Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We're No Angels! (007)

In my opinion, the episode was more of a "so so" ... it wasn't really that exciting. Although, seeing Arbok and Weezing was rather nice. The robot part of the episode was rather funny. But somehow, i had a hunch that the robots that were sent into the village were good from the beginning. I'd rate it a 6 on a 1 through 10 scale rating.
    -->Facebook<--

I liked this episode because they showed Arbok again, and I'm an Arbok fan.

The episode seemed to be like a turning point, but then they had to ruin it by having James foolishly blast them off and land near Ash and friends and say "Oh, let's go be evil again!" But then, if they weren't around, then who would be the comedy to save the show from falling apart?

Great episode, but did you notice that in the movies they showed, the "Meowth" was actually a kid in a Meowth suit?

EDIT: Whoohoo! Got the Brock mini-banner, so I'm Boulder now!
    Last edited by C.J. Ray; 9th July 2006 at 5:30 AM.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

It's always nice to see Team Rocket as heroes every now and then.

Gee, because of the way he acted, I felt sorry for the 'villain' with the robots throughout the entire episode. O_o

Interesting that James seemed to like that girl. I wonder what would have happened if Team Rocket stayed there.

Anyway, I guess that side-story was only temporary since they're back to following Ash and Pikachu, of course. 8/10.

i loved this episode it was so funny, but did musashi look weird in this episode? because i think she did. anyways i think it gets a 9/10.

Poor James, he sholud have stayed with the girl... Anyway, good episode. It was nice to see Team Rocket doing something for the good of the people.
    ·.·´Ż`·.·Forum Rules | Signature Rules | FAQ·.·´Ż`·.·

"I love you as the plant that never blooms / but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
    thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance, / risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body..."

(Pablo Neruda, Chilean Poet)

it was a pretty awsome episode and poor james he liked that girl alot
    IM BACK Everyone <3
    SPPF's NO 1 Ash ketchum Lover Forever <3 |Ash is My Bishie <3 * Holds Tight And Huggles
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/j9xzk4.jpg[/IMG]
    Soul Mate - Shikamaru | Banner - Katsu | Erica ~Still a Mudkip + Sceptile Lover
    The Mudkip | Torchic | Treecko Fan club | Ash Doll | Ash Club <3 | Emiline Ketchum - roleplay
    Pair - Flare | Penpals : Katsu Katsuko and Endless Summer
    Em*Katsu*Rubi*Hika*Kelly*Zino*Tama = The SatoQuintruplets
    Satochu Lover Twins - Pikagirl
    Ask me for my pearl code! | Diamond Friend Code - 3823 5121 4699
    No matter where you are Ash your always gonna be mine

I reall enjoyed this episode, it's interesting to see Jesse, James and Meowth actually consider quiting Team Rocket and settling down.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I thought this episode was meh. It was pretty weird when TR fell from the sky and the girl thought they were heroes. It was cool to see Arbok and Weezing after eons. I thought it was kinda funny when Meowth's robot kept jumping on the lead robot. The whole misunderstanding with the scientist was really lame. The only thing worthwhile to say was that it sounded good to hear that TR considered becoming good guys.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I Liked this episode apart from the misunderstanding with the evil scientist, it was nice to see Arbok and Weezing again though

I Liked this episode apart from the misunderstanding with the evil scientist, it was nice to see Arbok and Weezing again though

i liked this episode! i like the stories with team rocket in
    HeartGold

OMG... I never stopped laughing all through this. XDDD;; Team Righteous indeed... LMAO I liked Prof. Brown a lot, though. Dunno why. Prof Brown x James anyone?

I thought this one was really funny!
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

I thought this one was really funny!
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

I thought this one was really funny, too.
    I always love any episode about Team Rocket.

I think it was good that Team Rocket didn't end up staying in that town, because the show would be boring if they left.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

I thought it was good to see Team Rocket act as heroes, even if they didn't mean to. It was obviously a major coincidence that they looked exactly like Team Righteous. I thought that Professor Brown was kind of odd, and I don't blame the villagers for thinking he's evil. I probably would too if I saw a hue robot come at the town.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

I wonder how things would have changed later on if TR had stayed in that town and been good guys. First of all, they would have finally have learned what respect is; and second, Ash and friends would have finally been rid of them.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Poor team rocket.... they never seem to be lucky. But it was nice too see them as heroes tough.

8/10

TR were so poor no one really understand how much they suffer...

And i loved the scientist, he was very strange without any friends.

6/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Armaldo48 View Post
    Poor team rocket.... they never seem to be lucky. But it was nice too see them as heroes tough.

8/10
    I know, but they are the major villians in the anime, as incompetent as they may be :/

I liked it. I really liked that this one took place right after the Taillow episode so it went along with the main anime unlike the other specials so far.

Team Rocket needs more episodes like these, where they're goodguys. 6/10

This episode was funny, especially the way they thought TR was heroes. What I find more funny is that apparently the footage they saw is a TV show (Quite old by the looks of it though, probably before any of the three were born) they think is the news, and plus that Meowth is a person in the costume. (Maybe the actor Jessie and James are their grandparents lol).

And the old guy was misunderstood, he was trying to help but they thought he was trying to attack.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

This episode was ok... It was funny when the villagers though TR was Team Righteous and were heroes. It was funny when TR decided to stay, but then screwed up and were sent away. The scientist was very odd... What he was doing to the fields still doesn't make sense to me...

40/100

I love how these Chronicle episodes are really interesting considering the correlations with the Advanced Series. A episode focused on Team Rocket is always fun to watch. I never saw this episode before so it was really interesting to watch. I also laughed many times how the village and its inhabits thought Team Rocket were heroes ( which they actually were) Good episode and humorous. As expected from a Team Rocket centered episode.

So the opening starts, and already I'm thinking... is that you, Dr. Tenma?

I honestly don't know what to say about this episode. I understand that Chronicles is all about short side-stories of characters who are not Ash, so they technically are canon, but they act more like filler than anything (which I suppose is the point, but if they're to add to canon, then why act like filler?). They're easy to overlook because of that, and they have their good and bad episodes as well. However, one would think that these stories would help better the characters in showing a different side to them that we don't always see. Brock and Misty are proof of that, even though they're characters we're more intimately knowledgeable about. So it'd be no different for Team Rocket whose flanderizations haven't fully sunk in yet by this time; it's there, but people haven't necessarily complained about it just quite. It's not the first time Team Rocket has done heroic things, nor has it been the last, but unfortunately, those few times did it a lot better than this special did. I was hoping it would be great to see an episode that just has Team Rocket as the main characters doing what they do best in being themselves as honestly good people deep down, since we've had so few of those episodes to begin with.

This is not that episode. Not this time, anyway.

I should not have ever expected anything big from the moment that robot came out brandishing its hoes within that first minute. I don't even know what I was really expecting to begin with outside of a possible Frankenstein plot, which I'll gladly take over what we got here. Instead, we got a whole mistaken identity going on with some woman named Kate being convinced Team Rocket is part of Team Righteous, who were apparently characters of an old television series from back in the day. (Doesn't help that conveniently they look alike.) Oh, how I wish she really was the village buffoon, then maybe there would've been something interesting going on when it comes to the villagers. But then again, they all appear to be buffoons from how quickly they came to be accepting of Team Rocket as these fictional characters.

Of course, then we have this thing going on where Kate crushes on James. She doesn't really seem to acknowledge either Jessie nor Meowth by name, which suggests to me that though she's a huge fan of Team Righteous, she probably has a huge crush on the guy. Typical fan-girl behavior. She had no character outside of that, I don't know why James would even consider staying outside of the fact she's like the only girl who didn't get all clingy. Far as we know, she could be a clingy fan-girl who wants him all to herself. Probably a good thing we didn't stay long enough to see that, because that would've made for a more interesting episode, and we can't have that in Pokémon.

Despite the use of robots in this episode, they're disappointing. Meowth was able to create off-screen a more interesting mecha out of the one they destroyed earlier. For an inventor, Dr. Tenma (Dr. Brown's a lazy name) sure isn't very creative. The giant one that came out to great them was the best-looking, and it did nothing. Not that I was really expecting a mecha battle, but anything's better than what we got next. Turns out Dr. Tenma's not a villain, he's just a misunderstood, shy person who wants to make friends with the villagers. Too bad he's not the real Dr. Tenma, though, then his robots would've had a better chance of making friends with people instead of angering them by destroy their fields. Then again, he would've sold them off if he got angry enough.

So after that let-down of a reveal, suddenly the episode is without conflict in the third act. Quick, throw in the flock of Taillow from “You Never Can Taillow!” that was briefly mentioned at the start! Yeah, now we have our Chekhov's Boomerang! But wait, is Team Rocket going to save the day? Nope, it's all Dr. Tenma's idea, and he takes the credit. Pat yourself on the back, writers, you have a gift in disappointing your viewers!

A literal interpretation of the writers' competence in writing Team Rocket's characters.

Oh, and though he claims he sent the Taillow off on their way, we don't see that happening. I don't know about you, but I'm going to assume from lack of proof that they all suffocated, and in his laboratory, he'll sew up the corpses to create a monster. Hey, I wanted a Frankenstein plot, I didn't get it, so I'm making one of my own.

So in the end, this feels like an actual filler episode from the series and not a side-story that was worth telling. Team Rocket had a chance to have one of their rare heroic moments, but all we got was misunderstanding and a flock of Taillow. Is an actual mad scientist threatening the village too much to ask? Why bother pulling the wool over everyone's eyes when there's no actual villainy going on? And why robots, exactly? So the guy's too shy to make friends on his own, but using robots in your stead rarely, if ever, works. If it hadn't been for Team Rocket's brief battle with the first robot and the Taillow, there wouldn't have been any Pokémon in this episode. I guess it's been shown time and again that some places don't have Pokémon co-existing with them, but it's as though this was a script from some other show that they just decided to carry over and hastily added Team Rocket in. It really doesn't feel like Pokémon to me.

Well, we can't always get what we want. Might as well write it off as a loss and be on my way.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123