Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cerulean Blue! (006)

Factory Head Noland Guest

Btw it's called "Cerulean Blues!"

An excellent episode, one of the best Chronicles episodes so far. It was great to see how Misty runs the Cerulean Gym.
    I liked how they kept the title screen from Master Quest, my favourite title screen ^_^ but the globe in the background wasn't spinning...nice font also.
    At least there weren't that many mistakes, the Brothers kept their names and all, the announcer did call Hitmonchan a "Punching" type though...

Overall 9.3/10
    Excellent episode, music was changed at the end which sux0rz!

When does Cerulean Blue repeat on Toonami? I missed it yesterday. >_>

From the comments I've read, it's better than most of the Chronicles so far...
    "It is such a quiet thing, to fall.
    But far more terrible is to admit it."

I'm positive it repeats tomorrow afternoon at 4pm.

It is such a great episode, the best Chronicles so far. I'm definatly buying DVD 2.

Just wanna point out that absolutely no references to the Rocket Gang was made in the original. And yanno, I wouldn't be suprised Kasumi doesn't recognize them either. Most people tend not to remember people who aren't very important. They're simply trying to repay her for their loss by getting her while she's "weak" due to being unable to control her Gyarados. And you do realize that Hitmonchan's often refered as the Punching Pokémon while Hitmonlee's the Kicking Pokémon, right?
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Just wanna point out that absolutely no references to the Rocket Gang was made in the original. And yanno, I wouldn't be suprised Kasumi doesn't recognize them either. Most people tend not to remember people who aren't very important. They're simply trying to repay her for their loss by getting her while she's "weak" due to being unable to control her Gyarados. And you do realize that Hitmonchan's often refered as the Punching Pokémon while Hitmonlee's the Kicking Pokémon, right?
    And yet Ash, Misty and Brock have al been able to remember people they met ages ago, AND their names? Yet Misty can't remember three people she battled only a few days ago. Kinda dumb, if you ask me. :P

Even more screwy is Brock 'remembering' the Lapras 'they travelled with in the Orange Islands'. :D

Hitmonchan was referred to as a Punching type not the Punching Pokemon twice during the episode.

I think everyone knows about Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee and Hitmontop...

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Even more screwy is Brock 'remembering' the Lapras 'they travelled with in the Orange Islands'.
    when on earth was that?!

Also I noticed a few seconds from the end when she dives in are missing O_O
    Black - JP
    FC: 1848 9979 6673 Trainer name: Billy IDNo: 65021
    White - UK
    FC: 2537 2960 7121 Trainer name: Bella IDNo: 62467
    White2 - JP
    FC: 0819 9968 5972 Trainer name: Benny IDNo: 39588
    Black2 - UK
    FC: 4170 2407 1321 Trainer name: Britney IDNo: 09957

This was a really good episode, I sooooo love the Pokémon brothers! Damn I wish they'd won.

The match itself was quite entertaining, Hitmonchan's faking of an illness should have been made legal, they screwed the pokémon brothers out of that one. *******s.

Nice touch towards the end as well with Misty getting up close and personal with the Gyarados, and hey I thought she said she already was a gym leader (ish) back in the "Water Flowers Of Cerulean City!", but being able to control a Gyarados I guess makes her now officially one.

All voices were well dubbed, apart from Politoed's which to be fair did sound a little messed up.

This episode probably beats Brock's one, for the fact that the Pokémon brothers were in it. :shifty:

wouldnt hitmonchan's illegal move be called faint attack?

cant wait for were no angels
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Upon watching this episode again I have produced a running commentary. Here goes:

- Gyarados needs some character development. In this episode, he pretty much does what I would have done in his position up until the very end. Actually, maybe even then, because if I could blow stuff up at will I think I'd do a lot of that.
    - Here are the Blues Brothers ripoffs. *kicks the animators* DO NOT RIP OFF THE BLUES BROTHERS!
    - Who are the guys in the white t-shirts, what are they doing there, and how do they magically teleport out of the water?
    - Psyduck can jump like Super Mario. I must remember this if I write a fanfic.
    - Karate Blues Brothers. This episode angers me.
    - Lily’s socks-and-slip-ons look is bad. I think that’s Lily. Could be wrong. Doubt it.
    - And NOW begins the drug-induced lunacy. Come forth mermaid costume, and let the sixties spirit take hold!
    - How is she talking underwater?
    - Underwater over a minute, mouth constantly open. No sign of drowning until halfway through getting beaten up? I suspect Misty has super powers.
    - And there's Horsea, infamously groping her…and she’s watching it! This is beautiful! Oh, Pokemopolis is going to have a field day, man oh man.
    - Colored haze. If that doesn't convey the inspiration for this, what does?
    - How can these people rig up a pulley so fast? Or maybe Gyarados is stupid.
    - His microphone is connected to what? And all those people showed up in seconds. They need lives. Badly.
    - I hate those brothers. They annoy me. And why are they on the high-dive like that?
    - Weird guys again. Why are they there?
    - Staryu should never have won this. How is that cheating? But it does make a cool-*** nightlight.
    - Togepi. I loathe thee.
    - Once again Misty shows that she is stupid. No, fool, you WANT Gyarados to get hurt so that it can be captured. Alternately you should just use that little tractor beam to recall Corsola.
    - So instead of being told to stay away from sharp objects, Misty is declared a gym leader for nearly dying twice. I think this proves that her sisters are not as stupid as some have presumed – would you want a job where THIS is expected of you?
    - That’s Charizard in the closing! We love Charizard! Everyone loves Charizard! Except the writers, but screw them, we love Charizard!

The moral: Do not screw with Charizard.

Shadowcat Guest

This episode was awesome and the invicible brothers routine seemed kind of stupid.

1) They lost to Ash, Misty and Brock in Viridian
    2) They lose to Misty again.

Well taht was all but overall, quite an ok episode.

I was only able to see the last half with the battle, but it was still good! The Invincible Brothers from "Gotta Catch ya' Later" are back, and they cheated in a battle?! Their whole reaction to being DQ'd was funny, but the Tentacruel got blasted off like TR was even funnier!

We're not Team Rocket, but we're blasting off!

7/10

I love this mission Gyarados save Misty great music.

It's funny, but I don't remember there being a Magikarp in the mermaid play. Oh well, I'll accept a cheap excuse for Misty to wear the costume.

Now that I saw all of the Tracey episodes, I can look at the others...

Now then, Cerulean Blues was an okay episode. I can rant and rave for hours about Misty's hair when it is down and so I'll save my rant for another day. Those three idiots (don't remember the names so they remain to be called the three idiots) from the GCYL episode still get on my nerves. And of course, Misty is one of my favorite characters and I just thought she looked so cute as a baby.

For the most part a good episode.
    Last edited by Medea; 6th April 2006 at 4:19 AM. Reason: Stupid spelling errors...

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Arrrrrrrgh! I haven't seen the episode. Because it haven't aired in my home country the United States of America yet. By the way the names of the pokemon brothers were Chin, Rin ans San. I think in the episode GOTTA CATCH YA LATER Team Rocket was just using them to steal Ash's Pikachu mateys.

I'm trying to upload the comparison for this episode, but the program I use to upload my website is acting up on me.

EDIT: I got it up now. And people say "The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon" had a bad dub...

Quote Originally Posted by Magus
    It's funny, but I don't remember there being a Magikarp in the mermaid play. Oh well, I'll accept a cheap excuse for Misty to wear the costume.
    The ballet we saw on-screen probably wasn't the first one she's done. It's possible that she danced with Magikarp off-screen, possibly before the series even started.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    I'm trying to upload the comparison for this episode, but the program I use to upload my website is acting up on me.

EDIT: I got it up now. And people say "The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon" had a bad dub...
    Odd, it seems to be gone again...

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Fixed it. It should be there by now.

And to keep this post from being so advertise-y...does anyone have the Master Quest DVD and is able to confirm the spelling of the three brothers' English names? The best I've seen online have been merely estimates.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

The big one of the Fighting Brothers sounds like Morrison.
    *The small one*

Chronicles episodes that are actually good this time. Despite many dubbing errors, the plot is interesting in both this and the Brock family episode. 5/5, stellar for pokemon episodes.

Not bad. Better than last week, those were awful.

What a surprise, Nurse Joy is everything! xD..she always shows up to save the day.

Great episode, nice to see Misty get a spotlight on her own. One would think after nearly drowning twice and being hit by about 100 Poison Sting attacks she'd have to be hospitalized......

"We're not Team Rocket, but we're BLASTING OOOOOOOFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!"

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 14: Goldenrod City Under Siege (Part 1)
    Next: Goldenrod City Under Siege (Part 2)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

was a great episode indeed.. I don't know about you guys but I'm glad to finally see these after so long.

something i noticed that castlevania fans will get a kick out of, one of gyarados roars sounded EXACTLY like the death cry of the draghinazzo/malacoda/barbaricca enemies from castlevania dawn of sorrow, play it your self, kill one of those three enemies (Barbaricca is likely to be the first one of them you encounter), and wallah! its about the closest ill ever get to seeing my castlevania/pokemon/kingdom hearts/crossover become a reality (alucard/misty!! *gets shot*). Anyways just nitpicking ^_^.
    Altoshipping and Aquamarineshipping, my favorite pairings. MINE MINE MINE!

HxP FTW ^_^

CLICK FOR GREAT JUSTICE!! http://johnnyd2.deviantart.com/journal/23765316/

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast