Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Solid As A Solrock (376)

Blaziken master Guest

This is a pretty good one.I loved the music when they got charged up by the thunder attack

Just a few more hours until it comes on here...::waves 'GO ASH!' flag::

lol less than an hour and a half

Okay, screw Deus Ex Machina wins, Movie 6 [oh snapzors I meant 5th] Music FOR THE ULTIMATE WIN.

A much more satisfying episode, once you see it in person.
    Last edited by V Faction; 5th November 2005 at 6:44 PM.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

XD, TR's opera was hilarious. Best part of the epi, IMO.

Ash won way too quickly, IMO. He only tried two or three combos and then beat them. If TR hadn't shown up(taboo subject ._.), then we'd would've had a nice long battle with the two sides formulating new strategies. Oh well.

The animation was really good in this episode, I thought.

The win seemed rather cheap to me. I understand how the thunder helped them win the battle, but I don't know how they absorbed the thunder in the first place. Just unrealistic to me.

LOL Pikaponed. I always wondered where that picture of it blasted into the rock came from XD

TR actually did quite well in this episode, which I liked. I do wish they'd saved it for a different episode, though, because this episode definitely needed more focus on the battle itself.

Overall rating:
    7.8 out of 10
    Decent, but when it's an all-important Gym Battle, decent just doesn't cut it, I'm afraid.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Here's my review of "Solid as a Solrock!"...these are mental notes of mine I kept while I watched:

--Here we go!
    --Oh, I'm unbeatable!
    --I can do without the "Newvember' jingle, thanks...
    --'Bout time...
    --The arena looks beautiful!
    --Liza reminds me of Sailor Moon, and Tate of Sonic!
    --Now Ash knows how I feel...
    --Heads up, Pikachu!
    --Pika-pancake!
    --Meanwhile, with Team Rocket...
    --Chibi Giovanni's cute...
    --Team Rocket can't sing...
    --There's no way I'll remember the mecha's name!
    --Hurry, Ash!
    --Good going, Ash!
    --See ya, Team Rocket!
    --Trainer's Choice time...Not a pure Fighting type? Blaziken, since it's part Fire.
    --Can we please stop the Newvember jingle???
    --Yeah, I was right! Blaziken sounds weird...
    --Go Ash! ::waves flag::
    --Golden Pikachu and Swellow! Neat!
    --Kickin' butt!
    --Yay! Ash won!
    --Yeah, I got the Mind Badge!
    --The end...can't wait for next week!

OK... that was weird.

The Good:
    • TR's motto was the best motto variation in a while. Hit the high note, James!
    • Meowth fantasy also had its musical upbringings.
    • Trainer's choice seems to be on a winning streak. (Question: Which Pokémon is not pure Fighting: Mahkuhita, Machamp, or Blaziken? TC's answer: Blaziken.)
    • Yay Double Battle!
    • ASH is paralized! He may not be able to hug his POKéMON!

The Bad:
    • Almost half the episode was wasted on beating TR.
    • It never explianed HOW Swellow & Pikachu could absorb Thunder to become even more uber.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Shuckle
    what is on tommorow? Barboach ep or Drake ep? we will never know... (until tommorow)
    Seeing as the Barboach episode is now banned worldwide, no.

Next Episode in the US (and UK) : Vanity Affair!
    Last edited by Chosen of Mana; 5th November 2005 at 3:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingRuby
    --Yeah, I was right! Blaziken sounds weird...
    You fool! You foolish fool! Blaziken is the epitome of cool-sounding-ness.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

OH SNAP!PIKAPOWNED WINS THIS EPISODE,about time that rat gets to feel what TR does in every episode :0.Full Golden Pokemon. Episode rating: 9/10 hello rushed
    win!
    wow this place really dropped off in activity huh.

Geki Guest

It was an awesome gym battle, one of my favorites in Hoenn. Swellow and Pikachu worked together great, and so did Solrock and Lunatone.

5/5

IMO, this episode was pretty good. The part with Pikachu and Swellow turning gold was awesome! Just a little question, but couldn't Ash's Swellow use Steel Wing against Lunatone+Solrock? Afterall, any pokemon with wings could know steel wing.

Maybe because it doesn't know Steel Wing? -_-

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I've said it before and I will say it again, I'm not a big fan of gym battles (not for the last few years atleast). But this is another acception! I actually liked this episode and I liked seeing another gym battle being a double battle. It was worth sitting through Coconut Fred singing "NEWvember" over and over *wants to throw the TV out the window*

Speaking of singing, I was happy to hear Jessie and James singing in this episode. And more importantly, their singing voices don't suck. Not like Brock in Lights Camerupt Action!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Everything about this episode screamed AG quality. Excellent animation, great battle scenes, and even TR was funny this time around!

The Giovanni daydream this time was hilarious, and TR's giant robot was actually a real threat for once. TR also had a lot of funny dialouge in this episode, Jessie/James singing, Meowth's extra long name for the robot, and Jessie's "You are so fired!" to Meowth.

I really liked those planets in the Gym, very surreal. This is why I love AG Ash, he thinks of much better strategies than he ever did back in the old series.

Swellow is definitely a tank, able to resist multiple Ice and Solarbeams and even Thunder! The Pikachu/Swellow powerup with electric armor was definitely not a cop out like some people were whining when this episode aired in Japan, it was a very cool twist and something that is entirely plausible.

Great animation, excellent battles scenes, Team Rocket actually being funny, great strategy from Ash (Loved how he said, "This 7th badge is mine!" in a mature voice), and even the Traincers Choice was very good in this episode.

One of the best Gym battles of Hoenn.

The planets were 3D.

Eh,still watching the ep. so I'll tell you about it later.

it was a really stupid episode, because when they turned gold thats just cheating!!

It's not really cheating. Ash didn't use some outside force to win the battle.

He simply used nature to give protective armor to Swellow and Pikachu.

In the anime you're allowed to use ANYTHING in the battle field to your advantage. Ash simply use electricity. There is no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen of Mana
    Next Episode in the US (and UK) : Vanity Affair!
    Wrong. The UK are past that. We got the Claydol eppy last.

BTW, what were the planets for again?
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

OMG TR was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Hm, finally saw this episode and I now understand the "Golden Pokémon" thing. It wasn't really a powerup of any sort. They simply had an aura of electricity flowing around the two which ended up having an added effect to their attacks (hence the explosions caused from Aerial Ace and Iron Tail). Because of the electricity flowing with the attacks, it had a more harmful effect on Lunatone and Solrock.

Think of it like this. You take an iron rod and beat a piece of wood with it. Then heat up the rod with fire then hit the wood again. It's gonna be more destructive against the wood cause not only is it hitting the wood, but also burning it. Same case can be said here only replace fire with electricity. >_>

Thank you for explaining it better! God knows Brock didn't come through this time around...

Its a great strategy, I'll give Ash that. But I can't help but kinda agree with those who said its cheap. I guess its a good thing the writers decided to give Swellow an insanely high Special Defense and Hit Points. lol
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

Watched the whole ep now.

O.M.G.

Golden Pika/Swellow attacking,was badass.

And the music was great! (especially during the Golden Swellow part)

And 4kids got Trainer's choice right =O

Just saying, I'm surprised that 4Kids let Emovanni into the fantasy. Seems rather pessimistic, and prime material for one of 4Kids' stupid, unnecessary edits. Oh well, pleasant surprise there.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

This episode was great until this message popped up on my TV:

"A MANDATORY STATION TEST IS IN EFFECT FROM 9:20 AM UNTIL 9:40 AM. PLEASE TURN TO CHANNEL 8 FOR DETAILS"
    *flips to Channel 8*
    *gets same message*

Ya know, you could have at least apologized for any inconvenience, *******s. I saw up to the part where Swellow got supercharged, and dang, that thing can take a lot of abuse. TR's mecha wasn't half-assed this time, either, although the battle interruption brought back my one detested aspect about Kanto.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Coconut Fred was the main reason they invented the MUTE button...

Back on topic: With Team Rocket singing and all, I was halfway expecting them to sing the motto to the tune of "Largo al Factorum"...

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingRuby
    Coconut Fred was the main reason they invented the MUTE button...
    Totally agreed. That was so annoying. Anyway...

...And THAT'S why you don't buy mechas off the Internet! XD This was a pretty good episode. Nothing extra-special, though. Why do Team Rocket have to interupt gym battles! -_-;; It's really pointless.

For some reason, the Pika&Swellow thing had me thinking Super Sonic. 0_o

Hey FlamingRuby, I've tried the mental notes thing for the reviews, I've just never actually posted them. (I write comments on Post-Its)

And has anyone else noticed that the Mind Badge looks a lot like the Soul Badge?
    Last edited by Silver Ryu; 5th November 2005 at 7:23 PM.

This lovely banner was made by Faerie.
    My Devaintart gallery
    Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
    trouble remembering how to fly
    Oh, and I claimed Sora from the Kingdom Hearts games in the bishie thread. ^^

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast