Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Showdown at the Oak Corral (008)

they've been repeated the christmas specials like crazy

and Butch's voice dosent sound gay unless he's saying 'Giovanni'
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Funny, it's only now that people have said it that I can hear a different tone to Butch's voice. I never thought he sounded gay. Then again, when I first heard his voice I was too young and naive to suspect anything of the sort.

Cool episode. I thought it was really neat to see Delia in a battle for the first time, and Oak battling again for only the second time in the series...and of course to see Tracey and Scyther join in too.

Muk looked weird though, it looked really different from when we saw Ash's Muk before.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

OMG. Butch does sound like harvey Fiernstein! *cracks up and starts humming something from La Cage aux Folles*

All the Eldershipping in this episode had me very very happy.
    Warhammer 40K Fangirl and a Wolf Lady Of Fenris!

Eldershipping isn't dead! Oak x Delia Supporter Forever!

It was a good episode,and after the motto I loved this part:

You're Cassidy,and you're bith!
    MY NAME IS BUTCH! NOT BITH!

And I would've expected Butch's voice to be less deeper.
    And Tracey sounds like fracking Alistor from Yu Gi Oh.

I saw the episode today and I guess this one was alright. Delia calling Butch Bill was pretty funny. But at the end where the nararator talks about Professor Oak reading a love poem and Delia thinks it's adressed towards her, is that in the japanese version too?

I liked this episode even though it didnt have any important events.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ
    It was a good episode,and after the motto I loved this part:

You're Cassidy,and you're bith!
    MY NAME IS BUTCH! NOT BITH!

And I would've expected Butch's voice to be less deeper.
    And Tracey sounds like fracking Alistor from Yu Gi Oh.
    Tracey said Biff not Bith in the episode.

Me miss May and Max
    I was formely known as ~Elite Frontier~

Jazlynn Guest

When is that one gonna come to the US?!?!?

Jazy

Jazlynn Guest

Default "Luvdisc isA Most Splendored Thing"

When is this episode gonna come to the US???? I would LOVE to to see this episode get aired on TV. I've seen the episode pictures and one of them is SO adorable. It's a picture of Cass and Butch holding hands and looking really happy instead of lookin evil. That picture of them looking happy really touched me. I always knew that Butch loves Cassidy. And Cassidy loves Butch. Shell! I can tell that in that picture they don't mind being that close to each other. *sniffs*

Last edited by Jazlynn; 8th November 2005 at 7:44 AM.

Jazlynn Guest

Cass' VA is always Lisa Ortiz.

both Butch and Cass RULE!!

FINALLY! MEDEA SAW THIS!

I just saw this episode a couple of hours ago and I am so very glad I saw it. This episode had some very funny moments. It's going to take me a while to get used to Cassidy's voice (but I'm sure I will). The Magikarp Salesman on the other hand...well, it was just BLAH! And finally, and most importantly, I got to see my favorite, and very sexy character, Tracey. He was just great (as he always is ^_^)

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Just watched the episodes for my site. No idea when I'll get the comparison up, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    - Why did they cut the part where Cassidy starts kicking the Nidoking and then it hurls her over the forest? The episode ended like, 2 minutes early.
    Probably because Nidoking was pretty much trying to rape Yamato. Seriously, it's one of the most disturbing scenes ever animated for the franchise, and I'm not surprised at all that 4Kids decided to cut it out.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    Probably because Nidoking was pretty much trying to rape Yamato. Seriously, it's one of the most disturbing scenes ever animated for the franchise, and I'm not surprised at all that 4Kids decided to cut it out.
    More disturbing than James with boobs or Brock licking/humping Sudowoodo?

Now I really need to see this. Someone needs to make an animated gif of that scene for those of us who are stuck watching the dub.

It's a 12-second scene, so I doubt anyone would bother to make a gif for it.

I do plan to post screenshots, though. After I figure out what's wrong with my site.

I saw the episode several times, but Phanpy is absent. Why is that?

No freakin' clue. I assume the writers just forgot about it, since it only came along in late Jouto.

-So good to see Bayleef again. Although now it kinda seems like it has a crush on Tracey.
    -Phanpy was gone, which was a major screw-up. It wasn't even seen in the transitions with the rest of the Oak'd Pokemon.
    -They butchered Cassidy, Nidoking, and the Salesman's voices.
    -Houn-Door?? Ugh as if Man-teen and Smea-Gel wasn't bad enough.
    -Bulbasaur got the spotlight, which was fine since it has been on Ash's team longer than the others.
    -Why did Oak say that Bulbasaur was his old companion? It's Ash's Pokemon.
    -It was great to see Noctowl do something and Cyndaquil and Totodile were pretty funny.

Anyways I liked this episode, despite all the mistakes so I'll give it a 8/10

Hah, I'm so slow ;; I didn't realize the Nidoqueen and Golem were fake until after we saw inside them. And then I noticed all the obvious imperfections(Nidoqueen's neckline, Golem's peephole).

Totodile assaulting Butch was entertaining, to say the least.

Noctowl doing something =D Wow, that alone made this episode worth seeing. And its X-Ray vision was awesome, which is even better.

Morose....Heh, interesting choice of words. But then again, Professor Oak has a point; not a lot rhymes with Tauros D=

Bulbasaur got the spotlight....Meh, that's alright. Though it would've been nice to have Bayleef with the main role, Bulbasaur is a decent Pokémon.

Haven't seen Butch and Cassidy in a while. Nor Tracey, for that matter, so that's nice.

Hah, I loved Butch's 'Identity Crisis' face. Though the joke gets old after a while, that expression drew a lol from me xD

Muk was huge o_o Seriously.

Dunno why, but the sight of the Tauros charging by Snorlax to get the message across amused me deeply xD

As did the slow-mo animation of Houndour coming in for a Bite, with Mr. Mime screaming xD Laughed pretty hard at that.

On that subject, isn't that one of the only Bite attacks ever attempted/used in the animé? It seems to be something of a taboo with the writers/animators, so I was surprised to see that.

Hitmontop's voice is forever awesome xD And that's twice in one day, too(Pasta La Vista).

Overall rating:
    8.0 out of 10

I rather like Pokémon-centric episodes, so I enjoyed this one a bit more than We're No Angels!, though it seemed almost overly-long.

≈*V Tsun*≈
    The 8th Champion

Default I love you Biff! xD

The only major complaint I have is that they ruined the Magikarp salesman's voice. I loved that guy. The stereotypical Mexican voice just made the character, and now, he's just an un-lovable old man. T_T

*ahem* Other than that, it was a little hard for me to adjust to Butch and Cassidy's voices. Cassidy was totally different. She sounded sweet, and that is NOT her. Butch has become a flaming, lisping homosexual (but a TOUGH one, mind you xD). But...you know, by the end of the episode, I kind of liked the voices. They grew on me. I actually think I like Butch even MORE than I did before I saw this episode. I thought B&C were pretty funny. Mostly Butch...he had some good lines.

Cassidy: I thought you were tough.
    Butch: I am. But I like dry socks.

Butch: It's following us. (the LOUDEST WHISPER EVER) I think it likes you.

Butch: Helicopter! Helicopter! Helicopter!

Plus, I liked the way he freaked when Tracey and Delia got his name wrong, and the constant theme of Butch's toughness throughout the episode.

Other than that though...Oak, Tracey, and Delia couldn't have come off as more ( I think Cassidy says it best) lame-o. They didn't really do anything besides battle Butch and Cassidy, and they really had NOTHING worthwhile to say. This episode was made for Butch and Cassidy fans. That's it.

As a Tracey fangirl I'm disappointed, but as a Butch and Cassidy fan I'm thrilled.

Team Rocketness - 10/10
    Voice Consistency - 4/10 (Cassidy and the Magikarp salesman disappointed)
    Eldershipping - 6/10
    Heroworshipping - 1/10 (Tracey has REALLY calmed down -_-)
    Neoshipping - 6/10
    Plot - 5/10

Overall Rating - 9/10 (Butch and Cassidy saved it. Other than the two of them, the episode kinda...sucked.)
    animal crossing stuffs:
    Name: Stacey
    Town: Tangelo
    Fruit: Apples, Pears, Oranges, Cherries
    FC: 4597 3797 6086

Cassidy:That'll teach you to go around getting stepped on.
    Me:Lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicolo's Depression
    -So good to see Bayleef again. Although now it kinda seems like it has a crush on Tracey.
    Ooh, Bayleef, stay away from my man!

Ha! I know I saw this back in March (in English and in Japanese) and I haven't seen it since then, so I'm going to comment some more (of whatever I missed out on saying last time).

-Butch's name (we are so going to hear so many mistakes on his name but for the time being, it is funny as hell).
    -Salesman vs Tracey (HA! Trying to rip off Tracey. I should hunt him down and kill him myself...only kidding)
    -Eldershipping (well, I have nothing against it)

That's pretty much it! Most of the time, I was screaming at the television like...

-*screams*...IT'S MY BABY!
    -Don't insult him! He's great!
    -Rip off my baby...For shame!
    -TAKE OFF YOUR TOP!

And such, this was another rant brought to you in part by Medea!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

"I've heard of you! You're Cassidy, and you're Bi-*is cut off*"

XDDDD I laughed so hard when I heard that. Did I hear that right?
    Last edited by Silver Ryu; 9th July 2006 at 4:44 AM.

This lovely banner was made by Faerie.
    My Devaintart gallery
    Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
    trouble remembering how to fly
    Oh, and I claimed Sora from the Kingdom Hearts games in the bishie thread. ^^

I think the name mess-up could have been done better, but since Butch's original name was a Japanese pun, I can't complain. What are you going to use?

Anyways, I agree that the Magikarp Salesman's voice wasn't right, but I can ignore it(bet that was his twin brother in Kanto!). What an idiot he was trying to rip off an honest trainer. I'm guessing he's the guy who, in the Red/Blue games, sells you the Magikarp in Mt. Moon's center.

Anyways, great episode, and I liked seeing Bayleef, Cyndaquil, and Noctowl again, since Ash never used them in the Hoenn League. Fresh start my...
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

I think he said Bif,then Delia said "Calm down Bill".A love poem for Bulbasaur aint that something?

How do ya figure that?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast