Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 1454

Thread: Fic ideas V.2

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,501

    Default

    Narrator:*sigh* Why do I bother.....
    Yes. Why? This isn't even good enough to be a comercial, and you post it here with, bare. BARE. BARE glimpses of your characters and plot. And it almost feels like a poor attempt to troll.

    This is discussion of/help with, Fanfic Ideas. If you want to poorly advertise, use the right thread, Chagen.

    Paul: Why? After all you get a Darkrai egg! That makes you a total mary sue!
    Actually yes. It can.

    Edit: Foo, the idea sounds alot like Omega man/I am legend or whatever the hell the first movie/book/whatever was about originally- and the idea is a bit far fetched. A drunken idiot falls face first into a hole while plasterd, seemingly this hole is in a cemetary for he is saved by a luckily passing by group of mourners. This strange black fluid causes Ebola virus- or something like it, and Dante is magically immune.

    Ebola Virus and You

    Reading up on it- it doesn't seem to be a thing that could be something used as a weapon. Hell Anthrax would be better- even tho Anthrax has just as bad a failing point. Or if you want a real virus. Read the news.

    It's called Swine Flu. Influenza is something that could easily be used as a cause of a pandemic- or hell Quarentine, remake or not, had [zombie canable] Rabies as its [near] pandemic.
    Last edited by Yami Ryu; 27th April 2009 at 11:56 PM.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In my daydreams.
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yami Ryu View Post
    Yes. Why? This isn't even good enough to be a comercial, and you post it here with, bare. BARE. BARE glimpses of your characters and plot. And it almost feels like a poor attempt to troll.

    This is discussion of/help with, Fanfic Ideas. If you want to poorly advertise, use the right thread, Chagen.



    Actually yes. It can.

    That's because the plot is kind of odd; the whole fic in general is more like a Tv show; each chapter is it's own story. Therefore; you cant really advertise this kind of thing.

    And, yes, it was supposed to be like a poor advertisement.
    Last edited by Zephyr Flare; 28th April 2009 at 8:26 AM. Reason: Removed swearing.

    Quote Originally Posted by meteor64 View Post
    I think Marowak is worse of an influence, he teaches me to dig out the bones of deceased family members and beat the hell out of people with them.
    Crasher of Hell,Bringer of Heaven.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,501

    Default

    Anyways.

    If you can't give us a summary of the general idea of your story, or even chapters, or what they may be about, then why don't you just go advertise it in the right thread and post it when it's done :D
    Last edited by Zephyr Flare; 28th April 2009 at 8:27 AM. Reason: Removed part from above post.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In my daydreams.
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yami Ryu View Post
    ..

    reported.

    Anyways.

    If you can't give us a summary of the general idea of your story, or even chapters, or what they may be about, then why don't you just go advertise it in the right thread and post it when it's done
    DO you really want me to give a summary? I can if I really have to.

    Quote Originally Posted by meteor64 View Post
    I think Marowak is worse of an influence, he teaches me to dig out the bones of deceased family members and beat the hell out of people with them.
    Crasher of Hell,Bringer of Heaven.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,501

    Default

    Well I think it's the fact a Mod basically said when making the first thread.

    Post your ideas to see if they'd be liked- and what you gave us wasn't an idea. It was a bad comercial of something. You're not giving us an idesa of the characters, their strife, their achivements, goals, hopes or dreams. Or how you're going to torture them or praise them. Or do anything really.

    Oh no wait. You did. Slightly.

    Peter: Sorry, if I'm just less of a d**chebag. Anyway, This fic focuses around us as we get into a lot of crazieness at the smogon university in Sinnoh! No matter how boring the day is, something crazy's bound to come up!
    Could have easily just been written out as; I'm making a story, each chapter is a random day in the lives of a handful of sudents at a university where they're studying, obviously. Each chapter, as said, is random. No matter how boring or bland it may seem to start out as, something insane is bound to happen, causing crazy hijinks and whacky situations for our dear stars! etc etc etc.

    :/

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In my daydreams.
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Could have easily just been written out as; I'm making a story, each chapter is a random day in the lives of a handful of sudents at a university where they're studying, obviously. Each chapter, as said, is random. No matter how boring or bland it may seem to start out as, something insane is bound to happen, causing crazy hijinks and whacky situations for our dear stars! etc etc etc.

    :/
    Pretty much. I tried to add some extra flair with my "bad advertisement" idea, but that didn't go as planned...

    Quote Originally Posted by meteor64 View Post
    I think Marowak is worse of an influence, he teaches me to dig out the bones of deceased family members and beat the hell out of people with them.
    Crasher of Hell,Bringer of Heaven.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisville KY, *****.
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Edit: Foo, the idea sounds alot like Omega man/I am legend or whatever the hell the first movie/book/whatever was about originally- and the idea is a bit far fetched. A drunken idiot falls face first into a hole while plasterd, seemingly this hole is in a cemetary for he is saved by a luckily passing by group of mourners. This strange black fluid causes Ebola virus- or something like it, and Dante is magically immune.
    You can't imagine a drunk wandering into a graveyard and falling in a hole? I've seen many drunks fallin potholes. The settings just different. Dante isn't "Magically" immune. He's biologically immune. With anykind of virus you're going to have people who naturally create antibodies for the virus. Theres no explanation behind it. It just happens.
    Ebola Virus and You

    Reading up on it- it doesn't seem to be a thing that could be something used as a weapon. Hell Anthrax would be better- even tho Anthrax has just as bad a failing point. Or if you want a real virus. Read the news.

    It's called Swine Flu. Influenza is something that could easily be used as a cause of a pandemic- or hell Quarentine, remake or not, had [zombie canable] Rabies as its [near] pandemic.
    Swine flu symptoms:Fever and coughing are two of the most common symptoms but they can also include headache, chills, loss of appetite, muscle aches and fatigue as well as throat irritation.Nausea, vomiting and diarrhea may also occur and in more severe cases it could lead to pneumonia. 6-6.3 percent death rate.

    Ebolla symptoms: All of the swine flu symptoms plus bleeding from every oriphus on your body and vomiting black and red. 50-90 percent death rate.

    Swine flu has killed about 40 people. Ebola has killed 1,511.

    I dobt anyone would use ebola as a weapon. Its dangerous enough on its own. If it mutates into an airborne disease then we're screwed. Except for immune people of course though.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/24v0kzp.gif[/IMG]
    PASBL

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,501

    Default

    No Foo Fighter- I mean the fact, Ebola for the most part is in Africa. That anyone trying to get a sample of this, to use for anything in your story would also be at risk. There's also the fact it started with bodies randomly left, en-mass, in a hole. And whether drunks can do this or not isn't the question, it's the fact that he mostly got from where he was drunk, to this GY site.

    I mean even in our town the GY- graveyard, is no where near anywhere that someone could stumble into it drunk. And at night it is closed up. Vandals and all that 8D

    That and the whole supernatural bug is a bit of a blah thing, unfortunately. Sorry I've just seen to many zombie movies that all started with a simple, single infection. And if it really did this- wouldn't it kill off those immune?

    The story might be good- I'm just pointing out you're grasping at way to many straws at once, for your story to hold water at the moment, Foo.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisville KY, *****.
    Posts
    208

    Default

    The most protection I've ever seen on a graveyard site is a big gate and a small little wall. Nothing a motivated drunk could overcome. ALso, theres a graveyard sit right next to a pizza joint with a bar in my town so its not like its completely unusual for graveyards to be near social places.
    I mean the fact, Ebola for the most part is in Africa. That anyone trying to get a sample of this, to use for anything in your story would also be at risk. There's also the fact it started with bodies randomly left, en-mass, in a hole. And whether drunks can do this or not isn't the question, it's the fact that he mostly got from where he was drunk, to this GY site.
    Thats kinda the story though. How did a mutated version of ebolla get into this small city? ITs knd of a mystery ya know? A fic where ya don't know everything until the end. Trust me. I wasn't in my chair goin "Lol! People's got the ebola! Ima write it!"

    That and the whole supernatural bug is a bit of a blah thing, unfortunately. Sorry I've just seen to many zombie movies that all started with a simple, single infection. And if it really did this- wouldn't it kill off those immune?
    How would a virus kill off something immune to it? Its not a supernatural bug either. Its more realistic than that. Granted it is pushing the limits, but isn't that what a story supposed to do?
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/24v0kzp.gif[/IMG]
    PASBL

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,501

    Default

    What if a modified version of ebolla had come out in existence? One that didn't rob you of your humanity. What if ebolla had a mind? What if this Ebolla mutated into a supernatural being?

    Thats precisely what I intend to write about. A living, thinking and destructive disease. This new "Virus" though wouldn't quite be a virus. Picture it more of a large parasite with ebolla like qualities.
    Your words- you said so yourself.

    Pushing the limits is one thing- pushing them beyond any reason is another. You're hinting this is a supernatural thing, and possibly tied to the occult yet turn around and act like no it's not and no it won't be and no it's not going to be that intelligent.

    You can't have the cake sliced two different ways- especially when you yourself made the first cut.

    I suggest thinking the idea over more- thinking over the plot, fleshing it out a bit. I mean why would a drunk even be motivated to climb over a wall and into a cemetary. Why would anyone be motivated? Why would there be a freshly dug grave with bodies abandond in it? I mean that's just to farfetched. I mean the grounds keepers would have had to notice someone digging a hole large enough and deep enough to hold several corpses.

    It's the small things that still have plot holes. It's the things I nitpicked about, that still make no sense.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Very Famous British University
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Working title: "Fallen Into Light"

    One-shot.

    Clear remembers being a trainerless Eevee who evolved into one of her region's first Espeon. She was feared because of her psychic powers and vaguely amoral behaviour, and said to be a sinister creature of evil. But when her sister evolves into an Umbreon, Clear experiences first-hand the humans' weird paradigm shift: although her own behaviour hasn't changed much, as her sister takes on the role of darkness in a way the region has never seen before, Clear, who is trying to keep her from harming others or herself, has been recast as a creature of the light. Suddenly she is the "good" one to her sister's "evil", and she can't help but wonder at it.

    A sort of analogy with what happened between the first and second generations. Anyone else remember when Psychic was the scariest type in the world?
    A fanfic writer trying to improve. If you have any constructive criticism, please give it.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisville KY, *****.
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Your words- you said so yourself.
    The wording was a bit off. Those were simply questions I had asked myself. Thats how I make ideas in my head; I take a subject and ask questions. Indeed the way I worded it might have given some the idea that those questions were aimed at the actual fic. Instead though they were simply me thinking to myself about random things. My bad. NO biggie ya know?
    Pushing the limits is one thing- pushing them beyond any reason is another. You're hinting this is a supernatural thing, and possibly tied to the occult yet turn around and act like no it's not and no it won't be and no it's not going to be that intelligent.

    You can't have the cake sliced two different ways- especially when you yourself made the first cut.

    I suggest thinking the idea over more- thinking over the plot, fleshing it out a bit. I mean why would a drunk even be motivated to climb over a wall and into a cemetary. Why would anyone be motivated? Why would there be a freshly dug grave with bodies abandond in it? I mean that's just to farfetched. I mean the grounds keepers would have had to notice someone digging a hole large enough and deep enough to hold several corpses.
    You're thinking to much into this. It's the fact that all those things usually don't happen that makes the story. It's called imagination. The thing you use to think outside of what would be probable and think about the improbable. Maybe it's a bit far fetched, but that doesn't mean that its not possible. Its improbable that a small planet would end up just the right distance from the sun with perfect conditions to support life. Even more improbable the fact that a series of mutations would eventually lead the australopithecines into an evolutionary tree that would produce homo sapiens. Lots of stuff is improbable, NOT impossible.
    So is it IMPOSSIBLE for a drunk to slip over a gradeyard wall? Which don't happen to be too big (At least wher I come from. Its not like we''re ashamed of our dead.)? Is it impossible for a grounds keeper to be not so enthusiastic about his job? Are these things impossible? no. Improbable? yes.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Working title: "Fallen Into Light"

    One-shot.

    Clear remembers being a trainerless Eevee who evolved into one of her region's first Espeon. She was feared because of her psychic powers and vaguely amoral behaviour, and said to be a sinister creature of evil. But when her sister evolves into an Umbreon, Clear experiences first-hand the humans' weird paradigm shift: although her own behaviour hasn't changed much, as her sister takes on the role of darkness in a way the region has never seen before, Clear, who is trying to keep her from harming others or herself, has been recast as a creature of the light. Suddenly she is the "good" one to her sister's "evil", and she can't help but wonder at it.

    A sort of analogy with what happened between the first and second generations. Anyone else remember when Psychic was the scariest type in the world?
    __________________

    Hmm, its not bad. ALthough it would have to be a really powerful umbreon and espeon. After all, it's just one pokemon. COuld be good. Could be really good if written in first-person with some character development. Of course first person is just how I like to read.
    I'd like to know more about plot though. YOu've got chracters down, just give us more of a story to preview.
    Last edited by Foo Fighter; 28th April 2009 at 10:16 PM.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/24v0kzp.gif[/IMG]
    PASBL

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,501

    Default

    Well unfortunately with your example I'm a christan that believes in evolution and adaptation. Meaning I make **** blow up for just existing.

    And.

    ¬¬

    You're the one that posted the idea. I picked out parts that didn't seem to make sense, or flow right, or were a bit to exagerated. If you can't take the idea that some people are going to do this no matter what idea you throw down before them, then don't post I mean ffs.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisville KY, *****.
    Posts
    208

    Default

    I wasn't trying to be negative in my response and if I somehow offended you than I am sorry. I was just making a counteroint for my story. Obviously I should explain better next time.
    Once again, no biggie.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/24v0kzp.gif[/IMG]
    PASBL

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Invading Pekopon, de arimasu!
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse Tourmaline View Post
    Working title: "Fallen Into Light"

    One-shot.

    Clear remembers being a trainerless Eevee who evolved into one of her region's first Espeon. She was feared because of her psychic powers and vaguely amoral behaviour, and said to be a sinister creature of evil. But when her sister evolves into an Umbreon, Clear experiences first-hand the humans' weird paradigm shift: although her own behaviour hasn't changed much, as her sister takes on the role of darkness in a way the region has never seen before, Clear, who is trying to keep her from harming others or herself, has been recast as a creature of the light. Suddenly she is the "good" one to her sister's "evil", and she can't help but wonder at it.

    A sort of analogy with what happened between the first and second generations. Anyone else remember when Psychic was the scariest type in the world?
    Mmm... Despite how Eeveelutions are being overrated, I'd seriously read this. Not too bad of an idea.

    Why not read a bit of Ultimo and culture yourself in how good and evil are shown to people in their various perspectives, I mean, you could seriously do some damage to the Fanfic world with this.
    [img]http://i35.*******.com/2s0bg9h.png[/img]
    3DS FC: 1032 - 1228 - 8506 (Be sure to VM/PM me if you add me)
    dA|FF.net|Youtube

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hidden llama-ninja village
    Posts
    139

    Default

    This is just an idea which popped into my mind one night, so I decided to build some upon it. Hope you like it ^^

    So, there's this faraway region (no name yet), where Pokémon live together with humans in harmony. There's no such things as Trainers or Coordinators or stuff like that. Instead, Pokémon help out humans in need (well, aside the ferocious ones, of course), and humans help these critters if they are in need.

    In this world, there are every so often born humans with magic powers. They have an innate control over one element, which corresponds either of the seventeen Pokémon types. They are also given the ability to command Pokémon of this type. Upon birth, such humans are for some reason sought out by a Pokémon of this very type; and these two beings are from then on connected in a lifelong bond. These magicians, known as Pokéwizards or simply wizards, devout their time to various purposes; some scour the land in search of secrets, some spend their time amongst books, while some take on the roles of politicians. Others seek out power through many a different means, while others again take up hired work as anything from mercenaries to body guards. And others yet again spend their entire life as the protector and leader of any of the many villages spread across the country.

    So in this country, there has always been an Emperor or Empress to rule the country. However, the last one died some-fifty years ago, leaving no heir. Now, the ruler has always had a crown, called the Crown of Elements. It consisted of seventeen crystals known as the Fragmentations, each of which give the user the power to master the very element it represents equal to the power of that of their innate elemental affinity. Moreso, it could give them command over Pokémon of that type, something which was not possible in any way otherwise - no matter a magician's skill, controlling Pokémon of other types would be impossible without such a crystal. And even a normal human could control Pokémon easily with a Fragmentation (no magic however!)

    The thing is, when the last Emperor/Empress died, the Crown mysteriously split up; the Fragmentations scattering all over the country. Now, due to the duties of the country's ruler, and what (s)he symbolized, a new one could not be appointed without the crown intact - its power was important for a ruler. Due to this scattering, it was decided by the Emperor/Empress' last advisor that a High Council of Mages was to be assembled to rule the country. This Council would consist of seventeen Mages, the most powerful of each type attaining a seat in the Council. To decide whom was worthy to be dubbed the most powerful, a grand tournament was held. Many tried, many failed. However, these men and women were not all politicians, and so most of them appointed their own advisors to help them; and these became, in a way, the true rulers of the country. However, such men fall easily to corruption and deceit...

    Phew, that was a lot for the setting! Anyway, here's a brief plot summary. The hero(ine) is a [type] wizard with his or her companion [Pokémon]. (S)he is the apprentice of a village leader, a [type] wizard with [a powerful Pokémon]. He (the wizard) is for some reason in possession of one of these Fragmentations. One day, he has to leave the village for a journey to the capital, to take care of [random stuff]. He decides the crystal is safer in their remote village than with him in the capital, and leaves it in the care of his apprentice. However wrong one can be... the Fragmentation is stolen by a seemingly innocent passer-by! Feeling (s)he has disappointed his/her master, [hero(ine)] lays out in chase of this person to get it back. But who knows what perils await [hero(ine)] and [hero(ine)'s Pokémon partner]?

    Blazing Pokémon battles, duels filled with magic and an epic adventure! That's what awaits her... and you, the reader.

    I wish. I'm already busy with a fic I'm writing, but I've promised myself I'll let this idea come to life one day. Tell me what you think ^^
    Last edited by Llama_Guy; 29th April 2009 at 9:00 PM.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    A therapist's Sofa
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Whilst that was a VERY detailed account of the world (Which was quite good by the way) reminds a bit of Cyrodiil from the Elder Scrolls 4) one thing really bugged me.

    It's INNATE. Not INANE!

    Inane means boring etc.

    Innate means in built, a genetic thing, something natural from birth etc.

    The plot is quite good however. I can see it being pretty good.
    Skogsrĺ

    Gardenia never liked the Old Chateau, but what if the Old Chateau liked her?

    Author's Profile

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hidden llama-ninja village
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Oh, how could I make that mistake? Sorry about that; it's fixed now.

    And thanks ^^
    Last edited by Llama_Guy; 29th April 2009 at 9:02 PM.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    On the run from freedom
    Posts
    2,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Whilst that was a VERY detailed account of the world (Which was quite good by the way) reminds a bit of Cyrodiil from the Elder Scrolls 4) one thing really bugged me.
    So it wasn't just me who noticed this.

    But yeah, this seems like a TES meets DB, with fragments instead of Dragonballs.
    Having said that, its also worth pointing out that its not exactly a bad thing, and although it will most likely not reach incredibly high standarts, its story's simpleness could be what makes it worthwhile and fun as a reading.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hidden llama-ninja village
    Posts
    139

    Default

    That's funny, I'm a major fan of the TES series, but I never had it in my thoughts. And I've never really read or watched Dragonball. >_>'

    Still, I'm glad you like the idea. Unfortunately I'm currently "stuck" with another fic.
    There is no higher purpose in life. Humans never had, and never will have, a reason for living. God merely created us because he wanted to allow someone to experience the beauty of living.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10

    Default

    This is a question about an idea, but this seems like the best place to post it.

    I had a large three-story drama planned out, which I intended to write, however for my first fic I'd like to start with something smaller. I'm kind of in the comedy mood lately, and I'm just curious, has the stereotypical trainer fic parody idea been overdone? I've got a couple ideas in regards to how to make a funny trainer parody, but if I'm the tenth person this month to try it, I'm probably not going to waste my time.

    Is making fun of cliches a little cliche? (And yes I'm too lazy to make the accent appear, so sue me.)

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    UK, In front of my comp
    Posts
    1,475

    Default

    Give us Hope…

    A virus has hit all of pokearth; no one knows what it is all the remaining survivors know is it’s happened. Everyone who has had the virus has now died. Now following one survivor, a trainer, who had been in Shinnoh but cant escape and go back to Johto to find her family.

    Her pokemon:

    Buzzy: Buizel Water
    Cola: Mareep Electric
    Stalker: Houndour Fire/Dark
    Dancer: Taillow Flying/Normal
    Sundance: Espeon Psychic
    Icicle: Swinub Ground/Ice

    Now its her against the world looking for her parents if they even still alive.

    The winding roads.

    Since the age of 18 Debbie has been under constent surveillance due to an error on an operation which killed both her parents, she stays low and unnoticed until one night when she is attacked by two muggers, and a unfamiliar red haired man comes to her rescue. Who is this stranger? When she is taken back to Kanto will she return to Johto? Can she ever fall in love with him?
    Internet now on 3DS Please PM me for outstanding trades with ****TRADE OUTSTANDING**** IN SUBJECT LINE so I dont miss it Thank you!!

    Currently:

    Playing
    X

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    "C'mon Grovyle! If we don't use this time off now, Chatot won't gives us more later!" A female Squirtle shouted to a Grovyle on the beach. Her name was Blue, and though you may not have noticed this, but she was once a human from the future. Grovyle was her dearest friend from that era, and she relied on him to help her remember her life in the future.

    "I'm still not sure about this. Can't I just live not knowing how to swim?" Grovyle replied. He was Team Ace's second in command, next to Blue, and he was secretly in love with Blue. He had known her ever since he was a weak little Treeko, barely surviving the dark future lead by Primal Dialga, a monster created by time being corrupted by Darkrai. The team had, on more than one occasion defeated Darkrai, though many times he had come after Blue for some unknown reason.

    "C'mon Grovyle, its not like you're a fire type like me. I actually have an excuse for not going into the water." Charmander said as he hurried Grovyle down the path to the beach. Charmander was an eager young pokemon that was too afraid to join the Wigglytuff guild before he met Blue on the beach, as she had just transformed into a Squirtle. Blue gave Charmander enough courage to be an explorer. He was younger than Blue and Grovyle and he was unarguably the "little brother" of Team Ace, which consisted of mostly legends they had met over their careers as rescuers. The three ran towards the shore when the weather turned... Erie. The clouds clustered quickly and they were green and looked... pixelated.

    "Your dimensional scream kicking in Blue?" Grovyle asked as though it was protocal. Blue could see things that happened in a different period of time if she touched something, but this time nothing was happening.

    "Nothing, and I'm getting scared." Blue replied, tail shivering in fear. Three tairs appeared out of nowhere and they looked pixelated as well. Blue went to grab onto Grovyle's arm and Charmander's hand, but the suction from the tairs was too great and all three were drawn into three seperate tairs.


    "Hey! Hey, are you ok?"

    Five more minutes Charmander. I'm tired

    "C'mon, wake up!"

    Blue finally opened her eyes to see they sky, surprisingly clear. She sat up and saw the stranges pokemon she had ever seen. He was blue and looked like a cross between a cat and a dragon and he had a yellow 'V' on his forehead.

    "Hey, you're ok! I was beginning to worry. My name's Veemon." The creature said, holding out his hand to help Blue up.

    "Um, excuse me but what species did you say you were? You are about the strangest looking Pokemon I've ever seen." Blue said bluntly.

    "Ya, well, you're the strangest Digimon I've ever seen!" He retorted, still friendly.

    "Digimon? What on Pokearth?! Where am I?!" Blue shouted out to the sky.


    Yes this is rushed, this is just to intoduce concept.
    Last edited by Killer_Squirtle; 10th May 2009 at 4:36 PM.

    my random thought of the week:
    Life is full of surprises--That's what we love and hate about it. Once we think we've got things figured out, life throws us a screwball. Sure it sucks for a while, but we always come back for more.
    Now why would you want to click this?

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,501

    Default

    For Killer Squirtle;

    So love it when IE starts pulling its **** and I lose posts.

    Firstly, is the random changing of font size, really needed.

    Secondly you need to work on description, it's very scripty, flat and bland.

    Quote:
    The clouds clusters quickly and they were green and looked... pixelated
    The clouds quickly clustered together, just as quickly turning a vicious green color. Something else seemed wrong with the clouds- not that this was normal behavoir anyways. But the clouds were begining to no longer appear fluffy, taking on a harsh, blocky appearence.


    The dialouge also leaves alot to be desired in some places.

    Quote:
    "Digimon? What in on Pokearth?! Where am I?!" Blue shouted out to the sky.
    [b]In On[b]?

    No. It's;

    What on earth
    What in the world.

    Choose one. Not mash both.

    And to be frank the introduction of the characters also leaves alot to be desired, you dump their history on us, but don't describe them. As if emotional drama and hidden secrets of love, will make up for the fact you basically leave them as the average squirtle, Grovyle and Charmander. Nothing special.

    So work on characters/description/pacing.

    Didn't I review you before, saying the exact same thing?
    What you did was more of a preview, not really an idea. An idea is a Summary for the most part, of your story or idea. Not a rushed sample.

    @ Dragon Trainer

    Since the age of 18 Debbie has been under constent surveillance due to an error on an operation which killed both her parents,
    Operation? What sort of operation. Were her parents super secret agent spies? And if they were- the girl wouldn't just be under surveillance, she'd most likely be in something like the witness protection program.

    she stays low and unnoticed until one night when she is attacked by two muggers, and a unfamiliar red haired man comes to her rescue.
    What about the people supposedly watching her? Where were they? Or do they only watch her enough to see if she dies? And unfamiliar person, as opposed to someone she knows?

    Who is this stranger? When she is taken back to Kanto will she return to Johto? Can she ever fall in love with him?
    And well basically you give out the plot that you basically want to hitch the two together.

    Also- is this two short summaries of two stories, or one confusing and conflicting one, for one story? And why give us a list of her pokemon? We don't need that. And I mean we know the types of the pokemon :/

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Somewhere Beyond the Barricade
    Posts
    4,408

    Default

    I have been developing an idea for well over a year now, and I keep on changing and re-imagining the world and its characters, and it's grown from more or less a Mystery Dungeon ripoff with 4th generation characters (I started just after the release of D/P in Japan and before Mystery Dungeon 2 was announced). But I think I finally have it all figured out, and it's gonna probably be one of the most elaborate and complex fanfics out there.

    Its title at the moment (it changes regularly) is "Unity: The Saga of the Plate Holders". It's set in a world where only pokemon exist, and focuses on two groups of pokemon. Firstly, you have the Plate Holders, sixteen warriors (one holding each plate) who are chosen disciples of Arceus, who is of course the god of this universe, and their efforts to prevent the revival of Darkrai, an ancient evil locked away by Arceus. While the Plate Holders battle various legendary threats, the story also follows the coming-of-age of some trainee warriors, several of which are children of the Plate Holders.

    I don't want to say much more about the story, but this particularly brutal portrayal of pokemon studies the darker side of many game mechanics, and also explores themes such as romance, death and religion which most "Pokemon" media avoids. One of the reasons I've taken so long to develop this is that I want my decisions to be justified, and not just come across as "why isn't pokemon less child-friendly?" all the time.

    I hope some of you check it out when I release Chapter 1- most likely in about six weeks when exams are all over. Hopefully all my preliminary work will pay off

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •