Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Training Daze! (013)

finall I know how Jessie, James and Meowth meet each other. I'd have to say it's one of my favorite episodes, because the good plot and because I like Team Rocket
    ·.·´Ż`·.·Forum Rules | Signature Rules | FAQ·.·´Ż`·.·

"I love you as the plant that never blooms / but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
    thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance, / risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body..."

(Pablo Neruda, Chilean Poet)

Well, I found it damn right awesome. It's given us a great backing story into Team Rocket... about how they came together. James was really... odd though. Always letting go... and SAYING MAMA!?!?!?! That was scary :P.

Rocketshipping Rocks!
    #spp chat staff; drews_girl kintana tenten mello akemi karin && pm chat complaints please.
    fantastic pair \\ epic twin
    i do the #spp nightshift. [x] couldn't do it alone [x] thanks guys <3 [/CENTER]

Banner > 46800 pixels so it was ~removed~! Read the signature rules.

It's really interesting to see the Team Rocket training facility and what they have to go through in order to get active status. Also nice to see why Jesse, James and Meowth keep at it every episode.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I liked this chronicle. It doesn't go along with many things in the mainstream show, but it's a really good and creative episode. There are several things I didn't like, though. First and foremost: James saying "mama". Possibly the wierdest moment in the anime. Also, Jesse and James' voices were monotone through much of the episode and it started to annoy me. I know it was because of scenes that were supposed to be emotional, but it still bugged me. Cassidy's little speech when both teams reach the top of the tower was annoying because it was corny and kind of stupid.

I've watched the Japanese version several times and I still love it despite the inconsistencies with the main show, it's such a lovely special. And I love how the art's rather like a mix of the old and the new, to go with the old cool personalities. <3

i think it waz cool

my fav ep.
    fc: 3067 5640 2854 safari: flechinder, farfetch'd, swanna

It was my favorite special. It was a great inside look in Jessie and James past. I think they should have an episode of all the charecters early days like Ash when he was like 5. That would be interesting.

This episode is awsome and i think it is 1 episode you really shouldn't miss! you can get it on DVD off tinternet or via getting off ya butt and goin to the shops and byin it!

I really like the fact that it goes back to when they were training and if you look closely, in the background when Jesse and James meet for the first time you can see Mew fly past! How Cake-alicious!

I love this episode. I think James was a lot different then but just as gorgeous. I like any episode centered on team rocket because these episodes are more in depth then when they are trying to steal Pikachu all the time.

I loved this episode! I loved seeing Team Rocket's past
    HeartGold

I really liked this episode, and it only reaffirmed my desire for Team Rocket to get their own spinoff xD (joking, joking - what would they call it, "Leave It To Team Rocket"?). They were definitely cool and successful before Pikachu and Ash fogged their brains :/

But it really bugged me that they didn't seem to be familiar with the other before their drill instructor introduced them. Either they had some kind of falling out years before and pretended to be strangers, or... I don't know, they didn't recognize each other? But it's kinda hard to forget hair like Jessie's! Maybe the writers just weren't aware of their past, or chose to ignore it because that was all explored seasons ago, and the kids watching it now might not be aware and get confused - still a stupid reason if true.

I really liked this episode, it showed that Team Rocket weren't always failures.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

I recently saw this episode. The whole thing was ruined for me though by James's terrible acting. Really wish I'd been able to find it in Japanese. Anyway, I liked the way it really showed the strength of TR's friendship.

The complete lack of cannon also annoyed me.

I think this was one of the greatest specials ever. Seeing the past of Jessie, James and Meowth. Competing against Butch and Cassidy. Overall a great episode

10/10

Team Rocket's past was like that, huh?
    I think that James gave a good fight to Jessie, he prooved that he's better like her in missions of crime.
    7.5/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

This is the greatest pokemon chronicles episode imo. I enjoyed seeing how they came together. I support them succeeding in anything as long as it has nothing to do with Ash's side of things. James really has a soft spot. He let go of Meowth's tail just to save them. That's just tough. It's amazing how he was about to do again in that place. If I just the episode up to the part where James was over Jessie and they were breathing heavily, I would have thought they were doing "something else." These guys were literally in the air for all that time.... Ahh James and his bottle caps.... Good times...
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

I wasn't very impressed by this episode, probably because I don't enjoy past events in the anime. I did like how it showcased more of Cassidy and Jessie's rivalry as shown while they ran on those treadmills; just goes to show that rivalries can last years. I thought the scene where James and Jessie first met was interesting, he had such an impressive aura around him, he seemed more serious/confident. They managed to survive in the wild and they put up a great effort during their Red Snorlax drill; I almost wish they put their heart and soul into everything they did, they might succeed. Interesting special, giving us the inside story but I thought it could've been more informative. 4/10.

Good episode, I liked seeing how it all begun, Jessie and James really were more serious back then now. Maybe that tells them if they weren't around Ash they could get back to what they were before Pokemon Emergency episode.
    Stick- lol that's true it almost looked like they had been sleeping together, if anyone watched at that point they might think the same lol
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

This episode was good. It was cool to see how Jessie, James, Meowth became a team, and became agents of TR. Meowth was such a scaredy cat throughout most of the tests. I'm not surprised Jessie kept losing all her partners before finally joining up with James and Meowth. As always nobody gets Butch's name right, and back then not even Cassidy which was very funny.

60/100

After glancing at the Bulbapedia entry for this episode, it seems that the story here contradicts a few of the earlier episodes. However, overall, I thought this was an incredible episode: it was funny, exciting, and fleshed out Team Rocket well.

To begin with, I like how the trio was so casual as they flew through the air, blasting off to some other place. Flashback was used very well in this episode: even a bottle cap can carry with it a number of memories.

I noticed that they claimed Cassidy was the leader of her group: it seemed to imply through the episode that the female is the dominant member of each team. I found that interesting. It was also exciting to see Jessie and James challenge Biff and Cassidy. Meowth was pretty darn funny in how he tried to suck up to Giovanni.

The trio was fleshed out well. They were ambitious and slowly learned how to work as a team. There were also some nice shipping hints laced throughout the episode. And even though they were ambitious and competent, they still had plenty of personality, in contrast to the BW trio. I was surprised, though, to see that Meowth seemed like the least competent member of the group at this time, especially since I’d say he’s the brains in other episodes.

It was funny to see how the Team Rocket facility was so much like a school. James’s injury was amusing too. I also liked the infiltration of the building at the end: funny animation, and the song was chosen well. Plus, it was funny when Butch realized, hey, she actually got my name right!

I liked the team’s renewed commitment at the end of the episode. It’s odd: I kinda pity them and want to see them be successful, but, uh, they’re the bad guys. Nice when a story pulls off ambiguity like that so well.

Oh, and at the end, Jessie said, “Every silver lining has a cloud.” That struck me as an odd line. I think they were going for, “Every cloud has a silver lining.” Not that this is a big deal.

Overall, this is another amazing Chronicles episode.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

Recently watched this episode. So that's how TRio started... I wasn't surprised to see Jessie not getting along so well with her partners because part of that attitude is still visible as of yet. The scene where James and Jessie meet up for the first time was good too. I probably wouldn't mention anything more, but this chronicle... is quite good. Overall I'd give it an 8/10.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Best character development episode that the Team Rocket trio has ever had...
    9/10!
    ALRIGHTY!
    Follow me (PJ) on Twitter: @ThePokemonJesus

Until next time...
    PEACE!

This spacial was centerd around TR. It was nice to see how Jessie, James and mewoth meet each other and became TRio. The flashbacks perfectly fits in this episode. Cassidy and Jessie's rivaly was intersting and every TR member getting Biff's ... I mean Butch's name wrong was funny.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

I love this side stories so much and I finally know the story of Rocket Dan. Unfortunately Musashi's character has turned worse than what she was in the anime. Just not like her rude attitude towards Kojiro and Nyarth later in the anime.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123