Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We're No Angels! (007)

Default We're No Angels! (007)

We're No Angels!

After being Blasted off by Ash & Co. Team Rocket land near a village that is under attack. Asked to help they decide to try and stop the attacks. Will they finally succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Well, this was an interesting special. It's always nice to see the Rocket-dan have a major role, especially as the good guys, and Brown-hakase was a unique character who turned out to be a nice guy. The interaction between Kojirou and Rose was nice too, I thought it was sweet how she obviously liked him a lot and thought he was a hero.

Really the only thing I didn't like about this episode was that the animation on Musashi-tachi was off at parts. It wasn't bad really... it just looked kinda strange. I guess they were using different animation teams for some of the Housous, which makes sense.
    ~

so, who just saw it?
    I think it was pretty good ^-^; but Then I have never seen the orginial one..
    Black - JP
    FC: 1848 9979 6673 Trainer name: Billy IDNo: 65021
    White - UK
    FC: 2537 2960 7121 Trainer name: Bella IDNo: 62467
    White2 - JP
    FC: 0819 9968 5972 Trainer name: Benny IDNo: 39588
    Black2 - UK
    FC: 4170 2407 1321 Trainer name: Britney IDNo: 09957

I just saw it. In my opinion, there was too much talking and not enough Arbok and Weezing. My last chance to see them, and they star for 30 seconds.

Pretty quirky storyline aswell. A sort of 'Galaxy Quest' thing, with the whole 'You're the heroes from the tapes!' bit.

That Prof. Brown was certainly a very masculine chap...

I thought it was a good episode in general, and it certainly tied in nicely with them hooking up with the twerps again. At least now we know that they actually end up somewhere when they blast off.

*sits down, reads paper, waits for dub-haters to arrive*

This dub hater has already arrived. :D Though going by what you guys have said there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the dub... yet. I'll just wait to hear from people who have seen both versions so they can point out what got messed up. Then the bˇtching shall begin. ^^
    ~

Yay! I was sick of waiting...

Funny, the voice for the guy who rung the bell at the start was the same guy that did Eugene. He's the voice of Yugi, yeah? They must have recruited him to do all the Chronicles episodes or something.

Unrelated question: The Taillow that Ash captured was a member of the group that attacked the village, yeah? So when the Rockets show up hanging on the branches, they leave Arbok and Weezing shortly after that?

Yeah, the episode where Satoshi captures Subame was AG 04, and the episode where Musashi and Kojirou release Arbok and Matadogasu is AG 06. This Housou takes place right after AG 04, so there's only one episode before the big event. :s
    ~

I was actually surprised Wobbuffet only popped up at the very end. But it wouldn't really fit the whole superhero thing if he was there like a buffoon. Cute, but slightly unprofessional. Like Team Rocket in general!

'Team Righteous' was a very clever name, eh? Matching up the 'R's and such.

I've always thought Arbok and Weezing never got their due credit. When they tackled that massive robot down, I doubt the humans made much difference.

Remember when Ash was battling with Meowth, Arbok and Weezing? What did Team Rocket ever do with those notes they took down, eh...? Sweet shag all, it would seem.
    Last edited by Batdude; 22nd June 2005 at 6:05 PM.

Though a bit corny, Team Righteous actually makes more sense than the original. I believe they were mistaken for Sketto-dan or something like that, and the R on their uniforms is mistaken for a SK symbol, which I always thought was rather odd. >.>

I suppose it would make more sense if I knew what 'sketto' (or whatever it was) means since I'm guessing it has some sort of extra meaning.
    ~

So, for once, the Dub makes slightly more sense than the original...?

I suppose, but as I said, I'm sure the original would make a lot more sense if I knew what 'sketto' meant. Still though, at least righteous does begin with an R. >.>
    ~

Man compared to other chronicles ep this sticks!

I mean Prof.Brown wanting to be freinds with the villagars and not wanting to kill em all put one word in my head 'Baby'ish'
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by ShucklemasterJ
    Man compared to other chronicles ep this sticks!

I mean Prof.Brown wanting to be freinds with the villagars and not wanting to kill em all put one word in my head 'Baby'ish'
    Not everyone wants to kill people.... :/
    Was it like that in the JP version?
    Black - JP
    White - UK
    White2 - JP
    Black2 - UK

Yes, being a nice person and not wanting to kill people is certainly babyish. Damn those annoying nice people and their good intentions. >:/
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Yes, being a nice person and not wanting to kill people is certainly babyish. Damn those annoying nice people and their good intentions. >:/
    You're being sarcastic right? >_>;b
    Black - JP
    White - UK
    White2 - JP
    Black2 - UK

Yeah, I was. :P I actually think Brown-Hakase was a great character because he had such a unique personality. How many shy, friendly but sadly misunderstood genious robot scientists have we seen in the show before? I thought so.

I really feel for the guy too, being shy sucks hard.
    ~

Anyone else think the "Jesse" character in the film was a man?

I may be wrong, but could 'sketto' be 'skate'?
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    Anyone else think the "Jesse" character in the film was a man?

I may be wrong, but could 'sketto' be 'skate'?
    The word for Skating, and skate, it seems, since there doesn't appear to be a different word for it, is スケート, or Sukeeto.

Aah, gotcha.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Well, it certainly wasn't a long 'e' sound, do that rules that out. :/ It occurs to me that it was probably suketto since there's that rule about separating the consonants. They were just saying it so fast that the u was practically omitted.
    Last edited by Heracross; 22nd June 2005 at 10:16 PM.
    ~

According to PokeAni, it's Suketto-Dan (スケット団 ).
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Any idea what Suketto means though?
    ~

a quick look-up reveals that "suketto" means "helper", so I guess everyone thought they're the "Helping Gang".

The original explanation of the R on their shirts actually makes some sense when you really think about it. The right part of the R looks kinda like a deformed ス (su), while the bottom and left parts of the R look kinda like a ケ (ke) leaning on its side, thus they're claiming that their R is a combination of the two symbols.
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 23rd June 2005 at 4:00 AM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Now that makes more sense. Thanks Dogasu and Yamato-san!

Ah, much thanks Yamato-san. Helping Gang makes a hell of a lot more sense than Skating Gang. XD I noticed that the symbol on the "Sketto-dan" shirts also looks like S and K put together.
    ~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast