Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Journey To The Starting Line! (014)

This episode was ok... Man, Gilbert was really annoying for most of this episode, but did start understanding Pokemon better as the episode went on. Bulbasaur's Vine Whips figures looked really cool and very realistic. Bulbasaur's reactions to what Gilbert was saying were priceless! The old woman was hilarious and annoying all at the same time!

47/100
    Last edited by G50; 1st March 2011 at 4:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWobbuffet View Post
    I bet about 99% of the people who watched this episode wanted to smack around Hajime... the last 1% are the people without hands.
    I totally agree with you!

This one was enjoyable. Gilbert was horrible with his horrible attitude, but as the episode progressed, he got less annoying and started to learn what it means to be a Pokemon trainer. That old woman who told everything she promised to not do was horrible and annoying. Ash's Bulbasaur had a great role in this episode. Nice to see Tracey and Ash's mother.

10/10.

People sometimes forget in how bad most trainers act when they start out. I think it shows more character when they learn from their mistakes and get better. This is why I still love Ash.

My ideal battle ever!

Another great Chronicles episode. They sure did a good job at making Gilbert come off as an annoying piss ant right from the start. And, the sad part is, I know some people who are like that all the time, so I can’t say he was unrealistic. -_- Besides, his cocky attitude was funny, and it gave him room to grow.

It was interesting to hear that Ash has a good reputation: usually, he’s just a nobody despite placing high in different tournaments and winning in the Orange Islands.

The old woman was a funny character. I especially appreciated the “rap-ish” tone of her announcement.

I noticed that they said Charmander wouldn’t be able to battle if its tail went out. Guess 4Kids didn’t feel comfortable using the word die again. And I liked how Ash’s mom and Tracey worked well together when saving that cute little Charmander. Ash’s mom knew how to handle Mr. Mime well.

It was funny to see what a coward Gilbert was after all that boasting. Plus, Oak saving Squirtle and Bulbasaur saving Oak was amusing—not to mention it showed their teamwork. These episodes really do give Professor Oak and Bulbasaur more character.

The little Bulbasaur was super cute during the flashbacks of it running about, especially when it was blending in as a figurine. The scene with the Primeape managed to be funny and compelling, especially when Ash’s Bulbasaur was willing to put itself into danger.

Gilbert sure reformed fast, but I guess that’s inevitable when you only have a nineteen-minute episode to introduce him and have his story take place. It was nice to see him open up to that Squirtle and then to the Bulbasaur.

And they’re right: the bond between a trainer and their first Pokémon is special.

Oh, and... What happened to the Tauros? They burst through the fence, right...? Guess we’re supposed to assume they came back on their own, unless I missed something. Not a big deal, though.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123