Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: >>> Pokemon Ranger [all versions] Help And Questions! <<<

I've recently bought a used copy of Ranger 1. How can I tell if the previous owner already did the Manaphy mission? Ranger Net doesn't appear in the main menu, is that a good sign? Can this Manaphy egg be sent over to HG? I've heard that it can only be DP.

ETA: I was able to do the mission and send the egg to HG
    Last edited by 1quacka1; 10th August 2013 at 12:55 PM.
    3DS FC: 3652-1911-7158

Friend Safari: Psychic

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

Well, then, because they're ughness...

Anybody have any idea on how to capture Electivire in the last Thunder Temple mission?

I always get there with 3-7 min to spare.

I then take out the first part in about 30 seconds.

2.5-6.5 min.

Then, the raging part takes about 1.5 min.

1-5 min.

I'm then stuck because I can't circle with the electric field around Electivire, and it always charges at my Partners, making them useless.

And, even if they do take it out, I can't deal the last circle due to that stupid field, and eventually either my Energy peters out, or my Time is done.

Partners I use:
    Piplup
    MAX in everything.

Chikorita
    MAX in everything.

Torchic
    MAX in everything.

Shinx
    MAX in everything.

Those are the best things I have, since I've S-Ranked every Mission in the Forest and Fire Temples, and I only have Drapion and Blaziken as Boss Partners.

I also haven't gotten anything better than a B in the Ice and Thunder Temple Missions, due to sheer impossibility.

I also can't play with somebody else, as my Game refuses to connect with anything, even though the other game is there.

I'm Level 44, and my Styler has a Power Level of 84, and my Energy Level is approx. 120.

So, yeah. Help with beating Electivire, please. 'o'

Light Temple will be hell.

EDIT: Well now, I switch from Torchic to Piplup, and I end up S-Ranking this and all Dark Temples.
    Don't ask me how, I have no idea.
    Found out the reason it wouldn't connect is because EU Versions only connect with other EU Versions, so...
    Deoxys and the Odd Temple, here I come!
    Last edited by dirkac; 30th September 2013 at 12:45 PM.

2 questions. Firstly, is there any benefit to capturing all kinds of Pokemon? I am playing the first Pokemon Ranger and I am in an ice cave trying to get a "Loudred", as its called in the US, and I have to ride down a difficult slide and I can keep asking myself, is it worth it?

My other question is do I have to have that special coupon thing to get a Manaphy? The biggest reason by far that I even got the game in the first place is that I wanted to get a Manaphy to transfer to my Platinum game. So has this mostly been a waste of time?
    "Even to your old age I will be the same, And even to your graying years I will bear you! I have done it, and I will carry you; and I will bear you and I will deliver you." - Isaiah 46:4

;700;

Quote Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
    2 questions. Firstly, is there any benefit to capturing all kinds of Pokemon? I am playing the first Pokemon Ranger and I am in an ice cave trying to get a "Loudred", as its called in the US, and I have to ride down a difficult slide and I can keep asking myself, is it worth it?

My other question is do I have to have that special coupon thing to get a Manaphy? The biggest reason by far that I even got the game in the first place is that I wanted to get a Manaphy to transfer to my Platinum game. So has this mostly been a waste of time?
    1. Yes. Well, sort of.
    By capturing all Pokémon, you get to capture that Snorlax that blocked paths all over you journey.
    Capturing Snorlax gives you a special medal, and a little ceremony.

2. The coupon is only in the JP version. If you have any other version, you merely need to enter a button sequence to unlock Ranger Net, another button sequence to nlock the password input, and finally input a password dependant on region.
    IIRC youcan get the Button Sequences and the Passwords from Psypokes.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    1. Yes. Well, sort of.
    By capturing all Pokémon, you get to capture that Snorlax that blocked paths all over you journey.
    Capturing Snorlax gives you a special medal, and a little ceremony.

2. The coupon is only in the JP version. If you have any other version, you merely need to enter a button sequence to unlock Ranger Net, another button sequence to nlock the password input, and finally input a password dependant on region.
    IIRC youcan get the Button Sequences and the Passwords from Psypokes.
    I have the Japanese version so does that mean I'm out of luck?
    "Even to your old age I will be the same, And even to your graying years I will bear you! I have done it, and I will carry you; and I will bear you and I will deliver you." - Isaiah 46:4

;700;

I have the Japanese version so does that mean I'm out of luck?
    Sadly enough, yes.

The JP Version needed the Coupon given away only during Events.

IIRC, there were Four Coupons, each one unlocking a Mission.

Maybe if you Google/Bing/Yahoo/Whatever it, you could find one?

So far I'm having no success finding it by searching the web. I may just be stuck on this one.

What do you mean by four coupons?

;700;

So far I'm having no success finding it by searching the web. I may just be stuck on this one.

What do you mean by four coupons?
    Well, there are Gour Missions.

Deoxys, Mew, Celebi, and Manaphy.

IIRC, each requires a coupon, but only zmanaphy Egg can be transferred.

for shadows of almia. how do you beat the dialga in the special wifi mission?
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rches/0Kw8LKfX

Everybody, sign this. Churches need to be taxed.

Quote Originally Posted by KyuremFreeze View Post
    for shadows of almia. how do you beat the dialga in the special wifi mission?
    Ok, you must speed through the capture, as once it's about a minute, you have to redo the mission.

Just freeze Dialga with one of the many Ice Types, and then Double Charge, and loop as fast as you can. (prefferably 1 loop per 0.01 Seconds)

Just keep trying, or level your Styler up.

I'm looking to get as many legit legendary Pokemon as I can, but the info out there tends to be a little dated. I'm just wondering if A) the Ranger Net is still online (if it is an online network and not just a term for the in-game network or something) and B) if it's still possible to get Arceus, Manaphy (egg), Shaymin and Deoxys from the Special/Extra Missions in Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs. Or were those timed events?

Right now my unobtainable list of Pokemon is something like Manaphy, Arceus, Shaymin, Deoxys, Victini, Genesect and Darkrai, so if I'm reading everything correctly Pokemon Ranger would really help me out. I just want to know before I go out and buy a copy.

[Edit: Just read Celebi is coming with the bank, so knock him off the list. =D ]
    Last edited by TenaciousDogMan; 20th December 2013 at 3:27 AM.
    2DS Friend Code 4356-0604-8134 Safari Type: Ghost. Shuppet, Pumpkaboo. E4: Spiritomb
    3DS Friend Code 4441-9390-1637 Safari Type: Ground. Dwebble, Magcargo. E4: Rhyhorn
    Always looking for more friends, particularly one with a FS Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousDogMan View Post
    I'm looking to get as many legit legendary Pokemon as I can, but the info out there tends to be a little dated. I'm just wondering if A) the Ranger Net is still online (if it is an online network and not just a term for the in-game network or something) and B) if it's still possible to get Arceus, Manaphy (egg), Shaymin and Deoxys from the Special/Extra Missions in Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs. Or were those timed events?

Right now my unobtainable list of Pokemon is something like Manaphy, Arceus, Shaymin, Deoxys, Victini, Genesect and Darkrai, so if I'm reading everything correctly Pokemon Ranger would really help me out. I just want to know before I go out and buy a copy.

[Edit: Just read Celebi is coming with the bank, so knock him off the list. =D ]
    In Ranger SoA and GS, the Events were timed, so you can't get them anymore.

In the first Ranger, all Missions were already on the game card itself, so Manaphy from the first Ranger is the only accessible one now.

That's a shame. Oh well, the hunt continues I guess. Thanks.
    2DS Friend Code 4356-0604-8134 Safari Type: Ghost. Shuppet, Pumpkaboo. E4: Spiritomb
    3DS Friend Code 4441-9390-1637 Safari Type: Ground. Dwebble, Magcargo. E4: Rhyhorn
    Always looking for more friends, particularly one with a FS Ditto

I'm angry because i didn't buy Shadows of almia, and not get Manaphy..

But I have Guardian sings and relly liked that game. Boss battles were best and I liked lot of chasing legendary birds in post-game.
    Pokemon SoulSilver Badge Quest
    Current hunt: Slowpoke well

I have claimed Zebstrika! Thunder zebra power!
    I have also claimed Sacred Grove theme from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess!
    In-game name:Annabel
    Friend-code: 4957-3860-9818

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718