Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: THIS GAME IS SO HARD ;O; - PMD [All Versions] Help Thread

Why is Castform's body size four stars? It's only one foot four inches tall!
    It's got four forms (normal, fire, ice, water...) that's why. The same goes for any Pokemon that have a different form (like Cherrium, it's got two stars because it have two forms).

Surfing through the waves, diving deep into the sea,
    playing along the beach, having fun all day long.

In Explorers of the Sky, is it possible to be Munchlax, or is he partner only? And is it possible to have a starter team of Riolu and Eevee? My friend imported it and said when he got Riolu, Eevee was not on the list of partners to choose from. Are the partners that you can choose random?

And what does the Aura do in the beginning besides the color ribbon you get?
    I claimed Bug type Arceus

Quote Originally Posted by ZF911 View Post
    In Explorers of the Sky, is it possible to be Munchlax, or is he partner only? And is it possible to have a starter team of Riolu and Eevee? My friend imported it and said when he got Riolu, Eevee was not on the list of partners to choose from. Are the partners that you can choose random?

And what does the Aura do in the beginning besides the color ribbon you get?
    Munchlax is only available as a partner and if you have Riolu as a starter then I think you can get Eevee but the Pokemon that appear are random and I think if you select one and then say you don't want it the list changes slightly. It only affects the ribbon you get given, I haven't heard of anything else it does beside the starter choice.

Urgh can't recruit Jirachi!! I'm at lvl 100 but still can't recruit him...help??

*P.S. just new here. But I've completed PMD2 once...you MAY ask me for some help, but I don't know everything*

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleMew View Post
    Munchlax is only available as a partner and if you have Riolu as a starter then I think you can get Eevee but the Pokemon that appear are random and I think if you select one and then say you don't want it the list changes slightly. It only affects the ribbon you get given, I haven't heard of anything else it does beside the starter choice.
    In PMD2 you can change your Aura's color by changing the color of your DS's background...I think it's the same in PMD3.

Quote Originally Posted by temporalfairy View Post
    Urgh can't recruit Jirachi!! I'm at lvl 100 but still can't recruit him...help??

*P.S. just new here. But I've completed PMD2 once...you MAY ask me for some help, but I don't know everything*
    There isn't much you can do with it being in a dungeon where you can't take items. If the Pokemon you have at lv100 doesn't have Fast Friend IQ then can I suggest leveling up a Pokemon that can get it like Togekiss? Other than that the only help I can give you is always kill Jirachi with a Physical Move and make sure you have the last attack if you have a partner with you.

Quote Originally Posted by temporalfairy View Post
    In PMD2 you can change your Aura's color by changing the color of your DS's background...I think it's the same in PMD3.
    Sorry my bad. I haven't changed my DS colour since I got it or restarted my game.

Also btw, there is an edit button, no need to double post.

OK, thanks.
    My Favourite Pokemon:

If only you could obtain Arceus in PMD3

A slight concern. Everytime in PMD2, whenever i get to a certain level, the stats I gain after every level up decrease no matter what i do? I am completely confused as to what controls this. EVs seem not to apply, Vitamins do absolutely nothing...I'm flabbergasted. After lvl 30 or so, all my starters get is 1 point per stat and sometimes only 3 stats with only 1 point. Why? I'm not doing anything wrong, am I?

This is Denna
    Of boundless appetite
    And some other things
    but mostly the first one
    yup...

credit to Team_Magma93

Quote Originally Posted by KingRaichu View Post
    A slight concern. Everytime in PMD2, whenever i get to a certain level, the stats I gain after every level up decrease no matter what i do? I am completely confused as to what controls this. EVs seem not to apply, Vitamins do absolutely nothing...I'm flabbergasted. After lvl 30 or so, all my starters get is 1 point per stat and sometimes only 3 stats with only 1 point. Why? I'm not doing anything wrong, am I?
    It's normal for the stat gains of a Pokemon to become low like that.

The stat gains are fixed for each species, and each tends to have a range (Or ranges) of levels where their major stat increases occur, with the rest of the gains being low.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 15th May 2009 at 11:35 PM.

Interesting. Thank you. But, on a similar topic, however, does using Golden Seeds have any effect on these stat gains, similar to how using Rare Candies in the original games disregarded EV and made the Pokemon's stats lower. i can never tell the difference and i wanted to see whether or not it harms you in any way.

This is Denna
    Of boundless appetite
    And some other things
    but mostly the first one
    yup...

credit to Team_Magma93

Quote Originally Posted by KingRaichu View Post
    Interesting. Thank you. But, on a similar topic, however, does using Golden Seeds have any effect on these stat gains, similar to how using Rare Candies in the original games disregarded EV and made the Pokemon's stats lower. i can never tell the difference and i wanted to see whether or not it harms you in any way.
    No. You can use as many seeds as you want, and it won't effect your stats negatively in any way.

The only things that can impact a Pokemon's stats negatively that I'm aware of are evolving it late (As the stat gains of evolved Pokemon are generally higher), or recruiting it as a reward from a mission (As said Pokemon receive a penalty to their starting stats).

Neither are anything that a few vitamins and gummis can't fix, though.

I got the wonder mail for unlocking Mystery Jungle... I mean typed the wonder mail... I have been through there thrice and yet I haven't managed to recruit Mew... But my level is 97 and holding the golden mask... So actually, is Mew really that hard to be recruited or is it unable to be recruited?

EDIT: For more info, the others were recruited at my first visit
    Last edited by Illusione-Tempus; 20th May 2009 at 5:14 AM.

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

its hard to cach some legendary pokemons, try to use a pokemon with the iq abillity fast friend

Quote Originally Posted by seth xxh View Post
    its hard to cach some legendary pokemons, try to use a pokemon with the iq abillity fast friend
    But I thought having a high level with a golden mask will be worth it :'(

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

you need both, the iq ability and the golden mask (even in that way i kill deoxis like 10 times before he join).

Mew has 70% recruit rate no matter what item or level a pokemon has.

Does anyone know the recruit rate of these pokemon: kecleon, deoxys, jirachi, raikou, entei, latios (i tried heaps of times and failed ti get him) and more?
    Start playing ubers, not OU. Serebii needs more ubers players!

Join my new forum:

http://rayquazasheaven.freeforums.org/index.php

Credit to J-Master!

Will not be active on weekdays due to school.

Quote Originally Posted by calze6 View Post
    Does anyone know the recruit rate of these pokemon: kecleon, deoxys, jirachi, raikou, entei, latios (i tried heaps of times and failed ti get him) and more?
    Kecleon: -49.5%

Deoxys: -10%

Jirachi: -12%

Raikou: 5%

Entei: 6.4%

Latios: 0.1%

Got the numbers from upokecenter.

In BOTH versions, will,a) Earthquake work on water,
    b) is the Silver Trench(in PMD1), filled with water?
    Also, I really want a King's Rock. Is it possible to get with a wonder mail or something?In Pmd1
    Last edited by Raddaya; 5th June 2009 at 7:34 AM.
    THIS DAY IS GOING TO BE PERFECT
    Because love's in bloom~

"After all this time?"
    "Always", said Snape.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate

Quote Originally Posted by Rangeet View Post
    In BOTH versions, will,a) Earthquake work on water,
    b) is the Silver Trench(in PMD1), filled with water?
    Also, I really want a King's Rock. Is it possible to get with a wonder mail or something?In Pmd1
    A: Earthquake works anywhere, regardless of terrain. However, if you're not in a room, it'll only hit everything within two squares of whoever is using it.

B: The Silver Trench is indeed filled with water.

As for the King's Rock, you can get it with a wonder mail, and it also shows up in Wish Cave's Kecleon shops.

Thanks! BTW, could you post such a Wonder Mail?
    THIS DAY IS GOING TO BE PERFECT
    Because love's in bloom~

"After all this time?"
    "Always", said Snape.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate

use the wonder mail generator to get the wondermail (one of the sticky threads here)
    Start playing ubers, not OU. Serebii needs more ubers players!

Join my new forum:

http://rayquazasheaven.freeforums.org/index.php

Credit to J-Master!

Will not be active on weekdays due to school.

If you have pokemon mystery dungeon (sky), is there a way to recruit Mewtwo, or do you have to get PMD darkness?

uh...
    in Mystery Dungeon Explorers of darkness...
    I fainted in a dungeon and lost my ribbon..
    you know...the one you get depending on your aura thingy in the beginning?
    how can you get it back?
    can someone help me?

-razorsfire
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]
    Dark Valley Request Shop
    Visit my Deviant Art Gallery ----> here
    Read my Franticshipping One-Shot Collection

Hi, uh... I have a question. Right now I'm stuck on Darkrai in the Dark Crater. I've gotten up to the last 15 floors, but I'm out of items and patience. If I go back to Sharpedo Bluff so I can get more supplies, will I have to go back through the whole dungeon, or can I start back off at the last saving point before the final 15 floors?

Hi, uh... I have a question. Right now I'm stuck on Darkrai in the Dark Crater. I've gotten up to the last 15 floors, but I'm out of items and patience. If I go back to Sharpedo Bluff so I can get more supplies, will I have to go back through the whole dungeon, or can I start back off at the last saving point before the final 15 floors?
    Well im pretty sure if you go back to your home you would have to do all of the dungeon over again...sorry if this doesn't help
    ~Shay~

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast