Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Family That Battles Together, Stays Together! (005)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter
    Give the dub credit for that then. That was exactly what was interpreted in the the English version. Just a shame he said only Onix would help teach him, as oppose to Crobat and Geodude whose appearances were edited out. Although that might just be a time cut from Toonami itself, DVD comes out in a couple of days, we'll find our answer then.
    I don't think Toonami even bother checking over their shows, considering they let scenes of a nude Gohan slip onto TV, let alone editing them for time cuts. The only occurance of time cuts that come to mind are the eyecatches for the main series and chronicles, and thats pretty much it. Sometimes they'll clip off the end of a show by accident or air a commercial break too early, but I doubt thats for time related reasons.

Though, I'd like to be proven wrong~

Just watched it.

"It's a Smeegol."
    "Run Frodo run!"

"Go, Man Teen!"
    "I'm a woman."

Seriously though, they should've kept the "Here's my Pokemon, I'm just taking Forretress to Hoenn, you have the rest." bit. The less informed fans will be going "Where's Crobat and Geodude?" "Why didn't he leave the others behind if he's leaving for a fresh start?" etc.

...o_o

Wow, Mizoho really IS hot. *_* I mean, she looked cute from the pictures, but you really have to see her in action before you realise how god damn FLAMINGLY HOT AND CUTE she is. *gnaws* I love the way her mouth is like a 'w', like those catgirl pictures you see on the Net. ^___^ Totally adorable. And the way she moves and acts~ *gnaws even more*

Oh, and yeah, rest of the episode was cool, and...

...*_* Mizoho hentai, please. :0

I swear the animators made Takeshi's mother so attractive to torment people with the thought that she is indeed Takeshi's mother. I mean yes, on the one hand, she is incredibly frikken cute, but on the other hand... she's his mom, which is a bit disturbing. >.>;
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    IIRC, Takeshi AND Brock say he left them all but Forretress behind at home when he makes his appearance in AG.

Problem is..WHY did they find it necessary to cut it out? I'd say this is about as bad as the Raikou special, except this isn't exactly three episodes long.

And I'm starting to think Dogasu may be onto something about the One Piece group possibly being in charge.

Oh yeah, and IIRC, if Eric Stuart was Flint's original VA, didn't he use a very deep and monotone version of his Seto Kaiba voice? o_O; Cause if so, he could've easily done it again. Then again, I can't be too sure since it's been ages since I saw the dub.
    Eric hasn't done a good dub of Kaiba since episode ten. -.-

I tell ya, Eric probaly spends most his time singing in his band, and when he comes to work at 4Kids is probaly too tired and irratated to do a reasonable job.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    I love the way her mouth is like a 'w', like those catgirl pictures you see on the Net. ^___^ Totally adorable. And the way she moves and acts~ *gnaws even more*
    You mean, kinda like this, right?

[IMG135]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Gravyyy/Mizuho_cute.gif[/IMG135]

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    I swear the animators made Takeshi's mother so attractive to torment people with the thought that she is indeed Takeshi's mother. I mean yes, on the one hand, she is incredibly frikken cute, but on the other hand... she's his mom, which is a bit disturbing. >.>;
    I dunno, the fact that she's a mom doesn't really phase me at all to be perfectly honest XP Though thinking about it, I rarely tend to see anyone commenting on any of the other mothers in the show, like Delia or Caroline...

You kidding me? There's a ton of comments about Delia!
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    You mean, kinda like this, right?

[IMG135]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Gravyyy/Mizuho_cute.gif[/IMG135]
    ...o_o

Yes, that's exactly what I mean! *___* She's like an adorable obsessed fangirl. *squishes*

I dunno, the fact that she's a mom doesn't really phase me at all to be perfectly honest XP Though thinking about it, I rarely tend to see anyone commenting on any of the other mothers in the show, like Delia or Caroline...
    Doesn't phase me out either. :3

Delia is pretty hot herself, and both she and Mizuho pwn Caroline, who I don't find attractive at all. >_> She's just... too old looking. On the other hand, both Delia and Mizuho look pretty young, and fresh, and... :0

Well now that I think of it, I suppose since she's just a fictional character anyway, the fact that she has like... 10 kids doesn't really matter all that much. :P
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    And I'm starting to think Dogasu may be onto something about the One Piece group possibly being in charge.
    Well, according in a post on the Bulbagarden forums made by Murgatroyd, "The Legend of Thunder Part 3" had Barton Bishop and Alan Kingsberg listed as doing the adaptation, while the translation was handled by Kaz Sano.

In the One Piece episode that aired this past Saturday night on Toonami, Paul Taylor (who is pretty much the translator 4Kids uses on everything, including the regular Pokemon TV series) was listed as the translator.

So no, 4Kids isn't using the same people. They're just using a bunch of new people who don't know what the heck they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse the GS II
    Evidently, it's far enough away from the original episodes to make "Pokémon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back" look like a minor rewrite. I've heard that they use digital paint edits in almost every episode and the writing is awful.
    Yes.

The episode that was created from the Bellemere two-parter (episodes 35 and 36) probably had more edits in it than every episode of Pokemon combined.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

So...Dogasu, do you think you could post the known contact information on your site so that more people can voice their opinions directly to 4Kids and get those people fired?
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

It would probably be better form to have everyone send their e-mails to one of us and then have it forwarded it to them. I have no problems putting a big thing on my site's front page encouraging people to send in their letters or putting some sort of message in all my message board sigs.

BTW Dogasu, not a update for a while on your site. Well, keeping constant updates for 29 days is awesome, so I'm not gonna try to sound like a jerk when I am wondering why their hasn't been a update in a while.

"Barton Bishop and Alan Kingsberg listed as doing the adaptation, while the translation was handled by Kaz Sano."

Who usually does the adaption and translation for Pokemon Advanced Challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    You kidding me? There's a ton of comments about Delia!
    ...really? o_o I've personally never seen anything mentioned about Delia outside of her supposed relationship with Oak. Even something along the lines of 'oh, she's pretty cute' seems to be pretty difficult to come across. I guess I'm just not looking in the right places~

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Delia is pretty hot herself, and both she and Mizuho pwn Caroline, who I don't find attractive at all. >_> She's just... too old looking. On the other hand, both Delia and Mizuho look pretty young, and fresh, and... :0
    I think the main problem with Caroline is the clothing she wears. Compared to the other two characters, her clothes have a pretty drab color scheme, and they're really not much to look at either. And there's her hair too I guess...

Dogasu, will you be making any new sections on your site regarding the chronicles series, and the edits that have been involved? I'm sure you are probably intending to do so when you have enough time on your hands, I was just curious as all~

Especially considering you will have a pretty interesting Edit List too, Dogasu.

BTW, I heard Brock said this is the third time he as been back to Pewter.....

Hmmm, anyone wanna bet the dubbers totally forgot that this was the "family crisis" Brock went to solve at the end of Johto.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    Who usually does the adaption and translation for Pokemon Advanced Challenge?
    Adaptation by: Kathy Borland and Carter Cathcart
    Translations by: Paul Taylor

Dogasu, will you be making any new sections on your site regarding the chronicles series, and the edits that have been involved? I'm sure you are probably intending to do so when you have enough time on your hands, I was just curious as all~
    I'm not positive but i'm pretty sure Murg or one of the translators on the forum give a list of the edits in this forum.

I do plan to write up a full comparison of the special, hopefully sometime within the next week or so.

pokeee Guest

Was there English names for Brocks mother and Brother?????

Quote Originally Posted by pokeee
    Was there English names for Brocks mother and Brother?????
    You want to know?????

...>_>

Lola and Forest.

[IMG135]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BlackjackGabbiani/whateverlolawantsicon.png[/IMG135]

You consider...it's quite fitting.

I found a mistaken in this ep:

Onix's Dig affacted Lola's Mantine, but it can't affect.
    But there's lots of mistakemns like this one in the anime...

Sig killed by Hydrohs, please read the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by vaporeon89
    I found a mistaken in this ep:

Onix's Dig affacted Lola's Mantine, but it can't affect.
    But there's lots of mistakemns like this one in the anime...
    Onix is a freakin' 30 foot roaring rock monster. Of course its going to be able to hit a flying pokémon if its using dig in an enclosed area. Its hardly a mistake, its just them being a little more realistic about things. It would have looked stupid if it didn't hit...

Wink

Onix is a freakin' 30 foot roaring rock monster. Of course its going to be able to hit a flying pokémon if its using dig in an enclosed area. Its hardly a mistake, its just them being a little more realistic about things. It would have looked stupid if it didn't hit...
    You have a point. It would've looked stupid if it hadn't hit

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

They Show brock giving his pokemon in episode picture 9-10 on it serebii Brock Saving pewer gym

http://www.serebii.net/anime/picture...n/S4ps10.shtml

http://www.serebii.net/anime/picture...n/S4ps10.shtml

just to clear thing up brock want to be a breeder not a gym leader and give the privilege to jiroo.
    Last edited by Gym Leader Jasmine; 19th February 2006 at 3:48 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast