Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1478

Thread: Fic ideas V.2

I'm working on a BBC Sherlock fic at the moment; the overall plot is rather complex and rather bumpy considering I haven't quite worked it all out yet.
    The overall plot is that John comes come one night, finding the flat empty and desolate. He doesn't think anything of it at first, thinking maybe Sherlock just stormed out on a case and didn't notify him due to the fact he was busy. John decides to wait it out, going to bed for the night and expecting to find Sherlock in his usual position when he woke up. However, the next morning when he awakens; there's still no sign of Sherlock. John becomes slightly worried, walking towards Sherlock's bedroom, only to find the door locked. This makes him panic slightly, he busts open the door and finds a note from Moriarty that pretty much says 'Hey I kidnapped Sherlock, come have fun too!' which causes John to go on a wild goose chase throughout London looking for Sherlock.

Basically; the story would focus on John for two to three chapters before switching the the captive Sherlock's POV for a chapter. he rating will probably be M.

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    You are reminding me of Professor layton and the unwounded Future
    Well... no, this time, the time travelling process doesn't end in tragedy.

Meh, gonna put an idea up:

Title: Iris, the Dragon Prodigy
    Summary: Iris lives happily in the Dragon Village when she was young. However, when the last of her family, that being her mother, dies for some unknown reason, young Iris is left alone in the world, to be sent to the orphanage. Another group, one who hates Iris's family, plans to get rid of the member of Iris's family by killing her. The plan was made, but a sudden change caused disruption in their plans. A mysterious man, who called himself Drayden, had came and adopted Iris and brought him to Unova. Little did Drayden know, that the girl who he took under his wings is far more dangerous and wanted than he expected. In a clash of black and white, Iris learns of her family history and gets a chance to avenge her dead parents, as well as meet some of her unknown ties.

--

This is going to be a background story of Iris, game-Iris. She is actually a descendant of the 'Ideal' family, Reshiram, while she is in danger as the 'Truth' family, Zekrom, tries to kill her. Iris's entire family is killed, but she later knows that she is somehow related to N. In the end, Iris pleads Reshiram to wipe her memories clean as she had caused many death and miseries, which Reshiram agreed.

I'm wondering if the climax is anti-climatic or if the idea clashes with any game content. Thanks.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Merr I had an idea, its been following me around all weekend so I might just sit down and try my hand at writing it.please reply of you think is a cool concept and would be willing to help proofread.

It has no title yet.

It was a bad time to be a hoennian, 2 rival gangs had gone to war with rather over their visions of an ideal world, one group wanted to flood all of the worlds landmasswhile the other wanted to be rid of the oceans for good. One thing they had in common was their desire to awaken one of hoenns two legendary Pokemon, kyogre and groudon respectively. In order to achieve this goal they staged a coup against the government, the queen had been forced top flee to the johto region, the elite five and champion had been scattered to the winds and the gym leaders were either in exile or hostages. There ate few bulwarks keeping the groups, magma and aqua, from awakening their respective legends and claiming power over all of hoenn, one of these bulwarks is the resistance based out of the evergrande city who fight on behalf of the freedom living people and Pokemon of the hoenn region, led by the firmer champion Steven the resistance may soon be a force to reckon with and may change the tide of the recent events.

But it was still a bad time to be a hoennian...

I have just had an idea from watching movie 09. Here it is:

Title: Pokemon Ranger and the temple of magma

Plot: Set in Unova a pokemon ranger and his partner Chimchar infiltrate a gang who possess a Victini egg so that they can find the temple of magma. Meanwhile a pokemon trainer is traveling with his friends and encounter a small traveling group who are descendant's of the people of fire. Thats as far as I got for the plot

If anyone likes this idea and would like me to write it after I finish at least one of my current fanfics.
    These two songs describe me well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58QOBqAWNzE (Top Gun- Danger zone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osuhlptx0J8 (Rascal Flatts- Life is a Highway)

^ About that, can I just ask, what are you going to do differently from the Manaphy movie? Because, as far as I can see, the fanfic's just the exact same plot (a legendary Pokemon egg is found and needed to go to a temple, a ranger is involved) as the Manaphy film, just that all the water related things are replaced with fire related things. Are there any huge differences in terms of storyline and characters that make this fanfic different enough from the film to make readers interested?

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

In a little while, I'm going to write up a fic of a Nuzlocke run I did on Diamond, told from the perspective of the daughter of my previous protagonist, Cole. All right, that's all well and good, journey fic with a novice trainer, darker tone because of Nuzlocking, etc. I'm not planning on a big readership or whatever, just a writing project to work on while I sort out some ideas for original fiction and keep my skills sharp.

Anyway, the biggest problem I've hit is because I want the character, Miranda, to be the daughter of Cole, I've got to change some thing around. While it wasn't in previous fics explicitly, it is said that Cole had a hand in defeating Team Galactic and Cyrus's disappearance. Cole's story takes places around the same time as the games, so he was involved in a lot of the activities then. The plot of his story revolved mostly around a series of events and wars that had a lasting impact upon the world. In the interim, he's retired and stricter regulations have been placed on training (how I'm introducing the one capture per route rule). I thought the best way to explain the lack of change to the gym leaders and such in the region is that no one wants to step up and take their place, the wars having created a "lost generation" of trainers who have either given up training completely, died in the fighting or continue to train but keep out of larger business like politics and the league council.

And I think I can spin that to make it work. The real issue I think I'm going to have is Team Galactic. It's stated on a couple occasions in my old fic that Team Galactic was stopped, disbanded, etc. and that Cyrus had vanished at Spear Pillar. I had thought to do it that he was dragged beyond time and space, only to find his way back so many years later, disfigured and with large portions of his memory missing. What he does remember is that somehow, Cole wronged him, but he doesn't know quite how. He hasn't aged much, because he thinks he has only been gone about a year, only to find that about 25 have passed. Since then, Team Galactic under Saturn's reign has become GalactiCorp, a completely legal and entirely successful corporate enterprise (like Silph and Devon). What I may do is instead of having Team Galactic rise again, Cyrus (under an alias) forms a new team and proceeds with a similar M.O., because he doesn't remember that he failed last time. Eventually, one of his new admins fills him in on his past and how the plans before failed, and the part of the narrative that involves infiltrating the Galactic Building occurs because Cyrus has taken it over and is holding the employees hostage so that he can steal the equipment he used before.

So, tl;dr, would having Cyrus return like that and found a new criminal organization work in the story?
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Game-verse Fiction Idea!: This is something I'll be thinking about while I work on a different, non-Pokemon related piece of work.

A channeler-turned-mercenary, Grajakal, (town of origin being Ecruteak) sees the landscape of the world changing; he sees he plots being enacted by Teams Aqua, Magma, Galactic, Plasma, and sees a future of nothing but war if the Teams are not stopped. They would become their own Superpowers. Thus the mercenary decides to join Team Rocket; they are unburdened by the morals upheld by the leaders of the other Teams. The other Teams pretend to adhere to a moral code to justify their desire to awaken and control exceedingly powerful Pokemon.

The mercenary Grajakal joins Team Rocket and decides to work with them creating "dark pokemon." These "dark pokemon" would be similar to those from the Team Rocket expansion set (WOTC Tcg) with "Dark" in the Pokemon's name. The mercenary intends to use his training as a channeler to allow his pokemon to control the "Dark" nature implanted in them by Team Rocket. I haven't quite figured out just what makes Pokemon "Dark." I think that "Dark" will be a reference to the earliest pokemon. Before humans began forming relationships with them and using Pokeballs, Pokemon were wild and primal. Since the first Pokeballs were able to curb these wild, primal, elemental tendencies. Thus when these first captured Pokemon were bred, humans began breeding the wild, primal, elemental tendencies out of them.

In the present of my fiction, not even wild Pokemon exhibit the level of ferocity and viciousness of "Dark" pokemon. Given that the viciousness characteristic of "Dark" pokemon harkens back to their origins, I'd say Team Rocket uses some kind of genetic manipulation to switch on the alleles that instill those survival mechanisms in the Pokemon.

While Grajakal is driven to work his way into the upper echelons of Team Rocket. The mercenary-protagonist hopes to use his influence to sent Rocket agents to the other regions--Hoenn, Sinnoh and distant Unova--in order to interfere with the plans of the other Teams and improve the science behind awakening those primal genes within pokemon that turn them into what the media dub "Dark" pokemon. The mercenary-protagonist's plans unwittingly reawaken the entity Missingno.

Missingno is a pokemon compose of raw elemental essence with an Id, Ego, and Superego. The glitch pokemon it creates will manifest as Id-driven mutations. Missingno wants to return the world to a state of unformed matter from which it can create a new world. The mercenary-protagonist returns to Ecruteak to learn as much as possible about Missingno. He still wants to try to use Missingno as a glass-canon against Team Plasma.

Meanwhile Channelers throught the Pokemon World are called to deal more hostile encounters between Ghost-type Pokemon and humans. One of the Channelers, Jannik, decides to look into academic literature concerning Ghost-types. Many Channelers discount the studies on Ghost-types published by Morty, Agatha, and other well-known Ghost-type trainers; these Channelers believe that these one-time Channelers used the art of Channeling for their own gains. Jannik learns that Ghost-types are dimensional librarians; they catalogue the events in the world they witness before the world's ending and remaking.

Jannik's travels range from Mt. Pyre, to the Old Chateau, to any haunted regions in Unova (haven't played B2/W2 yet; need to for research). Jannik sees the results of Grajakal's war against the other Teams. It appalls her until she's captured by one of the Teams durin her travels.

Grajakal meanwhile is working at exploring the connection between the "Dark" pokemon and Missingno while overseeing his clandestine war against the Teams. Missingno is an entity that feeds off the elemental essence imbued within pokemon from the point of their creation. This elemental essence grants them their typings, abilities, and attacks. Grajakal comes upon the aftermath of a battle. It shocks Grajakal; his war agains the Teams never involved anything as openly destructive as this. Some of the Rocket's scientists are among the casualties. The culprits are a rogue band of Channelers who believe that the Pokemon League are working with Team Rocket to kill them and take their children away for scientific study.

Grajakal has further encounters with this rogue band of Channelers, and meets up with Janik during one encounter withthe rogue Channelers. Grajakal and Janik discover that the Ghost Marowak is controlling the leader of the rogue Channelers. The mother Marowak wants to distract Grajakal from finding a way to use Missingno because when Missingno reverts the world to unformed matter, she will get to be with her baby that was killed by Team Rocket. The mother Marowak takes vicious glee in destroying families via the rogue Channelers in her crusade against Team Rocket.

Grajakal and Janik learn that Missingno is drawn to the alleles in the "Dark" pokemon that augment their attacks and temperament. Thus Grajakal and Janik devise a plan to unload the strongest of their "Dark" pokemon en-masse in Unova, at Team Plasma's Head Quarters. Grajakal and Janik decide to use the submarines Team Rocket has captured from Team Aqua as well as the ships the Team owns at Slateport. Glitch Pokemon serving Missingno attack the ships and submarine, destroying the fleet and the sub.

Grajakal and Janik are forced to flee the Glitch Pokemon; they use the Glitch Pokemon to shake off the Rockets Giovanni sent to bring in Grajakal (as he is getting suspicious of Grajakal's hand in the current events). Janik talks Grajakal into abandoning his idea of using Missingno against Team Plasma. Janik tells Grajakal what she learned from the Ghost-type pokemon: Missingno came into being in the unformed stuff of creation that eventually became Kanto. Kanto is an older region of possibilities and memories; thus it will take the Elemental Six of Kanto to bring Missingno down: Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur, Alakazam, Gengar, and Chansey. These are Ancient Pokemon predating the Legendary Bird Trio.

In Kanto the Bird Trio are under the control of the rogue Channelers and are being used to hunt down Grajakal and Janik. After besting the Legendary Bird Trio and awakening the Elemental Lords, Missingno is imprisoned within the depths of the Unknown Dungeon and guarded by the Elemental Six. Janik leaves Grajakal to deal with the rogue Channelers while Grajakal goes on to use the chaos to his advantage by proclaiming that Giovanni was killed by the Glitch Pokemon and Missingno. With his army of Rockets and "Dark" pokemon, Grajakal goes on to continue his war against the Teams that're trying to awaken their regions' respective uber-Legendaries.

END

Default My Fanfic Idea

So I'm fairly new to writing fanfics, but there's this one idea that I've had and been expanding on in my mind (yes, it will involve shippings):

Spoiler:- Story:

NOTE: Pokémon will be able to learn more than four moves in this fanfic. Some of the older Pokémon will be able to use any moves that they've been able to use throughout their anime appearances.

So, does this sound okay? What I've posted there will only be the first few chapters, so I won't be 100% sure of exactly how this will be moving along. All I know is that I'll end up having a poll as to who will end up with Ash near the end of this fanfic.

EDIT: Posted some chapters of this fic online now (called it Civil Rivalry), here it is: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9290260/1/Civil-Rivalry. Leave a review if you can.
    Last edited by Blaquaza; 19th May 2013 at 7:26 PM.
        Spoiler:- My best teams:

I've been thinking lately of a new non trainer fic I want to do. Though my laptop broke so I won't be able to write much until I get a new one (using my mom's kindle for this).
    It takes place in Johto in 2050. Drake (16 year old boy) is given a book by his old "uncle" that contains some secrets about the history of johto, and the truth behind all of it. To not spoil much, Drake is sent back in the past to solve the mystery, and as he is sent back in the past, he transforms into a Pokemon (not sure which yet) because of some issues and for his safety (again, not gonna spoil why). However, everything is more complex once he finds a totally different world where a dictatorship is held. In Drake's path to truth he meets many people and Pokemon that help him, and eventually finds out that him being sent back to the past was all a trick by Xcharacter to bring back the dictatorship. With the help of an old friend, he has to fight off the possibility of a new dictatorship happening.

This is just a brief summary of what I hope is a succesfull future fan fic.
    Feedback?
    Last edited by TheSirPeras; 1st May 2013 at 10:49 PM.

Okay, this is a good idea. You need to try and develop the plot a bit more now that you have the summary. You should expand the summary, include some of the events that are going to happen, and try to start breaking it up into chapters (this summary will be a loose guideline). Then, start actually writing the chapters. While writing chapters, try to add more chapters to the guidelines that you made, and amend the guidelines with any events that you think of including. As you write an event leading up to something in another chapter, make sure to include the second event in the guidelines. I can't wait to read your writing!

Shymain

Quote Originally Posted by Shymain View Post
    Okay, this is a good idea. You need to try and develop the plot a bit more now that you have the summary. You should expand the summary, include some of the events that are going to happen, and try to start breaking it up into chapters (this summary will be a loose guideline). Then, start actually writing the chapters. While writing chapters, try to add more chapters to the guidelines that you made, and amend the guidelines with any events that you think of including. As you write an event leading up to something in another chapter, make sure to include the second event in the guidelines. I can't wait to read your writing!

Shymain
    Thanks. I'll work on organising the front page a bit more now.

EDIT: Sorted out the earlier information into the first two chapters, as well as made two more chapters available.
    Last edited by Blaquaza; 3rd May 2013 at 10:21 PM.

Shymain
    Did you mean that for Blaquaza or me? xD Anyways, if it was for me, thanks I'll do that Hopefully it will be started before summer if I get a laptop xD

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Did you mean that for Blaquaza or me? xD Anyways, if it was for me, thanks I'll do that Hopefully it will be started before summer if I get a laptop xD
    Good question, but I think I replied to it before my thread was merged here.

Your story does sound great, though. I'll definitely be reading it whenever you decide to make it.

Default Gauging interest in an idea

Summary:

The Tree of Beginning would change Ash Ketchum's life, forever. Eaten by the red blob, brought back to life. Donning the gloves of Sir Aaron and using his Aura to help save Mew, watching the final sacrifice of Lucario...

His Aura, now permanently awake, burns inside him like a wildfire. To be a master of Aura, or continue his dream to be a Pokemon Master...por que no los dos?

Beyond this question, the sacrifice of Lucario reminds him of someone else who sacrificed himself to save something. And one being who would understand.

---

Altoshipping, disregards preeetty much everything that happened in the anime past Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Though I am trying to decide if Ash should continue with the Battle Frontier (which, at this point, he hadn't really started) or drop it.

I have an idea... This takes place after B/W 2 and the weaponry hasn't reached guns yet. When Ghetsis is found and captured, he gets charged with a death penalty and (duh) killed. A machine with three glowing balls is found in the original Team Plasma Castle. When Ghetsis is killed, the machine breaks. Known to only Ghetsis and the Shadow Triad, that machine gave Ghetsis full control over the triad. Now that they are no longer controlled, they have nearly limitless power, as shown when people find Darkrai dead instead of hiding from the humans. After a lot of legends killed, they move for there real target: Dialga and Palkia. If those two are killed, the distortions of time and space give them more power. Meanwhile, before the deaths, three trainers begin their journeys with family given pokemon. They get more and more involved with stoping the triad. This includes teaming up with their now regretful creator-GIRATINA. The kingdom is trying their hardest to stop the corrupt beings, but are failing. Finally, the last stand is made with the triad controlling Dialga and Palkia to get rid of their creator and opponents. After all is well, it's not. The Shadows murder the legendary trio. The last remaining legendary has to restore the dimensions, as well as destroy the evil triad.

Please give your two cents.
    Last edited by joey1234; 16th May 2013 at 8:41 AM.

Okay, guess who's back? Back again!

I suppose I should be saying guess what's back. Some of you may remember (hopefully) that twice now I've brought my fanfiction "Pokemon: The Retelling" to Serebii, and each time it was dwindled out. It seems I have finally figured out what went wrong; I was planning the entire thing out, chapter by chapter, scene by scene, battle by battle, etc. OCD never looked so good.

Regardless of that, since the very first incarnation, I have done it on my computers four times (and only twice on here, thank god). As I was on the fourth and most recent one, I looked at my old threads here and that was when the realisation hit me. So, I started again. I opened a Word document instead of the usual Powerpoint document and began to write instead of plan. Doing this, I have finally got it to where I want it, and I am looking forward to presenting to you; Pokemon: reMastered!

Pokemon: reMastered takes the anime world and takes it in a completely different direction. What if Ash had done this? What if these people had never been there? What if this happened instead? It is essentially my take on how the anime should have gone, and if it continues to be anything like the older versions, it becomes completely different by the end. Some people change their goals later on, some Pokemon have completely different personalities, some names are changed/altered.

It's something I'm extremely excited by beginning again from scratch and it's something I'll do either way, but I just thought I'd post here to see how much interest it could get. I'll be posting at infrequent times due to a busy work schedule, and the fact that I'm simultaneously working on my real life novel, but it'll be updated constantly.

To get a feel of some of the changes, I thought I'd show a few that become apparent in just the first chapter:
    - Ash's full name is now Ashley Marcus Catch (I know Catch is a little more obvious than Ketchum, but it's a real surname), and he chooses to have "Ash" put on his Trainer Card, which he then travels under. Similarly, Gary's name is now Gareth Oak, while Gary is just a nickname.
    - Ash's mother, Delia (now called Delilah) owns a restaurant and was formerly an assistant to Professor Oak. Due to this, and the fact that Ash's father is travelling in Johto at the beginning of the story, the three of them work together to make Ash's beginning a special one, as a favour to Delilah. Because of this, Ash begins with a freshly hatched Pichu.
    - Ash and Gary aren't the only known beginning trainers. Two others are Jonathon Redcap and Alice Periwinkle, a son and daughter to the local firefighter and grocer, respectively. Joining the foursome of rivals later on will be Yelena Walker, from Saffron City, who began her journey at the same time.
    - In my version of events, Pichu doesn't disobey out of spite; he's a newborn and just too curious about the world to really know what he's doing. On top of this, he doesn't have any qualms with the Pokeball at first, since he's had no experience of it to feel afraid of; that comes later.

So, let me know what you all think. I always love hearing people's opinion's on my work, and I do try and take it into consideration with future writing. I should be posting this at some point next week, perhaps on Monday or Tuesday (my next day off, essentially). But I'd love to hear you sound off before then. Is it something you'd read/comment on? Is it something that you've been waiting to happen, or something you could do without? Let me know!
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

Quote Originally Posted by Iota View Post
    Okay, guess who's back? Back again!

I suppose I should be saying guess what's back. Some of you may remember (hopefully) that twice now I've brought my fanfiction "Pokemon: The Retelling" to Serebii, and each time it was dwindled out. It seems I have finally figured out what went wrong; I was planning the entire thing out, chapter by chapter, scene by scene, battle by battle, etc. OCD never looked so good.

Regardless of that, since the very first incarnation, I have done it on my computers four times (and only twice on here, thank god). As I was on the fourth and most recent one, I looked at my old threads here and that was when the realisation hit me. So, I started again. I opened a Word document instead of the usual Powerpoint document and began to write instead of plan. Doing this, I have finally got it to where I want it, and I am looking forward to presenting to you; Pokemon: reMastered!

Pokemon: reMastered takes the anime world and takes it in a completely different direction. What if Ash had done this? What if these people had never been there? What if this happened instead? It is essentially my take on how the anime should have gone, and if it continues to be anything like the older versions, it becomes completely different by the end. Some people change their goals later on, some Pokemon have completely different personalities, some names are changed/altered.

It's something I'm extremely excited by beginning again from scratch and it's something I'll do either way, but I just thought I'd post here to see how much interest it could get. I'll be posting at infrequent times due to a busy work schedule, and the fact that I'm simultaneously working on my real life novel, but it'll be updated constantly.

To get a feel of some of the changes, I thought I'd show a few that become apparent in just the first chapter:
    - Ash's full name is now Ashley Marcus Catch (I know Catch is a little more obvious than Ketchum, but it's a real surname), and he chooses to have "Ash" put on his Trainer Card, which he then travels under. Similarly, Gary's name is now Gareth Oak, while Gary is just a nickname.
    - Ash's mother, Delia (now called Delilah) owns a restaurant and was formerly an assistant to Professor Oak. Due to this, and the fact that Ash's father is travelling in Johto at the beginning of the story, the three of them work together to make Ash's beginning a special one, as a favour to Delilah. Because of this, Ash begins with a freshly hatched Pichu.
    - Ash and Gary aren't the only known beginning trainers. Two others are Jonathon Redcap and Alice Periwinkle, a son and daughter to the local firefighter and grocer, respectively. Joining the foursome of rivals later on will be Yelena Walker, from Saffron City, who began her journey at the same time.
    - In my version of events, Pichu doesn't disobey out of spite; he's a newborn and just too curious about the world to really know what he's doing. On top of this, he doesn't have any qualms with the Pokeball at first, since he's had no experience of it to feel afraid of; that comes later.

So, let me know what you all think. I always love hearing people's opinion's on my work, and I do try and take it into consideration with future writing. I should be posting this at some point next week, perhaps on Monday or Tuesday (my next day off, essentially). But I'd love to hear you sound off before then. Is it something you'd read/comment on? Is it something that you've been waiting to happen, or something you could do without? Let me know!
    This seriously sounds awesome. I would love to read this when you post it. I really don't have any suggestions as of now, I'll just wait until you start actually putting up the fic. All of these spins are quite inventive, if I do say so myself.

-Shymain

Alright, so I have an idea I'll throw out and see if people are interested in at all. I posted a chapter for a fic similar to this ages ago, but realized it wasn't that decent and changed a lot of it. Sooo, tell me what you think. c:

Set in the Kanto region, it follows a girl with a shady past named Rachel Summers, who grew up in Cerulean City but is forced to move in with her father in Pallet after her mother dies. Resentful for his having never been there, the two refuse to get along, and matters worsen when Rachel is framed for arson and attempted homicide by a character dressed in black. Now a fugitive on the run, she's forced to rely on her own wits, battling prowess, and the friendship of some unlikely comrades as she is chased throughout the region and attempts to figure out the identity of the man in black. Struggling to survive, she comes across a plot she never meant to be a part of that could tear the Kanto region apart - and the only way to end it may be to become the villain everyone thought she was all along.

I don't know if that's too cryptic or not, but it's the most I can give away of the plot without ruining a lot of things. *shrugs* What do you think - anyone interested, or have their two cents to throw in on how to improve?
    ~Facebook~ | ~Tumblr~ | ~Twitter~
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/54xhxk.jpg[/IMG]
    (Credit for the banner goes to myself. Click it to see my fan fic; comments & reviews appreciated!)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    Good question, but I think I replied to it before my thread was merged here.

Your story does sound great, though. I'll definitely be reading it whenever you decide to make it.
    Thanks, so does yours I started writing it already and posted the fisrt chapter too ^^ hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn_Hero View Post
    Alright, so I have an idea I'll throw out and see if people are interested in at all. I posted a chapter for a fic similar to this ages ago, but realized it wasn't that decent and changed a lot of it. Sooo, tell me what you think. c:

Set in the Kanto region, it follows a girl with a shady past named Rachel Summers, who grew up in Cerulean City but is forced to move in with her father in Pallet after her mother dies. Resentful for his having never been there, the two refuse to get along, and matters worsen when Rachel is framed for arson and attempted homicide by a character dressed in black. Now a fugitive on the run, she's forced to rely on her own wits, battling prowess, and the friendship of some unlikely comrades as she is chased throughout the region and attempts to figure out the identity of the man in black. Struggling to survive, she comes across a plot she never meant to be a part of that could tear the Kanto region apart - and the only way to end it may be to become the villain everyone thought she was all along.

I don't know if that's too cryptic or not, but it's the most I can give away of the plot without ruining a lot of things. *shrugs* What do you think - anyone interested, or have their two cents to throw in on how to improve?
    That actually sounds like a really interesting read. One thing I would throw in (you may already be thinking of doing it) is changing her name while she's travelling. Someone on the run would need a pseudonym to be out of people's heads if they can't see her face and therefore recognise her. I'd say stick with it and take on advice as you go along.
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

I've had this idea in the back of my head for a while, so I'm going to elaborate on it.

This story starts off with following an orphan named Autumn Reed, and she hates the world she is currently living in. She sees the pollution, the war, and everything else terrible instead of the better assets the Unova region has to offer. When she is walking in a local forest, and she soon finds a hidden portal to nowhere. Once she jumps into the portal, she wanders into the Pokemon Dream World.

Spoiler:- backstory about the Dream World:

So, Autumn runs away from her foster home and goes to the Dream World. Her friends meet her there, and they try to find their Potential. Now, however, a new threat tries to tamper with the Dream World's portals. A poacher called Hunter J is the main antagonist, and she tries to abduct the Legendary Pokemon which are hiding in the Dream World. Only a human can stop her, so Autumn has to find her Potential before Hunter J goes into the Dream World entirely.

So, feedback is appreciated. I just want to know if this is fairly believable, and I wanted to share my idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Thanks, so does yours I started writing it already and posted the fisrt chapter too ^^ hehe
    Post it here; it'll be a good read, for sure. I'm already working on Chapter 4 of my fanfic, but my chapters are short and are still being tweaked as I proof read them.

This seriously sounds awesome. I would love to read this when you post it. I really don't have any suggestions as of now, I'll just wait until you start actually putting up the fic. All of these spins are quite inventive, if I do say so myself.

-Shymain
    Thanks so much, I look forward to seeing you as a reader. I'll be posting it tomorrow. I'm glad you like the spins XD Last time I posted it, I had one reviewer who kept coming back and essentially bashing what I decided to change, not on a whim, but because it's how I would have preferred to watch it.

As I say, the first chapter and therefore the thread, will be up in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    Post it here; it'll be a good read, for sure. I'm already working on Chapter 4 of my fanfic, but my chapters are short and are still being tweaked as I proof read them.
    I did on the main fics threads

Even though I'm not that into shipping, yours did sound pretty interesting so good luck ;D

Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast