Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Luvdisc is a Many Splendoured Thing! (016)

Well, they tried to argue that they were only under the spell of the Luvdisc, and some theoriesed that one of the ways in which that 'spell' was broken was through Misty realising that she had 'feelings' for Ash, as you can see from a post below

Hrmmm...

Am I the only PokéShipper who doesn't have a problem with this episode having an actual TAMR moment? After all, they are both under the influence of some kind of Attract vs. Attract feed-back. Emotions are a funny thing, especially in teens, so I have no problem that Misty and Tracey really are attracted to each other. However, stuff like that is based on biochemical imbalances rather than real emotional connections. Certainly it wouldn't be anything lasting. After all, too many hearts would be broken (winks at Starfallen).

Heh. I've just had two really off-the-wall ideas. They're both probably a mile out, but it would be cute, nonetheless.
    Tracey and Misty lean close to kiss.

KENJI: Oh, Kasumi-chan...

KASUMI: Oh, Sato-kun...

*snap* Both snap out of their trances, break apart and stare at each other.

KENJI: Wh... what?

KASUMI: Satoshi!

KASUMI turns and flees from the Gym, not even bothering to switch out of her mermaid costume apart from getting rid of the tail. As she leaves, she passes SAKURA.

SAKURA: Kasumi! Where are you going?

KASUMI: Take care of the gym! I'll be back... eventually!

Out on the docks, KASUMI releases her Gyarados and jumps on its back.

KASUMI: To Houen! (Gyarados ploughs forward - close-up on Kasumi's face). I'm coming Satoshi! I'm coming!

Daisy turns out to be Cassidy in disguise and Tracey turns out to be Butch Kissing a chain smoker! Ugh! (ptoo! ptoo!)
    OH, and I know have the exact dub quote fro those intereste.. I have the Japanese version too for those who can translate it.. Though since it's Tracey narrating, it probably doesn't contain anything anti-orangeshipping either

Well, here we are at the Cerulean Gym, where love is in the air. A love so true and so powerful that nothing can stop it. No, this love isin't between Misty and Tracey, this love is not even between two people.
    Last edited by STJ; 14th March 2006 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by STJ
    I can imagine many Orangeshippers viewing that episode very highly
    Sure, because it gives them screenshots of Tracey and Misty looking like they're in love. But since it was a scene of Daisy imagining them acting, it can hardly be considered a hint.

Quote Originally Posted by STJ
    and in my opinion, I didn't see anything in that episode that was anti-Orangeshipping
    Misty and Tracey's total non-reaction to the idea of being in a romantic scene together seems like an anti-hint to me. In a previous Hoso Misty was blushing furiously just from being asked if there was a guy she liked. I think that if Misty had a thing for Tracey, she'd be at least a little embarassed about the idea of doing a romantic scene in the play with him. There's also the narrator saying that they're not in love, though I'm not sure if that's a dub-only thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    I'd like to know how an episode that has nothing to do with Ash and Misty to be anywhere *near* Pokeshipping related.
    The Delcatty episode also had nothing to do with Ash and Misty, yet it very overtly hinted that Misty's feelings for Ash haven't changed. It's more debatable whether this ep has any real Pokéshipping hints, but it's more reasonable than calling a scene that exists only in Daisy's mind a hint.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Desperate times I guess?
    You would know about desperation for hints, since you favorite ship has none.

Quote Originally Posted by Magus
    Sure, because it gives them screenshots of Tracey and Misty looking like they're in love. But since it was a scene of Daisy imagining them acting, it can hardly be considered a hint.
    Obviously it's not a hint. But it's still one of the sweetests pokemon scenes I've ever saw. Other shippers would die if those scenes had involved their ships, and claim that as a hint. Oh, I bet so

There's also the narrator saying that they're not in love, though I'm not sure if that's a dub-only thing.
    This is the narrator line again, posted by STJ above:

Well, here we are at the Cerulean Gym, where love is in the air. A love so true and so powerful that nothing can stop it. No, this love isin't between Misty and Tracey, this love is not even between two people.
    Some wouldn't consider it shippy, but it's definitely not anti-shippy. The guy was talking about love and Cerulean Gym - Misty is the gym leader, so it's understandable, but why to relate the whole thing with Tracey, who lives away in Pallet Town? What's up with the writers' insistence about relating Misty+Tracey+romance every single episode they appear together in the hosos? There aren't canon hints, but they always find a way to please orangeshippers supporters
    Banner by me

[Claims] Shiryu from Saint Seya (bishie) | Raimundo from Xiaolin Showdown (cartoon bishie) | Heart of Sword from Rurouni Kenshin (anime song)

Other shippers would die if those scenes had involved their ships, and claim that as a hint. Oh, I bet so
    But of course!

and in case you were wondering, yes, that narrator line was probably dub-only, because in the Japanese version, Tracey is the one speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lux
    Obviously it's not a hint. But it's still one of the sweetests pokemon scenes I've ever saw. Other shippers would die if those scenes had involved their ships, and claim that as a hint. Oh, I bet so
    Would I claim it as a hint if it had been Ash and Misty? No.

Spam screenshots of it, certainly, but not claim it as a hint.

Jazlynn Guest

I would love to see that episode in English. I've seen the episode pictures. I like the picture where Cass and Butch are sharing a sundae together. How romanic. Then I like the picture where Cass and Butch are down in their cave and Cass is drinking tea.

Jazlynn

Well, I'm surprised no one posted here last night since it was on CN. No matter! I of course had to watch it (even though I've seen this episode months ago and posted here over a million times).

Okay now I'm getting really annoyed with all of the screwing up of Butch's name. Even Cassidy had to screw this one up...Twice even!

Daisy, I hate her on so many friggin' levels. Well for the first thing is that whole dumb blonde act. Ugh! Drove me nuts to where I wanted to throw things at my TV. And of course having that damn Orangeshipping image.

Feel free to critisize that. I stand by what the hell I just said.

And no night would be complete without having a screaming orga...I mean, oh well you know what Medea means. When Tracey turned around in that prince outfit...JIMINY CRICKET! That was great.

Well, seeing as it will be the last Tracey episode I will be seeing until the last AG episode (which should be airing sometime next year) all I say is very sad (on many levels).

Well, Prince Tracey...Always a great birthday gift (as it has been for 2004, 2005 and 2006).

I thank you to sit through one of my rants!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

It was a bit odd seeing Misty in this special without Togepi at first, but then I quickly remembered that this special was from season eight. Misty and Daisy were both pretty good in this episode, and Tracy was pretty funny throughout. I liked how he kept making sarcastic remarks, and how the method acting was weirding him out. LOL At least Daisy has gotten soome extra screentime with these specials, it's helped me distinguish her from the other two annoying sisters (and made her less annoying in return). The luvdisc were cute too. My favorite parts of the whole special had to be when Cassidy and Butch got hearts in their eyes over the luvdisc using rendevous, and being aghast over their pokemon being lovey-dovey with each other.

Overall, 7.5/10.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

GoldSilverCrys is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by Medea View Post
    *time once again for Medea's ramblings*

I am going to strangle the Narrator and Daisy! Okay, maybe not! I'm just not wild about Orangeshipping one bit (no offense to Orangeshippers out there). And as for Daisy, she just bugs the living crap out of me! Now then the episode, it had it's cute parts. The Luvdisc were pretty cool and...okay enough of that!
    Hilarious ep. However, Orange shipping is ok. it's pkmn shipping that gets my goat.

PRINCE TRACEY! PRINCE TRACEY!

Tracey in his prince outfit! That was just too hot for words! Too bad he wouldn't do it in real life, since he doesn't want to wear tights!
    hahaha! that's really silly-imagines him doing it in real life- hahaha!

By Yami Ookami

My MSN Space! http://kentamarina-lot.spaces.live.com/ For Questshippers!!!

it was a pretty romanitc episode and some orangeshipping
    IM BACK Everyone <3
    SPPF's NO 1 Ash ketchum Lover Forever <3 |Ash is My Bishie <3 * Holds Tight And Huggles
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/j9xzk4.jpg[/IMG]
    Soul Mate - Shikamaru | Banner - Katsu | Erica ~Still a Mudkip + Sceptile Lover
    The Mudkip | Torchic | Treecko Fan club | Ash Doll | Ash Club <3 | Emiline Ketchum - roleplay
    Pair - Flare | Penpals : Katsu Katsuko and Endless Summer
    Em*Katsu*Rubi*Hika*Kelly*Zino*Tama = The SatoQuintruplets
    Satochu Lover Twins - Pikagirl
    Ask me for my pearl code! | Diamond Friend Code - 3823 5121 4699
    No matter where you are Ash your always gonna be mine

A nice episode. I liked when the two Luvdiscs beat Team Rocket.
    ·.·´Ż`·.·Forum Rules | Signature Rules | FAQ·.·´Ż`·.·

"I love you as the plant that never blooms / but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
    thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance, / risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body..."

(Pablo Neruda, Chilean Poet)

i have this on dvd.

my fav scene is wear casedy and butch have them cornered in the river with a net on either side, and sableye is ordered to attack.

only sableye stops and points at the water.

casedy, then shouts, "don't tell me you can't swim"

Sableye, blushes and says it's name, embasingly

Hilariously, funny!!!!

"He's Quagmire, Quagmire,"
    "No one really knows what he's gona do next,"
    "He's Quagmire, Quagmire,"
    "Giggedy, giggedy, giggedy, giggedy, lets have sex!!!!"

Aww the luvdisc were sooooooooooo cute when they made the butterfly!

E><3
    Crystal's PokePet

Moonlight the level 30 Shiny Umbreon!
    Thanks Wig for the trainer card! Thanks Ayra for the banner! You guys rock!!!

It's nice to see two new additions to the Cerulean Gym, and the way Misty was encouraging Cassern makes me hope Misty will use that courage to go after Ash, it was also nice to see Misty and Daisy working together in a battle.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

This is one of my favorite episodes from Pokemon Chronicles.

I always enjoy seeing Daisy play a bigger part than just the 'snooty older sister'. Misty was pretty okay here, but, she wasn't as fun as she was in some of the other specials. And Tracey. Oh, Tracey. He's such a pushover. XD It's a treat to watch Tracey actually doing things after his adventures in the Orange Islands. ...The only complaint I've got is how Cassidy and Butch have become merely comic relief rather than being the actual devious members of Team Rocket.

Oh, the romantic subplot between the two Luvdisc was so adorable.

im glad the misty got a luvidisc it fits her

merry christmas!

Daisy annoys me. Her voice and and the dumb blond act/personality is aggregivating.

The reason for B&C going after the Luvdisc is to rid the world of love (weak attempt to make them seem villianous), but yet one pose in their motto says otherwise. I'm not a Neoshipper, but still - it looks like they're dancing together.

Okay, the running gag on Butch's name is funny, but it's reaching overkill now.

"Oh no! They're rendevousing (sp)!" - Cassidy
    ...the hell?

"Oh, no, Cassidy! They froze the shadowball!" - Butch
    They could have re-did that line so it didn't sound as so corny and cheezy as it did. Then again this is Pokemon and the dub is full of cheezy lines like that in every episode.

It was cute when Cassidy orders Sableye to use fury, it goes to attack, then stops and looks confused, having Cassidy to say "Why did you stop? Can't you swim?", and then she falls over when it tells her it can't.

Tracey and Misty looked hot and cute (respectively) in their costumes.
    Last edited by Phlossie; 3rd January 2007 at 3:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlossie View Post
    Okay, the running gag on Butch's name is funny, but it's reaching overkill now.
    Not when there are scenes like this:

Cassidy: "Our Luvdisc are getting away! Hey, get a move on, Butch!"
    Butch: "It's Butch, ya got it? ...Oh, that's what you said."

XD

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

The Butch gag was never funny to me....Anyway I liked seeing Misty with a new pokemon.
    [IMG]http://i13.*******.com/47lo29z.png[/IMG]
    Credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the awsome banner!

~Bishie~Mafia~Song~Friends

Beh. That Male Luvdisc is weak. He can date Female with force not to cry like some baby. Every female hate weak male....

Lovedisc is epic type pokemon in my opinion. They can fly by using the power of ''love'' ( I want to mean that , when they kiss they are able to fly by working together and thats very cool thing ) İt shows every ''Diva '' type girl has a soft point (Female Lovedisc in episode ) so that means guys dont give up ( or I am guy pretending like that )

Tracey must find a youth potion for his Scyter.TR failed again ! the uniform, the name or the place, it doesnt matter TR always fails.

Even the TR guys at Raikou.
    Pokemon Fan who born from its ''Ashes''

Misty gets a new pokemon! That was a good major event. The plot of this episode was interesting. This was a pretty good episode. 9/10

Cassidy and Butch are my fave TR members ^_^;
    its nice to see them again, and nice to see Luvdisc too<3
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

*Caserien and Luvrien fly off cliff* Cassidy:"They're rendevousing" (hope i spelled that right ) Best part of all.
    PUT THE POKEBALL DOWN,MAN!DONT MAKE ME BLOW UP MY WAILORD ON YOU.

Are you a water/ice mono trainer?Join the clan!
    V V V

Butch brought up a very good question when he asked "who knew they could run?"
    Quick, Luvdiscs; hop for your lives!
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast