Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Journey To The Starting Line! (014)

Default Journey To The Starting Line! (014)

Journey to the Starting Line!

Its the day when Gilbert gets his first Pokémon in Oak's Lab. However as he's deciding whether to pick them or not, some ruckus occurs in the lab and the three starters run off. Its up to Oak, Gilbert, Tracey and Mrs. Ketchum to find them. Can they?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

I wonder does could Ash know this person...and wasn't that other Bulbasaur Ash's. I did really like this one...but since Delia, Tracey were seen...it was ok.

I don't understand why they don't air these here...
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

Factory Head Noland Guest

I really want to see this episode, it looks really good. Ash Bulbsaur makes an appearance aswell which is great!
    It was a good idea of Hijime to choose a Bulbasaur as his starter.

True...Bulbasaur...is a good choice from the 3 starter...if he was to go throught the path of battling those 8 kanto gym leader...but i'd say...that also Charmander is good, as i has 2 types later...but...it has a huge disadvantage against...ROCK...

Gigi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthu
    I wonder does could Ash know this person...
    Ehh. Masara's a small town. I'm sure they all know eachother and are fairly close.
    Hajime was cute! n.n- *wander*

Quote Originally Posted by Orange*Berry
    Ehh. Masara's a small town. I'm sure they all know eachother and are fairly close.
    Hajime was cute! n.n- *wander*
    yea...u probaly right...who knows...only if they would air this in dubbed english..we'd know a lot more...

Depending on Ash's age, he could have known Hajime quite well, he is only 10 while Ash should be 14/15 by now
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

You don't need to have it dubbed to learn about the special. There's a link to the summary at the top for a reason. o_O And I liked seeing how pretty much all of Satoshi's Pokémon that he left behind at Oak's from Kanto and Johto made an appearance. Totodile dancing even while being knocked in the air is priceless. x_x

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Why does Hajime's bio on SPP call him "she"?

Trainer card by Pariah164 (but the Fletcher sprite is mine), and Tringham brothers doll by Yoru Ryu.

Mod on Bulbagarden Forums | Admin on Bulbapedia

I thought this episode was very good. I really liked seeing all of Ash's old pokémon hanging around at Oak's lab. Bulbasaur was really cool in this episode. I've always been a fan of Ash's Bulbasaur and getting to see it throughout the whole episode was definately a bonus. We also get to see Delia's Mr. Mime use a his psychic attack for the first time. The only thing he's ever done is use barrier, so seeing him do something else was cool. It was also cool to see a new trainer starting out in his journey, we very seldom get to see that.
    ~

Yea lets see him try to fight off against Gym leaders like Giovanni, lt. Surge and Sabrina. And see if he can find Blaine's Gym lol.

Crystal Latios Guest

This little boy is adorable. One thing I don`t like, why did he take a Bulbasaur. Its getting boring. Every young trainer takes a Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur and Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur with Haimie, Bulbasaur with May. I belive, writers are in love with it, but Charmander or Squirtle are cool too.

Well Bulbasaur was instrumental in this episode, and after Hajime had been through all of that, especially the part where Ash's Bulbasaur saved them from those Primeape, Hajime would've gained a new respect for all Pokemon, not just evolved ones. (Originally, he only wanted a Torchic, and only because it evolves into Blaziken.)

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

So that's what he was saying, I thought he was just being rude.XD
    ~

Yeah he went there expecting the Hoenn starters, but Oak had to explain that they only give the Kanto starters in Pallet. Initially, Hajime didn't like any of them and thought Pokemon were only any good when fully evolved. Of course, as we know, Ash's Bulbasaur put an end to THAT little notion.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

"Hurry Tracey! If Charmander's tail flame goes out, it won't be able to battle anymore!"

I had to laugh at that one.

...I'm not sure whether you find that funny because of the dodgyness, or the fact that it's another one of those death cover ups. :/ Or the fact that Oak is basically saying that not being able to battle is the worst thing EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    ...I'm not sure whether you find that funny because of the dodgyness, or the fact that it's another one of those death cover ups. :/ Or the fact that Oak is basically saying that not being able to battle is the worst thing EVER.
    Trust me Alfonso, if there's ever any sort of dodgyness in this show, I can guarantee you that I'll probably be one of the last to pick it up. 'Cause I'm slow like that :P
    So yes, it being a blatant death cover up was why I laughed. And the fact that Delia said it like it was of the utmost urgency.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Trust me Alfonso, if there's ever any sort of dodgyness in this show, I can guarantee you that I'll probably be one of the last to pick it up. 'Cause I'm slow like that :P
    So yes, it being a blatant death cover up was why I laughed. And the fact that Delia said it like it was of the utmost urgency.
    "If Charmander gets it's TAIL WET it won't be able to battle anymore!"

What else that is like a 'tail' becomes useless when 'wet' and can't do a certain something anymore? :x

Oh, Delia. I thought it would have been Oak or something. x_x

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Latios
    This little boy is adorable. One thing I don`t like, why did he take a Bulbasaur. Its getting boring. Every young trainer takes a Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur and Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur with Haimie, Bulbasaur with May. I belive, writers are in love with it, but Charmander or Squirtle are cool too.
    May's was to premote FR/LG, and as for Hajime, the writers obviously went by the whole "Grass being easiest Kanto Starter" crud.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard
    May's was to premote FR/LG, and as for Hajime, the writers obviously went by the whole "Grass being easiest Kanto Stater" crud.
    ...I'd say that Hajime's was also to promote FR/LG.

Hajime should have gotten Charmander...too bad the writers didn't know that May would get the other two starters eventually.

I hate to say it, but Charmander really is the most neglected Kanto starter. I never though I'd say that.

Blaziken master Guest

I really liked this episode I got it in my triple DVD pack which I got in Argos.
    I liked the part at the start where cydnaquil torched the entire tauros herd and they smashed through the lab.I also noticed the squirtle had the voice of a magby.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken master
    I really liked this episode I got it in my triple DVD pack which I got in Argos.
    I liked the part at the start where cydnaquil torched the entire tauros herd and they smashed through the lab.I also noticed the squirtle had the voice of a magby.
    ...Uh.... o__o

The Triple Pack is out already in the UK? :O

Blaziken master Guest

Yeah I got it instore for Ł12.99.But anyway back on topic,I noticed they cut the scene at the start with heracross climbing up the start.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast