Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Date With Delcatty! (011)

Well, at least after this special it'll be weeks before we see Misty again (not counting next week's re-airing). This special was pretty good, but I still like the first Misty special the best so far. And I really enjoyed seeing Casey again. She's the pokemon character I can identify with the most. My two cents:

-- I'm starting to get a little bored with all the Butch and Cassidy episodes, and we've still got a bunch more. At least they can be entertaining (especially with the running gag about Butch's name), but I'm still a bigger fan of the Team Rocket trio we see all the time.
    -- That guy who had the crush on Misty was really sweet. I like that in the end he ended up sharing his ticket with Casey (and they sang the Electabuzz theme song together).
    -- Yay, confusionshipping! I haven't seen Psyduck/Misty material in such a long time, I've missed it. Psyduck was so cute in that one scene with Misty and the boy.
    -- Wow, what a refreshing change to only have one of Misty's annoying sisters around. At least now I'll be able to tell Daisy apart from the other two (it's only slightly less hard than the eevee sisters). I can see where the whole Tracey/Daisy shipping started around here as well.

Anyway, 7/10. At least next week is the one I've been ****DYING**** to see for the last three years.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut View Post
    -- Yay, confusionshipping! I haven't seen Psyduck/Misty material in such a long time, I've missed it. Psyduck was so cute in that one scene with Misty and the boy.
    -- Wow, what a refreshing change to only have one of Misty's annoying sisters around. At least now I'll be able to tell Daisy apart from the other two (it's only slightly less hard than the eevee sisters). I can see where the whole Tracey/Daisy shipping started around here as well.
    I was looking forward to the Psyduck scene too and IMO, Psyduck helped saved the Delcatty episode from being really sucky. As for the Tracey/Daisy shipping, it gets added to in the Japanese version with a scene that shows Tracey fixing a leak and Daisy being impressed by it. For whatever reason, the scene got cut from the 4Kids dub.
    Last edited by Nathan Madien; 8th August 2006 at 5:16 AM.
    November 11, 1918 - At the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, the Great War ends. At 5 a.m. that morning, Germany, bereft of manpower and supplies and faced with imminent invasion, signed an armistice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car outside Compiégne, France. The First World War left nine million soldiers dead and 21 million wounded, with Germany, Russia, Austria-Hungary, France, and Great Britain each losing nearly a million or more lives. In addition, at least five million civilians died from disease, starvation, or exposure.

Cardcaptor Sakura - Celebrating Ten Magical Anime Years

All the Tracey/Daisy stuff is dub added crap by 4kids.

Tracey and Daisy NEVER talk about going to dinner together in the Japanese version. It's just sad how many people got tricked into thinking about this thanks to 4kids.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    All the Tracey/Daisy stuff is dub added crap by 4kids.

Tracey and Daisy NEVER talk about going to dinner together in the Japanese version. It's just sad how many people got tricked into thinking about this thanks to 4kids.
    4Kids did the same thing with the first Professor Oak hoso. They totally made up him making a love poem for Delia. Watching 4Kids dub the hosos as a whole, I get the impression that they just don't care about either quality or even sticking to the original plot points. They just butcher it and make up their own plot points.
    Last edited by Nathan Madien; 8th August 2006 at 5:15 AM.
    November 11, 1918 - At the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, the Great War ends. At 5 a.m. that morning, Germany, bereft of manpower and supplies and faced with imminent invasion, signed an armistice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car outside Compiégne, France. The First World War left nine million soldiers dead and 21 million wounded, with Germany, Russia, Austria-Hungary, France, and Great Britain each losing nearly a million or more lives. In addition, at least five million civilians died from disease, starvation, or exposure.

I know, the bad part is the shippers who didn't know they were dub lines took these things seriously only to be proven wrong.

There were actually some people a while ago that thought Tracey/Daisy was canon, that was until they were proven wrong and that there is nothing between the two in the original. Most people just jumped onto it to combat Orangeshipping, only to have it blow up in their faces.

Oh really, who cares if shipping lines are added in? I like those moments, like in the sixth movie (even though I'm not a pokeshipper) and the first Professor Oak special (ditto on eldershipping). They make for sweet moments.
    To reclaim:

Default Misty Love

I haven't found the name for Misty+Giorgio shipping. So what was it about Misty that made Giorgio fall in love with her from afar? I'm betting it was the shorts. Giorgio's pretty lousy at technique though. I don't blame Misty for her reaction; how else would you react if a total stranger suddenly showed up and told you he was in love with you? And I hear that in the Japanese version the note was so badly written she mistook it for a death threat. REALLY bad technique, then.

Hmm, so the Cerulean Sisters are back and yet Misty is STILL staying on as Gym Leader? I think that's an indication that it's really over between her and Ash. If Ash really meant a lot to her she would've either forced the sisters to clean up their act or looked through Cerulean City to find a worthy successor for the water gym, and then she would've rushed to Ash's side. Instead she's sticking around to be gym leader. In the dub anyway they have been making a running gag of people thinking Tracy is her boyfriend. I think pokeshipping all but died in "Pokemon Heroes", when Ash met Latias. Now Orangeshipping is prevailing for Misty.

I like Casey. She has so much enthusiasm for her time; she could star in "Fever Pitch". I always laugh at the running gag of her freaking people out with her fight song. So...just what would Casey have been willing to do to get that ticket?

Team Rocket infiltrating MosBurger? Scary.

So in the end Giorgio winds up with Casey, and Tracey winds up with Daisy, hopefully briefly. And Misty winds up spending a weekend night all alone at her gym? Who would believe that? I hope OrangeShipping or some other shipping kicks in for her. She's too goodlooking to wind up alone.

I think Misty just knows how highly incompetent her sisters are as gym leaders, and thinks the gym's better off with her in charge. Otherwise, people are going to be getting gym badges like candy.
    To reclaim:

Default Existential Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut View Post
    I think Misty just knows how highly incompetent her sisters are as gym leaders, and thinks the gym's better off with her in charge. Otherwise, people are going to be getting gym badges like candy.
    But that seems like a nightmare existence for Misty. She HAS to be gym leader because her sisters totally can't do it. What kind of a life is that?

She obviously doesn't mind as she's as cheery and upbeat in the specials.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    She obviously doesn't mind as she's as cheery and upbeat in the specials.
    That's why she is better off sticking with the gym. I think she is happier running the Cerulean gym and showing off her great skills then she is being Ash's cheerleader and seldom doing much beyond that.

Default Agreed there

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Madien View Post
    That's why she is better off sticking with the gym. I think she is happier running the Cerulean gym and showing off her great skills then she is being Ash's cheerleader and seldom doing much beyond that.
    I had forgotten about that: May has her own contest competitions to fight for, but Misty didn't have anything more to do than cheer in the background. I do think it would be best for her to stick with the gym and be happy with it. I'm an Altoshipping guy and so I don't think there's any hope for Ash-Misty. Misty really should see if she can make anything with Tracey or Giorgio.

The was my second favorite Pokemon Chronicle episode

The only things I didn't like about the ep were:

- Daisy being too vain to force Tracey to help her out
    - Misty feeling a bit left out in the end of the ep

Quote Originally Posted by Inkan1969 View Post
    I had forgotten about that: May has her own contest competitions to fight for, but Misty didn't have anything more to do than cheer in the background. I do think it would be best for her to stick with the gym and be happy with it. I'm an Altoshipping guy and so I don't think there's any hope for Ash-Misty. Misty really should see if she can make anything with Tracey or Giorgio.
    Sadly, Misty doesn't seem to have much luck with either. Tracey ended up with Daisy and Giorgio ended up with Casey. That leaves Misty with her Togepi and hapless Psyduck.

What do you mean that Tracey ended up with Daisy? It's not as though they're a couple or anything

Quote Originally Posted by STJ View Post
    What do you mean that Tracey ended up with Daisy? It's not as though they're a couple or anything
    Maybe not in the romantic sense, but they were definitely together in the Delcatty episode.

^ Do you mean, that dub-added crap about the dinner? :P
    Banner by me

[Claims] Shiryu from Saint Seya (bishie) | Raimundo from Xiaolin Showdown (cartoon bishie) | Heart of Sword from Rurouni Kenshin (anime song)

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    ^ Do you mean, that dub-added crap about the dinner? :P
    Yes, and no. Yes in the sense that 4Kids added uncanonized stuff into the Delcatty episode; no in the sense that Daisy and Tracey were technically together while Misty was off trying to get things sorted out on her "date".

It's a good chapter overall. I liked the how meganiumu defeated easily team rocket. On the other hand, Misty shouldn't have a boyfriend, she'd better focus on her training as Gym Leader. I feel sorry for the guy who wanted to date Misty, though.
    ·.·´Ż`·.·Forum Rules | Signature Rules | FAQ·.·´Ż`·.·

"I love you as the plant that never blooms / but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
    thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance, / risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body..."

(Pablo Neruda, Chilean Poet)

Another good Misty episode and I really like Cassey, it's nice to see Misty is staying fateful to Ash. Also poor Tracey getting shoehorned into clean and fixing the Cerulean Gym, but I guess it's hard to say no to 3 cute girls.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

This episode was awesome I loved the clothes the boy that liked Misty had on

~*Olivertwist*~
    [IMG]http://i25.*******.com/iz99n8.png[/IMG]

I wonder who Psyduck was talking about when the boy asked Misty If she liked someone...... *cough ash cough* hehe....
    ;[

what happened.

I just watched this episode. It's strange how the dub completely ignored the subtle Pokeshipping hint. They made it look like Misty only blushed in embarrassment of going out on a date with a random guy!

And I thought 4Kids supported Pokeshipping.
    [IMG]http://i32.*******.com/1zg6tdu.jpg[/IMG]
    THE POWER IS ON!

PSSSBMQ clan member with MistyMix89, Cap D. Blue, Chelc, and EXP:282

This was great!
    HeartGold

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast