Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cerulean Blue! (006)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyd2
    something i noticed that castlevania fans will get a kick out of, one of gyarados roars sounded EXACTLY like the death cry of the draghinazzo/malacoda/barbaricca enemies from castlevania dawn of sorrow, play it your self, kill one of those three enemies (Barbaricca is likely to be the first one of them you encounter), and wallah! its about the closest ill ever get to seeing my castlevania/pokemon/kingdom hearts/crossover become a reality (alucard/misty!! *gets shot*). Anyways just nitpicking ^_^.
    In earlier pokemon episodes, Gyarados sounded like Bowser from SSBM.
    You're in my world... and you will die in my world.

The losers cut out some scenes of Mermaid Misty. Damn, the one time we get Misty fanservice and a lot of it was choped off. WTF.

Where were the bros from originally? I can't remember their episode. Oh well. And Misty in her mermaid suit is always googd!

The Gym - Brock is an incompetent gym leader. Hilarity ensues.

Quote Originally Posted by may lover
    Where were the bros from originally? I can't remember their episode. Oh well. And Misty in her mermaid suit is always googd!
    "Gotta Catch Ya Later" was their first appearance.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

This episode made me cry because how she tried so hard to protect the water pokemon she loved.

Mess with me, Deal with him ! =) || Shiny Hunter || Trainer
    PokeFan for Life ! <3

Her "brilliant" plans verged on suicide. She was lucky twice not to get killed. Wouldn't that make what she did, I dunno, stupid?

I'm surprised the brothers were not arrested for what they did.. they almost killed misty.... ehh but who's to say they were not arrested later on...

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I wonder why only the bad guys get blasted off... I missed most of the episode so do any of you know when it will air again? I am a pretty big Misty fan...

-

How can Misty just float there and talk, but not drown? I mean on all the other episodes when they are underwater/swimming they hold their breath, but it was most likely around 40 seconds to a minute before she starting holding her breath.
    "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."-Jesus

Please help save the unborn! http://www.priestsforlife.org/

Quote Originally Posted by OtterPops
    I wonder why only the bad guys get blasted off... I missed most of the episode so do any of you know when it will air again? I am a pretty big Misty fan...

-
    Not for at least another 10 weeks.Misty should be dead though.Really like 50 Poison Stings then getting hit by a Tentacruel.

I loved this episode. It's always a pleasure to see misty with her hair down, I actually didn't think it was that long. She still looked good. So what if she got hit with all those poison stings and still lived, and got hit by tentacruel. I'm glad she was okay. Ash got hit with razor leafs, vine whips, and poison stings from TR's pokemon, and he lived, while TR have been mauled by pokemon attacks and still came back. Anyways, I always wanted to see how she got her gyarados. She controlled it very well, it makes a very good addition for her team indeed.

Schedule Update:

Starting next week (July 1st), Toonami will only premiere one new episode a week. The show will still get two slots a week, but the first slot will be used to encore the previous week's episode. So, next week's schedule looks like this:

7:00 - "Cerulean Blues"
    7:30 - "We're No Angels"
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Are you certain that's not an error, Dogasu? It seems odd, as this would be the second change in the way Chronicles has been aired in the short time CN's been showing it.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

I don't have so much a problem with the fact that she survived as I do that she got rewarded for getting herself into such a jam in the first place. When Ash gets in the way of attacks, yeah, maybe he's got a really hard head and all, but nobody claims what he did is responsible - which is what this episode is trying to claim Misty was. The first rule of dealing with an emergency is supposed to be to make sure you yourself are not killed, else nobody will be around to do so - and she clearly disregarded it twice. That's NOT responsibility, that's acting without thinking. Such is part of Ash's character, but we're supposed to see it as decidedly not part of Misty's.

I can see the cries of "it's just a show" a mile off, so let's make it clear that I will be able to sleep tonight knowing this episode aired. It doesn't bother me that much, really. But I see this episode and see one thing while everyone else sees another, and I guess in some sense I want to know why.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler
    Are you certain that's not an error, Dogasu? It seems odd, as this would be the second change in the way Chronicles has been aired in the short time CN's been showing it.
    I'm sure. CN apparently aired a commercial advertising this change and everything.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    I'm sure. CN apparently aired a commercial advertising this change and everything.
    Odd......I did notice ever since they started airing two a week that the Toonami stinger between segments would say "Now: Pokémon Chronicles. Next: *NEW* Pokémon Chronicles."---even when both were new.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

The brothers were too stupid to be the bad guys.

Psyduck Psyduck Psyduck Psyduck Psyduck Psyduck!!!!

Okay, sorry, I just had to get that extreme excitement out of my system. I have SO missed the lovably idiotic duck (and no, the recent Psyduck episode didn't do much to help). Seeing Politoed, Corsola, and Horsea again was also a treat.

I liked this special, even though I'm not big on Misty. I'm glad I finally got the story of how Misty got her gyarados (and now I know why she did the Gary-esque pokeball kiss in ATM), and the backstory of her and gyarados in general was revealing. It was pretty good overall. My two cents:

-- Kam, Kay, and Khan are total jerks. I mean, they come off worse than Harley for me, which is saying something. In their first appearance at least they were funny (that scene with them and their pokemon yelling at Team Rocket was LOL hilarious), but here they deserved everything they got. I did like the line "We're not Team Rocket, but we're blasting off!", but otherwise I hated these guys. I am glad that the people behind the show remembered who these guys were after three years (even I forgot the trio's name until I remembered Misty's "invisible" joke in the previous episode).
    -- Great Misty episode overall. It's nice how she managed to tame gyarados and overcome her fear at the same time.
    -- Nice twist on Nurse Joy. I had the feeling the inspector(s) were already at the gym, but I hadn't counted on it being Nurse Joy. I guess the lack of a nurse's hat should have given it away.

Overall, 8/10.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

I thought this episode was good. At the end, I thought the Fighting Bros. were jerks, but it was good to see them get owned by Gyarados. I thought it was funny when they said, "We're not TR, but we're blasting off!" Misty and Gyarados were awesome in this episode.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I love this epy ^_^ It was really good! Alsome battle ^^ I found it weird that Misty didn't die when Tentacrul used Posion Sting XDD

Banner and sprites made by the amazing Hakuryuu! Thanks! <3

I love you Dara <33

8/11/07

If the IPB's weren't actual members of TR, they should be. They seem like the exact kind of "evil" people the "evil" leader of the "evil" Team Rocket would like to add to their "evil" team. They treated their Tentacruel as weapons rather than actual creatures and attacked Gyarados when it couldn't defend itself, then Misty, because they didn't like the judgement.

I hope they were arressted for attempted murder.

The mention of Rocket-Dan seems to be another 4Kids invention. Chan, San, and Rin initially appear in the episode where Satoshi, Kasumi, and Takeshi split up... without any association to Rocket-Dan.
    While they do use unfair and/or dishonest battling practices, I find it annoying that 4Kids would automatically attribute all bad in the world (of Pokemon) to Rocket-Dan.
    _
    X

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    Schedule Update:

Starting next week (July 1st), Toonami will only premiere one new episode a week. The show will still get two slots a week, but the first slot will be used to encore the previous week's episode. So, next week's schedule looks like this:

7:00 - "Cerulean Blues"
    7:30 - "We're No Angels"
    -_-
    Well, that bites. Dang, just when I got finished saying how great their schedule was and that it'll be no time at all before the one that I need to see airs, they go and do something like this. Figures>~>

On topic, I thought this episode was pretty good. Nice to see Misty doing something after so long, even if Gyrados didn't get the treatment it deserves. I was surprised by the huge amount of Misty fanservice, though. Bet her fanboys would love an avatar or two from this ep O_o

I'm not a big fan of this episode since there was so much violence in it, and Misty got hurt really bad, but I guess that things had to go like that. One of the more dramatic episodes, I guess. I would have killed those damned Invincible Pokemon Brothers for what they did.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

I liked the Japanese version, where Horsea tried to snuggle with Misty's boobs (or what there are of them) in order to wake her up while she's drowning. Damn 4kids cut that part out, ah well.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast