Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Journey To The Starting Line! (014)

They did WHAT?! >:O Heracross already gets shafted enough, now f*cking 4Kids cuts him? What the hell?
    ~

Blaziken master Guest

I agree completely,heracross is one of my favourites what with the whole"heracoo!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    I hate to say it, but Charmander really is the most neglected Kanto starter. I never though I'd say that.
    It was only featured in the episode for a minute at best too XP The other two starters got more time on screen than that wet tailed blighter~

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken master
    I also noticed the squirtle had the voice of a magby.
    ...I wasn't going to say anything about that earlier, as I'd assumed it had that voice in the recent-ish Advanced Challenge episode featuring the 3 starters :/
    I wonder why they used a different voice actor. Even more importantly, I wonder if thats the voice that all Squirtle's, including Ash's, are going to have now. They altered Snorlax, so I can't see why they wouldn't do the the same to the water-type~

Man, I'm imagining that voice on Haruka's Squirtle right now, and it t'aint purdy. Funny, but ugly.

Hey, because I don't live in the UK, I don't know diddly-squat so I wanna ask this. What is Hajime's dub name?

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by medea10
    Hey, because I don't live in the UK, I don't know diddly-squat so I wanna ask this. What is Hajime's dub name?
    ...his name is on the first page of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy

...I wasn't going to say anything about that earlier, as I'd assumed it had that voice in the recent-ish Advanced Challenge episode featuring the 3 starters :/
    Well the Squirtle in that episode sounded like Ash's Squirtle. I guess whoever dubbed the Chronicles episodes were too lazy to check the main series to see what Squirtle sounds like.

I imagine May's might sound like Ash's, unless they try to make it sound more babish or cutesy or whatnot.

Geki Guest

Is there a way I can buy the Triple Pack for Chronicles, even though I live in America? I really want to see the Chronicles Episodes. Hajime has a cool Bulbasaur, but I would have rather have him have a Charmander, it's too neglected. Besides, Hajime worships Ash so you'd think he would get a Charmander to evolve into a Charizard like Ash has.

Blaziken master Guest

Also a weird thing came up.The old lady said that someone saw the bulbasaur in a place filled with mankey,then when they got there,they noticed they were primeape.Wonder why they did that?By the way did anybody hear what the tune was playing on the loudspeaker?

If you actually bothered to listen, they explained it right in the episode. The characters commented on it and said something like "that's an easy mistake to make"...maybe it was because the person only saw them from a distance.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

this is one of the best episodes yet

Gilbert only chose Bulbasaur because Ash's saved him and the starter bulbasaur was with him most of the time.

But Charmander didnt have enough screen time......
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Gee, what a nice kid...>_>

Saw the episode early this morning and boy did Gilbert get on my last nerve. I was expecting him to have a voice like Max's. But that's just me. Now that old woman with the big mouth was pretty funny. And of course, I had to watch this since it had my sweet Tracey (not so sweet when he got p*ssed off at Gilbert) but it was great to watch!

So all in all, good episode!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

This is one of fewest Pokemon eps in which there are no real villains at all.

This episode was good. It was pretty funny with that chain reaction in the beginning. It was funny when Muk got attached to Tracey. I thought the Mayor's son was REALLY annoying. Good to see Delia's Mr. Mime use an attack. It was kinda funny when Oak was trying to confront the Primeape. Kinda cool that the Primeape got intimidated by Ash's Bulbasaur's Solar Beam.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Yeah, the whole thing was neat. In the original, Hajime wasn't anyone's son, he was a boy just like Ash. They never mentioned his parents in the original. (Or so Dogasu said.)
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

Wow that Gilbert kid should have got smacked. I seriously thought Tracey was about to kill him..oh was that funny how ticked off he got xD

I knew he was gonna pick Bulbasaur since Ash's Bubasaur was with him like the whole episode and you could tell he was surprised when Bulbasaur saved him. But one point I thought he was gonna pick Squirtle with the whole part of him trying to get Squirtle to come out of it's shell and then how it looked like the two really liked each other. Poor Charmander got hardly any attention. Tracey saved it from the water..done with Charmander. =[

But anyways, this was great episode that I really enjoyed.

Meh. The opening part with Satoshi's old Pokemon was the main highlight of the episode, the rest of it was very boring and lackluster. I bet about 99% of the people who watched this episode wanted to smack around Hajime... the last 1% are the people without hands.

I was pretty imrpessed by Kenji and Hanako-chan's Barrierd though. Such rarely seen characters in this day and age getting decent spotlight.

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

Ugh, I really didn't like this special very much. It was the worst since the Raikou special. At least the first two Professor oak specials were interesting, but this one didn't even have Butch and Cassidy (and here I was complaining two weeks ago about being bored of seeing them all they time, they at least make the Professor Oak specials interesting). The mayor's son was annoying, but at least he changed by the end. I do think his voice was a little mature for his character, but at least the thing about him being the son of a politician seemed to fit with his personality. I liked how angry Bulbasaur got when the guy complained about Kanto starters. LOL The charmander was cute too.

Overall, 5/10. At least this weekend we have GARY!!! I'm definitely looking forward to that.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Well I liked the Episode just cause it had Ash's Mom in it and she's my 2nd favorite Trainer. I HATE WITH A PASSION the Gilbert kid, and who might I ask names their child Gilbert?
    HI!!!!!!! YEAH!!! W00t!!

^(so lame)

http://www.math.ohiou.edu/~eisworth/...ch/psyduck.gif

You all wish your Bishies were that cool, n00bs

That Gilbert kid is very annoying, you know. He doesn't deserve to have a Fushigidane, inestead, he should have a koratta. Anyway, I liked when the Tauros went mad, and that's all. I give it a 5/10
    ·.·´Ż`·.·Forum Rules | Signature Rules | FAQ·.·´Ż`·.·

"I love you as the plant that never blooms / but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
    thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance, / risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body..."

(Pablo Neruda, Chilean Poet)

"Why don't I just take Ash's Bulbasaur?" Man that kid's annoying. Tracey has the right to yell at him
    Crystal's PokePet

Moonlight the level 30 Shiny Umbreon!
    Thanks Wig for the trainer card! Thanks Ayra for the banner! You guys rock!!!

I love this episode since we get to see more of Pallet town than just Ash's house and Oak's lab, other than this episode I do believe the 1st episode of the Pokemon series show more of Pallet town.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I thought this episode was great! but that kid, Gilbert, was so annoying!
    HeartGold

That kid was really obnoxious, i want this and i want that, take what you're offered kid and be happy with that.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Gilbert is a really annoying kid. He really has no confidence to start the journey, If not Bulbasaur he was crushed by the Primeape. I loved how Ash's Bulbasaur behaved, he really showed how matured it is.

7.5/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

It was an okay episode, I liked how the past characters still reference Ash (Obviously Delia would lol) but not completely forgotten about him.. Gilbert is a bit annoying, oh yeah let's take Ash's Bulbasaur even if the little one was actually safe you wouldn't be taking it, glad the mayor doesn't have much influence apparently on what he gets, can you imagine poor Ash?

"Oh hey Prof Oak, I need Bulbasaur for the Battle Frontier, can you transfer him over?"

"Uh well you see Ash.. The mayor's son wanted your Bulbasaur and the mayor made me give it to him, but you can use Bayleef"

Ash: 0.0 "Bulbasaur!, I am getting my Bulbasaur back!" *Runs to finds Gilbert to find Bulbasaur has been forced to evolve into Venasaur by Gilbert "Bulbasaur!" *Cries*
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast