Page 45 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1478

Thread: Fic ideas V.2

  1. #1101
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    21

    Default

    So I have this idea for a Pokemon fanfic that involves all of the main characters (and rivals) from Generations 1-5, minus Red and Blue, going to a new region. Most of them will have different names. It also takes place a year after the events of BW, and BW2 is disregarded. I have a few questions (and ideas):

    The skill level order would be (in order from weakest to strongest):

    Kris - Azura (yes, she is in this story, but as a generic trainer)
    Wally
    Barry/Hilda - Salima (working on name)
    Bianca/Cheren
    N
    Lyra
    Ethan - ???
    Brendan - Aero/May - Rena (working on name)
    Silver - Kamon/Hilbert - Hoi (initialized version of Hero of Ideals)
    Dawn - ???/Lucas - ???
    Leaf - ???

    Each of them will have different reasons to go to the region, and some will also have heard about it from different sources.

    Would the Hero still have Reshiram/Zekrom?

    Would Team Magma/Aqua/Galactic (without Cyrus) go to a new region for any reason? If so, would any of them merge with one another (Magma/Aqua fusion not included, of course)? I can see Team Rocket and Plasma doing so to carry out their plans, but I'm not so sure about the other two.

    I was thinking of either having a boat/airplane go from Route 29 (Kanto - Johto) to Hoenn to Sinnoh to Unova (but it takes a few days to get to Unova) to the new region, but is that even possible?

    No new Pokemon will have been discovered, oddly enough, but some of them do have new moves. There are Pokemon Centers, but the PCs do not work, so those who want to catch new ones will have to deposit some of their current ones.

    There will be at least 30 gyms and a non-linear path, some of which will have less conventional ways of getting badges.

    Some gyms may also have restrictions (no super-effective attacks, no spam, etc.).

    More to come.
    Last edited by Latiken; 30th August 2012 at 2:26 AM.

  2. #1102

    Default

    Okay, I was practicality dreaming of this one. Yes, I had a dream about this idea and how the story would go down. I've wanted to do a Super Princess Peach like plot but never got around to doing it with my ginkinjka cast but maybe with my Team cast, maybe.

    Plot: It's 12:30AM, and there are mysterious figures surrounding the Team Galactic HQ, many of them trying to scratch the windows. Meanwhile the noise wakes up Mars, who is sleeping in Saturn's room... alone (he sometimes goes for days at a time to go train himself). She see the shadows and feeling scared, she calls him. After some begging, he finally comes around and tries to see what the ruckus was. Meanwhile, in her room, Jupiter hears noises coming from her window. She hears many conversations going on about some secret plot. Her mate (who happens to be a Rocket grunt) happens to be sleeping next to her and she wakes him up, demanding that he'd go after them and protect her. (despite Jupiter never being targeted by Team Dark) The grunt goes and the offense after the people while Saturn accompanies him. However, when they do head outside, it happens to be Team Dark.

    So they decide that they are going to try o fight them off, but before they could do that, Team D uses one of their ships to warp them to one of their flag ships. Now gone, the girls must find a way to save their loved ones. So they run to Team Rocket's building and pleads their case to them. They take the case, but Jupiter realizes that she must go with them while Mars has to stay behind with Ariana. That makes her upset because she feels that she's being disrespected, when it's really yes they will make sure she's safe however, they know that she's is more than capable.

    After they leave, I wanted to have Mars and Ariana go after by themselves to see if they would be the heroes. They face many obstacles together such as being targeted by Team Dark and other things. But they use their Pokemon and some magic items to pull them through.

    Yeah, this idea needs work.
    岩根雅明=♡

  3. #1103
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Land of Fish and Chips
    Posts
    1,032

    Default

    PatriotWolf - sounds cool. Are you going to account for things like Oak himself having Pokemon and the fact that he didn't complete the Pokedex (he says so in the beginning of R/B/Y/FR/LG)?

    Latiken - I imagine the hero would probably still have their dragon, if N does. I don't really see Galactic fusing with another team, their plans just don't fit. Also, I can't really see most of Team Plasma (apart from Ghetsis and his loyal cronies) joining Rocket, as Plasma are opposed to Pokemon cruelty, while Rocket cut Slowpoke tails off for crying out loud! The boat/plane idea certainly seems possible.

    Can I ask you some questions? First, why isn't Red coming? I understand Blue (being a gym leader and all), but why Red? (I'm not saying put him in, just asking for an explanation) Also, the PC thing makes little sense. The PCs are broken... but they can deposit their old Pokemon just fine? Just can't withdraw them? I don't understand why one function works, but the other doesn't - especially since they'd probably want to fix the withdraw function very quickly, think of all the poor Pokemon trapped in there. If you want to find a way to ensure the new Pokemon get usage, I'd say use a different idea. While the gym ideas seem mostly fine (the alternate ways to get badges and the avoidance of spam attacks seems like encouraging cleverness), I'm a little bothered by the banning of super effective attacks. To me, that sounds like giving a heavy advantage to the Gym Leader (their biggest threats are gone), and also prevents a trainer from strategising (they can't plan out how to attack their opponents' weak points).

    Overall, a good idea, just needs a little more thinking.

    Gothitelle - I like the idea of the women saving the men for a change, but I'm a bit confused. So both the men and women are very competent trainers (the women moreso together, as they are both admins while one of the men is a grunt), yet the men go off on their own...? I can understand Mars, if Team Dark are after her all the time, but why Jupiter? Is she backup or something? (In that case, wouldn't Saturn be better backup, as he is with her from the start?) And then they go anyway.

    I'm not sure why Team Rocket want to help, but at least there seems to be a logical reason to help (a Rocket member was also captured). Why does Mars stay with Ariana, specifically? Why not Archer, or Proton, or Petrel, or just a random Rocket grunt? Alright, maybe an admin
    makes sense due to being stronger, but still... And if Mars is still capable (or if Ariana is, it's not clear who you are referring to), why can't she go? Though the fact that they do, in fact, head off to fight seems to at least show that they are aware of this. Can you be a bit more specific as to these items, by the way?

    Again, a good concept, it's just that I think it'd be a good idea to think out the circumstances a little more.

    Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

  4. #1104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Muffin View Post
    Gothitelle - I like the idea of the women saving the men for a change, but I'm a bit confused. So both the men and women are very competent trainers (the women moreso together, as they are both admins while one of the men is a grunt), yet the men go off on their own...? I can understand Mars, if Team Dark are after her all the time, but why Jupiter? Is she backup or something? (In that case, wouldn't Saturn be better backup, as he is with her from the start?) And then they go anyway.
    I don't understand the question. However grunts arent incompetent. This guy though he is kinda strange is pretty competent. Are you asking why Jupiter feels the need to be protected?

    I'm not sure why Team Rocket want to help, but at least there seems to be a logical reason to help (a Rocket member was also captured). Why does Mars stay with Ariana, specifically? Why not Archer, or Proton, or Petrel, or just a random Rocket grunt? Alright, maybe an admin
    makes sense due to being stronger, but still... And if Mars is still capable (or if Ariana is, it's not clear who you are referring to), why can't she go? Though the fact that they do, in fact, head off to fight seems to at least show that they are aware of this. Can you be a bit more specific as to these items, by the way?
    I don't understand here either. For the capable thing I was referring to Jupiter, not Mars/Ariana. She was the one who wanted to stay behind with the other girls but then the team wanted her to fight along side them.

    And your right. Since in my universe, Archer and Ariana are dating, he should have protected them however, it would make my plot a little less endearing since a man is with them. Ariana is an interm boss so she's also an admin. (plus Proton and Petrel have their own girlfriends to worry about, plus they don't really like Ariana)

    Items, I was thinking like in the Peach game, a magic parasol?
    岩根雅明=♡

  5. #1105
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Muffin View Post
    PatriotWolf - sounds cool. Are you going to account for things like Oak himself having Pokemon and the fact that he didn't complete the Pokedex (he says so in the beginning of R/B/Y/FR/LG)?
    will have Pokemon throughout the Kanto trip. I was thinking of expanding the Pokemon universe, as in adding in locations in Kanto, and adding in OC's. Remember, Oak won't be a trainer, so how he handles his Pokemon will be significantly different. More so, he isn't out to capture every Pokemon like Ash, no, his goal is to study them in their natural habitats. Quick note, I am also looking into Pallet growing from a small village into a sizable, starter-giveout town due to Oak situating his lab there. So yeah. Expanded Universe pretty much, and no he will not complete the Pokedex, nor does it exist at the time.

  6. #1106
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Land of Fish and Chips
    Posts
    1,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    I don't understand the question. However grunts arent incompetent. This guy though he is kinda strange is pretty competent. Are you asking why Jupiter feels the need to be protected?

    I don't understand here either. For the capable thing I was referring to Jupiter, not Mars/Ariana. She was the one who wanted to stay behind with the other girls but then the team wanted her to fight along side them.

    And your right. Since in my universe, Archer and Ariana are dating, he should have protected them however, it would make my plot a little less endearing since a man is with them. Ariana is an interm boss so she's also an admin. (plus Proton and Petrel have their own girlfriends to worry about, plus they don't really like Ariana)

    Items, I was thinking like in the Peach game, a magic parasol?
    For the first question, yes, I was asking why Jupiter stayed behind. Also, for the grunt thing, sorry - I wasn't saying so much that he would be INcompetent, due to being lower ranked, I was saying that he might not be as strong as the admins.

    Ah, I see. The way you worded the capable sentence confused me as to who it referred to. I wasn't so much saying that it should be one of the men (as the story is based off of the men being damsels in distress, not the women). Rather, I was trying to say that there should be a specific reason why Ariana, rather than somebody else, is staying behind.

    A magic parasol? Could work, if you could tie it to the Pokemon world somehow (like it's a Ditto or something).


    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotWolf View Post
    will have Pokemon throughout the Kanto trip. I was thinking of expanding the Pokemon universe, as in adding in locations in Kanto, and adding in OC's. Remember, Oak won't be a trainer, so how he handles his Pokemon will be significantly different. More so, he isn't out to capture every Pokemon like Ash, no, his goal is to study them in their natural habitats. Quick note, I am also looking into Pallet growing from a small village into a sizable, starter-giveout town due to Oak situating his lab there. So yeah. Expanded Universe pretty much, and no he will not complete the Pokedex, nor does it exist at the time.
    It's very clear from the setting that it would contain OCs (being a good 20 years or so ago), as well as Oak not being a trainer. How the Pokedex is invented and the growth of Pallet seem like really great things that could be covered in the story as well. Like I said, it sounds really interesting, and I feel like reading it from the description!

    Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

  7. #1107
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Muffin View Post
    It's very clear from the setting that it would contain OCs (being a good 20 years or so ago), as well as Oak not being a trainer. How the Pokedex is invented and the growth of Pallet seem like really great things that could be covered in the story as well. Like I said, it sounds really interesting, and I feel like reading it from the description!
    I would say a good 40 to 50 years ago. Pokeball's just becoming widespread. And good, already have a reader. The only problem I am having is that I fear that telling a story through first person diary entries won't attract readers as the action will be based around what Oak experiences in his travels. And its mostly about cataloging the differences in Pokemon. Like a Pokemon Encyclopedia.

    In any case the first entry is an intro with him discussing what he is going to do, and also introducing Puck. His Pokemon.

  8. #1108
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Well, I was thinking to myself: What if I did my own take on a trainer fic?

    It would involve May and Drew, along with them encountering a few people like Harley along the way...Of course, it will involve some shippyness, but I am mainly worried about how many people think that there won't be much originality...
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:



    I have claimed Registeel!

  9. #1109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Muffin View Post
    For the first question, yes, I was asking why Jupiter stayed behind.
    Well if you think the love of your life is in danger, why send them out? Especially if they *demand* that you protect them?

    Rather, I was trying to say that there should be a specific reason why Ariana, rather than somebody else, is staying behind.
    She also gets targeted as well.
    岩根雅明=♡

  10. #1110
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    ████
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Well, I was thinking to myself: What if I did my own take on a trainer fic?

    It would involve May and Drew, along with them encountering a few people like Harley along the way...Of course, it will involve some shippyness, but I am mainly worried about how many people think that there won't be much originality...
    If it helps, ask yourself what about this will be new. Sure, you're writing about May and Drew's journey through wherever, but lots of people have done trainer fics centered around canon characters. So. What's your new angle?

    REBOOT: Chapter fifteen now available. | Original: Chapter thirty-one now available.

    The Witch of Fic | 365+ Reviews
    Q&A's for all your writing needs. | 365 fanfic reviews in 365 days.

    The Fan Fiction Mafia | Author's Profile

  11. #1111
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Muffin View Post
    Latiken - I imagine the hero would probably still have their dragon, if N does. I don't really see Galactic fusing with another team, their plans just don't fit. Also, I can't really see most of Team Plasma (apart from Ghetsis and his loyal cronies) joining Rocket, as Plasma are opposed to Pokemon cruelty, while Rocket cut Slowpoke tails off for crying out loud! The boat/plane idea certainly seems possible.
    I'll drop the merge idea then.

    Can I ask you some questions? First, why isn't Red coming? I understand Blue (being a gym leader and all), but why Red? (I'm not saying put him in, just asking for an explanation)
    Red isn't actually with them, after Gold/Ethan beat him, he disappeared...again. If that makes no sense, I'll say he came back home for a while, then disappeared...again.

    Also, the PC thing makes little sense. The PCs are broken... but they can deposit their old Pokemon just fine? Just can't withdraw them? I don't understand why one function works, but the other doesn't - especially since they'd probably want to fix the withdraw function very quickly, think of all the poor Pokemon trapped in there.
    I meant deposit before going to the new region, sorry if that wasn't clear before.

    While the gym ideas seem mostly fine (the alternate ways to get badges and the avoidance of spam attacks seems like encouraging cleverness), I'm a little bothered by the banning of super effective attacks. To me, that sounds like giving a heavy advantage to the Gym Leader (their biggest threats are gone), and also prevents a trainer from strategising (they can't plan out how to attack their opponents' weak points).

    Overall, a good idea, just needs a little more thinking.
    They were just examples, but you're right. I just won't use "no super-effective attacks", no matter if one or both of them have to do this, it doesn't make sense.

  12. #1112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    Okay, I was practicality dreaming of this one. Yes, I had a dream about this idea and how the story would go down. I've wanted to do a Super Princess Peach like plot but never got around to doing it with my ginkinjka cast but maybe with my Team cast, maybe.

    Plot: It's 12:30AM, and there are mysterious figures surrounding the Team Galactic HQ, many of them trying to scratch the windows. Meanwhile the noise wakes up Mars, who is sleeping in Saturn's room... alone (he sometimes goes for days at a time to go train himself). She see the shadows and feeling scared, she calls him. After some begging, he finally comes around and tries to see what the ruckus was. Meanwhile, in her room, Jupiter hears noises coming from her window. She hears many conversations going on about some secret plot. Her mate (who happens to be a Rocket grunt) happens to be sleeping next to her and she wakes him up, demanding that he'd go after them and protect her. (despite Jupiter never being targeted by Team Dark) The grunt goes and the offense after the people while Saturn accompanies him. However, when they do head outside, it happens to be Team Dark.

    So they decide that they are going to try o fight them off, but before they could do that, Team D uses one of their ships to warp them to one of their flag ships. Now gone, the girls must find a way to save their loved ones. So they run to Team Rocket's building and pleads their case to them. They take the case, but Jupiter realizes that she must go with them while Mars has to stay behind with Ariana. That makes her upset because she feels that she's being disrespected, when it's really yes they will make sure she's safe however, they know that she's is more than capable.

    After they leave, I wanted to have Mars and Ariana go after by themselves to see if they would be the heroes. They face many obstacles together such as being targeted by Team Dark and other things. But they use their Pokemon and some magic items to pull them through.

    Yeah, this idea needs work.

    eh disregard the shipping question, their thread is back from the grave.

    Anyway, I think I want to change this idea up a bit. I mean i wanted to have a story like this about Mars and Jupiter but now, I'm thinking that I should shorten the cast a bit. Like not have Team Rocket involved. Also I think I want to make it so that it's only Mars' partner that was kidnapped. (I mean, yeah both Saturn and the Team Rocket grunt still go see what the ruckus was but it's Saturn that gets caught up while the other escapes) That way, she goes on the journey to save him. However I wanted Ariana to be in the story as well so I want to make her Mars' traveling companion. I don't know but I think the story would be more compelling that way.
    岩根雅明=♡

  13. #1113
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Treasure Town~
    Posts
    49

    Default

    To try and see if I can slowly get past my procrastination problems, I've decided to do one-shots about characters rarely written about in the fandom and maybe later rarepairs. You know, characters like Purple Eyes, Chimecho from PMD1, Rui, maybe an XD:Gale of Darkness character, one of the Pelipper from PMD1, Daisy Oak, maybe one of the Gym Leaders, Glacia...
    Basically, just a collection of one-shots about underrated/not written about in the fandom characters.
    Pokémon games I own: Diamond, Platinum, White, HeartGold, Blue Rescue Team, Explorers of Time, Explorers of Time, Ranger, Shadows of Almia, Guardian Signs, Colosseum.
    Currently reading the Ginji's Rescue Team manga.

    RangerShipping, my OTP~

    Solana x Lunick forever~!

  14. #1114
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    A therapist's Sofa
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Jirachi View Post
    To try and see if I can slowly get past my procrastination problems, I've decided to do one-shots about characters rarely written about in the fandom and maybe later rarepairs. You know, characters like Purple Eyes, Chimecho from PMD1, Rui, maybe an XD:Gale of Darkness character, one of the Pelipper from PMD1, Daisy Oak, maybe one of the Gym Leaders, Glacia...
    Basically, just a collection of one-shots about underrated/not written about in the fandom characters.
    That's a fantastic idea. Do that. One shots are great for getting little ideas out of your head.

    This fandom needs more love for its lesser known characters.
    Skogsrĺ

    Gardenia never liked the Old Chateau, but what if the Old Chateau liked her?

    Author's Profile

  15. #1115
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,832

    Default

    This is a idea I had while at school this morning. It takes place 5-10 years after Team Rocket disbanded. Two teens decided to embark on a journey and leave to become the best pokemon trainers possible. Along the way they encounter Team Rocket but something about them is different. They have shadow pokemon now and plan to catch the legendary birds Ho-oh and Lugia and shadowfy them. Can they stop Team Rocket or will Team Rocket succeed and become the rulers of Johto and Kanto?

  16. #1116
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Posts
    43

    Default

    I've been seeking ways to sharpen my writing skills in these past couple of years. I came up with the conclusion of practicing narrative by structuring stories of series I like, among them Pokemon. I posted an idea in the wrong forum about a year ago and it wasn't exactly the best that could've come out of my mind (the typical fic about an unnecessary sequel featuring already made characters, plus a horrible way to ruin one of them). It was a big mistake, for I wasn't considering that work already had an author that can do whatever he/she wants with his/her characters. So, after entering other sites and reading some examples (from both fics and books), I opted to create my own original story, concepts and characters; while not deviating from the essence that we -the fans- love about Pokemon.

    As ludicrous as it may sound, here goes my new idea (Note: this story is still experimental, and it's a detective story, so I might need a share of clever concepts and twists, if it's not much of a hassle) :

    It's a story set in Kanto, about a 100 years after the events of the Red and Blue games' plot. The region's main cities have all advanced greatly in terms of technology and population. Whereas Pokemon training was the only way to build a relationship between humans and their team, there was a trainer who taught his Pokemon how to speak human language (based on how Meowth learned how to speak in the anime) thus, leading both to found the greatest advancement in this era, called the SHARP Institute (Special Human Assistance and Relationships for Pokemon Institute); a special complex (located in Saffron) where Pokemon can be taught to speak so as to assist humans in any occupation that isn't traditional pkmn training (still respected as the original method of human-to-pokemon friendship). The jobs range from constructions, medicine, police force, espionage and even bounty hunting (just as much as technology and population increased in Kanto, so has crime). The SHARP Pokemon are partnered with humans based on both subjects' personalities and affinity, and also have access to any of the tools needed for their chosen occupation. The espionage portion (which will be the main character's occupation) includes all that is intelligence and private investigations. The Pokemon types exclusive to the ease of espionage are Psychic, Dark, Ghost, Bug, and Poison; any possible combination between the five would be more than recommended.

    The protagonist of this story is Sansu Ikan, a washed-up ex-trainer who entered the SHARP institute to enlist in private investigations. Sansu is a depressed man who wants to rekindle his downed spirit following his humiliating defeat in the indigo league at the hands of his douche-bag rival a decade prior. With little to no confidence in anything but his agile mind and observation skills, Sansu seeks another resolve in his life by becoming a Pokemon detective. After his obligatory training, Sansu is assigned to his partner, a rowdy and smart-*** Sneasel who dubbed itself "Elvis" (the Sneasel likes how it sounds); initially they don't get along very well (the reason Sansu and Elvis were matched was because Elvis had the confidence that Sansu needed), but most part of this story is how their partnership evolves into a close friendship. Although their first case was supposed to be easy, it lead the duo to butt heads with other operatives notorious for taking only S-Rank (the riskiest missions available) missions, mainly a 10-year-old genius boy detective, a trio of ragtag (but cool as hell) bounty hunters, and a hot-blooded and hot-tempered Pokemon Ranger; all of them investigating the same case, which is to find the reason behind recent riots caused by berserk wild pokemon.

    As he further investigates, Sansu will discover that his rival's victory over him 10 years before wasn't because of lack of skill; as a matter of fact, Sansu would be (partially) responsible for the mastermind's uprising.

    As I said before, this is only experimental, but I think it's okay to combine suspense, mystery, lots of action, and a moral of true friendship (this will have no romance whatsoever, despite being a detective story).

    I thought about this after playing Hideo Kojima's Snatcher (where you control a detective and have a comic-relief robot partner).

    I might ask you guys for suggestions of both grammar and storyline-wise (I just wanna have fun with writing).

    Thank you in advance.

  17. #1117
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5

    Default

    My idea...

    Ash Ketchum is fifteen years old, he won the Unova league and he actually went back and traveled to previously visited places, such as the Orange Islands and met with some old friends.

    Ash is living with his mother and is now helping out Professor Oak, he will occasionally visit Gary in Shinnoh and help him out to to help Oak keep in contact with his grandson.

    Meanwhile back at the Team Rocket HQ- Jesse, James and Meowth are trying to beg their boss to let them have another chance. Giovanni agrees, though he goes through their reports and notices Ash's interference with Team Rocket, Galactic, Plasma, etc. etc. He was infuriated and wanted the boy dealt with at once. Giovanni did not want Ash causing anymore trouble for the company.

    +++

    I have more written out. But here's the gist of it:

    Ash's is Giovanni's son in this story.

    Ash is captured by Team Rocket.

    Ash disguises himself as a grunt to escape the facility.

    Ash's old friends team up with one another to save him (so like one big epic reunion).

    Giovanni and Ash's mom actually have some romantic character development, or I'll try.

    Team Rocket will have character development.

    Some new characters/OCs, possibly. In a fan-fiction like this you kinda have to...

    I actually originally pictured it as a movie trailer while listening to 'Welcome to the black parade' and Ocean Princess by Thomas Bergersen which can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbEob28Dxag I also got some inspiration from Gurren Lagann, imagining that Ash is older and kinda turns into Simon...

  18. #1118
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    I'm thinking about writing a story set in a non-canon pokemon world, using a blend of both canon pokemon and original pokemon that I created. Think of it like a new gen story with original characters.

    The story would follow the same pattern in the games: a character chooses her first pokemon and goes on a journey and is accompanied by two other trainers.

    I thought of doing this because I don't read the manga or watch the anime and I didn't wanna make any mistakes due to lack of knowledge about characters.

  19. #1119
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    ████
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Jirachi View Post
    To try and see if I can slowly get past my procrastination problems, I've decided to do one-shots about characters rarely written about in the fandom and maybe later rarepairs. You know, characters like Purple Eyes, Chimecho from PMD1, Rui, maybe an XD:Gale of Darkness character, one of the Pelipper from PMD1, Daisy Oak, maybe one of the Gym Leaders, Glacia...
    Basically, just a collection of one-shots about underrated/not written about in the fandom characters.
    Seconding Diddy's comment. Throw in the PC admins, and you've got an auto-PM-list-entry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    This is a idea I had while at school this morning. It takes place 5-10 years after Team Rocket disbanded. Two teens decided to embark on a journey and leave to become the best pokemon trainers possible. Along the way they encounter Team Rocket but something about them is different. They have shadow pokemon now and plan to catch the legendary birds Ho-oh and Lugia and shadowfy them. Can they stop Team Rocket or will Team Rocket succeed and become the rulers of Johto and Kanto?
    I don't know. On the one hand, this reads a lot like a generic trainer fic (kids go off on a journey and get sidetracked by an evil team and their plot to take over the world), but on the other, not too many trainer fics use shadow Pokémon. It would be interesting if you tackled the issue of the fact that Team Rocket had to get their information about shadows from somewhere -- as in, subplots involving Cipher. (It'd be disappointing, meanwhile, if Team Rocket just happened to come up with the idea as if Cipher didn't exist. I mean, you'd be taking credit from one canon group and distributing it to another, which I personally think would be a bit cheap.)

    Other than that, there's not too much to go on here. It really is pretty standard.

    Quote Originally Posted by SaitohYatate View Post
    and it wasn't exactly the best that could've come out of my mind (the typical fic about an unnecessary sequel featuring already made characters, plus a horrible way to ruin one of them).
    Aaaaand I think I like you.

    The jobs range from constructions, medicine, police force, espionage and even bounty hunting
    Side note, but I would expect that bounty hunting and police work would be basically the same thing, particularly considering the fact that bounty hunting itself is questionably legal for various reasons. I can't imagine why an officially sanctioned or at least well-respected organization would actually encourage that line of work.

    In general, though, there are a lot of reasons why I find your idea interesting. First and foremost, there's the fact that it's 100 years after canon, which means you're most likely going to have a lot of in-depth worldbuilding going on in order to establish exactly how advanced this new society is, how it works, why crime is on the rise, and so forth.

    Second, yes, the talking Pokémon thing is finally going to be touched upon. (Most people just have Pokémon talk and never address it or have the humans conveniently take Pokémon speech courses as if animalistic communication is suddenly a foreign language.) It would be even more interesting if this ends up being expanded so that the humans' purpose in this world -- or at least in the institute -- is clarified; after all, if you have a talking creature with supernatural powers that can be taught how to do human jobs, then why have a human partner, right?

    Third, hell yes, noir. Just saying.

    In short, interesting idea, and I'd say go for it. When you post the thread, you can ask for grammatical advice (because it's rather hard to advise you when we don't really have the story in front of us to critique), but the storyline looks solid enough to work with. Good luck!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigAnimation View Post
    Some new characters/OCs, possibly. In a fan-fiction like this you kinda have to...
    Not really, actually. You can get away with just using canon characters because the idea is pretty much centered on them. It's about Ash escaping from Team Rocket, and you've already got both Team Rocket higher-ups (Giovanni, Matori, a lot of the movie villains, Pierce, the scientists, maybe even game or manga characters if you're okay with cross-canon mixing) and Rocket grunts (Jessie, James, Butch, Cassidy). You have the Ash companion reunion, which will call for solidly canon characters. You've got the romantic subplot, which involves only Giovanni and Delia. There's not really that much room to have OCs except as background characters, and you don't have to even name or develop your background characters. In short, attempting to shoehorn OCs into this idea might actually detract from the story -- as in, it'd only serve as a distraction from the main point.

    Not every fanfic needs to have OCs, so whenever you think about including them, consider whether or not your story needs them. If you can't figure out a specific reason for including one, don't include one. (The same could be said for canon characters, but this isn't really an example of such.)

    In any case, we haven't really had a good old-fashioned escape-from-Team-Rocket fanfic in the fandom for a long time, so on the one hand, it'd be interesting to watch. On the other, I just can't figure out why Ash would need to be captured instead of, well, killed. I know that the Pokémon anime is a happy-go-lucky, don't-say-die kind of canon, but we're talking about the mafia here. Not only that, but Giovanni knows from past records that if you capture the kid, he'll just mess things up for Team Whatever. Is it just because Giovanni wants to convince Ash to join Team Rocket due to the whole "you're actually the heir of the organization" thing? If so, why is he infuriated at first? When does he figure things out? Does he take an interest in the boy and begin forcing him to be an apprentice, or does he just keep Ash locked in a cage? What does he do to coax Ash into thinking about joining if that's the angle he goes for? If Giovanni doesn't know that Ash is his son, then why does he keep the kid locked up when he knows that Ash + evil team base = bad things?

    Also, is that romantic subplot between Giovanni and Delia in the present or the past? If it's a present thing (as in, Giovanni and Delia contact each other and have romantic shenanigans), then what exactly happens there, and what does that have to do with the story? (If it's a backstory thing, then that's a bit easier to swallow.)

    In short, interesting start of an idea, but it needs to be grown a bit first to cover a lot of questions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Johto_girl View Post
    I'm thinking about writing a story set in a non-canon pokemon world, using a blend of both canon pokemon and original pokemon that I created. Think of it like a new gen story with original characters.

    The story would follow the same pattern in the games: a character chooses her first pokemon and goes on a journey and is accompanied by two other trainers.

    I thought of doing this because I don't read the manga or watch the anime and I didn't wanna make any mistakes due to lack of knowledge about characters.
    Hate to be blunt about this, but this pretty much describes an entire genre of fanfiction. (Trainer fics. Original region subgenre, to be specific.) You'll want to come up with a strong story to add to this idea in order to make it interesting; otherwise, you end up writing something generic that echoes a lot of popular or well-written fics in the fandom. You've got a lot of competition, so you'll need to stand out if you want to attract the attention of anyone besides the groupies who would review and/or love anything just because it's a trainer fic.

    Or in other words, if you say "this story follows the same pattern as ____," you'll want to rethink your idea because chances are, this fandom has seen it already. A lot.

    Good luck!

    REBOOT: Chapter fifteen now available. | Original: Chapter thirty-one now available.

    The Witch of Fic | 365+ Reviews
    Q&A's for all your writing needs. | 365 fanfic reviews in 365 days.

    The Fan Fiction Mafia | Author's Profile

  20. #1120
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    97

    Default

    So I was thinking of writing a mystery dungeon fic. Like most mystery dungeon stories this one will be about a team (A rescue team in this case) existing of 2 Pokemon. The main character and the partner. Unlike most mystery dungeon stories however the main character isn't a human who transformed into a Pokemon. There is something going on with him but that's something I will reveal later on in the story. The story will start off with them just starting out as a new and ordinary rescue team. In this world humans have existed but they currently don't exist anymore. (Not for over 10.000 years) Nobody knows what happened to them, it's something that was forgotten over time. (Which makes sense considering Pokemon were either wild or trained by a trainer back then. There was no Pokemon civilization like in mystery dungeon) This fic will be about what happened to all the humans and the main character's role in it. Also how it all happened is something of great importance much later in the story.

    So what do you guys think? Does it sound like it could be a good story or do you think it's a horrible idea? Let me know
    Friend Codes:

    HeartGold: 0218 7650 9884 White:5157 9938 2000
    White 2 (Japanese Version): 5286 8510 6691

  21. #1121

    Default

    I generally don't write stories like this because alot of other people have written them and plus I'm not the most original writer on the planet. But I'm thinking about doing a trainer type fic starring a canon character. It's going to be one shotted since I don't really think I can go through the whole entire adventure etc etc. plus, I wanted my fic to have the character decide for herself at the end what she wants to do with her journey. This one if going to be based on the Mt Stark encounter and Team Galactic etc and the player character (which I named Silver because that's what I named myself in the game) beats the two female commanders. While Mars leaves, I do remember Jupiter saying something about she doesn't know where her journey will take her etc. I need the exact words or what she said but I remember saying something like that when playing the game and it donned on me: "hey make a trainer fic on this!"

    ..
    ...
    .....

    Summary: Team Galactic looses one leader. They loose their goal. Mars and Jupiter quit and the other leader Charon gets arrested. After the drama, Jupiter decides that after she had quit her job as a Team Galactic member, she was going to go make a life for herself. So she takes the train and moves in temporally moves in with her mom to get started. She lives in a new region (the Unova region. I think all the regions have been there for a long time since people saying they lived there fr 5 years) so Jupiter would have to adjust to her surroundings. She then meets a group of kids who are younger than she is including a girl and her metang and a boy and his electivire, They get to know once another, challenge each other to a battle etc.

    During a conversation about journeying, they suggest that Jupiter tries a gym challenge. So she does and wins against the gym leader, however she says that she isn't sure if she wants to go out of her way and be the champion. She mostly wants to settle down and figure out what she wants to do with herself. So with that, she thanks her new friends and goes on her way to wherever the wind carries her. But assures her new friends (especially the girl because she has a liking for gorgeous girls) that she'll see them again.

    --
    ---
    -----

    *pants* This takes place a week after the Mt Stark lost. So she lives in Unova for two years and withen the two years, Charon comes back and you know. So in this fic, she is 19 but at present, she's 21. But yeah, I realize that there's a popular trainer fic on here that features a canon character (Max's Adventures) and I don't want to seem like I'm copying her fic. I guess as an extra, I should have Jupiter return to Sinnoh to challenge Silver who became the champion...
    Last edited by はるひ; 12th September 2012 at 4:44 AM.
    岩根雅明=♡

  22. #1122
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    United States of Eurasia
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Here's one of my ideas, it's not perfect-perfect. It basically tells the story of what Black did after the events of Black and White's Storyline and a bit of post-storyline (like capturing the seven sages and meeting Cynthia).

    Fanfic Name: Black Snow (Because Sinnoh is a lot colder than Unova)

    Plot: Black, the Hero of Truth and the trainer who helped defeat Team Plasma, leaves Unova to avoid the memories of his journey and his encounter with N, who he misses, and starts anew. He takes Reshiram and his team to the Sinnoh region, to learn more about Cynthia, a mysterious woman he met in Undella Town during his search for the seven sages. Black is still tormented, as he is still unsure whether he did the right thing in Unova, and he is also secretely searching for N across the world.
    He travels around Sinnoh to try and learn more about N and Cynthia, but in the meantime, he also discovers that Sinnoh posseses a trainer just like him: a trainer who saved his region from a crime syndicate and also contacted a Legendary Pokémon three years before he did (the Protagonist from Platinum, aka Lucas). Black also searches for him, but is also unknowingly being hunted by a discretely reformed Team Galactic, who seek to use Reshiram as a power source for their plans.
    It seems that Sinnoh has his own plans for Black: All the people he is looking for are either gone or hiding, and all the eyes are on him...

    The fanfic will have quite a few Flashbacks from Black and will feature several Unova characters including Skyla, Caitlin, Cedric Juniper, the Shadow Triad, Elesa, Drayden, Fennel and Ghetsis.
    Have a nice day

    Black FC: 3911-6974-2268
    -STUNFISK LAUGHS AT YOU!-

    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

  23. #1123
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JX Valentine View Post
    I don't know. On the one hand, this reads a lot like a generic trainer fic (kids go off on a journey and get sidetracked by an evil team and their plot to take over the world), but on the other, not too many trainer fics use shadow Pokémon. It would be interesting if you tackled the issue of the fact that Team Rocket had to get their information about shadows from somewhere -- as in, subplots involving Cipher. (It'd be disappointing, meanwhile, if Team Rocket just happened to come up with the idea as if Cipher didn't exist. I mean, you'd be taking credit from one canon group and distributing it to another, which I personally think would be a bit cheap.)

    Other than that, there's not too much to go on here. It really is pretty standard.
    They got it from Cipher. One of the admins went on their vacation break there and stumbled across an base and took the plans for the shadow pokemon. It's going to seem like a journey fan fic at first but the main character decides to save the world rather than training to beat the champion. I've thought about Red being the new leader of Team Rocket

  24. #1124
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    ████
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    It's going to seem like a journey fan fic at first but the main character decides to save the world rather than training to beat the champion. I've thought about Red being the new leader of Team Rocket
    Hate to tell you this, but a lot of journey fics still do that: start off with "let's go collect badges" and then veer into "let's save the world." You see it especially with fics claiming to be different from the usual journey fic, which ends up being rather hilariously ironic if I can say that. Of course, it depends on where you go from there (because the shadow Pokémon concept isn't used that frequently in journey fics -- not to mention, like I said, potential subplots involving Cipher), but you'll probably want to be aware that this general idea has been done before. Or at least that it sounds like an entire subgenre instead of an idea by itself, so it's difficult to judge whether or not it'll be interesting.

    That being said, what is Cipher doing in this whole thing?

    REBOOT: Chapter fifteen now available. | Original: Chapter thirty-one now available.

    The Witch of Fic | 365+ Reviews
    Q&A's for all your writing needs. | 365 fanfic reviews in 365 days.

    The Fan Fiction Mafia | Author's Profile

  25. #1125
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,107

    Default

    Just have an idea... Here

    Name: The Second Creation
    Summary: Barry returns to Sinnoh after the Distortion World Crisis two years ago and bumps into Lucas and Dawn in the BF. Lucas and Barry have a battle but was disrupted by the *insert name trio*. They decided to do a triple battle but was easily defeated and knocked unconscious. They soon find out that Dawns research on the legendary Pokemon Arceus is stolen and they decided to chase after the *insert trio name*. To beat the trio, they must master the pledge attacks found in the heart of Mt. coronet, as well as realizing the teams intentions

        Spoiler:- What I think they should be after, spoiler!:

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

Page 45 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •