Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Old Rivals, New Tricks (591)

Everybody is going mad about the fact ambipom beat haunter with a normal type move

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

I expected that Dawn would lose to Kenny. She has had a long winning streak now.
    I hopes Kenny's Machoke will have som mowes no of the other Machokes has had.
    That specie is SO overused (Macoke).
    TO THE STAFF
    I found an error in my username, the letter w.
    Could I please change my name to Shiny Pokemon Lover? P.S I replase this text with a thank you line to the staff member who does it.

I expected that Dawn would lose to Kenny. She has had a long winning streak now.
    I hopes Kenny's Machoke will have som mowes no of the other Machokes has had.
    That specie is SO overused (Macoke).

I think Mamswine reacted at how strong Kennys Prinplup and Machoke was if I am right? Mabye it will inspire Mamoswine to start to help Dawn ut in contests?
    Last edited by Shiny pokemon lower; 17th April 2009 at 10:27 PM.
    TO THE STAFF
    Could I please change my name to Shiny Pokemon Lover? P.S I replase this text with a thank you line to the staff member who does it.

The only thing I didn't care for, and this goes for most of the DP Contests besides probably the Gabite and Wallace Cup, is we see the same dudes fight basically. One thing I loved about the AG Contests were each one usually debuted a pretty kick *** dude like Medicham, Dusclops, or Cacturne who really struted their stuff.

The only thing I didn't care for, and this goes for most of the DP Contests besides probably the Gabite and Wallace Cup, is we see the same dudes fight basically. One thing I loved about the AG Contests were each one usually debuted a pretty kick *** dude like Medicham, Dusclops, or Cacturne who really struted their stuff.

I liked this episode. I was kind of relieved that Dawn lost because now Kenny has the same amount of Ribbons as her. It seems Mamoswine is interested in contest. I hope she uses it to get her last Ribbon until the Grand Festival. Now we have been seeing more Kenny.....cool.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Oh hey, SPPf's alive enough that I can actually post my thoughts on the latest episode of Pokemon:Plushies and Platinums. Even though it's a contest episode. If there's anything I have fewer comments about than generic battling, it's generic contest-ing.

-The first sight to grace these up-far-too-late eyes is...Jun! My final review score is 5/5, I definitely recommend watching this episode.
    -Ash and Jun are training for the ping-pong tourny. They had better be getting a goddamn Master Ball as a prize, considering how seriously they're taking it.
    -Ambipom something something and then Kenny arrives and mentions the contest and something something and some peeps talk about ping-pong and Ambipom starts something something. Oh well, I'm sure I'm just missing blatent foreshadowing about something.
    -Whoa, shiny new title screen there! ...I can't really approve. It's too "HEY! WE HAVE CGI! HEY! HEEEEEY! DID WE MENTION THAT WE HAVE CGI?"
    -In other news, the weather for today is clear skies with a 100% chance of basketball-sized hail.
    -Mamoswine's pulling the ol' "pretend that I'm not really interested in this", I see.
    -Holy mother of moly, flashbacks to when Ash had Aipom! All aboard the "foreshadowing for something or other" train!
    -There are waaaay too many bright colors and lights and sounds in the contest hall for ADD Lad to pay attention to anything.
    -Ah, the good ol' judge trio of "Looks-vaguely-like-Giovanni," "May or may not be toked up," and "Random Cloned Nurse." It's been so long!
    -The animators must be so proud of reusing TR outfits they first drew back when Ash had just gotten to Vermillion City.
    -Jessie uses the classic contest strategy of "do nothing for a while so that everyone starts paying attention to you and why you're not doig anything"
    -Coupled with "force EVERYONE to start dancing". She's a shoe-in to win, I say!
    -Obligatory stillshot montage of other contest entrants. You know, just to remind everyone that there are more than three people in each contest.
    -Kenny shows off Machoke by...having it lift a very heavy weight with one hand. Impressive, but not exactly shiny flashy contest impressive.
    -Dawn is mildly depressed for no apparent reason.
    -Blah blah Jessie loses blah.
    -Ambipom sure does have a lot of talents related to the upcoming piss-small ping-pong tournement. Because it's not like an an agile monkey with two arms for tails would naturally have more talent at things that involve skillfully hitting things.
    -Kenny wins, the writers proceed to pretend he doesn't exist until the grand festival, the end.
    -Look, Kenny's even leaving an ep before Jun! We are so not seeing him again until the GF.

An average contest ep. The only things that make it at all notable are the fact that Kenny exists and that the writers are blatently building up some drama for the ping-pong ep. That's some pretty lame things to be notable about, but DP contests are all about being sub-par.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

IMO the contests from Hoenn were way better and more memorable with the exception of the wallace cup

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Good character development on Mamoswine. And his eyes sure are huge.

Signatures by Me.

Since Mewoth said that he'll get Jessy her third ribbon in the next contest,
    Dawn will probably have to wait for another contest to win her last, fifth ribbon.
    I can already imagine Mewoth getting beat up by one of Dawn's contest battle pokemon in the next final and win at the end with water-filled eyes and body covering scars.
    Anyway, it was good episode before the main event, pokemon pingpong!
    Platinum FC: 5241 7799 4194

Mabye Meowth really will battle for her and win her a ribbon. But then he have to train and mabye learn some new mowes!?
    He most probably arent able to do that but he have two victories aftr all.
    (Brock's Onix and a wild Persian)
    TO THE STAFF

Wonder what attacks Meowth will learn? Maybe Night Slash.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Omg! could you imagine if Meowth beat....Mamoswine? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    The only thing I didn't care for, and this goes for most of the DP Contests besides probably the Gabite and Wallace Cup, is we see the same dudes fight basically.
    I noticed that with Kenny especially, only his Prinplup is really getting screentime.

We hardly see anything of Alakazam, Breloom or Machoke. I honestly forgot he had Alakazam too.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Omg! could you imagine if Meowth beat....Mamoswine? lol.
    haha, i think i would actually start pissing myself laughing. and the fandom would be in an amusing uproar i expect. xD skills for meowth though if that DOES happen, i mean, how many battles has it ever won?
    Beautifly are my Bishie!
    hands off or my Beautifly's shall take you away and have their way with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shiftry View Post
    haha, i think i would actually start pissing myself laughing. and the fandom would be in an amusing uproar i expect. xD skills for meowth though if that DOES happen, i mean, how many battles has it ever won?
    Three. Brock's Onix, a Persian, and Barry's Empoleon.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Yeah I miss those old days when you'd each time get totally different pokemon being used, e.g. Skitty vs. Jynx at Pacifidlog. Yet I must admit that DP contests are not that bad, and you can take this episode as an example.

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

i dont think she will win

I like how they were building up Mamoswine's Contest debut in this episode. When Dawn saw Kenny's interesting appeal, she and the others noted how it wasn't an appeal that focused on cute or beauty, but rather showing off strength. It seems to me when Mamoswine gets into Contests it will go that route.

This episode was pne of those which are alot better with subs, as there were some pretty nice character interactions between Dawn and Mamoswine and Dawn and Kenny.

What were some of the ones between Dawn and Mamoswine?

As much as I love Mamoswine, I'm kind of worried that Dawn might only use it for the battle round. I'd love to see it use an appeal....then again that does mean more ice.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Kinda nice to see that Kenny won, it was an interesting battle
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I was completely gobsmacked when Eteboth went down so easily, after Pottaishi landed just one hit on it! But in the episode, there were some very nice visuals, and Manene's Teeter Dance was great fun.
    Here's looking forward to some Manmoo Contest time!

Do the Robot!

Well, that was an enjoyable episode this morning. Glad to see it was pretty much all about Ambipom this week. Especially seeing a few flashbacks with Ambipom with Ash. During the contest part, Jessie did a great job this time competing.

Looks like Mamoswine is taking more interet in contest now. I cant wait to see him in contest. Same for Meowth in the end, sounds like he'll be in one too.

During the final round, between Kenny and Dawn, shame Ambipom didn't win. She did great at first, then she lost in one hit afterwards. Dx Dang, well, it was a nice battle still. So ends it with Kenny winning this time.

Well, a very good episode. Now, we wait for next weeks episode....

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Kenny got his revenge after Dawn beat him at her second contest entry, now they're even. Seeing Ambipom and Prinplup performing a pokemon ping pong is making me feel like playing Pong. Too bad I don't own the game. I should Machoke or Machamp for my HG team instead of Hitmochan because of Kenny's Machoke and the fact that it reminds me Super Macho Man (the guy on my sig).

Is it just me, or did Dawn make a huge strategic blunder when she ordered Ambipom to take that hit so he could use Doublehit afterwards? Even without hindsight being 20/20, that seemed like a bad idea, especially when she had been doing well before hand. That one mistake cost her the match. To me, having a pokemon just taking a hit usually sounds like a bad idea unless said pokemon is using Protect, Detect, Endure, (plus any other attacks like those previously mentioned), is only taking a weak or non-effective attack, or is a tank. Still, overall it was a good battle and I liked the episode.
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast