Thread: Custom Pokémon name

Default Custom Pokémon name

Hi, I am designing a fairy dark Pokémon and I can't decide on a name, can anyone help me? it is based off of a fox and it is dominantly pink with black highlights, and a large fluffy tail. It also has a slight black aura around it.

Thanks in advance!!!

Ps: if this is the incorrect place to post this can you tell me where to post it this time...

So as a heads up, Fan Fics (where your thread was originally) is only for written stories involving Pokémon. Author's Cafe is more or less for discussion about writing and fanfic ideas. The problem is that when you say "designing," you could actually mean "for fanart, with no intention of including this fan-created Pokémon in a fanfic," which means Author's Cafe wouldn't exactly be a good fit either. However, for now, I'm going to assume you are talking about a fakemon you plan on including in a fic at some point, so I'll just move it to the AC for now.

That having been said, Pokémon typically have names that are puns on their types, a key feature of their design, or their species. Any one of these can be starting points for your name. Then, of course, there are other considerations that might be useful to coming up with a name. For example, does it walk on two legs (meaning it's more human-like than animal-like)? Four legs? Does it hover instead? Is it related to any sort of mythology, or is it supposed to make people think of magic? What is its typical personality like? (Is it mischievous, or does it normally help humans? Is it linked to doom and gloom, or is it a good luck charm somehow?)

Point is, while we've got a general idea of how to help you, we might need more information to offer up some suggestions for a name that really captures the spirit of the Pokémon you've created.

Click above for the annual Fan Fic shenanigans!
    (Credit to American--Pi for the excellent banner!)

Works In Progress:
    Anima Ex Machina | Electric Sheep | The Empty City
    (Sci-fi shenanigans in one convenient signature!)

K, this is for a fanfic I am gonna write. It is a Pokémon that stands on 4 legs, and can live with humans in a home or on its own in the wild. It will help humans, but it only does this if it thinks it will get a reward in the end, be it food or a better home. There is no mythological basis.

Well since pokemon names are usually an animal name and trait. So how about Flufftail or Genfox.