Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Old Rivals, New Tricks (591)

Mmm, Ambipom wasn't strong enough.

too bad that Dawn lost.

and i loved to see Kenny's Machoke.

4/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Too bad that Jessie didn't win this contest, she was awesome with Mime Jr. I loved how Mime Jr. had the entire audience and the judges doing teeter dance, that was beyond cute. At least Jessie has gotten better over the years with the contests, but there were still some contests like this one that she should have won.

Too bad Dawn didn't win the contest either, but at least we got to see a good episode for Kenny. And it was funny when Mamoswine kept using ice shard while Dawn was practicing. Too bad it's the last contest for a certain pokemon, though.

Overall, awesome episode, but I wish Jessie had won.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Well done contest episode, one of my favourites in Sinnoh. Infact, the best GB episode so far. Sucks to see Ambipom it her last contest.

8.5/10.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

I loved how Kenny did his performance; he showed that a good act doesn't need to involve improvised fireworks and colorful shiny light displays all over the place.

Also, it wasn't surprising that Dawn lost; she had won three contests in a row before this, after all.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

It was fairly obvious that Dawn was going to lose because it was too soon for her to win her last ribbon but overall she did pretty well. Kenny and Jessie's appeals were also good. Nice episode.

That was a good contest..... but it would have been nice to see Ambipom get another win

This episode was good. It was cool to see Kenny win the rematch vs Dawn in the Contest. The Ambipom vs Prinplup battle was very cool. Mamoswine isn't quite getting really interested in contests just yet. Ambipom's appeal was very cool. It was funny how Meowth was thinking of actually trying to win the 3rd ribbon for Jessie himself. It was odd to see Ambipom actually be able to defeat a Haunter. It was cool to see Ambipom, Empoleon, and Pikachu practicing Ping-pong. It was cool how Ambipom and Prinplup were doing Ping-pong with Bubblebeam for the battle.

87/100

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234