Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Scuffle of Legends! (374)

Well, seeing as I favor Team Aqua, I was quite glad to see that they dominated Team Magma in each episode. And Groudon got, like... fifteen minutes of action at the end? Kyogre was destroying everything everywhere it went in the whole two-parter. ^^

And it was strange how Groudon was suddenly a good guy. Pfft. It should have been in some sort of a rage, trying to destroy everything, like Kyogre was. I guess it's 'cause Archie was sort of controlling Kyogre. Anyway, it was nice at the end.

BTW, did anybody else think it was strange/cool how possessed Pikachu made this sort of a skydive for Groudon? Then it was on Groudon like some sort of a king, lol. Pikachu beats the best, and it beasts all the rest. I'm gonna use that quote in my signature someday.

Quote Originally Posted by MJC CartoGuy
    And I thought the red orb controlled Groudon while the blue one did Kyogre.
    No, that they got right.

This ep needed Rayquaza. Badly.

And I still say Possessed Pikachu is freaking stupid...
    Diamond Team:

This episode did NOT need Rayquaza, people. That would have made it worse. What it needed was a third part to extend Kyogre vs. Groudon, and give the two teams closure. We didn't even see Maxie after his talk with Lance.

Speaking of Lance, I believe his talk about Groudon defending them and asking Pikachu for help was BS. It was simply fighting Kyogre because the two of them are natural born fighters, and Kyogre was rampaging on its territory.

Something just struck me about one week late - They actually referred to the orbs as Red and Blue instead of Rose and Indigo. Thank God.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

The Incarnation Pokemon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Suikun
    Speaking of Lance, I believe his talk about Groudon defending them and asking Pikachu for help was BS. It was simply fighting Kyogre because the two of them are natural born fighters, and Kyogre was rampaging on its territory.
    I wonder if he said that in the original? If so, then heh, at least it shows that he really doesn't know crap about the legends of a region to which he's a total stranger. Otherwise it shows that the dub made him even stupider and more annoying than he already was in this mini-arc.     Spoiler:

Geki Guest

I watched the episode at PRA yesterday, they actually showed it on the big screen!! It made me feel like Kyogre and Groudon were fighting right next to me, it was so damn loud. Anyway, I liked the episode to be honest with you. I think I'm going to like Advanced Battle, it offers so much.

4/5

I didn't get a chance to see the episode, what was the trainer's choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic Angel
    I didn't get a chance to see the episode, what was the trainer's choice?
    What is the final form of Totodile? And 4kids got it right with Feraligatr.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Granted I really DID wish they made a movie out of this, as movie animation would look excellent with the attacks Groudon and Kyorge were making.
    I dunno, I think if they made this into a movie people would complain that it ripped too much off of the 5th movie. Speaking of which...

So does this episode suggest (in the anime at least) that Groudon's Solar Beam attack is as powerful as Latios' Luster Purge? And most of us know what happened to Latios when he tried to do the same thing....

Also, is it true that the original version of this episode used the music from the 5th movie?
    Latias aways gets a little carried away when it involves love - or perhaps that would better describe Ash in this situation! ^_^

AltoShipping is Pikachu-approved! ^_^

Latios and Latias Fans - unite!!

Now *this* was an exciting episode. The Groudon and Kyogre two-parter turned out to be more incredibly exciting than their screen captures made them out to be. Archie was more interesting in this episode, and the showoff between him with Kyogre and Pikachu with Groudon was incredible. Lance was also great in this episode. It's too bad Team Rocket didn't have a bigger role in the two-parter, but at least the great action more than made up for it.

Overall, 10/10.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

I just saw the episode today and wow that was nice. I really don't see what was bad about it other than there should have been more parts to it. 2 Parts were just not enough. But still, everything was nice and had me excited.

I really liked it when Groudon shot a Solarbeam at Kyogre and it made him fly back. I felt sorry for Team Magma, they just kept getting hit and stuff. Maxie is a pretty cool guy.

My thoughts are mainly that it was pretty good, my biggest criticism being the poor animation. If they had to have a bad animation team do one of the parts it should have been the second instead of the other way around, compare the way Kyogre moves and looks in part one to part two and you'll see huge differences.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Commander Blizzard*~
    I doubt Groudon actually cared for them. More like, it cared for the island, because a) it was land in the sea Kyogre controlled and b) it lived there. Wish they'd elaborated on that.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    I wouldn't say that, in the previous episode Maxie explained that in the ancient past Groudon had raised up more land to ease human suffering. Obviously humans are not its only concern but they do matter to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon-Lass_150
    As a dedicated and passionate pupil of Marine Biology and Oceanography I am THOROGHLY dissapointed in how they painted Kyogre as the bad pokemon and Groudon as the good one.

The whole theme behind these episodes is the BALANCE of nature, how can they possibly support that by showing favoritism towards the terrestrial pokemon?
    How did they show favoritism? I don't get it.

Lance made it clear that Archie's destructive intentions had tainted the orb (which is inclined to do that because it was made by evil people) and in turn tainted Kyogre and Archie himself. They never said Kyogre was bad, only that it and Archie needed to be freed of the orb's influence. Heck they even had Kyogre go out of its way to save Ash and Pikachu, surely you noticed that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    My only gripe about these episodes is we really don't get to see what happens to Team Magma and Aqua. They see that they were unable to control the legendary Pokemon, but we're not quite sure where they go or what they do. I guess we have to believe they disband themselves like in the games?
    Agreed, but at least it will be addressed in a future episode, so its not totally left out.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer
    What was that attack that Groudon used when it smacked the water to hit Kyogre? Was that a Slash or possibly an Ancient Power?(PLEASE ANSWER!!!!!)
    It was never named, but compared to the moves we've seen in the anime and the moves that Groudon learns, I'd say it was Fissure. Look at how Ash's Tauros uses Fissure in the Orange League and how it looks when going through water and you'll see it is pretty much the same just smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Suicune
    Actually, them fighting only occurs when the balance is disrupted. After all land and sea must exist in some state of balance, not constantly warring against one another. As stated earlier, Groudon had protected humans in the past, and given that people are a part of its world it would still want to that. Kyogre also showed it cares for humanity, in saving Ash and Pikachu.

I think its quite fitting that Groudon was not mindlessly fighting. It sensed that Kyogre and Archie had become possessed by the orb. Realizing the same thing would happen to it and the great destruction that would ensue, it took the opportunity to possess Pikachu when Pikachu grabbed it. Since Pikachu had no destructive or power-hungry intentions it was not consumed by the orb the way Archie was. Instead it fulfilled Groudon's desire to be awakened and keep the orb from Team Magma.

Groudon had a definate plan. Free Kyogre of the orb, restore the balance and destroy the orbs so they could never be used again. It helped that Pikachu was an Electric type so it could give Groudon an edge in the battle. Contrary to what some seem to think, Kyogre and Groudon are not enemies. They are opposing forces, but both are interested in the maintaining of life in their realms.

Unlike Aqua and Magma, they did not see land or sea as better than the other, but saw that they both needed protection. So Groudon acts to free Kyogre and Kyogre rescues the land dwelling human and pokemon who risked themselves to help restore the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by AscendingLatios
    So does this episode suggest (in the anime at least) that Groudon's Solar Beam attack is as powerful as Latios' Luster Purge? And most of us know what happened to Latios when he tried to do the same thing....
    What? It was never said that Latios was using Luster Purge, after all Latias was using the same move and it can't learn Luster Purge. And Latios only died from the effort most likely because it had already been so badly injured and weakened by the machine earlier.

But I would certainly say that Groudon's attacks are stronger than those of a minor Legendary like Latios ("minor" in the sense that Latios plays no large role in maintaining life on Earth). Even in the games Solar Beam's power is far higher than Luster Purge's.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    What is the final form of Totodile? And 4kids got it right with Feraligatr.
    They should have made Croconaw one of the choices. It would have made things a bit harder. Of course, for most viewers it would still be unbearably easy, but...

One thing I forgot to mention about this episode. At one point, someone told Archie to let go of the red orb or something, and he replied with, "Not on your life!!" Well, didn't that strike anyone as slightly mature to be on this show? I mean, concerning what the censors would usually frown upon? He's talking about life here! I'm not complaining, but I just wanted to make a point on that. Sorry if I missed someone else mentioning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    What? It was never said that Latios was using Luster Purge, after all Latias was using the same move and it can't learn Luster Purge. And Latios only died from the effort most likely because it had already been so badly injured and weakened by the machine earlier.
    *coughmistballcough*

This lovely banner was made by Faerie.
    My Devaintart gallery
    Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
    trouble remembering how to fly
    Oh, and I claimed Sora from the Kingdom Hearts games in the bishie thread. ^^

I missed this episode last week because I had to take the ACT Test. I should've taped this, because I wanted to see it, even though you all said that it had lousy animation (which I really don't pay attention too, anyway).
    Listen, I probably won't be coming here much anymore. I don't know, but I seemed to have lost interest in these forums. Sorry. :/

|Backloggery|

animation was bad (like stated above) but it was a decent episode. 8.5/10

Haven't read this whole thread so this might have been mentioned, but I heard Lugia's Song from Pokemon the Movie 2000 at several points in the dub version. That's some of my favorite music from the anime, so I'm not complaining. :-)

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Before watching the dub i always kinda thought of groudon being the main threat and maxie being some menical threat but he understood that they couldnt control the legendary pokemon and archie didnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    I wouldn't say that, in the previous episode Maxie explained that in the ancient past Groudon had raised up more land to ease human suffering. Obviously humans are not its only concern but they do matter to it.
    Well, I wouldn't know that, because I missed the other Episode. Thanks for clearing it up, though.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

That was a huge battle! Pikachu goes CRAZY! Archie goes CRAZY!

H0-0H Guest

Dunno if it has been posted, but in UK, on Sky, Toonami, The Scuffle of Legends was actually shown. So you might wanna update the episode guide!

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune Guest

I havent seen the episode, but I heard it over the phone.
    I liked the first one better.
    This episode would've been better if Maxie got posessed as well
    (just like the manga)

This epsidoe would've been better if was more than just one episode. Groudon vs Kyogre should've been at least 4 episodes, and preceded by a larger number of Aqua/Magma episodes to build up to it.

This was one of my favorite episodes of Advanced Battle. It should've been more longer than two parts, but it was still good. I thought that both Groudon and Kyogre were destructive, but how they said "Groudon used the blue orb to ask Pikachu for help".... Pikachu didn't seem like he was his good self after the orb went into him, but he wasn't as bad as Archie was with the red orb, for all he cared about was controlling Kyogre. The music from the Lugia movie was pretty good with the part with the orbs shattering. And the battle between the two legendaries was pretty good. Like I said, it could've been longer than two parts, probably one more part should've been done, Rayquaza would've been great here, and Wallace instead of Lance appearing in this episode would have been great as well. I give this episode 9.5/10.
    Last edited by Opal Pikachu13; 20th April 2006 at 2:48 PM.

Well I thought this episode was really good, best I've seen in a long time (excluding the 8th Movie). I think, yeah, Rayquaza would have been cool too, as it is in the opening sequence. Imagine a free for all with all the legendaries...never gonna happen, but still good to think about.
    As for the music, I'm choosing to believe that Lugia's Guardian Song was playing near the end, because I think it's an amazing song.

Do the Robot!

This episode was so cool. probly one of the coolest episodes of coolest episodes.
    Most Recent Shiny:
    Aron (499 Eggs)
    Current Shiny Targets:
    Riolu (300 Eggs)

Michael/Ryuuto of Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness is my bishie for I am the #1 Michael/Ryuuto fangirl! <3

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast