Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Luvdisc is a Many Splendoured Thing! (016)

Default Luvdisc is a Many Splendoured Thing! (016)

Luvdisc is a Many Splendoured Thing!

Misty & Daisy have recently got some new Pokémon, Luvdisc. Daisy intends to use them in an upcoming performance at the gym. Howeevr Butch & Cassidy have their eyes set on them and its up to Misty, Tracey & Daisy to hide them.

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Crystal Latios Guest

Bleh, why Daisy is still with Misty. We have never seen special with Lilly or Violet. Daisy all the time. Maybe writers like girls with yellow hair

Actually it seems that the logical conclusion here is the correct one...it looks like Daisy is the only one of the three who feels enough responsibility towards the Gym to actually be there and help out.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Well the truth is--Ayame and Botan were in this episode. But only for a few seconds.

Ayame (Violet) was the princess of course, but Botan (Lily) was the prince. I thought I should point this out since most ppl thought the prince with Ayame was some random guy. ^^; But ya...I do understand what you mean. We need to see the other sisters for once! Not just Sakura.
    || The stars rule men, but God rules the stars. ||

OWNER OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE
    Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

Hmmm....this episode has quite a bit of Neoshippiness in it. Butch and Cassidy share an ice cream at the beginning...they go after Luvdisc, the Love Pokemon...they hold hands in the motto...and I think there's more, but I forgot. Yup yup *nods* Definately Neoshippy.
    animal crossing stuffs:
    Name: Stacey
    Town: Tangelo
    Fruit: Apples, Pears, Oranges, Cherries
    FC: 4597 3797 6086

Gigi Guest

Mree... I think this episode in general was just... ehh...
    But seeing Kenji in the prince costume made it well worth watching. n___n Ahh, he's so gorgeous...

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Azurill
    Hmmm....this episode has quite a bit of Neoshippiness in it. Butch and Cassidy share an ice cream at the beginning
    Yeah but only because they have to fish Namba's instructions out of it.

Gigi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Yeah but only because they have to fish Namba's instructions out of it.
    Y-yeah. They weren't eating it. n.n()

Nuuuuuu ;_; They weren't eating it?? It looked like they were.

>.> well...fine. there's plenty of other Neoshippiness to make up for the lack. Bwahaha.

Hey...did anybody else notice that the guy that gave them the ice cream is Roger? From the pokemon showboat thing?
    animal crossing stuffs:
    Name: Stacey
    Town: Tangelo
    Fruit: Apples, Pears, Oranges, Cherries
    FC: 4597 3797 6086

Gigi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Azurill
    Nuuuuuu ;_; They weren't eating it?? It looked like they were.

>.> well...fine. there's plenty of other Neoshippiness to make up for the lack. Bwahaha.

Hey...did anybody else notice that the guy that gave them the ice cream is Roger? From the pokemon showboat thing?
    They did kinda a cute Musashi/Kojiro-esque thing during the motto. :3
    And as for the guy... *looks at pictures of the guy in the second season* Whoooa. o__o Talk about creepy resmblance~! Guess having those shows just didn't bring in the money. >:3 Heheh.

Not much to say about the episode overall. But I don't care, Tracey is hot in the prince costume!!!
    Last edited by Medea; 19th December 2004 at 1:18 AM.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by Orange*Berry
    They did kinda a cute Musashi/Kojiro-esque thing during the motto. :3
    And as for the guy... *looks at pictures of the guy in the second season* Whoooa. o__o Talk about creepy resmblance~! Guess having those shows just didn't bring in the money. >:3 Heheh.
    XD

Actually, am I the only one who is seeing a pattern here? Someone in the Izave Contest episode pointed out a trainer that looks VERY like on from a previous episode. (Most likely an unnamed trainer. He was the one with the Surskit in the Contest.) No, he looked identical. Same face, hat, hair and shirt.

Maybe it's a subtle nod to the past? ^_^o *crosses fingers for Nathan then*

Talking dub eps

who thinks that these would be dubed? if they are would they get americian style titles?(they might not i think they probaly would)i thought of one for this ep
    -madly in luvdisc- (a pun on the phrase madly in love)

i know it is a bit cheap but it could.

Quote Originally Posted by stuarthillman
    who thinks that these would be dubed? if they are would they get americian style titles?(they might not i think they probaly would)i thought of one for this ep
    -madly in luvdisc- (a pun on the phrase madly in love)

i know it is a bit cheap but it could.
    Not bad! Something tells me if that Housou gets dubbed, that 4Kids would probably use something like that. (I've noticed that they have kind of a thing for title puns.)

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

americangirl88 Guest

I definately think the epispde is neoshippy but when they 'ooh' and 'ahh' when the luvdiscs kiss, notice they're BOTH doing it. It be normal if only Cassidy was doing is but Butch oohing and awwing along w/ her is a little stange.

There are lots of love-related puns that could be used for a title for this ep...

Luvdisc is a Many-Splendored Thing
    Luvdisc is In the Air
    Can You Feel the Luvdisc Tonight?

I'm sure there are more...

Wow Butch's name was mispronounced 5 times throughout this episode, must be a record, once from Tracey, once from Misty, twice from Cassidy and even once from Butch/Kosaburo himself! I feel sorry for the guy, it's almost like he's having a mental breakdown these days with it.

Going back on the Neoshipping thing, there were too more conclusive hints, well they weren't really hints just looked funny, firstly the bit they were holding hands during the motto and the second bit where they both had hearts in their eyes after seeing the luvdics kiss lol.

Wow that Car B&C were driving, well it wasn't even a car, more like a hovercraft or something, but it looked hot!
    Last edited by Sharpshooter; 26th January 2005 at 5:11 PM.

It, s one of mu favourite episodes. We can see Cassidy and Butch again And my favourite Kasumi!

Yama~ Guest

I love this episode. XD Love love love- er, luv luv luv. Haha. *owns it, anywho ^_^*

I agree, Kenji was frickin' yummy in that prince costume. XD I wanted to kick Kasumi outta the way. Heh. [/mild fangirling]

The Neoshippiness in this episode is the BEST. The motto thing... I literally screamed when I saw that image in the episode pictures. ^_^ As you can see by my signature, it's one of my most favorite screen shots EVER. LOL. ;D

There -is- the thing where they both get hearts in their eyes when the Luvdisc fly off. XD 'The power of love compells you!' Bwahaha! *cackles*

Another thing I like that nobody has mentioned yet is how, when trying to capture the Luvdisc in the river with that net, one of them sprays Kosa in the face, and Yama just completely goes nuts about it and immediately commands Yamirami to kick the little thing's butt. XD It's like "What? You spray my man?! Oh, I don't THINK so! It is ON!" *weird, heh*

Admittedly, I was getting mad that Yama kept calling Kosa 'Kosanji,' but when she got it right the third time, it was almost like she had been picking on him the other two times, and he got confused and was like "... Oh! Right. o.o" That, I thought, was cute, and made up for it. X3

To end my sillyness, I thought I'd point out that Kasumi and Kenji's reactions to Sakura's complete change of attitude when climbing in her car made me LAUGH. They're like "O_O;;;" Bwahahah. XD

Cute ep. Hey, I may not understand Japanese, but even so, I liked it a lot. ^_^

A Ludisc ep. Yay. Since we almost know these are being dubbed more guess.

*Head Over Heels in Luvdisc.

*Misty's in Luvdisc.

*Lovey Dovey Luvdisc.{You know people say Lovey Dovey}

*Alls Fair in Love and Luvdisc.

Like em? I like the thrid one the best myself.

"We Made An Episode About Luvdisc. It's Gone Too Far!" sounds appropriate to me. Seriously. Even Tentacool, common pests that they are, are more watchable than a freaking heart thingy!

Ashfan17 Guest

My guess is 4Kids will add more shippyness too the episode than their is like what they did to the season one between Misty/Ash. So they'll probably add more hints than their were. I'm curious about whether the original voice actors will return to the series for the American series I mean, also I wonder if 4Kids will change lines around and stuff. It happens in the original series so it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfan17
    My guess is 4Kids will add more shippyness too the episode than their is like what they did to the season one between Misty/Ash. So they'll probably add more hints than their were. I'm curious about whether the original voice actors will return to the series for the American series I mean, also I wonder if 4Kids will change lines around and stuff. It happens in the original series so it's possible.
    Somehow I doubt it. They wouldn't add in a line about Ash in this of all episodes, if they were to add in a line it would be in the earlier Misty hosos. And besides, what dialouge would they change?

As for voice actors Misty and Tracey will reprise their roles, I think Cassidy's VA left 4kids so she would be the only one different.

~Toshi~ Guest

I'm personally kind of wierded out by the fact that Yama-tachi both had hearts in their eyes and were ooohing over the luvdiscs...

*Alls Fair in Love and Luvdisc.
    I like the 4th one the best.

I can't wait to see the dubbed versions of the B&C Hoso eps! Even though after Pikachu Re-Volts they got a lot less intimidating...Pikachu Re-Volts was the best yet.

Yeah, it's kind of a shame they're slowly turning Yamato and Kosaburou into comedic characters. I mean, Musashi-tachi are already the designated comic relief squad, Yamato and Kosaburou are the ones who are supposed to be real villains who know what they're doing. :/

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast