Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cerulean Blue! (006)

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke-san
    They didn't cut it, but it wasn't very revealing ..

Anyway, question: At one point Misty told us that as a baby she crawled into the mouth of Gyarados which was the reason she was still afraid of it, but then later on said she had once performed an underwater ballet with it as a Magikarp before it had evolved - bad dubbing or just idiocy?

I thought an episode entirely based on Misty would suck, turns out it wasn't bad

Team Tentacruel's blasting off agaiiiiiiiiin ....
    ... it was a differnt Gyarados -_-
    Black - JP
    FC: 1848 9979 6673 Trainer name: Billy IDNo: 65021
    White - UK
    FC: 2537 2960 7121 Trainer name: Bella IDNo: 62467
    White2 - JP
    FC: 0819 9968 5972 Trainer name: Benny IDNo: 39588
    Black2 - UK
    FC: 4170 2407 1321 Trainer name: Britney IDNo: 09957

Oh my... How totally ignorant were those 'invincible' brothers? What were they called... Something like Kim, Kay and Kai? Oh dear...

Staryu went down like a sack of sand after one punch from 'chan, the fabulous 'punching type'.

The most entertaining part for me was watching Misty getting hammered by the three Tentacruel attacks. Should those three idiots not get like arrested for that?

Better than I thought. Hydro Pump was cool.

One thing bothered me...Did the bozo brothers work for Team Rocket? And another thing... Were Misty's sisters 'travelling' in the Japanese version too?

Quote Originally Posted by High Commander Solomon
    What was cut out, more to the point?
    Indeed, Chaos the -...erm High Comander Solomon stated all we need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by poke_girl
    ... it was a differnt Gyarados -_-
    nah according to the dub it was the same

she said she done a water ballet with it when it was still a magikarp and that if she performed the dance infront of it, it may calm gyrados down

but it didnt!
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

*prays for so stupid an edit that 4Kids HQ must be burned*

Did Hitmonchan, Gyarados and the other pokemon still have the same dub voices?

...Why does everyone think that the three brothers were part of Team Rocket? Bad =/= TR. >_>

The only connection they've had was when Jessie, James and Meowth paid them to go fight Misty/The Twerps in 'Gotta Catch Ya Later'. -_-

...'According to the dub' is a line that should never be spoken, ever. What the dub says is irellevant. Japanese Version = True. If the Original says it was a different Gyarados, then it's different.

Edit: ...Cybercubed? Dude? Gyarados doesn't *have* a Dub Voice, if I recall. ^^o

well I dont have access to the origonal..............

If it was a different magikarp then why did Misty do the ballet thing? seems weird to me.........
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso

Edit: ...Cybercubed? Dude? Gyarados doesn't *have* a Dub Voice, if I recall. ^^o
    Seeing as how the persone editing this series has no idea what they're doing, I was afraid they'd actually made a dub voice for Gyrados and have it say "GY-ra-DOS!" instead of roaring.

Anyone know if any scenes were cut out like in the Brock special?

But really, this episode was some funny and bizarre stuff. Let's see...big mean Pokemon pummels everything. Too strong to put in the Poke ball, and it's planning to beat the crap out of everyone. So, forget pounding it, let's take off our shirts to calm it down!

Nope, not gonna work, in fact it's a lot like a near-death experience. So. drop the cage from overhead, the fact that that friggin thing can bust out of it in one shot nonwithstanding.

So then comes the random battle with Doofus Squad. Sure, they could recall their own Pokemon with that laser beam, but nope, Staryu can be suckered into an easy trap. Somehow outsmarting someone is a penalty. I didn't know.

Then the jerks cheat in front of hundreds of witnesses. Nobody would EVER declare them the victor, but why recall Corsola when you can go and almost die! Again! Heck, Gyarados getting hurt wouldn't be a bad thing - he nearly killed someone today.

Somehow, all of this qualifies Misty to be the gym leader. There are two explanations.

1) Nurse Joy has a mermaid fetish.
    2) One must be stupid to be a gym leader.

A true victory for the little guy everywhere. Somehow I feel inspired.

...Why does everyone think that the three brothers were part of Team Rocket? Bad =/= TR. >_>

The only connection they've had was when Jessie, James and Meowth paid them to go fight Misty/The Twerps in 'Gotta Catch Ya Later'. -_-
    So they where Working for Jessie, James and Meowth.. who are team rocket?
    I don't think they where wrong there or anything.
    Black - JP
    White - UK
    White2 - JP
    Black2 - UK

So they where Working for Jessie, James and Meowth.. who are team rocket?
    I don't think they where wrong there or anything.
    ...They were 'working' for Team Rocket/Jessie, James and Meowth for ONE EPISODE, and for a Minor Job. And that episode was 'Gotta Catch Ya Later'. And this isn't GCYL, is it?

No, it isn't. So yes, they were wrong.

...They were 'working' for Team Rocket/Jessie, James and Meowth for ONE EPISODE, and for a Minor Job. And that episode was 'Gotta Catch Ya Later'. And this isn't GCYL, is it?

No, it isn't. So yes, they were wrong.
    I still think that's working for them.. they where doing a job for them
    edit: they said they used to work for them.. never said they still where >_>; so.. does it matter it's not GCYL (I'm confusing my self)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShucklemasterJ
    well I dont have access to the origonal..............

If it was a different magikarp then why did Misty do the ballet thing? seems weird to me.........
    She is basicly scared of all Garyados, thats what I got from it, she also did that ballet thing in one of the eps, I don't remember what one.. I remember her going back there and she did some ballet
    Last edited by poke_girl; 15th June 2005 at 5:49 PM.
    Black - JP
    White - UK
    White2 - JP
    Black2 - UK

I still think that's working for them.. they where doing a job for them
    In a different f*cking episode. People were asking if the Brothers were working for Team Rocket in THIS episode. THIS episode is not 'Gotta Catch Ya Later'.

...'According to the dub' is a line that should never be spoken, ever. What the dub says is irellevant. Japanese Version = True. If the Original says it was a different Gyarados, then it's different.
    Unfortunately not everyone has access to the originals, nor would they have the lingual skills to understand what's happening. As much as people may not like it and moan about how the dub changes some things, the dub is the only thing a lot of us have to go on. And while it may not have all the same things as the Japanese version (like changing an obviously female looking male into a female) it is still, whether you like it or not, all we have to go on.

And for the record, it never said in the dub it was the same Gyarados. Misty was talking about how she was afraid of Gyarados. Not necessarily that Gyarados. She never once said that it was specifically that Gyarados. She said 'I've been afraid of it ever since', but unless she gave it a specific name I fail to see how it implied that it was the same Gyarados.

In a different f*cking episode. People were asking if the Brothers were working for Team Rocket in THIS episode. THIS episode is not 'Gotta Catch Ya Later'.
    gah, don't get moody, I made an edit.. they said WHEN they where... they didn't say they still where...

edit: right.. I might of missed people asking.. (was it me asking??? wow that is poor memory.. I just forgot what they did last time..)
    miss understood what you was saying I think, I think.. (a couple of re-reads help)
    Last edited by poke_girl; 15th June 2005 at 6:00 PM.
    Black - JP
    White - UK
    White2 - JP
    Black2 - UK

Quote Originally Posted by Batdude
    Unfortunately not everyone has access to the originals, nor would they have the lingual skills to understand what's happening. As much as people may not like it and moan about how the dub changes some things, the dub is the only thing a lot of us have to go on. And while it may not have all the same things as the Japanese version (like changing an obviously female looking male into a female) it is still, whether you like it or not, all we have to go on.

And for the record, it never said in the dub it was the same Gyarados. Misty was talking about how she was afraid of Gyarados. Not necessarily that Gyarados. She never once said that it was specifically that Gyarados. She said 'I've been afraid of it ever since', but unless she gave it a specific name I fail to see how it implied that it was the same Gyarados.
    Dude, I was just going from what ShuckleMaster said. >_> I don't have Toonami, so I haven't actually seen the episode.

And my point about the Japanese version was refering off what someone else said about the Japanese version having it as a different Pokemon. :3

Dude, I was just going from what ShuckleMaster said. >_> I don't have Toonami, so I haven't actually seen the episode.

And my point about the Japanese version was refering off what someone else said about the Japanese version having it as a different Pokemon. :3
    And my point about Gyarados wasn't directed solely at you. But don't worry about it! *pats on head*

Since it's continuously being talked about the mistakes in the dub version, what exactly did the japanese version say when the three bozos showed up? Did it mention their affiliation with Team Rocket in the past? (this is actually a genuine question)

Whoo! Caught the repeat!

They just said they USED to work with TR, and don't anymore. The fact that she doesn't know who they are is a bit confusing, since she would have met them only a day or two before in a real timeline. And, for the first time ever, I find Misty relatively attractive. Damn her flatness!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    Whoo! Caught the repeat!

They just said they USED to work with TR, and don't anymore. The fact that she doesn't know who they are is a bit confusing, since she would have met them only a day or two before in a real timeline. And, for the first time ever, I find Misty relatively attractive. Damn her flatness!
    I don't see WHY they would mention the fact that they used to work with Team Rocket. They only did so, for what? Half a Day? And Team Rocket screwed them over in the end anyway.

Seriously, Misty didn't know who they were? o___o; Was this present in the Japanese version, I wonder.

Heh, just like Annie and Oakly, 4kids must be trying to get more characters to become part of TR, even though they're not suppossed to be.

I'm pretty sure she did recognise them in the original, she was just surprised to see them in the gym.
    ~

I don't see WHY they would mention the fact that they used to work with Team Rocket. They only did so, for what? Half a Day? And Team Rocket screwed them over in the end anyway.
    Maybe it meant a lot to them. They *are* wannabe thugs, after all. And you remember the popularity of wannabe agents according to the woman with the Delibird.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    Heh, just like Annie and Oakly, 4kids must be trying to get more characters to become part of TR, even though they're not suppossed to be.
    they only say they used to... and they sorta did.. not for long but... hey at least the continutiveity is there O_o;
    Black - JP
    White - UK
    White2 - JP
    Black2 - UK

No problems with this ep except

*Punching Type
    *Those Brothers called Misty Ponytail
    *Misty didn't remember who the brothers are
    *The lamest line ever "We're not Team Rocket but we're blasting off!" *shudders*

Most other stuff was good.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast