Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky (023)

I can't tell who's voicing Chatot. At least the original voice actors reprised their roles. The sea of time reminds me of how of an episode of One Piece where the Straw Hats rode a water vortex up to these islands in the sky. It's pretty similar.

The temple is a ship? That seems pretty cool.

Oh look, Dusknoir and Sableye appear to stop them from defeating Dialga.

Oh, now they're frozen in time? Well, they don't seem to be doing much anyway but I would've loved to see Wigglytuff use Hyper Voice again.

Dusknoir just stands there and talks about what he should be doing. An awesome fusion of water and fire.

Dusknoir is trying to suck up PokéPals in a dark vortex. Dialga was just touched by w Shadow Ball/Energy Ball/Whirlpool/Flame Thrower combination attack.

Grovyle goes back to the future with Dusknoir and gives up the Time Gears. Now Piplup and Chimchar are crying over Grovyle leaving.

That's a very unimpressive ship. I really wished they showed the battle with Dialga.

Overall, a very nice special.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

The special ended like 7 mins. ago, It was good. They did change some guild voices. Sunflora sounded like Dawn with a higher pitched voice, Chatot just sounded different, but still had that geeky tone...Chimchar's voice sounds like the actor hit puberty a little but it was the same voice actor from before, and everyone else that was in the last special had the same voice. It was a good special. But that was everyone's only chance to catch it on TV(Or so we know). I'm sure people on YouTube will throw up the english version soon.

Any news on when the DVD will be released?

Small pic made by me.
    With Every Black Knight

There's A White One Too!

Err...Or Silver..XD

Shoot, I really wanted to see the epic battle against Dialga. Why must it be wasted with Piplup and Grovyle's conversation on what's gonna happen to them?

REMEMBER: It's to promote the upcoming game guys. I've been through that phase already last year...

Small pic made by me.
    With Every Black Knight

There's A White One Too!

Err...Or Silver..XD

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    I can't tell who's voicing Chatot. At least the original voice actors reprised their roles. The sea of time reminds me of how of an episode of One Piece where the Straw Hats rode a water vortex up to these islands in the sky. It's pretty similar.

The temple is a ship? That seems pretty cool.

Oh look, Dusknoir and Sableye appear to stop them from defeating Dialga.

Oh, now they're frozen in time? Well, they don't seem to be doing much anyway but I would've loved to see Wigglytuff use Hyper Voice again.

Dusknoir just stands there and talks about what he should be doing. An awesome fusion of water and fire.

Dusknoir is trying to suck up PokéPals in a dark vortex. Dialga was just touched by w Shadow Ball/Energy Ball/Whirlpool/Flame Thrower combination attack.

Grovyle goes back to the future with Dusknoir and gives up the Time Gears. Now Piplup and Chimchar are crying over Grovyle leaving.

That's a very unimpressive ship. I really wished they showed the battle with Dialga.

Overall, a very nice special.

At the Chatot part, I do too, but thanks a lot CN for squashing up the credits due to those crappy previews that weren't even necessary we may never find out. It sounded weird to not hear Maddie and can't you believe it'll have been a year in a couple of months?

Grovyle just sounds way too sexy for my part and secondly he reminded me of Kratos Aurion from Tales of Symphonia. Dusknoir wasn't terrible as I thought; even if it were a little deep. I recognized Ash's voice from Wigglytuff (yes, Sarah) Wow, I think I'm really getting interested in hearing other actors and actresses. I nearly teared up in the end (yes, who says a 20 year old can't cry?) because it reminded me of something in the past as well how parting brings sorrow.

Why is it always the introduction before a show that starts always gets me? The cheerful vibe and partners battling and running in scenes with dramatic/exciting music playing in the background? I just wish we could get a MD anime of its own (maybe we could if TPCI could create it.) and the climax was touching too. I wonder why Croagunk never left the Shop and Swap in the guild? And where on earth is Dugtrio? Anyways, seeing the darkness looming across the sky was kind of frightening and cool at the same time. An exhilarating special comes to an end and here's to the next installment whenever that is! Whether it be 2010 or not!

(Ya know, I wouldn't mind a short comic strip that spans in between each chapter of the game.)

I wouldn't either. I made a whole topic about wanting it to be an anime last year. The beginning reason I exist here and now on the forums because of an MD special...xD

Small pic made by me.
    With Every Black Knight

There's A White One Too!

Err...Or Silver..XD

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonMDTfan View Post
    The special ended like 7 mins. ago, It was good. They did change some guild voices. Sunflora sounded like Dawn with a higher pitched voice, Chatot just sounded different, but still had that geeky tone...Chimchar's voice sounds like the actor hit puberty a little but it was the same voice actor from before, and everyone else that was in the last special had the same voice. It was a good special. But that was everyone's only chance to catch it on TV(Or so we know). I'm sure people on YouTube will throw up the english version soon.

Any news on when the DVD will be released?
    I read on an add in game stop that if you pre order PMD sky you get the dvd.

Quote Originally Posted by DextriuX View Post
    thank you for the information. hopefully someone will stream (or upload) it online and then we can figure out who the actors were.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonMDTfan View Post
    I wouldn't either. I made a whole topic about wanting it to be an anime last year. The beginning reason I exist here and now on the forums because of an MD special...xD
    True. I remember years ago when the first special came, I read on bulbapedia that there were episodes of the series itself, however truth behold that never came to be.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    thank you for the information. hopefully someone will stream (or upload) it online and then we can figure out who the actors were.

True. I remember years ago when the first special came, I read on bulbapedia that there were episodes of the series itself, however truth behold that never came to be.
    Welcome! I hated chatots voice so I hope they got a better one. I've been refreshing youtube ever since I heard it came on today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DextriuX View Post
    Yeah. I preordered it a month ago and picked up the DVD a couple days ago. I had come in to place a preorder for the strategy guide and found out that they now had the DVDs ready. In other words, it's true.
    Am I imagining things or does Chimchar sound exactly like Barry?
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    yeah. I preordered it a month ago and picked up the dvd a couple days ago. I had come in to place a preorder for the strategy guide and found out that they now had the dvds ready. In other words, it's true.
    Am i imagining things or does chimchar sound exactly like barry?
    i knew he sounds familiar! That voice couldn't escape me!

i knew he sounds familiar! That voice couldn't escape me!
    Now that you mention it, kinda. I've only seen one episode with Barry in it.

Man, I totally f'ed things up. I missed the special. Stupid college applications...

So I'll have to wait for it to get up on YouTube (assuming I can get the damn site to work...).

Now being reposted!

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonHero View Post
    Man, I totally f'ed things up. I missed the special. Stupid college applications...

So I'll have to wait for it to get up on YouTube (assuming I can get the damn site to work...).
    Do you get Satellite television? (Like Direct TV) If so, you can always view CNwest. Ya know, perhaps I could record the episode on my laptop with the webcam. Nah, that wouldn't work. And didn't anyone else get that "HD Available wherever" on the screen?

Do you get Satellite television? (Like Direct TV) If so, you can always view CNwest. Ya know, perhaps I could record the episode on my laptop with the webcam. Nah, that wouldn't work. And didn't anyone else get that "HD Available wherever" on the screen?
    Nope, stuck with cable.

And Pokemon switched over to HD starting as of last week's episode.

Now being reposted!

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonHero View Post
    Nope, stuck with cable.

And Pokemon switched over to HD starting as of last week's episode.
    Well dang, hopefully someone will upload it eventually in the meantime. Also doesn't Cartoon Network have Pokemon episodes on their website for a week till the next one comes?

Contrary to the "Available in High Definition where available" lower third at the beginning of the special, the episode did not air in true High Definition. Was just upscaled standard definition.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh when Grovyle said "Watch out! Dusknoir's going to do something!" Thanks for pointing out the obvious, Sherlock!

Most of the dialogue was terrible, but hey, it got a laugh outta me.

I heard that if you catch all 493 Pokemon, surf along the edge of Cinnibar Island, and then talk to Professor Oak, Lucas and Dawn totally do it.
    This page best viewed with

Lapras voice actor.....is a lot like Cynthia! And I heard a bit of Byron within Grovyle too.

*Sniff!* Oh, I do love this episode, and the game it's based off of, obviously. Grovyle is so awesome! He's my favorite Pokemon character of all time! Heroic, tough, courageous...Truely, is anyone better than Grovyle? Especially his sacrifice...Everytime I see Grovyle's sacrifice, I can't help but tear up. To quote everyone's favorite talking Pokemon, "IT SURE DOES A NUMBA ON DA NOIVES!!!"

Oh, and why did they make Lapras a girl, or at least make him sound like a girl? He's a guy in the games, so make him one in the show!
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

I wanted to see them fight Dialga dang it. Why did it have to end right before then.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    I wanted to see them fight Dialga dang it. Why did it have to end right before then.
    Maybe they'll fight Dialga in a future special? I don't know. At least the special where Piplup, Chimchar and Grovyle fought Dusknoir was good!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Lapras voice actor.....is a lot like Cynthia! And I heard a bit of Byron within Grovyle too.
    That's because Grovyle is voiced is voiced by Dan Green.

Now being reposted!

they better make one good sequel, cuz i want to know what happenes. it was very exciting and high energy, but im still CONfused!
    Banner by millarc3005
    I have claimed Mudkip. I heard they liek me.

I think I know who voiced Chatot in this special. It's Mr. Honcho (Classroom Training and Sliding towards Seventh) only with a less deeper voice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast