Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Search For A Legend! (018)

Didn't they say that Richie was from "Frotama City"? If that is true where is it?
    I am the proud member of the Hoenn Lovers Club. (click below)http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107609 I am the king of the Red Moon! ^_^
    ¤ If you ever pushed a door that said pull, put this in your signature. ¤

Just saw this in the US. This episode was awesome. Salamence was awesome. It was funny how Butch mispronounced Dr. Namba's name. Moltres was cool.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Really good episode I always enjoy seeing Richie, one of my favorite supporting Characters.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

was nice to see Moltres again.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

This episode made me think of the thread asking if Team Rocket's disguises have ever fooled you. If it wasn't for seeing the episode pictures a few years ago, and Cassidy's unique hairstyle, they could have easily fooled me in this episode. Even Butch's voice sounded different.

This was a pretty good special overall. I saw it a week late, thanks to my stupid TV, but at least I enjoyed it. Richie wasn't as great here as he was in his previous two Chronicles episodes, but the story itself was good. Silver was an interesting guest character. I liked the part when Butch called Nanba "Mambo", and the radio was animated with Nanba yelling at him. That had me ROFLOL, and going back over it a few times. Nevertheless, after so many Butch and Cassidy episodes, at least we won't see them again until next spring.

Overall, 7/10.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

GoldSilverCrys is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by GoggleHead View Post
    This looks like an okay episode. Moltres is a Fire Pokemon, so therefore I have to like the episode. It's funny that tough Silver guy has a Chikorita. You'd think he'd have something else fully-evolved or stronger to compliment his Salamence. They only have one Hoenn Pokemon in it, that means it may be boring.
    True. I expected something really fierce- like a um.... I don't know. It was really a suprise, anyways.
    I think I'll like the rest of Legend of Thunder even though there are no Hoenns, but that's just 'cause Jimmy is the best! Ritchie is just so-so, therefore it's not insured I like this one. The only really good thing is he has a Charmeleon.
    Anyone knows that Ritchie is just boring goody two shoes. Jimmy has more flavor.

By Yami Ookami

My MSN Space! http://kentamarina-lot.spaces.live.com/ For Questshippers!!!

I haven't seen this episode yet...looks good....with Richie, the mistakes and all. Ooooh, Cassidy in short shorts!
    do you believe in magic?

credit to mah bffl. <3
    pair is ICE CUBED // bffl is §Suicune§

Why was it necessary for Richie to bring up Ash? o_0 He must not have much of a social life...

All in all I thought this was so-so. Not particularly interesting...

Jessie, James, and Meowth are pointless enough by themselves. They don't need Chronicle counterparts. I've never had a problem with TR outside of the infamous trio, but if Butch and Cassidy keep filling in their role I just might. >.<

I think I'll like the rest of Legend of Thunder even though there are no Hoenns, but that's just 'cause Jimmy is the best! Ritchie is just so-so, therefore it's not insured I like this one. The only really good thing is he has a Charmeleon.
    Are you saying you only like Pokemon when it has the ones from the third generation? Why? o_0

But anyway, yesh, Kenta > Richie. (But that's just my opinion, and a biased one at that. I love anything Crystal version. ^.~)
    Pearl Name: Aurora
    Friend Code: 2663 9162 0376

Just note that I suck at competitive battling.

Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoLovesPineapples View Post
    Why was it necessary for Richie to bring up Ash? o_0 He must not have much of a social life...
    Bah. He mentioned Ash to create a implied shippy moment. Duh. lol
    Artichan's PokePet

Arti the level 1 Articuno!

Arti's F@g-Hags: fanderichie, Fullmetal_Alchemist, lilineko, magnemite, Phantom_Bugsy, taitofan, The Incarnation Pokemon, and twilightespeon, Zino

Wow, Boomanda it's pretty strong. I would like to see it again 10/10
    ·.·´Ż`·.·Forum Rules | Signature Rules | FAQ·.·´Ż`·.·

"I love you as the plant that never blooms / but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
    thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance, / risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body..."

(Pablo Neruda, Chilean Poet)

Seeing Richie again is nice, it's interesting that he's always traveling alone and not with a group. The way Silver reacts when he hears Ashes name make me wonder if he's encountered him before or if he' possibly Ashes father. The battle between Salamence and Molters was excellent I liked how Molters turned Dragonrage into that giant Moltres. Also Team Rocket must get hot wear their disguises over the uniforms all the time when undercover that's got to be uncomfortable.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I'm actually sick of seeing of this episode, but I like it alright because Butch and Cassidy are in it

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

It was alright.

Richie is always good for a change.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyangfriday View Post
    If black and white are the official names im gonna have to get black to not be racist, but also get white to not look obviously not racist.

I have a wild theory. You know how we never saw Ash's dad? Well combined with the fact that he was so surprised to hear about Ash and that he was searching for Moltres for years he very well could be. PM me your opinion
    My 3DS Friend Code is 1633-4748-1177. PM me if you add me. My friend safari is poison with Cascoon, Whirlipede, and Swalot.

Richie is cool. But he should change his look, he looks too much like Ash. I would like to finally see his full team though.
    Name: ASH
    PEARL FRIEND CODE: 4811 3806 8597

I am one of the 3 leaders of the Riolu For Ash Club alongside Dax, and Shadowdragon16. PM or e-mail me to join!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Silver seems to know who Ash is, and acts surprised when he hears his name.
    Maybe Silver is Ash's dad

Silver recognizes Ash's name. He's got a cutesy Pokemon that rides around on his shoulders. He's got a flying dragon powerhouse. He's following a legendary firebird. He's loud, brash, and a little arrogant. Silver being Ash's father seems pretty plausible to me, considering the sheer number of parallels between the two.
    Why do we fight?

For need, or desire? For love, or hate? For dream, or destiny?

For the end... or the beginning?

Pokemon: Origins
    ------------
    We are GARhalla.

Guys isit possible to buy Chronicals on Dvd or bluray? Or even Video?
    Cool site to Watch Pokemon

I don't believe the anime mentioned it, but does this take place on One Island in the Sevii Islands? Or is Mt. Ember a coincidence?

Anyway, I loved that Richie appeared again, and that he got his own story. This is probably the last we'll see of him so it's good to see him with a Legendary Pokemon (Moltres).

Team Rocket, always messing stuff up when they aren't bothering Ash...9/10

Wow, Moltres...
    First time I see it. I loved to see Silver's Chikorita, it means that he is from Johto.
    What a pity that Silver did not have a serious chance to fight Moltres because I have a feeling that his Salamence was beating it.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Nice episode, great to see Moltres as well and of course Cassidy and Butch will go after it. Moltres being injured kinda of reminded me of Articuno in Noland's first episode actually. Pity Salamence and Moltres didn't get to battle for longer
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

This episode was cool. It was great to see Moltres in this episode, my fav. legendary Fire type. It was cool to see a battle between Salamance and Moltres that wasn't about capturing, but to make each other stronger. Those disguises of Cassidy and Butch were so obvious... The battle between Moltres and Salamance was great!

This was awesome! I loved Silvers Chikorita, it's much like Ash' Pikachu, but much cuter!

Also nice to see Chikorita with other "kinds of trainers", Chikorita in other episodes were from Casey and Ash, both young, stubborn trainers. Also nice to see a cute Chikorita with an experienced trainer who searches for legendary Pokemon.

Also, great battle between Salamence and Moltres. Sure, the battle wasn't finished, but still great!

Most people searching for legendaries in both the anime and the movies are evil. It was good to see someone searching for a legendary Pokemon, without any evil intentions.

There should've been a sequel to this, with a finished battle between Moltres and Silver (who would probably use Salamence again).
    Last edited by AquaMilotic; 9th August 2011 at 1:50 PM.

mite be late to right this .. but it has been my favorite classic episode.. ritchie has been my favorite character of all time... still hoping for his appearance in the future

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12