Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Those Darn Electabuzz! (017)

Default Those Darn Electabuzz! (017)

Those Darn Electabuzz!

During her travels, Casey bumps into a Charizard that is running away from the Electabuzz baseball team. It turns out htat it cannot use Fire Attacks or Fly making it useless. Casey decides to help the team by teaching it how to fly and use fire attacks. Can she succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This is pretty belated, but I've finally sent a guide for this ep to Serebii. It should be on the main site the next time he updates.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Crystal Latios Guest

I have seen.

Pretty boring. I mean, Casey meets a guy from her Baseball Team. They have troubles with scared and weak Charizard. Later Charizard saves them from a water. No, really, nothing special. Also, Casey should grow up sometime. She is so noisy.

Geodude, there's a bit of a problem with your guide. That isn't Casey's father.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Crystal Latios Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    Geodude makes sometimes sweet mistakes, don`t you think? ^.~

Casey`s Father is a that tall guy from a first episode about her (Johto).
    We could see him in her dreams.

You know i seriously thought Casey would catch a charizard or something. Stupid me

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    Heh...oops. And I'd been under the impression that he WAS her father. I'm not sure who gave me that idea...thanks, I'll get Serebii to change it next time I send him a new guide. Now that you mention it, he's the pitcher's father isn't he? I now seem to remember you saying that once before. Did he have a name?

At least that was the ONLY mistake you pointed out, so that's good for me...

Well, I've found another problem. Shigeo is Tsuyoshi's father's name. The Charizard trainer is Kanta. And the most likely reason you thought he was Casey's father is that Casey always addressed him as "Papa-san".
    Last edited by Murgatroyd; 4th December 2004 at 4:40 AM.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Ah, ok. I think it might have been Dogasu who misled me on those names.

Abusoru Guest

I dislike Casey. Her team song is fine but I don`t like her personality. She is very noisy.
    Special is ok, but not so special. Hehe. That scared Charizard was sweet, I belive, it was a female. Ending was ummm..... weird. Charizard could be under water and she didn`t die. Weird.
    Of course, shippy part.... Casey and that guy from her fav Team. Nice part.

I only caught the last few minutes of this. The Charizard's dub name was 'Don'. Based off Lizardon, or would 4Kids have the cop on for that?

Yeah, the whole 'dove straight into a river' bit is interesting alright.

EDIT: I have to go out in a minute, but the next time this ep is on Toonami would someone be so kind as to post up the Sky Digital synopsis for it? I am positive they refer to Casey as a he. And for the Brawly ep on Sky One tomorrow they refer to Brawly as a female. Go Sky, keep on diggin!
    Last edited by Batdude; 31st August 2005 at 5:52 PM.

wouldn't charizard's tail have gone out when it dived unerwater?

I didn't like this ep much....

too much yellow..... pls it had a crap plot

still not as bad as other chronicles eps

5/10
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

I only just watched this episode today on Toonami, it was alright, i'd say. Casey's song really annoys me though, as i guess it's supposed to, as did Charizard's or 'Don's' scaredy-cat attitude..
    .:My Xanga:.+.:My Art:.
    "Co-Owner of 'The Gay/Lesbian Alliance Club'"

Quote Originally Posted by Batdude
    I only caught the last few minutes of this. The Charizard's dub name was 'Don'. Based off Lizardon, or would 4Kids have the cop on for that?
    Don was its name in the original. Yes, it's short for Lizardon. It's cool that they kept it, although it doesn't make much sense in the dub.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Ah, ok. I think it might have been Dogasu who misled me on those names.
    Yeah, I think I did too. Sorry about that.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Don was its name in the original. Yes, it's short for Lizardon. It's cool that they kept it, although it doesn't make much sense in the dub.
    Maybe it's a mafia Charizard in the dub

This episode looks...meh. The idea of a cowardly Charizard is novel, but other than that, it doesn't look that great. Eh, I'll wait until I can see it myself to say more...
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

pokeee Guest

erm
    some names please?
    the boy, the young and old basballplayer?

Quote Originally Posted by pokeee
    erm
    some names please?
    the boy, the young and old basballplayer?
    Why do you always ask the names? ¬_¬ Anyway Kori was the older one but I can't remember the younger one.

I've finally seen this and I'm glad we saw an unuber Charizard, but disgusted we saw a CHarizard at all. This is the second reference I know of to a Japanese name (a Qwilfish trainer was once called Harisen), are there any more? It's a nifty little tidbit to more informed fans.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Shuckle
    wouldn't charizard's tail have gone out when it dived unerwater?
    I'm pretty sure Ash's Charizard has had its tail underwater a few times too, yet came out with the flame magically intact.

Well, I saw this episode a couple of hours ago and for the most part, it was very touching. Even though, I HATE Casey and I HATE Baseball it was pretty good. It was also nice to see a Charizard that wasn't Ash's.

So pretty good...

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by Abusoru
    I dislike Casey. Her team song is fine but I don`t like her personality. She is very noisy.
    She's based off a a Baseball fanatic. Of course she's noisy.

Quick question: was the Magmar/Rapidash line a dub addition? I can see Casey with a Rapidash, somehow.

Casey looked so cute in her cheerleader outfit.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Casey has been one of my favorite recurring characters since her first appearances on the show, and I still enjoyed her in this special. It was hard watching her be rough on Cory and Don, but at least it went for a good cause in the end. Cory's dad is right, she certainly has a lot of energy that's catchy. I loved the looks on Cory and Don's faces when Casey roped them into cheering. ROFLOL It was nice to see Casey's beedrill again too.

I also found it interesting to see a Charizard that was a total wimp and coward for most of the episode. I just finished watching the Jerk Charizard episodes of the regular series (ah, gotta love "Charizard Chills"), and it is a big contrast to see a charizard that's the total opposite. I liked the story as a whole.

Overall, 8/10. At least we'll finally get to see that other special that takes up most of the opening credits for the Chronicles next week.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

I saw that. lol I like the name Don for some reason....xD What I named my partner Charmander in Mystery Dungeon. Overall, I thought the episode was cool only cause of Charizard 8/10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast