Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OakNapped! (010)

You have to admire this episode for its pure stupidity, who couldn't laugh at Professer Oak the whole time? The whole group was pratically laughing at him! And oh yeah Butch's reactions were funny too when they f*cked up his name again like usual.

So his Tailow is now called "Rose" and there is a mentioning of Richie training an Eevee at present, but unbelievabley it's not mentioned in the Japanese version, so why did they do that? Maybe the writers will save them from embarresment give him an Eevee so it stops us moaning at them or something.

Tracey and Richie sounded the same as they always do, so no muckups from a the voice actors point of view.

So overall really great episode! Both the battling and humor, and perhaps seeing Professor Oak get owned a few times (hair getting set on fire etc lolololol!).

Quote Originally Posted by ~Bayleef~
    Sparky > Leon
    Yer Sparky's the name of my cat, go Sparky!

Sharpshooter... dude. o_o

Rose's Japanese name was Rozu. ._. It's always been Rose, basically.

There aren't really that many dub errors in the Chronicles episodes, it was just the "Legend of Thunder!" episodes. Tut tut, they gave a bad name to the series...
    Someone sure missed quite abit of stuff that 4Kids decided to tinker with in a couple of other Chronicles episodes. >_>

And as I was saying, it's stupid that they decide to only rename Leon yet keep Zippo and Rose's names. Was it even really necessary to decide to make it into a stupid cutesy pun? :|

And man, Yamato's assests are rather noticable in this episode. >_>;;

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Factory Head Noland Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    And man, Yamato's assests are rather noticable in this episode. >_>;;
    Lol.

I prefer Sparky over Leon, it just seems like a better name for an Electric type mouse.
    Leon, to me, yells physical strength and a Pikachu doesn't have that much physical strength...

Leon, to me, yells physical strength
    Funny, Leon yells Kingdom Hearts angsty goth boy from FFVIII to me. >_> No physical strength there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Sharpshooter... dude. o_o

Rose's Japanese name was Rozu. ._. It's always been Rose, basically.
    I never said it wasn't called Rose, it was fact stated from someone who never saw the original version in the first place. Either that or I forgot lol.

Funny, Leon yells Kingdom Hearts angsty goth boy from FFVIII to me. >_> No physical strength there.
    :x

Squall. I believe they changed his name to Leon in Kingdom Hearts. >_> (Squall LEONhart was his name in FF8, I believe.)

>_>;

I think Sparky may not have been a 4Kids change, but to be consistant with the Viz translation of the Ono manga.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Ok, hang on a second. I am lost here. Since when was Sparky's name 'Leon'?

In all the episodes I've seen with Richie and Sparky I have never heard the name 'Leon' once. Is it a direct translation of his Japanese name, or what? Where did the name 'Leon' suddenly crop out of?

Sorry to be a pain, but now I'm intrigued. (Sparky has a dual identity... I knew there was something about it I didn't like...)

Quote Originally Posted by Batdude
    Ok, hang on a second. I am lost here. Since when was Sparky's name 'Leon'?

In all the episodes I've seen with Richie and Sparky I have never heard the name 'Leon' once. Is it a direct translation of his Japanese name, or what? Where did the name 'Leon' suddenly crop out of?

Sorry to be a pain, but now I'm intrigued. (Sparky has a dual identity... I knew there was something about it I didn't like...)
    Leon is his Japanese name.

I'm annoyed that the Chronicles people keep making up new ways for the characters to mess up Butch's name. In the Japanese version, they *ALWAYS* call Kosaburou "Kosanji," and in the dub of the regular series, they *ALWAYS* call Butch "Botch." It's just inconsistent to be calling him "Bob" or "Bip" or whatever other names they've been calling him.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    I think Sparky may not have been a 4Kids change, but to be consistant with the Viz translation of the Ono manga.
    The dubbed version of the Kanto League came out in October 1999, while Viz's translation of that part of the manga came out in 2000. So Viz was just being consistent with the anime, not the other way around.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    I'm annoyed that the Chronicles people keep making up new ways for the characters to mess up Butch's name. In the Japanese version, they *ALWAYS* call Kosaburou "Kosanji," and in the dub of the regular series, they *ALWAYS* call Butch "Botch." It's just inconsistent to be calling him "Bob" or "Bip" or whatever other names they've been calling him.
    Actually, not always. Back in th Whirl Islands, Misty called Butch 'Buzz'.

Oh. Well, I haven't seen any of the Whirl Island eps (I'm trying to keep up with the episodes airing on Cartoon Network at the moment), so I hadn't known about that.

I've heard that a number of scenes were rearranged in this episode for no reason. Which, if true, really makes me wish I wasn't stuck with a 56K connection for the summer so that I could be writing up Episode Comparisons for these episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu
    Her breast were huge, weren't they? *hi fives shuckle and batdude*
    *sigh*
    Boys... -_-
    Black - JP
    FC: 1848 9979 6673 Trainer name: Billy IDNo: 65021
    White - UK
    FC: 2537 2960 7121 Trainer name: Bella IDNo: 62467
    White2 - JP
    FC: 0819 9968 5972 Trainer name: Benny IDNo: 39588
    Black2 - UK
    FC: 4170 2407 1321 Trainer name: Britney IDNo: 09957

I'm sorry but compare to the amount of guys that act like guys compared to the VAST amount of yaoi fangirls. The girls outweigh all of the guys. ;\

Quote Originally Posted by poke_girl
    *sigh*
    Boys... -_-
    I suppose if Ash had a buldge sticking out of his pants in every episode you wouldn't be complaining now would you?

I'm sorry but compare to the amount of guys that act like guys compared to the VAST amount of yaoi fangirls. The girls outweigh all of the guys. ;\
    Yaoi Fanboys like me are outnumbered by EVERYONE. XD

But seriously. If you look at any Ash Club ANYWHERE, 95% of the posts are made up of rude and suggestive comments. D: Just as bad, in my opinion.

OMG PHEOBE NEEDS TO APPEAR BECAUSE SHE HAS BEWBS

Okay, I'm done.

*cough* ANYWAY...

Does anyone know what scenes were rearranged for this episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu
    Her breast were huge, weren't they? *hi fives shuckle and batdude*

Ha, Alfonso your Butch.

Well in the whole anime Butch has been called so many names they ran out one time they called him: Bip. Remember? You now in Showdown at the Oak Crowal.(sp?)
    they were bigger then Sparky's head in one scene!

I love the way the always forget Butch's name!
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    *cough* ANYWAY...

Does anyone know what scenes were rearranged for this episode?
    If memory serves, there was no Butch and Cassidy scene before Tracey talked to Mary over the phone (I'm going according to the pics on the site here).

Also, there was one long scene in the van with Butch and Cassidy where they went over their plan and talked about Professor Nanba. According to the pictures, these two scenes were divided by Ritchie, Tracey and co. Now, I could be completely and utterly wrong here, but that's what I remember.

An episode with Tracey and Prof Oak is a v. good one, in my opinion (my two favourite characters)! Ritchie, however, got on my nerves. I mean, what police officer takes commands from a ten-year old kid?! Butch and Cassidy were great, and I think the battle is one of the better non-league battles that have been done. Professor Oak added a nice laugh factor to it as well.
    Last edited by Trillian; 15th July 2005 at 2:20 PM.
    Sing yourself on down the street
    Sing yourself right off your feet
    Sing yourself away from victory
    And from defeat

Poor excuse for a shiny banner made by me, photo credit to Ralph Larmann

Is it possible--AT ALL--for people to just finally decide to shut the hell up about names and talk about the actual episode?

I liked the part where Rose didn't know what a Pidgeot was, so Tracey drew one for it. It was interesting to establish that some Pokemon have never seen some other species before, especially if they originate in different regions.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Is it possible--AT ALL--for people to just finally decide to shut the hell up about names and talk about the actual episode?

I liked the part where Rose didn't know what a Pidgeot was, so Tracey drew one for it. It was interesting to establish that some Pokemon have never seen some other species before, especially if they originate in different regions.
    Uh, no. Because it's PART of the episode. ._.

A small part, but a part nontheless.

~Bayleef~ don't try and act like Ketsuban, it dosent suit you and it makes things more confusing

but it was a good ep
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Wow, what point are you lot trying to make? *coughs*

Anyway, on topic. This episode was alright, the "Botch" joke always makes me giggle. And I liked Sableye and Mightyena. Richie seemed too much like a know-it-all convienient kid.

Factory Head Noland Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ShucklemasterJ
    ~Bayleef~ don't try and act like Ketsuban, it dosent suit you and it makes things more confusing

but it was a good ep
    You obviously don't know what a lot of members are doing...[/insidejoke]
    You should check important topics more.

I saw the part were Zippo's Flamethrower got Oak and he set on fire, hilarious!

[img135]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/Petalburg/RunOakRun.jpg[/img135]

Mwhahaha!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast