Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OakNapped! (010)

Quote Originally Posted by ~Bayleef~
    You obviously don't know what a lot of members are doing...[/insidejoke]
    Inside joke or not, that sort of crap is not and will never be acceptable in any forum I mod. Next offender gets a week's vacation from the forums.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    A small part
    Exactly my point. It's such a small part of the episode, yet it always dominates the discussions here.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    I'm annoyed that the Chronicles people keep making up new ways for the characters to mess up Butch's name. In the Japanese version, they *ALWAYS* call Kosaburou "Kosanji," and in the dub of the regular series, they *ALWAYS* call Butch "Botch." It's just inconsistent to be calling him "Bob" or "Bip" or whatever other names they've been calling him.
    Hell, I don't really like how everyone in the original version has started calling him Kosanji all of a sudden. It used to be only Kojirou that would make that mistake, but now that everyone does it it's just not special anymore. :/
    ~

Sure it's special. It's a running gag.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Factory Head Noland Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    Some of you lot are driving away good friendly people just because they may not type in proper english. There is nothing wrong with not typing in proper english and some people may not be able to help it as English is not their native tongue.
    Who did anything wrong, Murg? Check the new rule...

I'm finally gonna see this episode today (I hope).

I've said it before and I'll say it again, The "Legend of Thunder!" episodes have given a bad name to all the Pokemon Chonicles episodes, everyone is asking if there are any name changes or 00ber mistakes but there aren't really that many mistakes in the other epsiodes (up until now that is).

It's weird seeing Mary again, she hasn't made an appearance for ages. Ironically "Will The Real Oak Please Stand Up?" was on Sky One this morning and this episode is on this afternoon, 2 Mary episodes?! What a treat...

I think it's great that there are returning characters in this episode, it's good to see how Richie is doing and Mary for that matter.

Bayleef, you keep forgetting the mistakes in the Takeshi special, which makes it FIVE "episodes" they've screwed up on.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by ~Bayleef~
    Who did anything wrong, Murg? Check the new rule...
    New rule or no new rule, what you posted is spam. Further, it was befouling my forum.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Factory Head Noland Guest

Actually I wrote a comment in 1337 which I would've included in my post, the only thing wrong was the spelling. My post was about the episode itself therefore was not SPAM.
    You say I'm SPAMing but where abouts is this episode is in your post? I thought even Mods had to follow the rules...
    I followed the new rule, posts don't need to written in proper English. End.

I wish they hadn't of cut out the scenes in "A Family That Battles Together Stays Together!", they were important scenes where Brock left Onix, Geodude and Crobat.
    Were there any scenes cut out of this episode?

I'm loving the Butch name mistake, a gag that never gets old, lol.

One thing I was quite surprised at in this ep was the strength of Sableye. It really is true that strength in the game =/= strength in the animé. It was fast enough, and it had pretty good scratch/fury swipes which you'd never expect from a Sableye normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Batdude
    I thought the battling at the end of this was the best part. I'm gonna assume that the dub changed a few things in this. Appartently Richie has an Eevee. Was that in the original? He wanted to talk to Oak about how to evolve his Eevee. Butch had some pretty good facial expressions here too. I nearly felt like smacking Richie when Tracey mentioned that Ash had a Taillow and he said 'Yeah, we tend to catch alot of the same Pokémon' . Of course you do, clone. I tell ya, if Richie and May had a kid there is a very high chance that it just might BE Ash with all the obvious similarities. As hard as I try, I just can't really like Richie. There's just something about him that gets to me. And I just LOVED when Tracey was like 'Yeah, he beat Ash!'. Not.

Mary's cute enough, and in one shot Cassidy's 'assets' were much larger looking. The whole Pokérus thing was cool too, that they acknowledge it in the show.
    Thats what I heard when I watched it last night. Hopefully its not an error made by the dubbers!?
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Blazikens#1Fan Guest

Default Oaknapped!

The Movie was auesome! I have it on tape!!!!!! Unfotunatly my brother left it at an evil babysitters!

Just saw this episode a couple of hours ago and for the most part (Tracey) it was pretty cool. And even though it such an annoying gag with forgetting Butch's name, I still had to laugh every time somebody screwed up his name. And at the end when Tracey is going to play a game called I Wouldn't Eat That If I Were You...weird. Almost makes me feel sorry!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

This episode is one of the best Chronicles eps around.

Look at the second pic here.
    Uh....I think I'll wait until I actually SEE the episode before I look at those pics of Cassidy's you-know-whats. I'm not a pervert.

Funny, Leon yells Kingdom Hearts angsty goth boy from FFVIII to me.
    (Takes custom Keyblade and bricks Edward Elric over the head with it.) You diss one of Kingdom Hearts' major characters, you diss me. Go ahead and say Leon has no physical strength after he chops you to atoms with his glowing gunblade!

Anyways, I wouldn't have cared if the dubbers changed Leon's name to Yusuke Yamato the 3rd, as long as it was a good name.

I don't care about the Eevee(Richie/Hiroshi probably had more Pokemon than Gary/Shigeru), but WTH is Harpo(his Pupitar)? I hope it shows up in later Chronicles episodes with him. Richie is an interesting character that Ash forgot about. Maybe Ash was trying to forget Richie after that humiliating disqualification he was given in the Indigo League and the horrible ordeal of watching Dr. Nanba nearly turn his Pikachu into a fighting machine.
    Last edited by C.J. Ray; 30th July 2006 at 3:32 PM.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

By the way guys...Hiroshi's Pikachu's name is pronounced like Lay-on, not Lee-on. That's why I opt to write his name out with the accent over the e (producing Léon).
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Butch's fear of Nanba experimenting on him and Cassidy sort of makes you think the less they have to do with him the better, doesn't it?

Hmm too many flashbacks.

-Judai

In the dub Richie came to get advice on how to evolve his eevee, what was the reason in the original?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I really enjoyed this special. It ranked just behind "We're No Angels" for my favorite specials so far. I don't know exactly why I enjoyed it, but it was good. My two cents:

-- I enjoyed seeing Richie again. Yes, there's actually someone out there who likes Richie and doesn't give a care about the clone c**p people accuse him of. I liked him here, and I'm looking forward to his two starring specials. I did snicker when Richie actually admitted that he and Ash tend to catch the same pokemon. LOL
    -- At least Richie's pokemon names have gotten better over the years (Cruise and Rose are pretty good).
    -- I never get sick of hearing Butch's name botched. It was nice to see Butch and Cassidy's Hoenn pokemon for the first time too.
    -- Nice seeing Nanba again. He was just plain weird, but I like the way the voice actor does his voice.
    -- Huh, "pokerus" is pronounced with a short u. I always thought it was pronounced like "moose". Not only that, I thought the "rus" came from Ruby/Sapphire and not virus. Well, I guess it makes a lot more sense now.
    -- DJ Mary wasn't as entertaining as she was in her first two episodes, but at least everyone else was great.

Overall, 8.5/10. It's funny how next week will be the last time we see Togepi until the Kanto Christmas episodes.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

This episode was good.It was good to see Richie, Sparky, Butch, and Cassidy again although I can't say the same for Dr. Namba (I never really liked him anyway). It's always hilarious when everyone pronounces Butch's name wrong. Nice to see Richie has a Taillow. Funny how Butch and Cassidy tortured Oak. It was also hilarious when Oak's head got burned.

If memory serves, did Dr. Namba talk about Pokerus (that special virus in the games)? It was kinda hard to understand him.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

It was nice seeing Butch and Cassidy again. I loved their motto: Here's our mission so you better listen..... Richie got on my nerves though. I did however, find it funny when he said that him and Ash tend to catch the same pokemon.

I thought it was a great episode. When I found out about the Chronicles, I couldn't wait to see them, so I bought the set off of eBay. =]. I really liked seeing some of the old cast again. I wish we could have seen Richie's Eevee though.....I wonder what he evloved it to......Poor Oak, he's head caught fire....he never gets a break....lol, I thought that sceen was funny. I also learned an important lesson from the show: never compete in a TV show titled 'I Woundn't Eat That If I Were You', you might just go to bed with a stomach ach......and they say Pokemon isn't educational, yeah right.....

~my lovely twin is: XxM!styxX~beautiful banner by the talented:Skiyomi~
    I'm currently looking for a mint/near mint Umbreon card from any deck. Contact me if interested.

Just a note, Richie has no Eevee; that was just added to the dub.

After watching this episode, I realise Richie is smarter than Ash. Anyway, It's a good episode, Butch and Cassidy are as good as Jessie and James, and I liked Prof.Oak talking about the pokerus. Nice one.
    ·.·´Ż`·.·Forum Rules | Signature Rules | FAQ·.·´Ż`·.·

"I love you as the plant that never blooms / but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
    thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance, / risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body..."

(Pablo Neruda, Chilean Poet)

I would love to see a whole Pokemon series with just Richie, he also makes a great ?detective.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast