Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Generations (All Episodes)

Default Pokémon Generations (All Episodes)

Pokémon Generations

Pokémon Generations is a series of 18 3 to 5 minutes shorts, available straight on Youtube, focused on various special instances of the games such as Championship battles, legendary Pokémon and more. Many of these episodes focus on Red and his Pikachu as they travel through the various regions.

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

The first episode was only meant to be taken as a general intro for all the regions sans Alola... Couldn't they have gotten Ikue to voice Pikachu here? Besides every other unfitting Pokemon voice, Pikachu's voice is pretty iconic. Eh, it didn't irk that much.

But episode 2? That was a treat. These cops DID bring real weaponry and even a freaking tank. The anime cops would have just stood behind their police cars for sure. Ha ha.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 16th September 2016 at 6:43 PM.

~ Older kids need demons, not Pokémon, to prove themselves. ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Special: Ace Attorney Breakdowns - 2016 Edition

So Red probably isn't the protagonist of the series, all of his scenes appear to be from his adventure montage in episode 1, and even then it was Pikachu hogging all the spotlight (who obviously has even more exposure than Red!). I didn't really like it though, it was pretty uneventful and presumably it was supposed to hype up the series and it kinda didn't.

Episode 2 was decent though. Nice to see a more modern take on the RBY story with Looker.

Episode 1 was meh, but at least it got most of the Red scenes out of the way.
    Episode 2 was good though; I guess the only thing I didn't like was how short it was. Too bad it wouldn't be a little longer.
    Apparently Serena sucks, smh -_-
    Serena as a character>>>>>>>>>>Amourshipping
    Credit to Satomine Night for the banner

Safe to say this guy here:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/th...lice_agent.png

was Looker?

The way they advertised Red and the way he was actually presented turned out to be two completely different scenarios, this is good.

The English direction needed work... but otherwise I'm happy. Looking forward to more.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

What even was that first episode? Pikachu's squeaks were jarring and it just battling everything it encountered with Red not commanding a single time was kind of dumb. It's like, why is Red even there then lol?

The second episode was a lot better. Looker is one of my favorite characters in the series so seeing him get some more love is always great. I just wish everything wasn't so serious. Gosh Looker isn't even that serious in the games. Lighten up a bit, jeez lol

They probably didn't get Ikue because there's no Pokémon Speak. I didn't mind regardless because the voice was still cute and I hate Pokémon Speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtndrew24
    spoiler ansem isnt ansem but is actually pretending to be ansem as riku inside ansem pretending to be ansem

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    What even was that first episode? Pikachu's squeaks were jarring and it just battling everything it encountered with Red not commanding a single time was kind of dumb. It's like, why is Red even there then lol?

The second episode was a lot better. Looker is one of my favorite characters in the series so seeing him get some more love is always great. I just wish everything wasn't so serious. Gosh Looker isn't even that serious in the games. Lighten up a bit, jeez lol
    Red was just there as representation for the player.

Not really sure what the hate is about episode 1, easily the stronger of the two despite the second one being quite good too. I like the Sinnoh and Unova portion of the first episode. All in all this was a great introduction and I look forward to where all this goes.

Also Red chose Bulbasaur, all is as it should be.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I do think this is less about Red and more about the world in a Gen VI look.

...I hope it remains that way for character representation, but I'll take it anyway.

Also, PLEASE, GIVE ME THAT MUSIC TRACK FOR EPISODE 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeogran View Post

was Looker?
    Ha ha ha, I would say so as well.

I'm real excited for the next 16 shorts to come out, because these two were just phenomenal. This is the best Pokémon has ever looked, and since it looks like the same studio(s) that did Origins, looks like they're taking what they learned from those specials and putting it all here. The battles Pikachu had in the first episode were really cool, so I can hardly wait to see what else is in store for future battles.

That's not to say the second episode didn't have cool scenes. I think it's a little funny how it was a kid, of all things, who ended Team Rocket and not actual professionals who were set out to put Giovanni in prison. Yet unintentionally, Red was always a step ahead of the police, while Giovanni was two steps ahead, but then tripped and had to fall back. And Looker doesn't have a clue lol. We should expect to see him in Johto soon still trailing Team Rocket.

Also that soundtrack. Hnnnnnngh.
    Winner of Best Non-Pokémon Fic of 2015 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Ugh the squeaks for pilacgu just dont work.

The second episode was okay.

I thought the first episode had a clever intro to the whole short. It made me wonder for a second. Both episodes are a fine start, and I've been convinced to see the whole series of shorts.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Pokemon Black Team: Daedalus LV.52 Metoer LV.51 Lillil LV.51 Ramses LV.52 Neptune LV.50 Atalanta LV. 49 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

Looking sweet. Can't wait for more.

I do agree that the Looker episode should've been longer, but eh, what can you do?

First episode was pretty cool, too. But I like the Looker one better.

You think we're getting 2 eps per week? Cuz i'm down with that.
    Full shiny list: x2 x2 ;714; ;778; 2 shiny hunted, 12 happened naturally (Apparently the shiny Wingull family loves me)

Game OTP: FerrisWheelShipping
    Anime OTP: RocketShipping
    Manga OTP: ChoosenShipping

Looker seemed a bit... chubby.

The shorts were pretty nice for the most part. The first episode felt like a montage clip, but I guess that's what you get when you are limited to 5 minutes. Second one looked pretty cool in that it felt far more mature than what we are accustomed to seeing in a regular Pokemon anime. I wish they lasted longer, but oh well.

It seems that I am in the minority here, because I loved both episodes. I find them much better than Pokémon Origins, even if they were very short clips.

Episode 1 was cute and dynamic, which featured fluid animations while Pikachu faced all those Pokémon. Speaking of Pikachu, it looked more similar to Game Pikachu design-wise, with the head being very round, unlike Anime Pikachu. I found that a nice touch, actually.

Episode 2 was really intense. I wished it lasted longer, though. Using Magnemite to disable the electric lock was genius, and I liked the tension that was present the whole time.

Can't wait to see more episodes!
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

DEM's true meaning: Deus Ex Machina | Fanbase's new meaning: Don't Enjoy Much

Certified Team Instinct Member

That absolute moment of shock where Pikachu tried to zap the Whopper only for all it's beliefs to crash down.

Just watched the 2 episodes. Marvelous! Nostalgia hit hard on the first one with the game itself and all. Also that music track that combined all Wild Pokémon encounter themes from the first 6 gens was definitely a plus.

The second one? Man, wished it was longer a bit. More so to incorporate the Giovanni and Silver thing from that event from HG/SS since it takes place after Giovanni disbands TR. But still, marvelous!

Can't wait for the next episodes!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeogran View Post

was Looker?
    Wow I completely forgot about that, that's actually a pretty cool reference!

Great start to this miniseries! The remixed themes were good and the animation was good.

I really like that they are expanding on the lore of the series with these. Maybe it all will "come together" in SM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Wind View Post
    That absolute moment of shock where Pikachu tried to zap the Whopper only for all it's beliefs to crash down.
    That moment where Pikachu's moveset mirrored Ash's Pikachu, including Electro Ball lol

My only issue was really Pikachu. It just looked...wrong. Too fluid in its body that it looked like it could squeeze through tiny bars if the situation called for it. Like it didn't have any bones at all. I don't know, I just didn't like it. Other than that, it was interesting with a different wave of nostalgia.
    Dare to Be Silly!

Ancienverse AU Fanfiction

Love in the Time of Teamwork
    Once every seven years there was a tournament celebrating the bonds between people and Pokemon. Of course, Serena expected Ash to want to take part, but she had no idea the ways in which it would change their lives for good or ill. She was confident, however, that by the end of that week, something between herself and Ash would be different. Amourshipping.

Firsts, Fans and Failures

A Little Give and Take

A Starlit Sibling Session About Scientific Sweethearts

Love in the Time of Turbulence

Fragmented Figments

Seconds, Skates and Science

Quietude

Love in the Time of Tribulations

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Wind View Post
    Can you blame the Kantonian Pikachu? It's not like it knew Johtonian Wooper were part Ground-type. This was surely a nod to how people would mistake a Wooper to being just Water-types.

OK, to clear up a couple things:

Episode 1 was a Pilot, mostly as a sort of fanservice to all the gens and to establish this miniseries.

Pikachu's design is like that because it's based on the modern look used in anniversary artwork, VGC events and the official YouTube Channel page. http://i.imgur.com/vUGCk7m.png

That wasn't really intended to be Red, but "The Trainer"-as in us from all that time.

with those 3 things out of the way episode 1 hit me with a massive swelling of feels. Episode 2 with Looker was pretty darn fun looking too. The Blue episode will most likely be next week.

...And this is where things get amazing, because that teaser from Tuesday ONLY SHOWED 3 EPISODES, meaning the next 15 can be anyone's guess(though we know AZ, Natural and Cyrus will be gettng eps I suppose.)

My only complaint Is now I really hope they add a "next time" kinda thing so we can get more excited for episodes the following weeks.
    Last edited by fawfulmark2; 16th September 2016 at 7:31 PM.

You know, that Pikachu sounded a bit like Togepi. Or worse: like a cat :P

Anyway, not bad. I like it more than I thought I would.

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast