Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colosseumshipping General Discussion

Default Colosseumshipping General Discussion

Hey Everyone! Okay, I'm a writer on Fanfiction.net. Some know me as XyKPfan. I'm an Adv. and Colosseumshipping fan. For those of you who are Colosseumshipping fans as well, could you guys give me some feedback on what you feel about my 'A Hero's Job is Never Done' Fanfic. please. I didn't really get any reviews on it but I got requests to keep writing it. I'd just like to know how you guys feel about it because it's important to me as a writer as well as a Colosseumshipping fan.

Here's the link if you need it:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4756506/..._is_Never_Done

Also, if you find any pics of Wes or Rui together I'd really appreciate it if you could post it too. They're really hard to find!

Anyway, so now, the rules:

* Post any art, screenshot, fan-fiction, or colosseumshipping related-(with the author's/artist's credit of course)

* But nothing but Pokemon Colosseum related stuff here, please.

* And no haters, please. This is for fans on

Thank you, and now...the discussion...
    Last edited by XyADVfan; 20th April 2009 at 4:23 PM.
    I find myself wondering if they'd think of making a lion/lioness pokemon next? Wouldn't that be cute?

One of Favorite Advanceshipping Moments! I don't know who the artist is, but I thank you for putting this out there!

Could you post the link for it? (Is lazy.)

But, huzzah! A Colosseumshipping thread! It's one of my favorite shippings of all time.

And I found fanart. Here it is!
    I got it off the old Colosseumshipping thread. Which has more stuff, I just didn't bookmark any of it. Don't necropost, though.

As for fics, a Google search on 'Colosseumshipping' got me this, and I know of this one. I'm trying to write some, too, but nothing beyond ideas and drafts yet.
    Last edited by esm8m; 25th April 2009 at 8:04 PM.

Smile

Oops! I'm so sorry. I didn't realize I didn't include the link until this morning. So here it is. So, yeah...My bad. I don't know how it slipped my mind.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4756506/..._is_Never_Done
    Last edited by XyADVfan; 20th April 2009 at 4:29 PM.
    I find myself wondering if they'd think of making a lion/lioness pokemon next? Wouldn't that be cute?

One of Favorite Advanceshipping Moments! I don't know who the artist is, but I thank you for putting this out there!

Hello.

:3 I want to join the discussion.

Damn, I love this shipping. Oh, and I've seen that art before.
    BUNP

Oh man, I loved Wes and Rui in Pokemon Colosseum. Reforming Bad Boy and Adventurous Tomboyish girl for the win^^!

I know, right? Nobody can resist that kind of attraction!

Okay, well here's a topic to discuss.

Why do you love this shipping?

I'll answer later. :3
    BUNP

Talking

Um. I don't really know, to be honest. I just sorta fell in love with it. Like, when I first played the game, I knew these two belonged together and I knew the type of people they were even though there wasn't much acting on Wes' part since he was the player. A brave man trying to escape from and destroy his past. A daring girl willing to stick with him. I mean, I love that!

I'll quote myself:

Quote Originally Posted by Me, Favorite Shippings Thread View Post
    Colosseumshipping - Wes x Rui
    Where to start? It's probably my favorite pairing at the moment, at least in Pokémon. There's the fact that it's the two main characters paired together, which I always like doing. Then there's the fact that Wes saved Rui, which is another typical type of pairing I like. And it's at least somewhat hinted at in the game from Rui's side. In addition, it really works well no matter how you characterize Wes. If you portray him as almost completely a villain who only does these heroic things out of self interest (although I've never seen that), Rui can show him the light. If you portray him as conflicted, unsure what to do, then she can guide him towards the right path. And if you portray him as a nice guy who fell in with the wrong people, you get more of the 'hero and damsel in distress' dynamic, which is one of my favorites. There's also the fact that they're about the right age to have a relationship, unlike the typical main character trainer.
    ...That's why. I think I've supported it on some level since I first started finding out about the game, because I'm a traditionalist and always put the main male character together with the main female character, but I really got into it when I started writing my fanfic that basically answered the question "Where the heck are Wes and Rui during XD?". Playing around with the characters so much while brainstorming just sparked a lot of Colosseumshipping-ness in my mind.

*Needs to play Colosseum again* I need to get down the quotes that make this almost one-sided canon.

And... Here! I knew I had found some other Colosseumshipping fanart! It's based off of a.... Vampire AU? So, probably would be rated T by the ESRB. Just giving you fair warning.

I agree. And the two are around the age of seventeen in the game, as opposed to the anime, where the characters usually start off as ten(at least the girls Ash traveled with, Misty aside.) Ash has be about sixteen to eighteen by now, I guess? But Wes and Rui still top the age for me.

Ooo! Love the fanart by the way! Wes looks different without his spyglasses on his head.
    Last edited by XyADVfan; 25th April 2009 at 10:44 PM.

Well, mostly it's because I like main character shippings too.
    But it's also because I think they go well together.
    And, I think esm8m had a point. I remember that there was one part of the game where Rui calls Wes her "Gallant Knight" or something like that.
    :3

Oh, that's incredible fan art.
    BUNP

DA has a good number of Colosseumshipping pics^^.

Actually I also love the idea that they're at least over thirteen. That factor is pretty rare in the Pokemon world^^.

I guess I love the pairing because they're that pairing where the girl's a supportive partner to a conflicted boy who's just trying to redeem himself. I mean Wes didn't hide that fact that he used to be part of the organization that steals and turn Pokemon to emotionless Shadow Pokemon. But Rui stuck with him anyway^^.

In trying to answer where the heck they were in XD...I dunno, living peacefully in Rui's hometown =D?

Here are the hints I've see in the game on Rui's part in which they would fit mutually well for Wes as well.

After her initial shock, Rui doesn't seem to mind very much that Wes was a former member of Team Snagem and joined to helped him on his quest to stop them.

Rui refers to Wes as her "knight in shining armor".

Rui seemed majorly ticked off or tweaked, when a certain rider chick dissed her in Pyrite and called her a "wallflower", called Wes a "hottie", and told him to "lose the wallflower and be my sweetie". After that, Rui retaliated and told Wes to "be a man" and "stomp her down".

Major shippy moment there

The two are also called lovebirds many times throughout the game, with no objection on Rui's part. Hint Hint

Even Ein, one of the four Cipher Admins, stated that the two showed up "hand-in-hand". Though, it was more likely to be as a taunt, I still see it as a hint.

I've played the game like three times since this discussion began, which is why I'm able to quote most of this stuff so precisely.

@ xyADVfan:

Oh, yeah, the runner girl (I'm pretty sure her name was Emok.)

It seems like everyone in-game sees Wes and Rui as a couple. :3
    BUNP

Quote Originally Posted by chamo-chan View Post
    @ xyADVfan:

Oh, yeah, the runner girl (I'm pretty sure her name was Emok.)

It seems like everyone in-game sees Wes and Rui as a couple. :3
    All the more reason to support it! And another reason why there can't really be an rival shippings unless you create one with either character. Everyone in the game supports the couple. So who are we as outworlders not to?

http://marykn13.deviantart.com/art/i...iseum-20270002

-Here's an adorable fanart^^. Man maybe after all my projects, I should try drawing for this couple one day. And hmmm...any idea for a new topic?

Here's a topic to discuss.

When did you first realize this was a shipping you were going to like?

I'll answer later
    Last edited by XyADVfan; 5th May 2009 at 3:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JFate View Post
    http://marykn13.deviantart.com/art/i...iseum-20270002

-Here's an adorable fanart^^. Man maybe after all my projects, I should try drawing for this couple one day. And hmmm...any idea for a new topic?
    :3

I like that fan art.

It's really nice.

I'm not sure.

If i remember correctly, while I was Playing Pokemon Colosseum a long time ago, I was thinking about what Rui said, (the knight in shinning armor thing she said) and, I'm not sure, I just started liking that shipping after that.

8D
    BUNP

It is just seems so much different than the others. Wes is the reformed bad guy and Rui is the girl that the bad guys want out of the picture. If Wes had not reformed himself, he might have ended up being the one that had to capture her. It creates a drama that appeals to me. Not to mention, people in game like this pairing. If that is not something that says, "this is meant to be," I don't know what is. Besides, they are opposites. Everyone loves the concept of opposite attraction.

Probably near the beginning of the game.
    -Sob- My Diamond is dead. R.I.P. my sweet game since I have no idea where you are.

Currently: Waiting for Heart Gold and Soul Silver to make their way to the U.S.
    Playing Platinum in between doing homework.

I'm not sure when but I definitely felt something when you just kinda noticed, after spilling all your secrets, she's still with you!

I first realized I liked this shipping after Emok(thanks chamo-chan!) called Rui a wallflower cause after that, you saw the offense written all over Rui's features. Not to mention the fact that if a girl were to follow a guy like Wes around like that for a while, I'm pretty sure some emotions would be running through both teens' heads.
    Last edited by XyADVfan; 22nd May 2009 at 3:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XyADVfan View Post
    I first realized I liked this shipping after Emok(thanks chamo-chan!) called Rui a wallflower cause after that, you saw the offense written all over Rui's features. Not to mention the fact that if a girl were to follow a guy like Wes around like that for a while, I'm pretty sure some emotions running through both teens' heads.
    Ehehe, Yeah.

Rui seemed really mad when Emok called her that.

And you do have a point, having a girl following a boy around for a while must be pretty nice.
    BUNP

If you had to guess, what do you think Wes' past could be?

In my fanfiction(see link posted on previous page), I said Wes' past could have possibly been that he was brutality abused after witnessing what Team Snagem was really about. That maybe he joined at a young age and was somehow misled about what kind of organization they really were; and when he found out that they were criminal syndicates, he probably wanted to get out but couldn't because of some kind of contract they made him sign. That would explain why he took the Snag Machine-so they couldn't steal any more pokemon.
    Last edited by XyADVfan; 24th May 2009 at 11:25 PM.

I agree with XyAD about his theory. (btw, I love your fic. 83)

Oh, or maybe he was some kid who lost both of his parents somehow and became all bad and stuff.

*is guessing now* I'm not sure, but it's nice that Rui is with him now. :3
    BUNP

Ah, the Emok scenes. They're wonderful for us Colosseumshippers, aren't they? *Is replaying Colosseum and will write down the lines in there and post them here*

Probably before the game was even out, or at the scene where she forgives him for being a Snagem member... But that was five years ago. I can't remember anymore. It didn't take long, though. It's the kind of shipping I always like.

Ooh, I like the topic. I have a couple theories, that all blend together in different ideas...
    My first theory is that he's actually the son of high-level executives (or even the owners) of the mining company we know must have been in Pyrite. In my head, there's lots of other small mining towns in that general area, some of which continue to produce gold. (Considering the fact that ores are generally distributed over an area, that makes sense.) That's why he had two Eevees, which all signs point to being a relatively rare Pokémon - I'm certain they would be expensive to obtain. He ran away somewhere between 8 and 12 because they were going to send him away to Kanto to a prestigious boarding school, and he didn't want to go. Of course, as soon as they realized he was gone, they sent out searchers and put up posters. This is when he attracted the attention of Team Snagem, at the time a small band of thieving trainers trying to get enough to eat. They were going to turn him in for the reward, but when they saw him and how much he didn't want to go, they let him join the team instead. He accepted the offer because he didn't want to be caught, knew that as a group of thieves they knew how to hide, and because he knew that inexperienced trainers with no one to turn to couldn't survive in Orre. The team remained a small, generally nice group, just doing what they needed to survive, for a long time... Until Cipher came. When Cipher gave them the Snag Machine (didn't it say somewhere that Snagem got the Snag Machines from Cipher...?), the team culture changed. They became greedy and competitive, not having the same camaraderie they had before. Wes, not liking either the new culture or the Pokémon Cipher gave to some members of the team, left, taking the Snag Machine with him in an attempt to shake the team back into its senses...
    In some versions of the above idea, another reason he leaves is because they're trying to take Espeon and Umbreon to turn into Shadows - this is a pretty common idea.
    The other theory is that he's almost a street kid, with an unknown father and a disreputable mother. He joined Snagem because he had few other options if he wanted to survive. From there, I give him more or less the same backstory. I like making his father actually be Kyogre in this particular version, though that's solely in my head. (I like human x legendary!) This makes more sense on the whole, but doesn't explain how he got two Eevees. (Maybe he stole them.)
    Sometimes I throw in a theory that he worked for a little bit in the mines, and got in an accident one day, injuring him pretty badly. He recovered, but was left with scars over most of his body, and decided never to do that again. This is the source of the weird white stripe and why he wears all-covering dark blue and black in the middle of a desert.

So I actually think Snagem was once a pretty decent group, but got warped from money. (...What? Yes, I like moralizing about absolute power corrupting absolutely.) Admittedly, I haven't really looked at the lines of Snagem people recently, so I'll have to double-check how much that really makes sense, but I think it could work. They're pretty angry about Wes leaving, and that, I think, could be as much from the loss of that bond and feeling of betrayal as it could be the anger at destroying the base. (Not that it was in good shape anyway.)

To steer it into more Colosseumshipping territory... I have a half-idea of Rui getting captured before Wes leaves Snagem, and him convincing the rest of the team to help him save her. *Needs to write more Colosseumshipping and less cross-canon shipping*

*Looks up* Wow, I wrote a lot. Hopefully it isn't too boring!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast