids dub score: 6.0/10

Why: 4kids screwed up an already screwed up ep, so that makes it 2X more screwed up. X__x
    xNodame is my Bishoujo! MUKYA! >:3
    xCurrently playing: MinDeaD BlooD (PC), Dairantou Smash Bros. X (Wii), No More Heroes (Wii) [Lots of stuff]
    xCurrently watching: Nothin' [Playing too many games]
    xCurrently listening: Ayako Ono - [TWO OF US]
    <---

[ HAZUKASHII~!]

{----------------------------------------------------------------------------}
    | Anime List | Youtube Account | Website |

Quote Originally Posted by zonic the hedgehog
    : Harlan is still called Tabitha.... WTF.
    That's because Tabitha is his name from the games. Nintendo or someone must have told 4kids their mistake so they changed it to Tabitha after his first appeareance.

: Ash's stupid comment of, "Why are those orbs dancing?"
    Ever hear of the dancing lights? It makes sense as it's a real phenomenon.

: Archie sounds like even more of a maniac than in the original...
    That's bad? He was possessed you know.

This wasn't as bad as many said it was. It may have been rather rushed, but that's generally the only problem.

All of this 'island hopping' led to this amazing ending, and next week we finally get to see them get to their destination.

I don't really have anything else to say about this. 8/10.

This episode was pretty good. Kyogre's attacks(surf, hyper beam, hydro pump) were awesome and so were Groudon's(solar beam, mud shot, ancient power). I give this episode a 10/10.Also, I'm a big fan of legendaries.

it was a good episode, but the ending was rushed -_-
    [IMG]http://i15.*******.com/2qlg3v8.jpg[/IMG]

Despite what some people said, this episode was better than I thought it would be. I do have a few gripes, but only a few. The animation was great and reminded me of that of the movies, and the plot was good. The music was what really got me, though: the song they played parts of was called The Legend Comes to Life and it was used at the very end of Pokemon 2000. IMO, it's the best song in Pokemon, and I was so happy they used it. ^__^

I'll post more later. :x

Brocksketchum Guest

There were so many still frames in this episode I swear I could use them for a manga!

I can see flaws too such as no Team Magma or Team Aqua visible break-up or no Steven or Wallace (sp?) but I usually don't like to talk about that.

Team Rocket's fantasy scene is great with crayons. It even had Cacnea! Do I sense a parallel or luck?

I loved Archie's manical laughter. The voice actor must really enjoyed doing that. If he didn't... *shakes fist*

On the bias of the writers' favor towards Groundon, I'm reminded of this paraphrase from someone:

"Why should one side win if neither one is any better?" Sure it doesn't really fit well but for that instant the scientist (in another episode) favored one side.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast