Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Training Daze! (013)

Default Training Daze! (013)

Training Daze!

Team Rocket Recall their Rocket Training involving where they meet and how they get past the trials. Can they get the Red Snorlax before Butch & Cassidy?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Ororo Munroe Guest

This episode looks like it's good. I like the red TR outfits they have and it's nice to see how Jessie, James, abd Meowth became a team.

KreKitten Guest

i really really wanna see this. it looked so awesome. of all the episodes describing how they met i think i would go w/ this one. how can i see it in english? all of the specials actually? oops is this the wrong place to ask? ::hides::

carnahan Guest

Where can I download this episode ??

I liked how they reverted to the "old" animation of Jesse and James. (You know, with the "eviler" eyes that are real slanted like at the beginning of Kanto). It showed how they would've looked if the second Pokemon episode were redone.

...I can dream, right?

Cheers!
    ~Bulby
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Yama~ Guest

Default Whoo.

*ahem* Okay, this episode (Yes, I can rant because this is the thread specified for it! XD).

I will grant them that I love the fact that they tried to incorporate Team Rocket's history. You don't get to see much anymore in the actual show on the real essence of Team Rocket, so it was nice to see how one actually joins Team Rocket (the choosing process, and the many different obsticals and such).

But...

There were just wayyyy too many cannon mistakes! First of all, Musashi and Kojirou supposedly meet up for the first time in this episode.

Um, HELLO? What happened to flunking out of Pokemon Tech together? The Bridge Bike gang...? I suppose those just kind of... disappeared from their memories? I mean, sure, the series portrays Musa and Koji to be pretty dense at times, but you don't just forget things like that. You don't.

Next. Remember in The Breeding Center Secret, how Kojirou acts completely oblivious to Yamato and Kosaburou?

Well. They meet in this special. Several times. Which, I remind you, is set way BEFORE The BCS. Once again, I doubt Koji would completely forget the team that he had to battle against for what he thought was only one spot into Team Rocket (the trek at the end that both teams made was originally fighting for ONE spot into the Team, though, in the end, both are allowed in anyway).

Another thing that bothers me.

Yamato and Kosaburou losing to Musashi and Kojirou?

Okay, so maybe they've done it in the series (darn good guy favoritism...). But I find it VERY hard to believe that the two of them fail like they do, and Musa and Koji squeeze on past them. Excuse me for having a bit of faith in my favorite team, but I don't exactly see them getting into Team Rocket on a technicality. For being favored over Musashi and Kojirou by Sakaki himself, I kind of figured that their entrance into Team Rocket would have been a bit more... concrete, you know? With something like that happening, I imagine their first conversation with the boss would have been along the lines of "Alright, you're in. But if you screw up once, you're OUT." Um, no. Not to Yama and Kosa. Just... no.

Eh, aside from all of this, I'd just like to cover my personal pet-peeve, too:

Everyone calls Kosaburou "Kosanji!" Blargh! That's a Koji thing. :/ What really gets me is when Yamato calls him that. You can ignore my reasoning if you like, as it's a TOTALLY personal thing, but it's kind of my belief that Yama and Kosa knew each other before they joined Team Rocket as well. Sept they HATED each other with a burning passion (but they quickly learn to work out their differences, and that their strong and weak points work out perfectly to be a dynamic Rocket duo). But one thing Yama has always been able to do is get Kosa's name right. The only person. u_u; She's not that retarded. @_@; Nyyyeehhh! I don't know how to explain it without completely going into an explination of my own cannon, but yeah, that's pretty much my reasoning for that small thing. Call me a loser if you must; you wouldn't be the first.

Anywho, that's all I can remember for now that bothers me about that episode. But yeah. Hello writers?! Where were your heads?

As a frequent Rocket rper, my RP buddy and I have chosen to completely ignore this episode. It's just... too incorrect. Nyeh.

Thanks, but no thanks, writers. @_@;

It's love and TRUTH. Not YOUTH. You know, like in their MOTTO?

"Upholding the evils of love and truth,
    The lovely, charming villains!"

Trainer card by Pariah164 (but the Fletcher sprite is mine), and Tringham brothers doll by Yoru Ryu.

Mod on Bulbagarden Forums | Admin on Bulbapedia

It occurs to me...

...if the dub messes this one up...

...it could wind up making SENSE.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Katsumi_aiai Guest

Hey, does anyone know if this will be shown in the US? because I really want to see it...

Blaziken master Guest

I heard this one was on today

Team Rocket were really professional in this episode, showing them in a different light for once other than just being losers all the time. Jessie and James were really mature and worked hard through their training, caring for one another too, not to mention a a notable amount of RocketShipping, particularly when Jessie blushed after saving James from the pitfall. I liked the way they looked at wach other lol.

How many times was Butch's name mispronounced in this episode? About 15? Each one was different, including Bip, Bob, Bill and many others. I liked it when she did actually call him by his real name and then getting ****** for thinking she called him for something else heh.

Also Team Rocket's "Prepare For Trouble" song (the one from 2.b.a master) was played towards the end. Haven't heard that since the Orange Islands.

Yeah, "Team Rocket's Rockin'" playing was great. I really liked seeing Jessie and Cassidy with no earrings or make up. They even took Butch's name mistakes further, calling him 'Chuck' this time. Quite a connection there!

And now we see that Persian totally hated Meowth from the word go. Giovanni's voice was a bit higher than usual. It didn't have it's gritty charm. Nevertheless, I really liked this ep.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter
    Also Team Rocket's "Prepare For Trouble" song (the one from 2.b.a master) was played towards the end. Haven't heard that since the Orange Islands.
    Where abouts in the episode? Was it in the bit where they were making their way up the 'Pent House'/Tower? A good replacement for Maemuki Roketto Dan, then. :D

Yeah. It starts just as Cassidy and Butch enter, followed by Jessie and James. It doesn't do the whole song, but it was nice to hear it.

What was the music in the original? Just their generic music or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Where abouts in the episode? Was it in the bit where they were making their way up the 'Pent House'/Tower? A good replacement for Maemuki Roketto Dan, then.
    Yeah as Batdude was saying, they just sort of fluffed around the openings lines of it, it never got into full flow onwards part, just some sort of remix. Nice to hear it though still. Maybe they'll play "Misty's Song!" at some point during Luvdisc episode as well!

it was a cool episode

I never knew Jessie, James and Meowth were actually good until they met Ash and co

It was nice to see how they became members but James should never say 'Mama' it dosent sound right
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

So you say Giovanni's voice is 'higher' in this episode? Is it like he sounded in Puzzle League then?

As long as it isn't as jarring as it was in the Japanese version of Evolution Solution, it should be fine (he sounded like he was still a teenager. Seriously.)

Also--did Viper keep the same name?
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

I can't recall if we even heard his name. Guy with purple fin hair, right? Sorry for being so technical about it. I just love fine details...

Giovanni's voice just wasn't as low as it was in, say, the first movie or when Ash gets the Earth Badge. Essentially the same voice though.

Yeah, the Mohawk Man. His name gets said ONCE in Japanese (Gio calls him "Viper-kun", and for some reason it took forever for that name to circulate)

I figured it would still be Ted Lewis. If anyone replaced him, the fans would riot (although I can kinda see Jim Cummings doing a one-time stand-in voice with his Cortez voice from Road to El Dorado, but that's beside the point).

Did he still have the precice diction? That's what makes Lewis's Giovanni voice, to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Where abouts in the episode? Was it in the bit where they were making their way up the 'Pent House'/Tower? A good replacement for Maemuki Roketto Dan, then. :D
    Eh? o_o Maemuki Roketto Dan wasn't playing at that point. It was just used as the ending for the episode.
    ~

From what I recall it was basically the same, just a semitone or two higher. It was the same voice, I'm nearly sure of it.

As for Viper, I have no idea. I still can't get used to Cassidy's voice though. A bit of a shock that JJ&M graduated before them though. I loved when James was in the bandages. His little bit of hair sticking out (and Butch mirroring it later on) made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Eh? o_o Maemuki Roketto Dan wasn't playing at that point. It was just used as the ending for the episode.
    ...Dammit. >_>; I was thinking of Roketto Dan Yo Eien Ni. -_-

Did anyone else think that when Jessie pulled James and Meowth up at the end that it looked a bit risqué? James nearly on top of Jessie, both sweating, both panting...

Meowth sure complained alot. Not like the good ol' Kanto Meowth.

He was called Viper but he had some title there Officer or something along those lines I might be Sargent(sp?) but his name was Viper if thats important. Well James went back to bottlecaps, when he gave meowth the bottle he actually said "I'll take the bottle cap i'm collecting them." And alot of the "We're a team" and stuff like that. But yes the played one of my favourite Pokemon songs, but one line always makes me laugh

James: I'll be the King
    Jessie: And i'll be the queen
    Meowth: And i'll be the Joker

That always makes me laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batdude
    Did anyone else think that when Jessie pulled James and Meowth up at the end that it looked a bit risqué? James nearly on top of Jessie, both sweating, both panting...
    Yeah, it did seem a bit well it looked as you put it risqué. My sister shouted "OMG! There going to have sex!" or something I was like yeah in Pokemon.

Also that Red Snorlax thing you could tell it was fake, duh Snorlaxs are not red. Also I could of swore somebody called Butch a name that began with C or sounded like a C, but Casidy did say Butch but he said something like Its Butch it was quite funny. Also Butch actually said "I'm changing my name," it was funny, also as ShucklemasterJ said James should never say "Mama" because:

Jessie: Hello James, i'll let you knwo i'm not going to carry you.
    James: No one has carried me since my mama.

That was kinda creepy as well. It was ok though, one of the better and one of least dubbed ruined episodes.

Little_Munkki Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu
    Also that Red Snorlax thing you could tell it was fake, duh Snorlaxs are not red.
    There are several instances on this show where pokemon aren't their natural color.

Also I could of swore somebody called Butch a name that began with C or sounded like a C,
    The called him "Chuck". Someone said it already on this board said it.

but Casidy did say Butch but he said something like Its Butch it was quite funny.
    I heard he does that in the Luvdisc special, too. People say his name wrong so many times, even if they actually get it right, he corrects them out of sheer force of habit.

Also Butch actually said "I'm changing my name," it was funny
    XD Are you serious? Well, it would definately save the guy a lot of aggrivation. Although, I gotta say, the gag where everyone fails to get his name right is getting kinda old to me. Why do the hell do they keep messing it up? Is it his voice that's the reason? I know it is a little difficult to understand what he's saying because of his wierdly deep, froggy voice, but still...
    Last edited by Little_Munkki; 4th August 2005 at 8:28 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast