Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Blue Badge of Courage! (009)

Default The Blue Badge of Courage! (009)

The Blue Badge of Courage!

When Sakura comes to Cerulean Gym for a match, Misty is shocked to find there are no Cascade Badges left. She calls her sisters and finds out how to make them. Misty, Sakura & Tracey soon head off to create them. However they need to go through some challenges first. Can they defeat them?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Shiny May Guest

This special was really nice and original in my opinion. I liked that they added Sakura in a special because we haven't really seen what had come of her.
    Though i wished we got to see some more pokemon of her. Well at least we found out that she got a Beautifly. Though I wonder why Misty was shocked when she saw Beautifly. Maybe just because it was a new pokemon.

Also the teaching Psyduck how to swim parts were really nice and hilarious.

Overall I give it a 9/10

Ororo Munroe Guest

Misty, Sakura, and Tracey are three of my favorite characters so having all three in one episode is great. I really want to see this episode. It seems good and I like how it shows where the badges came from.

Gigi Guest

One thing that's bugged me for years was finally cleared up after witnessing this, and that is... Where do they get all the badges? XD; Loved this episode because Kenji, Kasumi and Sakura were all there. Joy~! :3

I really liked this episode. Kenji looks so adorable in swim trunks X3 I especially liked this episode because not only did we see where the badges come from, but Kasumi had a gym leader battle. Course, she has before, but this one just seemed much more official for some reason ^^
    || The stars rule men, but God rules the stars. ||

OWNER OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE
    Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

I like Sakura and it's really grate episod. We know how to make Badges now Kasumi is the best! I like when Kasumi has battle as gym leader. And teaching Psyduck how to swim is so cute and sweet!
    Last edited by Kasumi; 23rd February 2005 at 2:39 PM.

Umbreon > Espeon

This was a good chronicles episode. Interesting to see Sakura back along with da Trace. The ending battle for the Cascade badge was short but sweet, and I wasn't really suprised that she lost. A one on one battle would require your strongest pokémon, so I was quite suprised she didn't use Gyarados instead.

All voices were kept in this episode, including both Sakura and Daisy. Can't speak for time cuts but it seemed an error free dub episode.

What purpose did running around the block and smashing up wood have anything to do with making gym badges?

Yeah I do wonder now since Psyduck is a sucky swimmer how it will ever make for a good pokémon in that gym lol.

So they kept Sakura and Daisy's names AND remembered their voices?

THANK GOD!

I can sleep easy tonight!

There was a miner thing that annoyed me, which was when Misty was going to call out her Corsela she was holding a pokeball and not a Lure ball, this is only small.
    The second thing, which I thought was prety major was that she had three Johto badges (Zepher, the laby bird one which i cannot remember and another one) yet she said that she needed five more to enter a competition and the cascade would be one of them, but i thought that the Johto League and Indigo league badges were for different leagues. This part really annoyed me.
    Wanna chat? Just add me to your msn or AIM.
    I claim Brook/ Gentelman Skeleton in the Bishie thread (version 3.0)

Something thats bugged me is the little bit of the ending missing...
    Black - JP
    FC: 1848 9979 6673 Trainer name: Billy IDNo: 65021
    White - UK
    FC: 2537 2960 7121 Trainer name: Bella IDNo: 62467
    White2 - JP
    FC: 0819 9968 5972 Trainer name: Benny IDNo: 39588
    Black2 - UK
    FC: 4170 2407 1321 Trainer name: Britney IDNo: 09957

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter
    it seemed an error free dub episode.
    The only thing (VERY small) that I didn't like was when Misty was explaining how she knew Tracey, and said something to the effect of 'He travelled with me and Ash when we were on Orange Island'. It seemed as if she was talking about a singular island as opposed to the 'archipelago', as they liked to call it.

And another lil' thing... Now obviously they'd have more than one, because it's a water type gym, but Misty went to the poolside and fed Seel as opposed to Dewgong. Probably just a Seel as opposed to the Seel, but meh.

it good that they kept Sakura's name and voice though! It makes you wonder why they screwed up on the Raikou one?

I thought I already posted here? >.> Haven't seen the dub version, and I'm not planning on it, but at least they remembered who Sakura was. :P

After watching the original a while ago, I thought it was a pretty good episode. It was cool to see how gym badges are made, and bringing back Sakura was cool because she's a great character... and she's really cute too. I also liked that Koduck got to use its psychic attacks for the first time in quite a while. I just love the little guy. XD
    ~

As soon as Misty said "Sakura" I shouted "Thank you god!" And then her voice and Daisys voice was normal too! Anyways twas pretty good though and Pysduck can't swim But Corsola was a good battler. And Tracey was good to be seen away from the Oak.

This is one of the rare episodes that goes into the "behind the scenes" stuff we don't often see, and I like that. Another one would be the Japanese referee episode in the main series. It's always interesting to see things that have never been dealt with before, such as where badges come from and what's involved in being an official battle referee.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

scolari Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kez
    There was a miner thing that annoyed me, which was when Misty was going to call out her Corsela she was holding a pokeball and not a Lure ball, this is only small.
    The second thing, which I thought was prety major was that she had three Johto badges (Zepher, the laby bird one which i cannot remember and another one) yet she said that she needed five more to enter a competition and the cascade would be one of them, but i thought that the Johto League and Indigo league badges were for different leagues. This part really annoyed me.
    johto and kanto have the same elite four so they can have either of the badges

I missed it, when's it rerunning?

Sounds good, I've gotta see tis one to make up for the other chronicles episodes.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Blaziken master Guest

I thought it was a good episode what with espeon and psyduck and all,but I think the man's feraligatr should have played a bigger role

Just another quick question... Psyduck used confusion and disable, correct? Well as a dark type should Poochyena not have been able to fight it off, or should it have been not very effective, or is cos P'duck just plain rawks that it overpowered it? Ah, it was probably weak as heck if those two morons needed to nick badges anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by That Scary Clefairy
    it good that they kept Sakura's name and voice though! It makes you wonder why they screwed up on the Raikou one?
    Yeah. It really makes you wonder how they made so many errors in that one thing. Some other Chronicles mightn't be perfect, but none of them have as close to as many slip-ups as the Raikou thing. It makes me ashamed to be a dub-defender quite frankly.

The psychic attacks themselves did not hurt Poochyena. It was stopped in its tracks with Disable, then hurled into the tree with Confusion. Confusion didn't hurt it, but hitting the tree sure did.

Surprised nobody mentioned that when Misty was introducing Tracey to Sakura, Misty said that Tracey has "been assisting Professor Oak the last few years" since being with them in the Orange Islands. One of the rare mentions of passing time in the anime.

So we have confirmation that Johto took more than 1 year?. Ash is at least 13 then! Yay, closure!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Not if the quote wasn't the same in the original. Murg or someone will have to confirm that. But even if it wasn't the same, in this case, I think an acknowledgment of passing time by 4Kids should be considered canon, or close enough to it. We'll take what we can get in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by scolari
    johto and kanto have the same elite four so they can have either of the badges
    I thought that that was only true in the game? In the anime there in the Indigo Platue (sorry if spelt wrong) for Kanto and the Silver Conference for Johto. Can Someone please clarify this?
    Wanna chat? Just add me to your msn or AIM.
    I claim Brook/ Gentelman Skeleton in the Bishie thread (version 3.0)

You can't use the same eight badges from Kanto or Jouto to get into both leagues. >>; In the game, you battle the elite four at the same place no matter which region you started in, but in the animé the leagues are completely different and you have separate tournaments for each region. I thought that would have been evident simply by watching the show. XP
    ~

I have a quick question! The guy who makes the badges, what is his dub name? (for my own curiosity)

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast