Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Mega Special Animation (SP)

Default Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Mega Special Animation (SP)

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Short

As we approach the Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire launch, this short focuses on Brendan and May as they start their journey...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

So I guess Brendon got treecko after all, oh well, mudkip is still cooler in my heart.

Fun special overall, glad to see all the megas in one place, and they all looked great, and leave it to the animators to forget the "one mega per battle" rule smh.

8/10

EDIT: oh, and mega glaie can bite with a broken jaw, that's cool.
    Last edited by phanpycross; 16th November 2014 at 2:03 PM.

so i guess they'll be sticking with brendan and may for the names, instead of orlando and anna which are really weird names for the two of them imo

as for the short, i guess the scene is referring some connection to the game itself is what i can see
    Yeah I know there was a lot of hate towards Girlfriend (Kari), but I'm really not planning to drop it cause if I do that it will also mean that I'm dropping the current game I'm playing

They're the same
        Spoiler:- nothing here:

There's nothing to see here

Is Diancie getting a new move in the ORAS games, because we can clearly see her using a totally different style move in her Mega form (that we haven't seen yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Is Diancie getting a new move in the ORAS games, because we can clearly see her using a totally different style move in her Mega form (that we haven't seen yet).

That and Mlop battle where so beautifully animated. It's nice to see Ms lowbrow and it's "shelder" working together, that's quite a cool detail.
    Who said moe cant be Gar?

Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664
    Poison safari : Muk Cascoon Venomoth

I HATE the Hoenn region and its winguls with a passion that can burn steel beams. But i love move tutors, Lets see how this goes...

My favorite battles where Gallade v Diance and Lopunny v Sableye

Lopunny v Sableye narrowly beats Gallad v Diance for me

I really liked mega salamence vs pidgeot, but it was a little too short, kinda cool to see hurricane and dragon pulse again, but with diffrent animation.

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    So I guess Brendon got treecko after all, oh well, mudkip is still cooler in my heart.

Fun special overall, glad to see all the megas in one place, and they all looked great, and leave it to the animators to forget the "one mega per battle" rule smh.

8/10

EDIT: oh, and mega glaie can bite with a broken jaw, that's cool.
    Well Mudkip did go to May

Anyway all the battles were pretty awesome,especially M-Gallade vs M-Diancie and M-Salamance vs M-Pidgeot.I was actually expecting M-Salamance to be be fighting M-Metagross instead.

Quote Originally Posted by SerenaForTheWin View Post
    so i guess they'll be sticking with brendan and may for the names, instead of orlando and anna which are really weird names for the two of them imo
    They were never referred to by name in the special itself, and the credits refer to them as "Protagonist (Boy)" and "Protagonist (Girl)".

Mega Swampert looked so cool animated, as did Mega Gallade and Mega Lopunny.

This was pretty sweet, which only makes me wish it was longer.

Also, would have preferred more actual Hoenn content than just Mega Evo glorification.

It was cute and all, but I expected it to be a Mega Evolution showcase.
    That's a bummer. It had a lot of potential, but it went to waste, simply to name every single new Mega Evolution that was introduced so far... Glad we caught a glimpse of the Contests, though...
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Well the contest is the thing that Serena is doing

Well that was a bit underwhelming. Get big name seiyuu's but give them barely any lines? Come on, man. The B2W2 is still a much better promotional video for the games than this at those encompassed a lot of plot points from the game. This one was one big super advertisement for Mega Evolutions. Welp.

The beginning was cute of course and Hoenn feels more "hinterlandish" or "equatorial" here. Animation is top notched. Favorite parts was Mega Diancie and her bloody sword vs Mega Gallade, Mega Slowbro vs Mega Sharpedo, and Mega Sableye vs Mega Lopunny--super cute. Loved the small contest segment and I am eagerly awaiting for its inclusion in the XY anime. I hope Serena dresses differently, has to not only dance but also SING. We idolshit now, baby.
    Hail to the glorious fighters!

No Aqua or Magma members/10

Started out great, then it stopped being about ORAS and was all about Mega-evos.

STOP CRAMMING THAT *BEEP* DOWN OUR *BEEP* THROATS, GAMEFREAK!!

They couldn't have made that a minute or 2 longer *hopes for added scene later*
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse Wii U: Available Christmas!

The animation and the camera angles used in this special were very nice and overall the special was definately very well made. Even though I knew the special would be heavy mega- focused I still wished that they would have shown different stuff. then again more than half of ORAS promotion was new megas so I don't know what I was thinking

So somehow May ends up with two starters? What a boss.

I like how this special has nothing much to do with Hoenn and just MEGA EVOLUTION TO HIGH HEAVENS YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH HH.

...Which I actually dislike. I only liked the beginning portion. Here I wished we'd see either Brendan or May inside a truck for some reason.

I mean it's what I expected. It looks really good and covered the basics of what Ruby and Sapphire were and will be.
    Only problem is it's really short, lacks a bit of the antagonists.

7.5/10 slightly above average but nothing too spectacular.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

was Brendan with mega latios? also where were they headed with their mega latios and latias?
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

It's sad how a 2 minute ad has more potential to be good anime if they expanded it than every season with ash in it put together.

Given the anime itself is slow to show off mega evolutions, I think its reasonable that this promo animation focused heavily on showing fans the new megas in full motion anime form. That promo for B2/W2 had a new storyline to advertise as its main focus, but ORAS is a remake of a old storyline so they focused heavily on the new megas.

That's an awesome screenshot. Are there more of that size? It's hard to get an appreciation for some of the battles with how fast everything moves. I'd also like to see a large version of that image with all the megas. Apologies if this is asking too much.
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan View Post
    I'd also like to see a large version of that image with all the megas.
    Is it this one that you wanted.
        Spoiler:- :

Are there more of that size?
    Well not a problem for me, as i have downloaded that video from Youtube, and i have "VLC Player" which lets me easily capture any frame shots i want, one frame at a time (i can even watch at any speed i desire from the minimum play speed of 0.03x to 31.25x speed at max).
    Apologies if this is asking too much.
    No Problem.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 16th November 2014 at 6:55 PM.

Is it this the one you wanted.

Well not a problem for me, as i have downloaded that video from Youtube, and i have "VLC Player" which lets me easily capture any frame shots i want, one frame at a time (i can even watch at any speed i desire from the minimum play speed of 0.03x to 31.25x speed at max).

No Problem.
    Mega salamence looks so adorable when he isn't flying, I'm loving it's design from this angle.
    Who said moe cant be Gar?

Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664
    Poison safari : Muk Cascoon Venomoth

I HATE the Hoenn region and its winguls with a passion that can burn steel beams. But i love move tutors, Lets see how this goes...

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    I really liked mega salamence vs pidgeot, but it was a little too short, kinda cool to see hurricane and dragon pulse again, but with diffrent animation.
    I think that was "Dragon Breath".

Here is another one,
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 16th November 2014 at 7:02 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast