Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Family That Battles Together, Stays Together! (005)

umbreon trainer 7 Guest

that pic of my got my heart pumping

man i just saw that episodie and a lot confused! the brock mother not was die? what happen there? i lot confused!!!

Basically, Brock's mother wasn't dead, and she returned and made the gym a water-type one. brock turned it back into a rock type gym, gave all his pokemon bar Forretress to forrest (Jiroo) and left for Hoenn.
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

Those decorations NEED to go xD..at least it's still a rock gym -- I like water better but that was just too much.

How did his mom catch all those pokemon?

And you thought Marina was annoying? Lola made me want to rip my eardrums out. I cheered when Brock put her in her place.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Was glad to finally see these episodes. Brock was awesome in this... was good to see his siblings. I liked the youngest twins.. thought they were funny

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Um, when I watched it, it was in Spanish ><. I couldn't understand a word of what was going on...

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat
    Um, when I watched it, it was in Spanish ><. I couldn't understand a word of what was going on...

Really? Where are you that you saw this on?

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost
    Really? Where are you that you saw this on?
    I live in South Carolina, and I know it wasn't my TV, because the show before it was in English, but both Chronicles episodes were in Spanish...

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat
    I live in South Carolina, and I know it wasn't my TV, because the show before it was in English, but both Chronicles episodes were in Spanish...

Very odd indeed hmmmmmmm

my fava part when brock battle his mother for the gym

Well, I know that Cerulean Blues is on now and I'm not watching it. I've already seen it a couple of months ago. But I digress...

After all of the Tracey episodes and Misty episodes and the Raikou special, this was next on my list. Mostly, I just wanted to see what Brock's mom sounded like. And now, well, her voice is okay (not the greatest but not bad). Flint...I liked his voice from the 5th episode and that's that. And Forrest, a very cute kid (Hmm, I sense a Miroku in the works).

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quite possibly the funniest unintentional line I have ever heard in the Pokemon series happened in this episode. "The way you handled that Poliwag is what made me fall in love with you." I could NOT stop laughing when he said that!

Post #700!
    -Formerly known as Banette-

Thanks to xxpoke_loverxx for the banner.

Forrest mind as well be Mirax(Miroku and Max hybrid).

Well, apart from the whole Brock's mom issue, I did like this special. At least it won't look so out of place when I do my annual runthrough of Pokemon from the beginning and run it after "A Ruin with a View". I'm glad they helped keep continuity by saying Brock was just coming from parting with Ash, and was heading to Hoenn at the end. My two cents:

-- Brock was a bit of a jerk throughout the special, but he was also pretty funny. I could understand that he wanted to keep the gym as it traditionally was, though he could have come off less forceful.
    -- Flint and Lola = cuteness.
    -- Best line: "Who's your daddy?" LOL
    -- I really liked the Brock/Forrest scenes. At least Brock is a great big brother to his siblings. I'm a little disturbed that Brock promised to teach him about girls next time, though. LOL
    -- At least by running this special so late in the U.S., it'll be nice to fall back on when we see the return to Pewter Gym episode in a year.
    -- Why weren't Geodude and Crobat mentioned?

Overall, 7/10.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

"Who's your daddy?"Uhh you're her husband.Lola is a bit crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Staryu
    How did his mom catch all those pokemon?
    You're forgetting that she was away from the family for quite a long time. A few years, disturbing as that is. She had loads of time to build a team, so why is this even a question?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I knew it wasn't going to stay a water type gym because I don't think that two gyms of the same type in the same region is alloud or is it?
        Spoiler:- Copy & Pastes:

If you like Emerald better than Ruby/Sappire copy & paste this in your signature. (Started by cooldude13)

Shinies I have none

Wanted Shinies Anything(I wouldn't mind if it was a Magikarp)

Is it just me, or did Brock's mother look freakishly weird?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

-Not a bad episode, but I must ask why they cut out Geodude, Crobat, and Forretress. That was the worst aspect of this episode.
    -I don't know why Brock wouldn't compromise with Lola. What would be the big deal with having two types in the gym. He seemed to yell at his mom a lot in this episode. :P
    -"Man-Teen" and "Smea-Gull"!!?? Geez, those dubbers really need to pronounce the Pokemon names right.

Anyways I'll give this episode a 6.5/10....I had to take a few points off for the edits.

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut
    Why weren't Geodude and Crobat mentioned?
    Because the scene where Brock leaves them with Forrest was cut out for the dub.

Anyway, this special was definitely one of the ones I was looking forward to the most.

So when it started, seeing the same rock Ash stood on years back that Flint was selling, and seeing that same scenery looking down on Pewter City was not only a nice way to kick off the special, but it was also a pretty nostalgic trip through memory lane.

About the whole 4Kids screw up. Apparently they decided to ignore what they said about Lola dying early on in the series and just pretend it wasn't a big deal. Personally, I don't see why they couldn't just 'dub over it'. I mean, all they really need to do is make it seem like Flint was simply wrong about Lola dying, like its surprising she's still around. But no, instead they just hope everybody forgot about it. >_>

Flint's voice. It changed. It's Eric Stuart this time around I'm pretty sure, and it was probably Eric Stuart last time, too. But last time Flint had a low, sort of shady voice... almost like he was always whispering or something. Now its just a generic, deep, gruff guy voice. Although the voice is still somewhat similar, so at least I still have that feeling that he's the same person I saw in episode 5.

I can tell 4Kids gave Lola a very 'Mom' sounding voice to make the distinction that she IS a mom, rather than a young girl that Brock could easily be attracted to (which is pretty much what she looks like). Lola looks very little like her children, but I can see a few similarities, I think...

I like the whole idea of expanding on Brock's family with this special. It's too bad 4Kids didn't name all the children (at least I don't think they did), but that's okay. More specifically, though, I like how they picked the second oldest child in the family and expanded more on him. By changing his hair a little and giving him a different voice (a common yet satisfactory voice, BTW), and by giving him a unique personality and dreams, they made him more interesting, and they made him feel more like a different person than Brock.

Brock and Forrest's talks were nice, too. Actually, it would have been interesting for Forrest to go on his own badge-collecting adventure, but I guess some of Brock's other siblings can do that, if Forrest continues heading the gym. Even though Forrest's attraction to girls was added into the episode, I do admit it made him more interesting, or at least a little funnier. An example is in this quote:

"Talk about the girls!"

And it's cool to see, as the special ends, Brock in his new clothes, ready to move on to his Hoenn adventures with Ash.

Last thing I'll mention is, it's always nice to see my favorite Pokemon, Blastoise!

Anyway, this special was, in fact, very special to me. 9/10!
    Last edited by Kamex; 9th July 2006 at 1:48 AM.

Man, Flint's Girlfriend was so annoying. I don't know why 4Kids kept having Brock say "Mom", his Mom's dead, why would he call anyone else that? Also, why would he call her Mom if he just met her. Brock's little Brother was cool though. He seems to be pretty good 'cause he helped Brock's Onix evolve to Steelix without the use of Metal Coat. Just a small joke. Anyways, I suppose this was an Okay Episode.
    Sliver Version Typhlosion Revamp done by Shelldude1

TC Created by BLAZEQUAZA

is Brock mixed?

Quote Originally Posted by GoggleHead View Post
    Man, Flint's Girlfriend was so annoying. I don't know why 4Kids kept having Brock say "Mom", his Mom's dead, why would he call anyone else that? Also, why would he call her Mom if he just met her. Brock's little Brother was cool though. He seems to be pretty good 'cause he helped Brock's Onix evolve to Steelix without the use of Metal Coat. Just a small joke. Anyways, I suppose this was an Okay Episode.
    His mother isin't dead, that was a changed in the dub, it seems as though the dubbers didn't consider the possibility that the animators would actually show his mother in the flesh

But they did.. and it appears the dubber hoped that the audience forgot their change

Nice episode. It was nice to see Pewter Gym again. Brock's mom impressed me. How did she caught all those cool pokes?. She must be better that Ash, then . I give it a 7.5/10. A little more action would have been good too.
    ·.·´Ż`·.·Forum Rules | Signature Rules | FAQ·.·´Ż`·.·

"I love you as the plant that never blooms / but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
    thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance, / risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body..."

(Pablo Neruda, Chilean Poet)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast