Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Family That Battles Together, Stays Together! (005)

Default A Family That Battles Together, Stays Together! (005)

A Family That Battles Together, Stays Together

Returning Home after his Journey through Johto, Brock discovers that things at the gym have changed. His mother is trying to turn it into a Water Gym and its up to Brock to stop it with his Rock Pokémon. Can he do this?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Shiny May Guest

I thought this was also a good special. Nice how Flint let Misuho get away with the fact that she turned a rock gym into a water gym. The battle between Flint and Misuho was also very easy for Misuho to win because Flint didn't want to loose from her and she knew that !!
    Good to see that Brock battled her and saved the gym and let the gym in the hands of his little brother Jiroo. Too bad he gave away his pokemon but they are some good pokemon for Jiroo to defend the gym!
    Last edited by Shiny May; 25th October 2004 at 9:02 PM.

Factory Head Noland Guest

I had this episode but only watched the start (can't remember why...).
    I never will understand why he gave Jiroo his Crobat because it's a Rock type Gym.

Crystal Latios Guest

Hmmm.... I still can`t belive, that girl is Brock`s Mother. She looks pretty young.
    Also, she is cool. I mean, she is not so mature like a Lady only very...hmm.... you know, girlish

Brock had a nice fight with her. I liked it^^

Shiny May Guest

I never really understood it but is Misuho Brock's actual mother ?! Because he was kinda shocked when he saw her in the living room.

And why Brock gave Crobat to Jiroo ? I don't know exactly, probably just to defend it and to use it when necessary.

Gigi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny May
    I never really understood it but is Misuho Brock's actual mother ?! Because he was kinda shocked when he saw her in the living room.
    Heck, Id be shocked if I saw some stranger in my living room too. :P

Cute episode. Misuho is just full of energy, isn't she? n.n() Heehee.

I have this episode availible on download, but because the quality's so good, my PC's too slow to run it properly, it seems to take like 2 minutes to play the first freakin 20 seconds of it.

Yes, she is his actual mother.

No, Jirou is not in charge of the gym (yet).

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    Yes, she is his actual mother.
    But i thought his real mother died, and she was just a stepmother...
    xNodame is my Bishoujo! MUKYA! >:3
    xCurrently playing: MinDeaD BlooD (PC), Dairantou Smash Bros. X (Wii), No More Heroes (Wii) [Lots of stuff]
    xCurrently watching: Nothin' [Playing too many games]
    xCurrently listening: Ayako Ono - [TWO OF US]
    <---

[ HAZUKASHII~!]

{----------------------------------------------------------------------------}
    | Anime List | Youtube Account | Website |

Dub change. In the English episode, they said she died. However, the corresponding line in the original Japanese says that she left home.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Maybe that's why it wasn't dubbed, would affect the continuity in the dub if Brock's mother came back from the dead
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    Dub change. In the English episode, they said she died. However, the corresponding line in the original Japanese says that she left home.
    Why can't they just translate what was said in the original? I know matching the mouth-flaps can be difficult for any writer, but please follow the storyline! Jeez!

Two things to note with this special.

Is that Romi Paku's voice doing Jirou's voice? o_O I detect a hint of Edward Elric and Ken Ichijouji in his voice.

And anyone who's seen this special notice how SMALL Onix has gotten? Before it used to nearly reach the roof of the gym. Now when it's on the rock, it barely touches the roof. o_o
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Ororo Munroe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zonic the hedgehog
    But i thought his real mother died, and she was just a stepmother.
    She's his real mother. What's worse than the dub calling her dead is that I've seen on many sites that she's supposedly Brock's and all his sibling's mom but that they all have different dads. That makes no sense since they all look like Flint. Anybody know what started people thinking Brock and his siblings all had different dads?

carnahan Guest

Where can I download this episode ??

I just have to say that this is probably the first time in awhile that the dub title is longer than the original Japanese title. Usually, the Japanese title is much longer. Anyone else notice this?

I wonder if Flint's lie about her dying will ever be called into question. On the surface it makes more sense for him to have said so, simply because it took blame away from her as to why she wasn't there, and he'd want to cover for her...and something tells me that Brock has no idea what he's been saying.

Least if I was writing for the dub, I'd have something in there about that. Odds are better that they just forget Flint even said such a thing.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    Maybe that's why it wasn't dubbed, would affect the continuity in the dub if Brock's mother came back from the dead
    nope they've dubbed it

I want to see this!

and the never actually said 'she died' did they? remember Flint lied to Ash when he first arrived in pewter city

and yes this is he only Dub title that is longer than an actual jap title
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Flint said "Brock's mother passed away" in that episode.

I'm willing to bet that 4kids will ignore that line altogether now, they don't seem to care about continuity anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    Flint said "Brock's mother passed away" in that episode.

I'm willing to bet that 4kids will ignore that line altogether now, they don't seem to care about continuity anymore.
    I know I just saw that it goes

"His good for nothing Farther left the family to become a Pokemon Trainer, the family never heard from him again. And his mother tried to keep it together but sadly she passed away."

So I bet 4kids will muck it up. Like the Seviper thing.

well Flint lied to Ash alot

they'll prob change it to his step mother or summit
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by ShucklemasterJ
    well Flint lied to Ash alot

they'll prob change it to his step mother or summit
    30% in my opinion that 4Kids will have Brock's 'passed-away' mother as a step-mother or Flint's new girlfriend... Who knows... it's been a long time...

Wouldn't be shocked to learn if 4Kids made a mistake... and saw the episode where it said Brock's mother passed away and say 'Oh crud, another mistake we made...' lol

Meh, they'd probably just shrug it off and make something else up to cover for their original blunder. Of course, that would mean that they even remember about that in the first place. Seeing as how they couldn't even remember the dub name they gave Junichi two seasons ago I'm guessing they won't think twice about Takeshi's mother - a character who was only mentioned in passing about seven years ago. :P

Hasn't it already been announced in the summary that she's his mother? So we know they didn't change her to stepmother or anything.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Umm, I aint sure about this but i think they said that she died in the Japanese version too so it isn't a Dub error...just tryin to clarify things

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast