Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky (023)

It was good, just enough info to give you a taste of the game without spoiling alot.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Default pokemon mystery dungeon

;197 how many r they going to make of the mystery dungeons seriously

Default pokemon mystery dungeon

;197 how many r they going to make of the mystery dungeons seriously

well who did the piplup and chimchar?

Watched the special two days ago, it's really good. It had a good plot, and was exciting like the previous one. The voices were good too. I think Sunflora got a different voice because she(?) sounded different than the last one. Dusknoir voice was cool, spooky and evil. His voice sounded familiar, I think I know who voices him, but I have to check. And of course, Dan Green was great voicing Grovyle in this special, especially near the end. Overall, it was a good special, I wish they did more like it.

Finally got a free copy of the special along with my new copy of PMD. DAN GREEEEEEN'S Grovyle's Heroic Sacrifice was pretty well done, IMO. Almost had me crying. :P

It was probably my least favorite PMD Special to date.

Dan Green voicing Grovyle was unexpected though. It suited the character but it's the story itself that I didn't like. It starts off at a random part and ends in a cliff-hanger. And we all know that they'll never show the ending...

Not good at all in my opinion. 3/10

Loved this episode. Loved how Piplup, Chimchar and Grovyle battled little against Dusknoir. Grovyle always seems cool and relaxed, I thought that Ash's Grovyle is special but it's probably all the Grovyle's nature.
    7/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

This'll probobly be ignored but, whatever.

I found this to feel....quite embarassing, with several things wrong.

However, I do not hate the people who made it but I feel like correcting this whole thing my self.

1. My one issue is Dan Green voicing Grovyle, He's not bad but he's not good. His voice doesn't fit the character. In the game, hes a badass, cunning, intelligent, and quickly resourcful pokemon. Here, changes into the guy who's annoying and tells you exactly whats going on, "He's about to do something!" My god was that embarrassing.

2. I did like the voices for the Sableeye (Who is actually who voiced the Jockey from Left 4 dead 2) and Dusknoir (IDK him...)

3. The genders for the Lapras and Wigglytuff were wrong, in the game they are both guys.

4. EVERYONE at the guild knew EXACTLY whats going on and had totally bad voices for their characters.

5. The one joke out of the entire special wasn't funny.

6. Some sayings where....awkward
    Grovyle: Your going to have to knock him out.
    Piplup and Chimchar: KNOCK HIM OUT?!?!

7. The scene where grovyle goes back to the future is quite wrong, he doesn't fly 60 feet in the air and bounce into the portal, he simply pushes him dusknoir in.

8. Sayings were awkward.
    Anime: "I studied this in the future" "Oh yeah, I forgot"
    Game: "Can you read this grovyle?" "Give me a second!"
    Makes it sound like he went to the library for this stuff.

While I think it is bad, I find it somewhat enjoyable, though only slightly. But I still think the first special (Go-getters) was probobly the worst I've ever seen.
    I guess this one was the most, Dissapointing? Or would it be wrong?

What ever, theres my thought. And I can't blame them, considering how much time they had to make it. besides, its not a TOTAL disaster. Seeing as how the Sableeye was voiced by the Jockey from Left 4 dead 2!
    Check out mah Tumblr (Some things are not pokemon, and that is okay.):
    http://terminate421.tumblr.com/

BAM! FC: 2578-4413-1699

I absolutely loved this episode and the one before it. I do think some parts were a bit overdramatic like when grovyle grabs Dusknoir in the game he just shoves said pokemon in with him instead of jumping in the air.

Some of the sentences sounded arkward like at the Rainbow Stoneship and the Unown tablet there.

A few voices didn't match the characters, Some of the guild members, and mainly Grovyle; in my opinion at least. Grovyle should have sounded badass like he is in the game. In this episode he sounded annoying. Lapras, would have matched if he was a girl but he's a guy in the game.

Still, the episode was amazing and I wish they had made it a series like Pokemon Chronicles instead of just having two episodes. It would have been cool to see the whole game as animie, especialy Fogbound Lake, Crystal Cave & Lake, and definately the Future, the Primal Dialga battle, and the ending.^^
    'While I live I want to shine I want to prove that I exist'~Grovyle PMD3

'Even in the darkest of times... there is hope'~Ignitus TLoS: DotD

Between Time and Darkness Prologue is now up
    See my current and future fanfics here

Two PMD episodes with two cool and awesome characters between them:
    First part - Gabite
    Second Part - Grovyle

Grovyle was just so cool in this special.

It was sad that he died/sacrificed himself in the end. We'll miss you, Grovyle!

I hope more of these types of specials air on TV in the future!
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

This special was very cool. Not as good as the 1 prior, but still very good. I like how they used much of the main plot of the game in this special. I like the 3-attack combination that Chimchar, Piplup, and Grovyle used to defeat Dusknoir and Sableye it was great. Many of the lines were exactly the same as the game. Wigglytuff was funny as usual. The part where they all hold hands(etc.) to brace themselves for the time stoppage didn't make much sense to me.

78/100

In my opinion this was the best special of them all. They need to make more, or even remake the ending of the game. And if they don't, I want to. This special has a Code Lyoko feel to the end of the special. (In the terms of the way to make cliff hangers)

But why, why, WHY did they have to cut out the introduction to the future and all of those other adventures? It made a big plot hole...

Saw this one again like 15 days ago, and still i cry when Grovyle took Dusknoir back to the Future, Piplup and Chimcar are soo good as a team and strong :3 i really hope they make more MD episodes because its my favorite Pokemon spin-off
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

It was good. Not great but good

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123